Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Background image

4 years ago

Can anyone tell me why this is not working?

$PAGETEXT := $PAGETEXT + "<body background='http://chooseyourstory.com/resources/images/user/54600?54600'>"

The URL can't be a problem I think since when I type

"<body background='http://chooseyourstory.com/resources/images/user/54600?54600'>" the background of the script page shows

I know the script does not recognize it properly but the image would be correct.

Background image

4 years ago
Which script is this in?

Background image

4 years ago

It is in the global page script.

Background image

4 years ago
Try switching it to the link script while you're waiting.

Background image

4 years ago
Use unicode to replace inner quotes and apostrophes.

Background image

4 years ago
....I hate you.

Background image

4 years ago
Will you be my valentine?

Background image

4 years ago
It really shouldn't matter, but you can take out the ?54600 at the end, as that's not doing anything useful.

Background image

4 years ago

How do I get the URL that is working anyways? If I open it in a new Tab with firefox there is always the word "temp" written in the URL. From my understanding this should not be right.

Background image

4 years ago

Alright. I did search through older Posts here and found this. I agree the help and info page should be changed to that.

Background image

4 years ago

One last question now:

Why is the background image from this above thread now the background of my profile page?

Background image

4 years ago
Glad you got that fixed.

As for your profile page, it's because the page is picking up this thread and showing it on your page, and this thread has the code for the background image. It will disappear from your profile page once you've made enough posts that this one falls off the page.

Background image

4 years ago

Oh then I'm glad. Thanks