Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

CYOA Game: Hammer vs Zombies! (with art)

5 years ago
Commended by EndMaster on 7/21/2018 8:10:07 AM

Welcome to another CYOA Game! This time you are a hammer wielding-hero, and you have to find a way out of a zombie-infested graveyard!!!

What will you do? Throw hammer or attack close range?

5 years ago
If I throw the hammer, I'll hit only one zombie and then I won't have a hammer anymore and the other one will kill me.

Voting to throw it, obviously. Always pick the dumbest options first.

5 years ago
Throw the hammer. Should be a lovely instant death.

5 years ago

Good choice!

Now swing hammer or smash grave at them?

5 years ago
b

5 years ago

You Picked B!

Now what? Throw one or both hammers? 

5 years ago

B: Throw both hammers, assuming one of them is a fleshy bit.  

5 years ago
Throw both hammers, also I didn't know we had magic returning hammers, next time please communicate these things to the voting public

5 years ago

We should keep a backup hammer in case we need it later. That zombie's crotch bulge is covered with blue plasma flames, so being able to cover our retreat and plan a more advanced method of attack should be our first priority.

5 years ago

Lets go all the way and throw both hammers!!

Now jump or block?

5 years ago
Jump- Don't fancy trying to block a metal ball the size of my abdomen hurtling towards me

5 years ago

Haha well said!!

Yay you killed it!

Now what about that creepy hand? Smash it or pull yourself out?

5 years ago

I feel like it would be better to pull ourselves out than smash our own ankles with a hammer.

5 years ago
You can throw hammers in this game, and instead of that plan failing as it should, you actually manage to kill shit. So whatever, let's just smash whatever we're supposed to be smashing, nothing can go wrong.

5 years ago

There are only a few clear rules that have been established in this universe, Maya.

1. There are zombies, which are bad and need to die.

2. You have boomerang hammers, which you can catch perfectly by the handle.

3. These hammers smash and destroy basically everything they ever come into contact with.

There's nothing here to suggest that Hammerman is immune to being hit by his own hammers, and smashing something that's sitting directly on your person without knowing is CLEARLY a recipe for disaster.

5 years ago
Disaster? That sounds like fun! :)

5 years ago

I keep thinking the guy has a swastika on the front of his costume.

5 years ago

In a world where a super secret serum was created (probably in a Nazi basement somewhere), a world where a serum brewed to perfection would change the course of the war for Germany.....

On the Easter Front, a large group of Soviet Soldiers prepare to propel yet another Nazi assault.

A woman shivers as she digs through a wooden crate, the frost biting at her fingers.

"Jerkov," she yells, "where did you put the barbed wire?"

"Up your ass."  A large Russian man says as he burps and stumbles, dropping his bottle of vodka.

"Pisov," he says, "look what you made me do!  You owe me a new one."

"Shut the fuck up and get me that.....what the hell is that?"

Pisov points her finger into the blizzard that had set upon the hapless soldiers.

"Uhh, it's called snow," Jerkov says.

In the distance, a lone figure can be seen sprinting towards them.

"Enemy soldier!" Pisov yells.

They all scramble and rush to grab their guns, bricks, and even a dick or two.  The gunfire and crappy artillery pieces nearly bursting Pisov's eardrum as she fires relentlessly.

Despite the immense amount of shooting, the lone soldier keeps running forward.  Even the closest of grenades and artillery explosions don't seem to harm him.  Are they too drunk to shoot properly, or is he just really lucky?

As the smoke and blasted up dirt obscures their vision, they all prepare for anything.  One idiot runs off into the smoke screaming "For the Motherland!"

The rest shuffle uncomfortably as he does not come back or answer their calls.  

From somewhere off to the side, a loud crack emanates, followed by cry of pain and even a belch or two.

Pisov throws Jerkov behind some supply crates as the screams of their allies ring through the air.  The lone figure comes up over the hill, standing proudly.  His red uniform covered in specks of snow, dirt, and blood.  A swastika placed squarely on the man's chest, his muscles supreme compared to any living man.  His short mustache....

"By God," Pisov said, "it's the Fuhrernator!"

The one and only recipient of the super serum hears the hushed whisper of terror.  Giving them a shooting glance, he dashes towards them.  Pisov fires off the whole magazine, the projectiles bouncing off of the man's chest.  Hitler smirks and leaps at them, at the same time Jerkov breaks a bottle.  

The drunk Russian rushes in, shanking the Fuhrernator; who only laughs and pops Jerkov's head with his bare hands!

Screaming in terror, Pisov throws the gun at Hitler and it bounces off uselessly.  As he walks towards her she flashes her boobs in a last ditch effort.  After smirking and giving them a squeeze, the Fuhrernator skull fucks her eye socket with his tongue.  As she screams in pain he rips her heart out and eats it for his lunch.

With the Russian forces decimated....The Fuhrernator sprints off to find his next batch of foes.

5 years ago

Lets pull ourselves out! Hitting yourself is a bad idea indeed

Now where to find cover? Tomb or Mausoleum?

5 years ago
Wait a minute, nobody won that last vote. You needed to wait for a tiebreaker. I vote smash with hammers; it's our name, it's our job, it's what we're good at.

5 years ago

It is usually the option directly after mine (the fastest one), not the one that gets more votes :P

Smashing your own leg was a bad option anyway, see: 

(that part was rigged form the start :P )

So tomb or Mausolem?

5 years ago
Lame. If you're going to lock us out of options give us some cool death scenes next time.

Crows aren't scary at all and a tomb and a mausoleum are the same thing, I'm abstaining this round since I don't feel like finding a coin to flip.

Also I guess Walter is using non threaded view, the replies are winding up in weird places.

5 years ago

I am using threaded view, and I reply to the very last post.

If hammer had broken his own leg, it would have been game over. And this game is much longer.

5 years ago

I mean, it's entirely possible to, y'know, continue from the previous choice after death, rather than railroad us into something different in a way that has no entertainment value.

It's always better to die a magnificent death and go back, than to be mildly inconvenienced without violence or fanfare!

5 years ago

I agree with Mizal here. Hammer should have pounded his own leg off in this scene and then been devoured by zombies.

My vote goes with the mausoleum, because mummies live in tombs, and I want to fight something that's a real challenge, not some decrepit old fart zombies in linen strips.

5 years ago
Mausoleum. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two is, but if Sent thinks it's better, might as well.

5 years ago

Alright mausoleum it is!! Indeed, the difference is what kind of monster you find in each.

Is a zombie knight! This guy looks like it will be a challenge. Should our hero block or dodge?

5 years ago

Hammers are notoriously terrible blocking devices, and I for one am not banking on these bracelets turning out to be Wonder-Womanly. We should just dodge out of the way.

5 years ago

Alright

Now the sword is stuck in the wall? Smash it or get away??

5 years ago

Wait a second! That was both a dodge and a block! You cheated, I think!

Nevermind about that, we should smash the sword. If we wait for him to get the sword out again, we may as well have done nothing in the first place!

5 years ago

Yeah, the art coud have been more clear. It kind of looks like a block :P

I needed to get that sword in the wall somehow!

The knight is quite strong! And now? Duck or block? 

5 years ago
Block. I'm sure it's going to work just fine.

5 years ago

I'm sure it will ;-)

You block

Now? Charge or throw it at it???

(Now the pic looks out of the frame, thats the problem with replying directly to the person who replies). I may reply to corgi123 (last post) in the next step

5 years ago
Block. No, I'd never try to do something so evil as to get the protagonist killed. :) Hey, I suggest a third option; sing the zombie a pretty song instead, I'm sure it'll calm down.

5 years ago

How can he kill giant zombie monsters but can't fight a few crows?  

Well, shit, in any case I will choose the tomb, because there will probably be a bunch of zombies or something.

5 years ago

This coffin thing seems like a pretty good full-body shield, and I doubt the knight-zombie has the wherewithal to hit small moving targets like our hands and legs. Let's charge at him! We don't appear to have our hammers right now, so throwing it would just give him our only real weapon.

5 years ago

Chaaaaarge!!!!!

Man that is one though skeleton!!!

Now what? Taunt or smash the walls yourself? 

5 years ago

Let's get the zombie to do the work for us. Wouldn't want to lose one of the hammers in the walls of this flimsy place!

5 years ago

You would make a great professional zombie exterminator my friend.

You defeated the knight! Boss fight completed. Lets keep going towards a haunted house!

Now what? Pay or smash door open?

5 years ago

Can we just go and knock down everything?  Hopefully killing everything inside everywhere?

And if not, I'm not gonna let this punk hustle us for 20 bucks.  Smash the door!

5 years ago

20 bucks!? What is this, some sort of tourist attraction? We haven't been killing actors and animatronics this whole time, have we!? Smash the door down! We need to get to the bottom of this house of mirrors and see whether Hammer is just some delusional handyman in a Halloween costume killing people because he's on PCP.

5 years ago

SMASH!!!

Now? Spin attack or use caretaker as bait?

5 years ago

I really don't see why you can't do both.

I imagine B would be harder to draw, but really depends on what angles you use and how many slides you make, something I have practically no experience in. So I'll continue to abstain from voting just as I have been this whole time.

5 years ago
Use caretaker as bait. Especially if that's the same dude that wanted us to pay him money earlier. And if not, more things dying is still fine.

5 years ago

Yeah, that filthy grifter can get eaten by zombies for all I care! B all the way.

5 years ago

Yeah that will show him!!!

Now you have to block the door!!! Bookshelf or statue?

5 years ago

The statue is probably heavier. The bookshelf is more liable to just fall over and/or make your other hammer harder to get to at any rate.

5 years ago

Statue it is.

Now which book will you throw? The androids dream or lock in

5 years ago

The second one has slightly more one-liner potential.

"LOCK IN LOAD!"

Although we shouldn't neglect the usual cheesy lines that come with throwing books in general.

"Cover your face! This might leave a bookmark!"

"You could use some shelf-awareness right about now."

"I'm about to put words right into your mouth!"

"It's time to hit the books!"

"This isn't a novel to be tossed aside lightly!"

"I'm about to make you an author you can't refuse!"

So many one-liners, so little time!

5 years ago

Lock in it is!

Another boss!!!!

Now what? Aim at the knight or the horse??

5 years ago

Throw at his horse.

It is actually almost exactly the same as a choice I have in one of my storygames, so I'm sure this will have good results lo

5 years ago

Hammer time!

Now dodge left or right?

5 years ago

The trouble with choices like this, is that absolutely no critical thinking whatsoever can aid you! How are we supposed to figure out which choice will kill us and which one won't!? If we dodge left, we might charge headlong into a pile of clowns! If we dodge right? We might trip over a bunch of jokers! We're stuck! Stuck right in the middle with this headless horse ass!

The best case I can make for either choice (which is better than I can make for a story with no images that would do this) is that our left is where his sword is. It would take slightly less effort for him to hit us from the left than it would if we dodged to the right.

5 years ago
This is simple, right is right and left is wrong. Well, except if it isn't ... But if we dodged left, that just wouldn't be right!

5 years ago

I was 3 days with no internet, sorry it took so long!

Now Boss fight!!!

Now jump the zombie horde or charge at them?

5 years ago
Charging sounds like a better idea.

5 years ago
Oh, we've acquired a horse. Charging it is.

Should've picked up that guy's sword earlier so we could decapitate them as we went.

5 years ago

Speaking about picking swords.....

Thats it. The game is over! Final boss defeated!!

Thank you all for playing. Please like my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/walterbl6/

5 years ago
I am impressed with your ability to churn out the comic-style art.

Honestly, it's the main reason this thread wasn't removed for being a bit too sophmoric.

But you are only the second person to ever actually finish one of these, so congrats on that for sure!

5 years ago

Whoa! That's true! I can't recall anyone actually finishing one of these. Mostly due to many of these games having no real structure or planning.

5 years ago

Awesome game, hope to see more of these.  Or as I have said a storygame with this kind of comic art in it.

My criticism is that some of the choices seemed redundant.  There was a lot of "throw the hammer" or where to throw it, or just go here or there.  The choices could have been a little stronger.

Which while it doesn't make for a story that is too complex, I do actually like the simplicity of it.  

My favorite part about this was that it seemed to have the perfect amount of planning and whimsy.  It didn't seem too bogged down by the plot being too thick or anything.  It has the feel of a story made just for the fun of it and that is honestly the best kind of story!  My second favorite part was the facial expressions of the characters, which seemed to be included into the comic in a way that didn't break the flow of the story too much.

5 years ago

Thanks!!!