Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Proofreading request

3 years ago

Hey there.

I asked Shadowdrake to do some proofreading for me and he was very helpful so far. Sadly he told me he would not be able to finish due to being busy lately. So I am asking here if someone would be willing to help me out. I am not very good at English grammar (since it is just my second language) and was hoping to find someone to help me.

If you are interested I would appreciate a reply here or a direct private message so we can get into contact. I will also provide you with the exact route Shadowdrake took so you wont have to do that part again.

Proofreading request

3 years ago
What's the game about?

Proofreading request

3 years ago

It basically is a short riddle solving game I made to test out a few scripts. I have packed it into a short dungeon adventure to give it a bit of story. Since it is my first Storygame I am sure it has quite some flaws, but I want to get some correct grammar before I publish it.

Proofreading request

3 years ago

I really hope this story got the help and attention. I'm starting to get more time, but probably am not in a great position to proof read. I had to move and don't have internet where I live yet, so everything is being done on my phone for awhile. This story is a decent little game though. I think I did roughly a quarter or a third of it? Anyway, this is a bump and me asking if someone finished proofing the rest.

Proofreading request

3 years ago
Did anyone end up volunteering? If not I would be happy to help ^_^

Proofreading request

3 years ago

AestheticLlama is already on it. But thanks for the offer.

Proofreading request

3 years ago

A bit unrelated but how can we send our story to somebody to proofread? I'm new here and currently working on a storygame, I think it will be useful for me since English is my second language as well and it is my first choose-your-own adventure attempt.

Proofreading request

3 years ago

I would make a post like this one. You can put your story in "sneak preview mode" which allows other people to read it. It's a check box you click when editing the story synopsis and title page. It's by the difficulty rating and stuff. Be sure to include a link to whoever is proofreading (or right in the post) so that people can click it to get to your story easily.

Proofreading request

3 years ago

Oh, it is already on "sneak preview mode", but it is too early for a potential proofread since I did start just 2 days ago. Thank you.

Proofreading request

3 years ago
Yeah, it's set that way by default when the story is created. That means anyone with the URL can access it. You can just make a thread in the Writing Workshop with a link when you're ready to start looking for someone.

Sometimes replies can be a bit slow with most of us working on our own projects in addition to school/work/whatever, but if it's just straightforward proofreading and not line by line edits needed then someone will generally step up.