Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
Commended by EndMaster on 2/22/2022 8:55:38 AM
It's well past when I sleep. Rational thought is on the decline. What better time than now to start a thread about drawings and utterly forget about it by morning! There's full-size versions and more on artstation, but here are some recent works:

I'm always trying new styles (except cartoons and anime, because the world has enough cat-eared people). But everything from retro to modern, messy to smooth texture styles, and filtered images are perfect. More collages will leak in like a slow poison as I randomly peddle out artwork here and there.

Aside from being told to start up a thread for this long ago, I'm also opening it to take requests on things to draw, because it's popular and integral to my plot for world domination. Don't worry about it. Suggest topics, suggest art styles, and I'll see if I can't secretly hire a starving third-worlder to draw it and pass it off as my own.

Anyway, that's my bit. Consider this both a place to request me to draw things and a place where I post things. If you want drawings for finished storygames, it's way more likely to happen since there's a good point to it. Signing off to let sleep take me.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago

You've been holding out on us.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
Hopefully posting here will help keep it all together instead of scattering it across discord like an easter egg hunt. But I'll keep posting over there too, since it wouldn't take many full-size pics for this thread to die from trying to load it all at once.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
I really like the frogie one and the ocean scene, which is somehow very surreal. The tree one also stands out to me, but has a strange uncanny valley effect maybe.

Cool stuff!

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
Thanks! I'll probably have more to post here soon. It's about 1-2 months at a time to create enough to post.

...and you and everyone else, feel free to ask for art. This is an art request thread too, because it's just fun to take on challenges and draw things people like.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
I have always enjoyed the Easter egg hunt, but this is nice too.

That one guy is still shielding his eyes in horror from the temple revealing its lady parts, I still can't unsee that. I think I missed the one with the path leading to the waterfall though, that one's really nice.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
Not sure if I said so before (because I do recognise some), but especially the high contrast shroomforest and soft birchforest ones are really cool and good.

Drawings From Night

2 years ago
The birch forest is a location in one of my games so I love that one extra much.

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Commended by EndMaster on 5/12/2022 9:43:47 AM

It's been a few months, so here's a few more drawings.

Some of the pictures on the bottom right aren't posted anywhere, so if you really want to know what a fucked up dolphin with human teeth looks like in full resolution, let me know.

And just like before, I'm still looking for drawing prompts, so give me some and I'll probably draw them. Obviously the best reason is for stories that have no cover art, but I'll take anything. Use it for whatever.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

could you make cover art for Your Fate Like Clockwork? It's not my work but I would like to see it done

Drawings From Night

one year ago
That one already has cover art so I don't really want to compete with it, but if I feel like drawing something from it when I get around to reading the story, I'll post it here.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Oh sorry. I couldn't see the cover art because it broke on my computer.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Oh and just because it's expected at this point:

Your artwork is way better than that no talent faggot Quiller's bullshit.

(Well it's still true anyway)

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Any praise is high praise from you, dude. Thanks!

Drawings From Night

one year ago

ANOTHER CHIBI HITLER!!! ^_^

Drawings From Night

one year ago
I'll get around to this after I finish some things. Maybe he can be handing out free "crystal knots" to people. Or it could be the scene where he signs the autograph in Indiana Jones, but chibi! The possibilities are endless.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

I can't believe I missed this thread. The art is brilliant! I like the 3d element and how everything is blended so well.

Only if you have the time and are still taking requests, it would be great if you could draw a clock/ hourglass/ time inspired planet, maybe with a silver oak on it. Feel free to take creative liberty and use any colours, design, etc if you attempt it.

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Thanks! I like the sound of this time-themed planet; I'll definitely make some time to draw something here.

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Commended by EndMaster on 5/26/2022 6:55:49 AM

I went with an hourglass-inspired planet, except more like a city that's inside the hourglass. And just for fun, the environment around it reflects the type of environment inside. I think it's among my best drawings in this style so far. Hope you like it!

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Fucking WOW! This is incredible! ^_^

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Thanks for the compliments! It's going to be hard to top this or the secrets of the craig since they're both at the height of my skill right now. A chibi hitler definitely won't be the one to beat them (unfortunately)

Drawings From Night

one year ago
But what happens to those poor houses when you turn the glass around

Drawings From Night

one year ago
The price of housing goes way up and someone makes a lot of money

Drawings From Night

one year ago
What a shitty world for us fellow workers

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Chibi Hitler beats everything. ^_^

Drawings From Night

one year ago

This is so spectacular! I really, really like all the details and texture of each element from the sand to the translucent glass to the wispy clouds. And the little city and the tree are so pretty! Now I feel like writing a whole new storygame that takes place in this hourglass. It's so mesmerizing.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Legend of the Crag supremacy!!!

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Secrets of the Crag supremacy!!!

It would be cool if it gets some cool cover art!!

Drawings From Night

one year ago
More than willing to draw this one, too.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Here's the finished version. It was a blast to draw! This is for @Darius_conwright to set as the cover art if it's good. I can do any kind of filter/edge effect/text style if you want anything changed, so let me know.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

I friggin love it! I myself am not that great at drawing environments, so this one looks so cool! I especially like the grass texture :). The font is also very nice. 

Haha, but it's up to Gryphon as the one and only author if it will be the cover art or not.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

@Gryphon

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Thanks. That font is a modified version of one I found online called Old Pine. Funnily enough, I realized I tagged you instead of Gryphon right as soon as I woke up. Maybe I was more tired than I thought yesterday.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

That is fucking gorgeous! Sorry, MHD. You're fired. Night is the new resident artist. ^_^

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Damn, that looks amazing!  Fantastic, thanks a ton for doing this!  I'll see if I can upload it.

EDIT:  Do you know if there's a way to get it onto the title page without compressing too much?  I tried uploading it to the site pictures, but even after using an online image compressor it was too big.  I could compress it more, but I'd hate to sacrifice the image quality

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Commended by mizal on 9/29/2022 5:09:39 AM

I've been doodling away. Many of these are wallpaper-sized space drawings, and mostly from this month. Thanks to everyone for compliments you gave before. Insert usual spiel about how I like to take drawing requests, especially if it gets used for a storygame.

Drawings From Night

one year ago
Damn Tony, I had absolutely no idea you were doing this. These are amazing. I'd have made a request for my new storygame, but already found a decent image. Perhaps in the future.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Where's my chibi Hitler?

Drawings From Night

one year ago
I sent it via carrier pigeon. It didn't arrive!? I was sure I got the right addressee, and who wouldn't know Briar Rose...ah. You've changed identities, no wonder.

Drawings From Night

one year ago

Truely amazing work