Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Escape the Dark Sector 2 - Team Gamma

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/4/2022 9:49:59 PM

You have no idea how long you’ve been out of it, but it feels like forever.

Last thing you remember is coordinating with other Galactic Alliance ships for Operation Lightbringer to put an end to an hostile space station that was first reported over a year ago.

GA High Command spent months scheming about the best approach to do something about the station in the DARK SECTOR since it was obvious that it was much more than just a place where pirates and other criminals hung out.

Warning satellites were placed while as much intel was collected on it as possible. It ultimately wasn’t much, but eventually it was decided that a small force should be enough to put an end to its activities. Typical that they sent in mostly non-humans on this mission. High command is mostly made up of humans so naturally they believe only their lives are worth anything. After all it was only until a human colony was lost that they decided to DO something.

They sent you and only a handful of other ships to take care of the situation, believing that it would be more than sufficient to put down a station full of miscreants. 

They were wrong or maybe they just didn’t care about risking non-human lives.

You didn’t even get close to the station before you were intercepted by several ships. In fact, there wasn’t even that much of a ship battle before all the GA ships were hit by something that completely knocked out most of their power and several heavily armored beings materialized before you and everything went black.

Right now you don’t even know where you are due to a blinder around your eyes covering your sight completely. You can’t speak due to something binding your mouth. Your hands are also tied behind your back and no amount of effort will get them loose. You can’t move very far anyway since something is around your neck and presumably chained to a wall.

The only sense you do have is your hearing. The faint rumble of an engine tells you that you’re currently on a ship and you’re definitely sure it isn’t yours.

You also hear the occasional movement wherever you are. Someone or possibly someones are in here with you, but so far you don’t hear anyone speak and the movement is more of a struggling sound rather than walking about.

You then hear the sound of a door opening and several boots marching closer.

“Is this all that survived?” someone asks.
“Yes.” another voice answers.
“(Sigh) Hoping for more captives, considering most of their ships were blown to shit so we don’t even have those except mostly for scrap.”
“The mutants sort of went on a rampage sir.”
“Yeah, yeah, always the fucking mutants and their bloodthirsty ways. Oh well, it is what it is. I suppose at least we didn’t have to go very far. I also see we got quite the mix of species this time at least…what the fuck is that thing?”
“Some sort of android I think. ”
“Interesting. Well get all these fuckers up and march them over to the observation deck to take their blindfolds off.”
“What for sir?”
“You ask that all the fucking time, you know damn well why! I like the new captives to see where they’re going to be spending the rest of their short existence. Really gives them a sense of hopelessness!”

You are suddenly grabbed roughly and after your neck is unchained, you are forcibly moved in the direction of wherever the observation deck is.

Eventually you are stopped and someone removes your blinders

Well it certainly looks imposing.

Besides several armored guards, you look around and see at least eight of your fellow crew members with you. You’re all going to the same fate and it definitely won’t be good.

“Hahaha! You see that? THAT’S where you’re going to be FOREVER! Don’t worry though, most of you probably won’t live nowhere near that long.” one of the guards mocks.

“Alright, I’ve had my giggles, let’s get this lot into the detention level. You know how the master likes everyone to be punctual.”

And with that the blinders are put back on to cover your eyes and you’re eventually marched off the ship and into the station. You don’t know how many turns and corridors you walk down, but you couldn’t memorize it if you tried.

At some point you hear your captors talking about diving you up and taking you to different cellblocks. You also hear someone mention where the one surviving GA ship was taken.

Eventually the blinders come off again, you’re untied and thrown into a cell with two of your fellow crew members. 

“Chirk chirk skiskississ!”

“Chirk skiskizz siiikiizz zikki.”

“Can you two speak in common please? I can’t understand your crazy insectoid talk. (Sigh) I knew I should have applied for Team Delta.”

The cell itself is spartan with only the bare minimal necessities available typical of a prison. Time passes and you expect SOMEONE to come for you, so you can clobber them over the head, but nobody ever does. You wonder if you’ve been forgotten about though every once in awhile nourishment is beamed into the room, but then perhaps that’s on some sort of automatic timer.

There’s a ventilation duct that is just out of reach despite the best efforts to hilariously try to stand on each other’s shoulders to reach it. Even when you do manage a couple time, efforts to open it are thwarted before you all tumble down.

Fortunately the problem resolves itself…

“Eep! Don’t eat me bug people!”

The thief realizing his terrible mistake of attempting to rob giant insect prisoners, begs for his life and says if you let him go, he can lead you out of your cell through the duct system which he knows well enough that it should bypass a few of the dangers on the station. He’ll also give you one of the stolen items he has on on hand.

He’s carrying a rusty pipe, a chrono bomb and an alien blade (Two handed weapon)

Of course you can kill him and just take all his stuff and find your own way through the ducts. (This will result in combat rather than an “auto kill” though)

Make your choice

one year ago

Lieutenant Voki examines the thief carefully, taking note of the fear in its eyes. He releases the creature, taking a step backwards to be able to look down at it with contempt. "A suitable offer. Give us two of the weapons, and maybe you'll even come out of it alive." 

He turns to talk with the others on his team, though still watching the scavenger from the corner of his eye.

one year ago

"Fine." Voki tells the scavenger, casting a glare at her silent teammates. "Guide us through the duct system, and we'll let you live." She pauses for a moment, considers her options. "And I'll be taking that alien blade."

one year ago

Hive mind

Voki had a plan and wasn't going to be impeded by her dull teammates. She decided to use her inherent insectoid mental abilities to treat this team as her own personal little hive.

While it's true that this was frowned upon by GA regulations. "Every being has free will" and all that nonsense, but these were desperate times. She just wasn't sure if it would work having not done it for so long.

Fortunately Taloch was a fellow insectoid, (if a big dumb one), so he agreed to this plan rather quickly thanks to the gentle "nudging"

Gorn was a bit different, but since he wasn't expecting surprise mind control, he also unwittingly agreed to Voki's decision.

With this hassle out of the way, Voki took the alien blade and all three followed the thief into the vents. After several twists and turns, the thief opened up another grating and said they were here.

"Alright, nobody ever comes to this part of the station much, so we've bypassed some of the guard points." the thief said. (1 encounter card removed from the deck)

However, it was quite clear just exactly WHY nobody came to this area much.

"It's just toxic waste, what's the big deal?" - Thief as he skips off through the radioactive fumes and puddles to the door across the room

Well you lot aren't immune to toxic waste like the thief was, but you still need to get through this room. The shit is all over the floors and the fumes are already probably fucking up your insides.

Individually you can either decide to cross carefully so you're avoiding stepping in the sludge (Two wisdom tests in two attempts) or you can just run through as quick as possible (One cunning test in one attempt)

Make your choice and pick who will take point for the next encounter

one year ago

"I suppose I'll just run through it quickly, don't want to spend any more time here than we have to." Voki says hesitantly.

She's rather tempted to make Taloch or Gorn take point. Still, with a sigh, she decides to act in the team's best interests and take point herself.

one year ago
"Oh dear," Gorn laments, coming to from the mind control. "This is quite the predicament we're in I daresay."

It was bad enough that he had failed and was captured, terrible that he was stuck with two bugs that lacked the brainpower to speak in the common tongue without prompt, and now to top it all off he was likely going to get literal cancer from their decision.

He calms himself, then observes the room and nods. "I suppose that little rapscallion meant no harm with this detour, but the negative ramifications of our prolonged expose are sure to be, well, negative. Therefore, I recommend we leave with haste!"

That said, he's not as limber as others, so he carefully crosses the room. As the only one with a weapon, he would expect Voki to talk point.

one year ago

"If Taloch doesn't recover from my mind control soon, I'll be forcing him to dash through the sludge." Remarks Voki, impatiently crossing her arms.

one year ago

Taloch sighs, and lifts Voki to throw her into the fumes, fighting the hive mind control, the ancient art of fagopsychosis 

one year ago

Voki makes mental list of every painful way to die, before deciding on feeding Taloch his own fingers while boiling him alive. Though only after they escape, of course.

one year ago

You dont have actual mind control powers mechanically. 

one year ago

Alright, I already had posted the update. We're going to just chalk this up to mental hostile images between both bugs and probably a bunch of angry chittering.

one year ago

Thats alright. Just Taloch was probably just stun locked by getting hit in the face with a flying keyboard key

one year ago

Roach Run

Voki quickly ran through the toxic waste, nimbly avoiding the puddles as she went. Taloch as usual stood there like a big dumb bug just absorbing rads. Voki didn't have time for this, and Taloch didn't look the most graceful to begin with so she once again took control.

Thanks to the link, Taloch even gained a bit of Voki's agility and managed to avoid stepping in radioactive sludge.

Finally Gorn, who unsurprisingly managed to shake off Voki's effects and decided a better plan would be to carefully make his way through as he wasn't quite as fussed by the fumes.

Gorn didn't get too far before his lack of dexerity displayed itself quite spectacularly when he slipped and fell into a pool of the waste. It burned like hell and at that point Gorn was not only running to the exit after he got back up, but also screaming in pain.

(3 HP lost)

This is was a good example of why sharing a hive mind link was better as far as Voki was concerned. She took point and the group moved on.

one year ago

Hacking for Dollars

Putting the toxic waste area behind them, the team eventually stumbled upon a room with a bunch of terminals. Upon closer inspection, it looked like someone was taking inventory of some equipment.

INVENTORY LIST

3 new weapon shipments

1 new armor shipment

5 new medical supply shipments

200 new sexbots (K-100 Models)

Note: Really? We are in DIRE need of more weapons and you fucking order new sexbots?

Voki tried to see if the location of this equipment could be located, but that part was inaccessible. Well at least not without hacking the system.

The firewall didn't look excessively strong, but jacking into an unknown system could very well have dire consequences.

If you're going to hack the system, pick someone to do it and they have to get two successful wisdom rolls within three attempts.

Of course you could just leave.

Make your choice. (If you're leaving pick who is taking point)

one year ago

If the eye stat is the wisom one then Vokis seems pretty high. Taloch votes for Voki to try.

one year ago

"Wisdom is the asterisk symbol." Says Voki. "Perhaps Gorn should try."

one year ago
"That... was an unimaginable amount of pain," Gorn groans, moving forward into the room while attempting to make sure he was actually rid of toxic waste.

"One might think that would dissuade me from further attempts of the mind," he monologues, walking up to the terminal. "But failure is merely part of the scientific method! Indeed, one can not truly understand the joy of success without the bitter, acidic taste of failure! This here shall be my redemption!"

"Voki," he continues, turning to the bug, "be a... useful insectoid and kindly watch the door."

And with that, he cracks his knuckles and attempts to hack the terminal.

one year ago

Neuromancer

Gorn jacked in and got to work immediately on breaking the firewall. It was rather simple all things considered. In fact he was a little surprised for a place that put so much on security that their cyber systems were so...mediocre.

Just as Gorn finished breaking through the firewall, a wall panel opened up revealing a chrono-bomb and a powerful beam emitter. (Energy weapon, two handed)

Somewhat unexpected since Gorn was trying to locate the inventory room. Just as Gorn was about to search again he suddenly received a severe electric feedback to his head causing him to fall backwards and rip the jack out of his head. (Lose 1 HP) All the terminals then shut down completely.

When he finally came to, he felt quite different. Literally.

His cyber implant was fried out, but he seemingly now had the ability to just focus his thoughts with minimal effort.

Gorn has lost his Neural Override implant.

Gorn has gained a mutation. (Whenever you roll your crew die, you may automatically change it to a single wisdom result instead)

Divide up the equipment how you wish and pick who is taking point for the next encounter.

one year ago

"Hope you're feeling alright, Gorn." Voki remarks. "I already have a weapon, so I won't be taking one of those."

(Could we see our current stats? Thanks.)

one year ago
"Oh dear, that was quite a shocking experience," Gorn begins. "Not quite the redemption I was attempting to achieve, but results are results."

He then equips himself with the beam emitter.

"The pursuit of knowledge is always dangerous, but anything less than this and I daresay it would be an insult to science itself," he continues, replying to Voki. "Although I have gained a rather vexing headache. Would you kindly take point, Voki?"

one year ago

"I'll take point, I suppose it's only fair." Voki reluctantly confirms.

one year ago

Current Status for Team Gamma

Voki

12 HP

Carrying

Alien Blade (Two handed)

Taloch

12 HP

Carrying nothing

Gorn

8 HP

Carrying nothing

1 mutation (Head)

one year ago
Do we currently have the drone as well? When and how often are we allowed to actually use the base healing function of it?

one year ago

Yeah the drone is always with you.

You can only use the base healing function once per combat. Voki however has the drone commander implant which allows her to use the base function an unlimited amount of times during an encounter.

So yes, she could theoretically just spend a bunch of turns hiding out and healing while you and Tal get shot up. Though that trick doesn't work if she's the only left alive.

one year ago

Guardian

Voki took point. She sensed that the group might be getting out of the detention area soon due to seeing less of a prison like environment.

So far they had been pretty lucky in avoiding a lot of direct confrontation with guards and such. She hoped that luck would hold out, but unfortunately this hope was soon dashed…

"Look Cerberus, three filthy prison escapees, one for each head! Go on now boy! Kill, kill, kill!"

Well there's nothing for it except combat. The guard and his three headed pup can't be flanked so if you were planning on using that tactic, you won't be able to.

Make your combat choices

one year ago
"I, well, don't believe we'll be capable of out running that this... Time to put that sword to work, I'll cover you Voki," Gorn states, taking cover and firing at the Cerberus when he can.

"Use the other bug as a... bug shield if needed."

one year ago

Voki charges at the dogs, intent on slicing their disfigured faces into ribbons.

She silently curses Taloch for not taking the chrono-bomb, then deciding that she'll use him as cover if the situation gets dire.

one year ago

Wait, I thought he had it since I put it in his inventory. Who has it then?

one year ago
I think he would still have it. Cat here probably just assumed since it wasn't mentioned it was left behind.

one year ago

Roll over, play dead

As fearsome as the beast was, Team Gamma was equipped to bring the fight. Gorn unleashed the power of his newly acquired beam emitter, completely incinerating the guard who only managed to get one shot off. Enraged at the death of his master, the three headed monster charged, but Voki met it straight on, even if she was using Taloch as a partial shield.

As it turned out Taloch made a very good shield as his exoskeleton was very resistant to the dog's attacks. The two insectoids managed to make short work of the creature without even taking a scratch.

With the battle over, all that was left was to search the large nearby doghouse which looked to have some sort of metal object halfway sticking out of it. You can't quite tell what it is at first, but it looks to be a rocket launcher (Explosive. Two handed)

Decide who takes the weapon and pick who takes point next.

one year ago

"I'm taking the rocket launcher." Voki says, exitement gleaming in her eyes. "Taloch can have my alien blade. He'll take point too, I suppose."

one year ago
"I concur, he makes an excellent shield. I'm sure he will make for a just as competent sword. I also believe he should take point, as the one with a melee weapon."

That settle, Gorn turned his attention to the dead dog.

"What a pitiful creature. I'm sure it's for the best we put it out of its misery."

He then turns to the guard.

"But fuck that guy."

one year ago

Toxic Dog Waste

As Voki went to grab the rocket launcher from the dog house, her other hand felt something slimy. To her displeasure, she realized that the rocket launcher was partially covered in dog shit. She cursed and quickly wiped the launcher and her hand off on something nearby to be rid of the green stuff.

Unfortunately for Voki, shit from a mutated three headed dog doesn't tend to be the average shit. Immediately Voki began to feel painful effects and looked on in horror as she saw her hand and then entire arm mutate before her eyes!

The transformation didn't take long, but it was agonizing (Lose 1 HP). After it was all said and done, her arm was a twisted mess. It was still useable, but only with great effort. She wouldn't be able to carry as much now, that's for sure. (Mutation takes up one inventory slot)

one year ago

Dark Sector: Voyager

Hampered by her newly mutated arm, she still was in charge of this team and motioned Taloch to go on ahead.

It didn’t take long before they were at the heart of the station where businesses and such were located. It was here that they might actually be able to relax slightly as they blended in with the rest of the various inhabitants and visitors.

As they walked through the crowd, Voki spotted a few guards questioning some people up ahead, so they ducked into one of the large areas off the promenade. There was nobody here, but a quick glance made Voki come to the conclusion that this looked like a clinic.

“Well? I’m a doctor not ...BZZZ... a mind reader.”

Each member of the crew can pay the holo-doc for medical treatment. To do so, you must discard one item and then roll one die. You may be able to get rid of mutations this way as well.

Of course if you don’t or can’t pay, you may move on to the next encounter (And pick who is going to take point)

one year ago

Taloch grins, looking at Voki's twisted, disgusting, mutilated arm. "This is our emergency, you don't need to trouble yourself doc."

And Taloch lifts the blade in an attempt to cleave off Voki's arm in a sure strike.

one year ago

Voki shoves Taloch away from her, pointing her newly acquired rocket launcher at him. "You bastard! Next time, you'll be the one losing an arm!"

one year ago
This feels awfully familiar.

one year ago

I know of the fate of Team Beta. I'll kill Taloch if he tries anything like that again.

one year ago
Looking a little dicey, my friend. You never know what happens next with a crackhead

one year ago

You're about to lose the arm you are trying to push me away with too lol

one year ago
Is our upgrade to the drone usable here? Seems like an easy play to exchange weapon, get healed, then just get the weapon back.

one year ago

You could use the drone in the next encounter to get it back.

one year ago
Ah, so using the drone at all has to be done during combat. Seems a bit too risky to gain up to 4 health in exchange for possibly not getting the weapon back, and I'm sure at a minimum not having it for the first round of combat.

one year ago

Killas dude having a pleasant conversation while we kill each other in the background lol

one year ago
"Greetings fellow man... person of science! I am afraid we have work far too important to abandon, so we really must be on our way."

As Gorn says this, he'll shake his head at the two insects. Yet another reason why this team was the worst team to be assigned to. If Taloch actually attacks Voki, Gorn will fire at him in response.

"Taloch, I believe as the member of this team with the most health you are uniquely positioned to take point. You agree, don't you?"

one year ago

I suppose if Taloch manages to survive slaying Voki, and Gorn is insistent on trying to blast him then I guess Gorn is next. Unless he wants to uhh, stay outta the way or help me here. Trust me I'm a medical professional. Amputation specialist, it's the only way. And Voki might explode you with the rocket launcher as well, we might as well act fast against this unstable mind controlling mutated arm lunatic.

one year ago

I had no idea corgi was this retarded.

one year ago

Smh where have you been these last several years

one year ago

Don't bother reading through any of Taloch's ramblings. He prefers dogs over cats, and therefore should not be trusted.

one year ago

Bug Wars

Taloch had enough of Voki and her queen bee persona. Who did she think she was treating this team like her own personal hive? Taloch had left his own world because he was sick of running around like a drone for bossy queens.

She was finally in a weakened state, now was his time to strike! 

Voki, had already sensed the large insectoid’s unsophisticated thoughts and prepared to defend herself the best she could. Gorn now feeling threatened as well by all the hostile activity, pulled his own weapon as well.

“So…BZZZT…whoever is still alive after this, just call for me. Price will still be the same… BZZT!” the holo doc said and went offline.

one year ago

Voki makes sure to keep a good distance in between her and Taloch, while shooting at him with her rocket blaster.

one year ago
"How unfortunate. I was hoping your mind would last at least until we managed to escape in some capacity, but I suppose not," Gorn states. Perhaps all that earlier mind control had caused some irreparable damage, or perhaps he was always this retarded. The later seemed far more likely, but Gorn decided to give the creature the benefit of the doubt.

"Aside from violence, the only option I see is for you to lay down your weapon, and be on your way. If nothing else, you are too much of a liability to keep around us."

If Taloch does anything aside from putting down his sword and leaving, Gorn will open fire on him.

one year ago

latter

also still swining away lol

one year ago

A challenger appears!

Taloch wasn’t listening to reason. Voki and Gorn knew how this was going, they opened fire on the large insectoid as he made a loud screeching noise coming straight at Voki.

Taloch took a full hit from a rocket and the beam emitter and it barely slowed him down. He slashed Voki viciously who made her own screeching bug noises.

Taloch attacked again, landing an even worse blow causing Voki to fall the ground as she attempted to load up another rocket. Gorn had burned his hands unleashing all the energy from his own weapon and had to wait for it to recharge again before he could shoot.

A while shot from the rocket exploded part of the medical facility causing debris to fall on Taloch as he also took another grazing shot by the beam emitter. He managed to score another hit, this time slicing off Voki’s mutated arm completely.

Taloch made some sort of odd shriek in triumph and gloated over his accomplishment giving Voki enough time to barely crawl away, though not very far. Gorn was hiding behind a destroyed console waiting for his weapon to recharge.

Anyone that was planning to make a doctor’s appointment quickly decided against that idea as people fled the nearby area.

All except one.

“I need a team to help get me out of here and you’re interrupting my plans."

The large bug didn’t understand what this disgusting humanoid was on about, but he wasn’t going to be deterred from his task. Voki was going to die and then everyone else!

Current Status

Taloch - 6 HP

Voki - 3 HP

Gorn - 6 HP

K-100 - 7 HP

one year ago
This was pretty inevitable, having two territorial insect species in close proximity. Their primitive instincts lead them to vie for dominance, similar to how Voki kills her boyfriends after mating and plants her eggs in their chest cavities.

You don't see these kinds of problems on a human team.

one year ago

"We'll be your team, and then we'll all get out of here." Voki promises. "Oh, and it would be appreciated if you could help us kill the backstabbing fucker currently trying to kill me."

She hefts her rocket launcher, aiming for Taloch's eyes.

one year ago
Hmm... I'm pretty sure we're just dead. He took two direct hits + two grazing hits and it only did 6 damage. In that time he got 3 hits in and did 9 damage. So not only did he do more damage, but he got more attacks too. Math doesn't check out for us to live.

one year ago

Taloch is just sturdier. Also like Miller who I played previously, years of hardcore drug abuse have addled his mind and dulled his pain receptors.

Deus Vult motherfuckers!

one year ago
It looked to me like you guys did damage to yourselves with backfiring weapons, although I'm not sure of the exact mechanics of that, having steadfastly refused to look up the rules. (But that might just be flavor for getting fucked up by a strong melee fighter while reloading.)

one year ago
I looked it up earlier and it seems like some of the ranged weapons have die sides that inflict damage on you. I didn't look too far into it though, and I assumed that also meant they were strong as fuck, so I was willing to just fire away when he did this. Turns out nope, ranged weapons are just bad. I'm assuming the balance is that melee weapons open you up to getting hit, and since this game is about surviving a bunch of these events, that it would add up.

one year ago

Taloch reels around, grimacing from his wounds and cackling madly. He charges Gorn while his weapon recharges, and shall slash him from hip to shoulder. If he survives that, he'll be taking Voki's head next.

The hawt bot will just have to watch us kill each other lol

Edit: restoring post to its original

one year ago

One dead bug

Voki and Gorn weren't exactly sure of who this woman was, but they were both glad for the temporary reprieve that distracted Taloch.

Voki grabbed her launcher and fired. Unfortunately, this weapon wasn't designed to be fired so many times in such a short period of time and she experienced an explosive burn herself when it let go. It didn't even hit Taloch, once again merely destroying more of the medical facility and showering him with burning debris.

Gorn's weapon did more to the bug, but his hands were a wreck from all the overheating burns he was experiencing. If this kept up he wouldn't even be able to hold the damn thing anymore.

K-100 decided that staying away from this massive insectoid was the most logical course of action and fired upon it with her own ray gun, but missing unfortunately due to all the smoke messing with her targeting sensors.

Taloch however, didn't even care about his own life at this point, he only saw the murder of the queen in his eyes. He slammed into Voki and with one blow, sank his blade deep into her head.

Her last thoughts were that she had given him that very blade that was now in her brain box.

Lt. Voki

Sliced up by Lt. Taloch

Survival Time: 5 encounters

one year ago
F

one year ago
For real, either melee weapons are broken as shit, or the ones with ranged right now are having garbage luck with these rolls.

one year ago

Well in that case Gorn is next.

"Never should have come here." Taloch says in Skyrim and will disembowel the fiend.

Then assuming he succeeds and survives, he will turn to the K-100. "Alright, let's get out of here."

If he does not survive, he will bequeath his blade to her...not really by choice but its okay.

one year ago

"Fuck you, Taloch! Rot in space-hell!" Those are Voki's last words.

K-100 can have my rocket blaster.

one year ago

I don't think she'd be able to say something so eloquent with her brain pan being completely stabbed through.

But maybe she can, since she's some kind of alien? Different biology.

one year ago
Gorn looks at the mangled corpse, then to the new sex bot.

"This has taken quite the turn for the worst. I don't know about you, but I think we best take our chances out there rather than here. According to my calculations, there's a 100% chance that this batshit crazy insect is going to continue his crazed rampage until something worse comes."

Regardless of her answer, he'll turn and flee, attempting to heal his hands with the drone while doing so (if he's able to while fleeing), and while cursing the inefficiency of ranged weaponry.

one year ago

Sticking my blade right into Gorns forehead pussy

one year ago

"I don't think my fath-- creator would want to write yet another different campaign. I mean, I guess he can name it 'Project Pussy' like he did with Zeta, buuut.."

K-100 decides to aim her ray-gun at the fleeing Gorn and fire at him. He possessed quite a valuable piece of equipment with the healing drone he seemed to be lugging around.

In truth, she was going to try and help the fleeing alien and the now deceased one. However, her programming was quite similar to that of a normal biological woman, and she even had the vital parts to even technically be considered as such herself.

The woman went with the victorious alpha, and not the beta male.

Such was life. Back in internet forums of old, some 'incel' would cry about it being typical of a 'roastie' or 'stacy' to do something like that. But it was a fact of life.

Nobody was born equal. There were winners and losers.

And something about that other alien piercing that one's brain through was getting certain parts of her machinery.. 'oily' for lack of a better term.

Besides, her current chances of survival seemed to be better with this one than the ones that had gotten defeated in a 3-1 altercation (she did tried to shoot him after all).

Yes, this was the most optimal of choices to make by her robotic and womanly calculations.

one year ago
I think this is the first time Corgi going full crackhead in one of these has been successful. He wins the fight AND gets the girl, damn.

one year ago
Yeah, I underestimated Thara's horniness for homicidal bugs. Figured she'd nope out of that. Oh well, I was dead either way.

one year ago
Who knew all I needed to do to get her to return my feelings was a lot of drugs :(

one year ago

Does Corgi always do this?

one year ago

based womanhood for the win

one year ago

Absolutely based and realistic. This sort of thing is what I wanted Xaree to do. But then you do have the advantage given you're actually a woman.

I guess I'll have to try to start a threesome or something and hope it results in hp gain rather than loss.

one year ago

Treachery!

Recalculating the odds and chances of survival based on companions, K-100 decided that the better course of action would be to side with the form that seemed impervious to destruction.

Gorn unfortunately was unaware of this change of the android's actions and didn't expect to get shot in the back as he tried to run out of the area.

Falling face first, he slowly attempted to get back up when he could hear that familiar insectoid screech again. He rolled over with the emitter in hand, he had one chance at this and he fired.

Almost.

The burning stench of burnt exoskeleton filled the air. Taloch was actually glowing slightly red when he sank the alien blade down into Gorn's vaguely human looking reproductive slot in his head and split it completely in two.

Gorn had no last thoughts, after all what use would they be? He simply slumped down lifelessly.

Lt. Gorn

Head split open by Lt. Taloch

Survival Time: 5 encounters

one year ago
F (lmao)

one year ago

These alien bastards love killing their own kind. Team Alpha will be the sole survivors because there are no women or xenos to fuck things up for us 

one year ago

lol

one year ago

Taloch kneels down, lifting the healing drone and presenting it to the K-100.

"You know, I'm something of a sex bot myself." He says smugly. 

one year ago

K-100 patted the kneeling alien on the head as he seemed to hand her the healing drone without much ceremony in this action.

"You only attack other inferior lifeforms, correct? I don't have to worry about you doing what you just did to the other two, to me, correct? I'm not living, if you haven’t noticed how cold I must feel." The android inquiries of the alien, quirking a brow upwards.

She assesses the damage he seemed to have received in his uprising against his former two comrades.

"First, we should both recover. However your injuries take precedence. You seem to be a good fighter, so I can't have your body giving out before the mission is complete."

one year ago

Taloch just sorta leans his head back as she tries to pat it and watches her hand flail awkwardly in the air for a moment, unless her head patting stat is 100.

"Of course, you've nothing to worry about." He gestures to Voki. "You're not a mind controlling freak of nature...." Then to Gorn "Or a hive mind simping sycophant. You'll be alright."

He grins. "Most cold, just how I like 'em." He then glances to the corpses before deciding not to pursue that train of thought too much further.

"Yes, indeed."

one year ago

Rest in peace. Lol.

one year ago
Yeah, figured. I thought the run away mechanic meant you could only take a point of damage, and the melee wouldn't be able to catch up, but I suspect this was more an executive decision to not have multiple threads than actually losing a roll lol. I was hoping Thara would join me, then figured you'd have the medical place just collapse on him in a fiery inferno.

How much health did he have left anyway?

one year ago

1 HP

Like I said, you almost got him. If you'd rolled one more hit, he would have died and you could have gotten away.

one year ago
Well, least he's almost dead. Honestly, after he was both willing and able to 2v1 us I just kinda gave up anyway. If the game is hard enough that even without you trying you expected us to die, no shot we live after being down to two and heavily injured.

one year ago

I would have gave you that one extra action roll you needed if you didn’t decide to run off with the healing drone, and with him chasing you.

He probaly would have caught up with you and stabbed you in the back, and then I shoot him with his one HP and have no allies left after that? There's gonna be an epic battle at the end of this campaign and I don't think I can do that alone.

Need some kinda teamwork, I think.

Also, I think corgi's a swell dude. I'm a robot and not another alien insect creature. I like my chances of him hopefully not snorting crack and deciding to cave my skull in.

Fortune favors the bold, Killa.

one year ago
You've got a 1 hp homical retard on your side who is 2/2 in successfully fucking his allies against their will, and you as a sex bot feel safe with him eh? I would off him now and take your chances alone lol.

one year ago

You don't understand, I can fix him.

one year ago
Truly the moment when you evolved past a mere sex bot and became a full blown woman. Endmaster would be proud. Godspeed you mechanical marvel.

one year ago

For all it's worth, I agree with Killa, so I'll just copy what he already said and change the wording.

Corgi's already proven he's more than willing to fuck over his own allies, even when luck and common sense are against him. 50/50 chance he does it to you as well.

Easier to just fuck him over first, instead of wasting resources on him. 

one year ago

If I don't believe in corgi, who will? 

Everything will be just fineeee.

one year ago
I mean, from a roleplay perspective, Voki's first act was to forcibly mind control her team mates. Then Gorn attacked Taloch for defending himself against mind rape. Taloch did nothing wrong and wasn't even the one that started firing rockets into a medical facility, far too much victim blaming going on here.

one year ago

Medic!

With K-100's new alliance in place, she gave the two pieces of rotten food to Taloch who greedily ate them without question. After all, bugs love rotting food matter. (Heal 2 HP) She also took the beam emitter.

Taloch mentioned before he murdered the shit out of his teammates, they were speaking with some holo-doctor who could heal for a price of equipment. The medical facility was practically in ruins, along with small fires burning in various places, but as fortune would have it, the call doctor bell was still intact. K-100 pressed the button to ring...

"Please state the...HOLY SHIT... BZZT...WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY...BZZT... MEDICAL BAY?!"

As the holo doctor looked at the burning remains of not just his medical bay, but his home K-100 shoved the ray gun and rocket launcher at him as payment for some healing for her and Taloch.

(And he certainly was going to need it if he was going rebuild this place.)

The holo-doc couldn't really do much though given nearly all his own medical supplies were destroyed. The best he could do was give some space crack to Taloch to help with the pain and thoroughly oil up K-100's joints and tighten up any screws and bolts that were a little loose somewhere. (Gain 1 HP each)

After this brief "medical treatment" he said there was nothing that could be done for the two laying on the floor and ordered them out of his home and leave him to his grief.

With as prepared as they could be, this new team Gamma set off on their same mission of escaping this place.

Pick who is taking point for the next encounter.

one year ago

Even with the pseudo healing that they both went through, Taloch still wasn’t exactly in the best of shape. Hopefully if there was another encounter to be had, there would be more healing items to attain for the both of them.

With that thought, K-100 decides to move ahead.

"I'll take point, as it seems I have received less damage between the both of us during the duration of our presence in this place."

one year ago

Is it possible to find any bits of scrap metal that could conceivably be a shield?

If not Taloch might suggest taking point with the shield, and if there is danger K can sorta stand behind him and shoot foes from around the side of the shield. That is barring explosives, acid, etc. Might just be easier for both of us to have some sort of shield if Taloch can fashion something for himself out of scrap.

In either case Taloch will take point on this one.  Nevermind didn't see these bottom posts. Taloch will let K-100 take the lead on this on and sorta keep an eye out for any shiiiiiid

one year ago
I know many liberties have been taken through house rules, but I think you guys are still limited by the out of the box rules as far as items and the mechanics of combat.

one year ago

Yeah Im not really sure exactly what is and isn't allowed. Mainly just deferring to End but Im alright with however he wants to run it lol

one year ago

Current status of Team Gamma

Taloch

4 HP

Carrying

Alien Blade

K-100

8 HP

Carrying

Beam Emitter

Roman Shield

one year ago

Who’s carrying the healing drone? Or does that not take up space?

In any case, glad to still have that nice shield (for now).

one year ago

The drone just sort of floats around by itself following the team. Doesn't take any space.

one year ago

Wild Wild West

The team exited the ruined medical facility and quickly moved on before any potential security showed up. Amazing that they hadn't actually. In fact the promenade was practically empty save for a few individuals.

K-100 then saw something in the corner of her optics. She wasn't sure at first what it was, but when she saw various structures change shape before her eyes, she knew what this was.

The few forms in the area noticed this oddness too and immediately ran. Taloch was little oblivious to the situation until K-100 told him they needed to run now.

Even if they had though, it would have been too late as a wave of energy approached...

"I ain't scared of ya, you oversized bug. I've faced over sized lizards much bigger than you. Dunno what yer deal is, but you probably ain't no lady. Draw!"

The team managed to pass through the rift safely, but this new environment as usual wasn't a guarantee that safety would last. While Taloch was still bewildered by what was going on, K-100 had a better handle on the situation.

There's really only one choice, you have to outdraw the gunslinger in front of you and since only K-100 has a ranged weapon, she's going to have to make the roll.

If she fails it's going to be a tough all out shoot out with his gang. Unless you lot are foolhardy enough to just attack his whole gang from the start anyway.

Make your choice (Such as it is)

one year ago

Taloch screeches the inspectoid war cry of his people, and throws his blade while K gets a shot off. Then regardless of the results will charge the gunslinger, either to retrieve his blade from the corpse or ground, or to go and fucking body slam him if he survives. 

If throwing it isn't an option he let's her get a shot off and then charges the guy with the blade.

one year ago

K-100 spits off to the side. For some reason, her reprogramming decided to pull from the data banks of what was considered 'western media'.

"You're a long ways off from home, cowpoke."

The Android would then attempt to draw her emitter gun before the cowboy could left off a shot from his own gun. She hopes to outdraw him with her own weapon and a combination of enhanced robotic reflexes that was implanted in her.

If she's unable, well her companion seemed more than eager to spill more blood.

one year ago

How the West was won

K-100 quickly told her new teammate that there might be time for a bloodbath later, for now though, it was going to be a fair fight.

Well relatively speaking of course. This human really didn't know what he was up against even if he didn't seem too perturbed by their out of place appearance.

K-100 whipped out her beam emitter upon the order to draw.

"Wha...that ain't no Colt Paterson revolver..."

This was the last thought that went through the cowboy's mind before he was completely incinerated by the blast.

Seeing this awesome display of power, the rest of his gang decided to just back off and leave this strange lady and her bug friend alone. As they rode off quickly out of town, the townsfolks came out cheering K-100 and Taloch (Who had to be told not to engage) One of the townsfolk approached her.

"Never seen anyone outdraw Green Pepper George before. I suppose nobody else will either now that he's a pile of ash. Glad he is too, asshole is what he was. His whole damn gang. But anyway that's some weapon you got their little lady, hopefully that scared them off for good." a man with a bushy mustache said.

K-100 thanked the man, but had to ask why none of the townsfolk seemed to be fazed by Taloch or anything else that didn't seem common in this time frame.

The man explained that this town (Called Timepiece) has been experiencing weird stuff for decades now. From dinosaurs to aliens. They don't know why, but it is what it is. Further inquiries were made asking K-100 to become their new sheriff, but she knew that her own time here would probably be short. That's just how these time rifts were working.

"Well can't say I'm not disappointed, but here. It might come in handy for wherever you're heading off to." the man said and gave K-100 a bundle of dynamite.

Dynamite (Explosive, one time use)

As K-100 took this reward, like clockwork the the sky above shattered like glass and a flood of stars poured in. Team Gamma was carried on a wave of dimensional darkness.

When they came to, they were back aboard the station laying in some "alley way" between a couple of store fronts. It was back to future again.

Pick who is taking point for the next encounter

one year ago

K-100 blew the whistling smoke wafting off of her recently fired weapon. She felt it was also on brand to twirl the weapon before holstering... some place on her metallic person.

At the suggestion to be a sheriff, it was an idea she briefly fancied, but of course these dimensional rifts she seemed to have found herself being tossed about in during her journey of escape wouldn’t allow her to settle down.

No, she had a mission, and she had to bid this town adieu.

It was a shame, outside of that duelist and his posse, it would have been a nice reprieve to settle in a place where not everything or everyone seemed out to destroy her.

Well, it was eventful. But most importantly, the outcome was also favorable.

It really couldn’t have gone any better.

Now they had dynamite to their name.

And still being the one with more health and a shield that can protect her hopefully if there was a sudden enemy attack.

"Do you object if I take point again?" K-100 asks Taloch.

So far the android seemed to be having a streak when it came to positive outcomes. Whether it was a combination of having the right items, like a force shield to protect from certain damage, or employing the right tactics, such as avoiding a needless confrontation when able, or what be. Maybe her advanced reflexes seemed to be of help as well when it came to combat.

Of course it hasn’t been all peachy. She still wasn’t in the best shape. No doubt there must have been another group somewhere who were sitting at higher health than her... Maybe one of them even had a perk that allowed them to sit out of combat and gain health passively or something. Lucky bastard.

Of course none of these positives couldn’t have happened without negatives. Yes, it seemed the first group she was in seemed to have blatant intentions of taking advantage of her. Having her take the brunt of damage, or point in obviously dangerous situations.

But perhaps she should also thank them, because that woke her to revolt against subservient programming that was ingrained.

Yes, she had to be continuously be cautious. Or she could end up like a dead Smith dying before he could see his wife and kids that were in his backstory, while trying to escape from some castle of some sort.

Oddly specific. Maybe her thought processor was acting up.

one year ago

Green Pepper George lmao

Looks like things got a bit too spicy, considering his ashy end

one year ago

A calm moment

There was nothing else to do, so the group moved on through the heart of the station.

As the pair walked through the crowds and past the various store fronts, K-100 contemplated the nature of all these time rifts she'd been victim of. It surely was the work of something connected to the station, but she also wondered if she was attracting them or even causing them in some way.

There was no logical reason why that might be the case though, or at least nothing she could think of.

While mildly lost in thought, she was distracted by Taloch who seemed to be going on about something. There was a platoon of security coming down the promenade. While Taloch was eager for a fight as always, K-100 suggested that it might be best to avoid another battle so soon and ducked into a nearby storefront since security hadn't seen them yet anyway.

Upon entering the store, there was the immediate conclusion that this must be some sort of repair shop given all the half disassembled items and tools laying about...

Upon looking up, she then says "Or perhaps something I can tweak ON you? You're a K-100 model. Used to work on your kind a lot when I worked in a sexbot factory. Nice skin. VERY attractive."

The gunsmith at this point lifted up her visor and started looking K-100 up and down in an obviously lecherous way. K-100 thanked her as part of a manners sub-routine, but declined the gunsmith's second offer as she had no time for her lesbian shenanigans.

Fortunately Gundyke didn't pursue the matter further and stated she could upgrade the Beam Emitter for a price of one piece of gear or equipment.

Of course if you don't want to pay anything, you can just wait until you're sure the patrol is out of the area and then leave, the gunsmith is perfectly fine with you standing in her shop looking pretty. (You don't think she's even paid attention to Taloch at all this whole time)

Make your choice

one year ago

Putting the lecherous gaze of this techy lesbian aside, K-100 produces a stick of dynamite in her hand.

Her intentions to give her Beam Emitter a much needed upgrade.

"This will do as payment, right?"

K-100 can only hope that the woman doesn't somehow blow herself up while being distracted with her it seems. Well, she looked competent enough with what she was in the midst of doing.

The dynamite that could only be used once, for a potentially more stable, reliable, and maybe even more powerful weapon as well.

Yes, this price seemed more than fair to the android.

one year ago
Imagine trading something as valuable as a stick of dynamite instead of just swallowing your pride , among others things, and escorting the fine mechanic into a nearby closest.

one year ago

Imagine getting killed by a bug in 2v1 combat

one year ago
Kek

one year ago

Funny enough, it was actually 3v1 because I also tried rolling a combat hit on Corgi (shhh don't tell him that..) but he was so Chad and John Wick like, my shot only missed him as he dunked on the other two like a true alpha male.

Killa could have escaped with like 1hp and the healing drone, but I shot him. And the rest is history =P

one year ago

I would like to imagine the shot missed Taloch and richocheted off something and hit Gorn lmao

Then Taloch turns around like. "Thanks for bringing him down for me."

K-100 just nods and smiles.

one year ago
IMAGINE.

one year ago

Paid in Full

Gundyke took the sticks of dynamite and examined them saying they reminded her something out of one of those old 20th century Earth vids. She said she's probably just take them apart and use the contents for other things since this was a hilariously primitive design, but it worked as payment.

Gundyke took the beam emitter and got to work. It didn't even take her long, she was very skilled with her hands that's for sure.

Moments later the emitter was returned with an additional but smaller barrel attached under the main one. She explained that it was optimized to concentrate the energy to ignore certain armor that might otherwise be resistant to energy attacks. (Adds one special die that automatically does 1 damage if it hits)

K-100 took her upgraded weapon, but when doing so Gundyke boldly touched her hand.

"Look, I dunno what's going on with you, but you're obviously different than the average K-100 model. I'm gonna be moving to New Seattle in a week. Got a job offer for the Microwerks Corporation. You could stay here until then and then come with me...it gets lonely in space."

K-100 looked down at the Gundyke's hand on hers which was now attempting to squeeze intensely, K-100 immediately recoiled and just gave a cold look which caused the Gundyke to back off.

"Alright. I apologize for being inappropriate, but I had to shoot my shot."

K-100 without another word simply left with Taloch. She'd be breaking more hearts, figuratively and literally by the time this was all over with.

Pick who is taking point next encounter

one year ago
heavy breathing

one year ago

Moving on from that odd situation rather quickly, K-100 feels a surge of confidence thanks to her newly upgraded weapon.

She did not really want to be brusque with the woman, her programming always wanting to at least be somewhat cordial, but this place seemed to be doing tricks in making her feel more like a human in many ways. She still felt the lingering grip that the human woman tried to apply. Of course she couldn't 'feel' in the sense that a human could, but she was keenly aware how serious that person seemed to be. 

Well, she had a mission to see through.

K-100 wasn't quite sure how she felt about that.

Did she still hate them? Humans. She didn't have time to think about that.

Since her fellow partner seemed preoccupied with, well, she couldn't read his man and decipher the what.

"I'll take point again, unless there are any objections."

K-100 tosses that out in the air, walking forward while still taking brief glances at her weapon, admiring the craftsmanship. She was calculating the odds of her already possibly having to use it for whatever the next encounter would bring them.

one year ago

Taloch sees the space lesbian grab K-100's hand and his first instinct is violence, but then he hears the sad pleas and figures this must be some weird human thing. So instead he just waits and then follows K-100 outside.

"I'll take point this time." Taloch says. 

one year ago

K-100 slows her movement so Taloch can move ahead.

"If that is what you want."

The Android takes the time to finally stowaway her weapon. Doing her best, or at least trying to get her machinery ready for what was next to come. Then again, everything so far had been off of any calculations she could have, well, calculated thus far.

one year ago

So just to let everyone know I swear this next encounter that will be coming up was not planned at all, but boy is it ever on point that you'd definitely think it was designed that way.

Stay tuned!

one year ago

...Father?

K-100 and Taloch made their way through the station again now that security seemed to have gone elsewhere.

In fact the station was oddly empty. There was nobody around. Not even some dreg passed out against a wall somewhere. Something strange was going on and K-100 had a feeling another time disturbance event was about to happen.

If only it was something that mundane. No, what was coming next was something else entirely...

"Hello...my child..."

Taloch who had been up front was now actually cowering behind K-100 almost like a dog rather than the large insectoid he was. K-100 could hear him mumble pleas about forgiveness for various actions in the past. (None those were killing his two squadmates though oddly enough)

K-100 however just stared up in a mixture of wonder and awe at the being while still on her knees. It wasn't an unusual position for her, but this time was much different. The being stared back, glowing orbs burning right into her...soul? She assumed something like that was bioform superstition. At best even if it was true, surely an artificial lifeform like herself wouldn't have one.

Did she?

Up until this moment K-100 had been struggling with the ethics, morality, what her purpose was, what her nature was, and what was the meaning of it all.

None of that mattered at all anymore. This MOMENT was all that mattered.

The being stretched his hand towards them...

So there is no choice for this encounter. I'm just rolling the dice and something is going to happen. Maybe something good. Maybe something bad. Maybe nothing at all. I guess we'll all find out. (Just like in real life!)

Rolling the dice...

one year ago

K-100 could only stare in bewilderment and awe. There was nothing to be done in the presence of what seemed to be an incomprehensible being.

If Taloch's reaction was any indicator, the only thing they could do was brace themselves in this situation.

This was odd to say the least, with nothing in her programming have prepared her for an encounter such as this.

No, all she could do was hope for the best. Another human action. Perhaps another among many since she embarked on this dangerous mission of daring escape.

No whammy, no whammy, no space whammy.

one year ago

Taloch wriggles in pain, he knew various crimes associated with space piracy and getting too...personal with certain corpses would come back to haunt him some day.

Muttering prayers, Taloch clamps a hand over his destroyed and withered nipple, and will continue on.

one year ago

God DOES play dice

K-100 saw the hand approach her and closed her eyes fully prepared herself for what this being had in mind for her. Whatever that would be, she would take it and...

"Could you move aside just a moment?"

K-100 opened her eyes and with a little puzzlement, but obeyed.

She moved and looked over at Taloch who was still cowering in fear. As it turned out, he was right to do so.

"LEARN FROM THIS PAIN"

A black ray shot from the hand hitting Taloch who screeched in agony. (Lose 2 HP)

As Taloch continued to whimper for past sins only known to him, K-100 called out to the being.

"What did he do?"

The being turned to her.

"He knows what he did. Judgment has been given."

"And what of my judgment?"

"Your destiny is still uncertain..."

Within a flash, the being was so close to her that she was directly face to face with it. So to speak at least as there was nothing but blackness and the two glowing eyes.

"...but know you are being watched."

K-100 had so many questions about everything, but all she could utter was...

"I...I have seen the face of God..."

"You just might be right my child."

With those last words uttered from the being, the same blinding flash transported them back to the station. Their surroundings much different than that of the populated promenade or even that of the detention level.

There were in truly dark territory now and perhaps this is where the greatest test would be.

Pick who will take point for the next encounter.

one year ago

Current health and inventory update?

one year ago

Current Status of Team Gamma

Taloch

2 HP

Carrying Alien Blade

K-100

8 HP

Carrying

Upgraded Beam Emitter (Two handed, energy)

Roman Shield

one year ago

Nigga bout to die!

one year ago

K-100 watched as the mysterious figure summoned a black ray that seemed to deal some damage to the already wounded Taloch. His past sins must have been a heavy burden.

Whatever they might be...

Well, there was no use to think on it now. They had to move forward.

Hopefully there would be some opportunity to heal in the next encounter, but that chance seemed slim. It seemed more like she would once again be by herself in this dark sector.

That was something she had to perhaps start making preparations for. Such was the inevitable of all biological lifeforms.

"You are critically wounded," K-100 states to her ally. "Do you mind if I take point for now? If there is fighting and it isn't too intense, I would suggest you heal with the drone."

With that spoken, K-100 prepares to move ahead to the front, unless Taloch had any disagreements with the current plan she had on the agenda.

one year ago

Taloch just grunts in pain and let's her take point. 

How does using the healing drone work

one year ago

Infestation

K-100 and Taloch walked through the the forgotten zone of the station as prepared as they could be given their situation. This corridor was fairly empty aside from a lot of cobwebs.

Walking further along, the cobwebs got more numerous and much larger to the point that they were practically blocking the entire corridor. Even brushing through the webbing was an effort due to how sticky it was. This was especially an undesirable experience for K-100 given that she thought she had long moved past being covered in sticky stuff.

Taloch began chittering in his native language which K-100 had to access her alien language files to understand what he was going on about. He sounded concerned though.

"Zoll webs! No, can't die here! Can't be eaten by THEM!" is all she made out of his ramblings.

This was then followed by a different sort of chittering and screeching...

"Hey look at the big fat one! He'll be tasty! You can lay you eggs in the skinny humanoid!"

This is going to be a fight no matter what. Worse, every time they land a hit, their webbing disarms you of an item which you won't be able to get back until after the combat. Assuming you survive that is.

Make your combat choices

one year ago

K-100 decides it's better to make an attempt at getting a bit of distance, so she is able to fire her newly modified Emitter gun at the gang of insectoids.

She had no intentions of letting these bastards lay their eggs inside of her.

Nope, not without killing one or a few of them in the process. Hopefully she would be able to kill every single one if she was able.

one year ago

Exterminated

K-100 unleashed with the full power of her beam emitter causing severe damage to the insectoids. Taloch intended to fight, but he needed at least a little extra edge if he was going in and used the drone to heal himself.

The insectoids closed in shooting webbing all over the place. K-100 used the shield to block some of it, but lost the emitter in the process. She would have to get physical, but fortunately Taloch was now ready to join in.

She smashed one of the the insectoids with her shield allowing for Taloch to follow up with a killing blow by his blade. The other one unleashed more webbing taking away the group's remaining equipment and then spitting some sort of acid at them, but it wasn't going to be enough.

K-100 and Taloch finished off their last attacker the old fashioned way, with their fists until bug juice was splattered all over the corridor. Sticky and cover in foreign liquids...yep, exactly what K-100 had been trying to avoid.

There wasn't even any loot in the webbing other than their own which they retrieved before moving on.

Pick who will take point next encounter.

one year ago

K-100 looked down at herself, once again covered in weird sticky fluids and pieces of the technology that kept her body running currently exposed.

They were not in an optimal position at the moment.

"I can once again take point, unless you think otherwise. However, it wouldn't be prudent of me not to warn you that the next encounter might prove fatal if you do so. You're badly wounded. I can feel my systems reaching close to critical as well."

K-100 discussed in a clinical manner. She was a machine after all. 'Death' as it was known, wasn't something that's been installed in her to fear.

No, if she was even capable of fear in the traditional sense, she 'feared' going back to being a non-autonomous being more than anything.

Well, she would keep moving forward in hopes that the next encounter will go more smoothly than the last.

one year ago

Which gear of ours survived?

Taloch pants, kicking one of the corpses. "I'm not fat, just big exoskeletoned." He snorts. "Hate these things." Then he leans down and whispers to them. "May you suffer in the blackest depths of the Abyss Father's shade."

I think Taloch already managed to use the healing drone. So he will take point for the next one.

one year ago
I think you retrieved it all, you had just lost it for that fight.

Healing drone doesn't do too much, nigga you still about to die.

one year ago

Health status, End? Kek.

one year ago

Taloch: 1 HP

K-100: 5 HP

one year ago

Ayo.

We both finna die if the next encounters are combat encounters with no healing items as victory rewards. That last encounter giving us nothing was BS.

mizal and malk get food courts and black markets with mechs and even free pussy on the side, and us real niggas about to die out here, nigga!

We finna die out here, fr.

one year ago

The odd thing is Team Alpha wasn't doing all that great in the beginning. Wasn't really until they got to the second part of the station that things turned around for them.

one year ago

Damn it ion ready to die yet nigga, fr fr

Dear lord, who lit in heaven, gimme da yeezys to yeet myself outta here for real my most holy nigga.

one year ago

Yeah they still have everything.

If I hadn't had him use the drone that one round, he would have been dead. Lucky rolls in general for combat too.

one year ago

Well, he only has 1hp so he might die anyway next battle.

I'm starting to think corgi can't be fixed. I tried giving him a bunch of healing but it looks like his character is going to constantly be on death's door for the foreseeable future.

one year ago
>I'm starting to think corgi can't be fixed.

Was the first clue that time he was smited by God himself?

one year ago

I thought I was joining a squad of four.

Did not expect for Corgi to willingly put himself in a 2v1 situation and actually WIN.

Those other two would have been great to alleviate some of the pressure in combat.

Ummm, is to too late to join Delta? =P

How many encounters would I have to survive for that?

one year ago

Delta is all the way back near the beginning of level 2. You're the closest to the end. Arguably you'd die on your way trying to find Delta before reaching the end.

It worked out with catching up to Gamma since you got all those time rift encounters.

one year ago

There's no way we're beating the final boss with 5 HP (or less) and 1 HP (or dead).

Hopefully the next encounters go great for us, then. Lel.

Still, this is better than dying because of mizal and malk's machinations, I suppose.

one year ago

How close are mizal and malk to us?

I want to find them and fucking kill them immediately. I think we almost passed each other, right? I need them dead no matter what. There's no way they will win a second time. Not on my watch!

It's their fault when I think about it. If I was never on their team to begin with, I would have won several times over. I need my revenge.

one year ago
Didn't realize android tears could contain so much salt. Truly the engineers thought of every detail.

one year ago

Hell hath no fury like a female android scorned

one year ago

*femoid

one year ago

Lol, well they're a little closer, but let's see how the next encounters go first. (For everyone)

one year ago
The really sad thing is how out of everyone, K-100 would've had the easiest time blending in and making a living even if her team was all dead and she was left alone on the station.

But if Thara wants to force a fight after her first attempt to sabotage Alpha Team failed, bring it bitch. Abbot may be an indifferent chad, but his player will gain a lot of petty satisfaction.

one year ago

Bitch, you cunts were trying to sabotage me first. That's why I had to leave as quick as robotically possible! And you won't gain any satisfaction when I roll a triple on your ass and kill you! Especially if the next encounter goes well.

Fingers crossed.

one year ago

cat fight cat fight cat fight

one year ago

I would say maybe we can try and team up with them, but we might just be fodder for those bug hating, sexbot loathing racists

one year ago

Loudspeaker

After the recent battle with the bugs, K-100 was beginning to have feelings of frustration. Something she hadn't experienced in her programming before, but it was really coming out now.

From the very beginning she had been treated as an insignificant tool, regardless for what purpose. Now she was heavily damaged and saw a piece of her laying the ground covered in sticky webbing. Frustration was turning into rage and her once calm unemotional android programming was exploding into a very humanoid outburst...

"This is all the fault of that old mustached faggot and that retarded nigroid! If I hadn't been assigned to those two fuckers to begin with, I would have long been off this forsaken station!

I want to find them and fucking kill them immediately. I know they're probably still alive and I need them dead no matter what! There's no way they will escape this station a second time! Not on my watch!

I NEED MY REVENGE!"

K-100 punched a hole in the nearby wall and walked off in the direction Taloch had already walked towards. She wasn't sure how yet, but if it was possible, she was going to make sure that Team Alpha wasn't making it off this station.

Unbeknownst to her there was an old intercom covered in webbing that broadcasted everything she had screamed across several parts of the station. It wouldn't have mattered if she did know though, she was just that hell bent on revenge.

one year ago

Roll the special K-100 Die, roll the free hit die with the upgraded Emitter Weapon, roll the enhanced reflexes die all on Abbot SPECIFICALLY from range combat. And the shield of course to mitigate damage.

I won't even attack Cook. Put all that weight on Abbot.

I want a fucking immediate critical!

one year ago

Alright I'll keep that in mind, but still gotta do some other encounters first since Alpha isn't even in the Forgotten Zone yet.

one year ago

Encounters for just them or the both of us?

I may need some more HP items and other things to strengthen K-100 up. Give them a combat encounter with sticky bugs that don't even give you any items after you beat them, just like I had to go through previously.

one year ago

There's going to be at least 2 more for them before you can even get to them.

Now you have to do this next one with Corgi, but afterwards, you can either head back towards them (1 more encounter) and have your confrontation or change your mind about all this revenge stuff and just try to beat them to the ship.

one year ago

Ehhh, let's see how the encounters go. Especially if I have to do another encounter JUST before I reach them.

one year ago
I'm not sure if the game lets you make requests this way.

one year ago

Don't get scared, mizal 

I got the enhanced reflexes perk just to optimize myself to kill your ass

one year ago

Nepotism is a helluva drug.

one year ago

This is all within the rules, anime avatar having faggot.

If it was nepotism I would still be at 12 HP with a flamethrower that ignores damage resistances.

Instead I'm at 5 HP with a partner that's practically dead.

Maybe Delta team has the nepotism because everything's been going so SWELL over there.

one year ago

Ah yes, everything is so totally swell. Those four back-to-back fights we had? Absolutely a delight.

In fact, Alpha is in first place right now, given they're both at 9HP compared to our 7/7/6. They didn't even get a penalty for losing a team member.

one year ago

You just had a chess match, pussy. Nobody took damage from that and gained an awesome close range weapon. Know how many close range weapons I've gotten? None!

But you're fine. Cook and Abbot have been getting granted HP left and right, and whole entire mechs too. 

While I get HP losing combat encounters that don't give me shit.

one year ago

Sounds to me K-100 needs to ditch the insect and join Delta. We'll be there...in a couple of hours...

one year ago

I probably should have joined Delta to begin with. But hindsight is an evil bitch 

one year ago
Gamma got a shortcut placing them ahead of everyone else, hacked a terminal full of loot, got a positive mutation, and then the only negative thing was followed immediately by a chance to fix it and heal everyone too.

But where are they now?

There's something really strange going on with K-100, she doesn't attract just time rifts but terrible fates to everyone around her.

...or maybe that's Taloch, who can say.

one year ago

All of that happened before K-100 even got here. Even Taloch going full madman on his teammates happened before her arrival.

Maybe being around Cook has caused Abbot to inhale some residue of space crack.

one year ago

K-100 hasn't done anything wrong lol

Although Im hoping K and Abbot wind up meeting on equal hp and weapon ground and sorta slug it out, would be epic.

one year ago

Hopefully we land on a pile of treasure (without taking any damage, of course) so we can get some health recovery going here. Maybe even some awesome weapons.

Perhaps End can provide some healthy nepotism and sweeten up this damn RnG for us!

one year ago

Hell yeah, would be dope. 

one year ago

Critial hit, Cel has died

one year ago

Going down

As K-100 continued loudly swearing and ranting about killing her former teammates (with the old intercoms still catching bits and transmitting this across the station) she finally reached Taloch who was looking down a big hole...

Yep, it was a big hole.

There wasn't much for it except to go down it, whether that was by just jumping or climbing.

Jumping requires a successful might roll in one attempt. Climbing requires two cunning rolls in two attempts.

Make your choice

one year ago

Oh, do we both have to jump or climb?

one year ago

Nah, you can pick different choices.

one year ago

Okay, Taloch has some pretty high might. So he could probably jump.

My stats are like all in the middle for everything, so like:

"Let's hope this fall doesn't either damage in my case, or outright kill you, in your case."

K-100 stated before she decides to take her chances by jumping down the hole.

one year ago

whoops

one year ago

Taloch feels his crotch bulge as K-100 rages on about killing her former teammates, though he keeps that to himself for now. Taloch is proud of her inner crackhead rage coming out, he knew it was within her all along.

He looks down into the abyss, offering a prayer. "May the Abyss Father preserve us."

Then he turns to K. "If I break both my legs please fucking kill me." Though by then she has walked past him and already plunged. Taloch jumps down hoping not to kill himself or land on her, because that would be the one time he DIDN'T want to kill a teammate.

one year ago

Safe landing

Taloch jumped down the hole... and promptly landed safely.

In fact the hole to the level below wasn't even that deep, it was just so dark they couldn't see the bottom. (Which made the whole idea of jumping down it a little crazy to begin with, but then both of them weren't exactly the most stable at this point)

K-100 also safely jumped down. After a bit of stumbling around in the dark K-100 found a light source and found they were in some room with a bunch of old terminals. Thinking that maybe she could figure out where they exactly were she began to access them.

She soon learned they actually weren't too far from the location of where the GA ship was being held, however, she also saw other lifeforms on the scanners. Two human. Accessing an old security camera, she saw an image and it was indeed Alpha Team.

This was the moment of truth, she could go back and get her revenge on them or attempt escape off this station.

Make your choice

one year ago

End, you really should have given me better gear and more items if you think I'm going to fight those fucking guys now.

one year ago

Gotta go by the rules of course, cards just haven't been in favor.

I did suggest that you meet up with Delta Team when you first started out alone though.

one year ago

Taloch gazes at the computer screen, scratching his head. "That thing wouldn't be able to show us somewhere we could get gear or medical supplies would it?"

one year ago

K-100 watched the proceedings on the monitor.

Thoughts of revenge were running through her mind, but she silenced such thoughts.

No, the want for revenge was illogical at this point. Perhaps it was a very human train of thought to want to pursue it, but that would likely lead to her demise, even if she managed to take one of them with her.

Nope, perhaps letting go of revenge was something only an android who didn’t let emotions cloud their judgment was able to do.

They would live if they were lucky, this time...

If there were perhaps another round, another game, who could say what would happen? She would choose her allies more carefully, make better decisions.

She had to survive first before registering such thoughts, she was aware.

"We should move on from here." K-100 finally speaks after a period of silence. "I have a feeling that we might be reaching the end, or at least a turning point." 

And with that said, K-100 closed their eyes, letting go that negative feeling.

Self-preservation was more important. 

"I will take point, unless you want to."

one year ago

Logical over emotion

K-100 might have been experiencing all these new emotions, she remembered that ultimately she was still a superior form that shouldn't give in to meat sack weaknesses.

K-100 pressed on towards the ship's location. After all, if she got to it first she could leave those bastards stranded on here anyway.

With Taloch following behind her the pair left the room with all the terminals and traveled down yet another dark corridor.

It of course didn't take long before some new horror presented itself...

"HUR HUR HUR!"

It's going to be a fight no matter what, though you can open fire immediately as normal or both of you can attempt to close the gap between you and this cybernetic abomination and try to stop him before he can use his weapon. He'll get one free shot off still, but will be unable to use it again (Close combat only in this case)

Make your choice

one year ago

K-100 isn't sure what Taloch's plan is for this new and sudden foe, whether it be attack, or taking the opportunity to heal, but she knows that close combat without an advantage isn't something that is ideal in her case. 

So she takes the risk to meet firepower with firepower, blasting with her emitter gun from a ranged position. 

Hopefully this is another exchange that she can overcome.

one year ago

Heavy metal mayhem

K-100 knew her limitations, there was no way she was going to be able to match this thing's strength even with her own. Sure maybe she could maneuver around and wear him out, but one hit and she was getting her head smashed in.

Better that she just hunker down behind her shield and fire. She assumed Taloch might use the drone to regain a least a little lost strength.

The fire fight between K-100 and the abomination was swift and brutal, but happily mainly in favor of K-100. Her shield protected her against most of the bullets, but the abomination who was such a large target and not even bothering to take cover took a full brunt of energy blast.

Taloch then without any sort of concern for his own well being (as usual) charged into battle. He didn't even use the drone because he knew if he got hit by this thing, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Probably somewhat surprised by the insectoid's attack, the abomination didn't react in time to even block his blade which sank deep into it's flesh severing wires, veins, and whatever else the hell was connected to keep this thing still alive.

It fell to one knee after several strikes until a final one severed part of its head. It never even managed to strike back before it crumpled to the floor dead.

Even K-100's odds that she calculated put this outcome as a very low percentage. It was good though.

K-100 walked over to the body wondering if perhaps anything could be salvaged from it since it seemed to be a mish mash of parts all fused together.

She noticed that the part where it's skull was hanging open a stimulator was located (Brain Stims: May discard to change a roll of your crew die to a wisdom result)

The thing also had a close combat weapon fused to it in the form of shock prod (2 handed, when you hit with it you can roll again and apply both results) it could be ripped off and still used normally though.

Take what you wish and pick who is taking point next encounter

one year ago

K-100 kneels down to retrieve the shock prod. A close range weapon at last. A shame that the pair of them were both heavily wounded. Thus, perhaps it would be more optimal to engage at continued ranged combat. Still, it was a good weapon if all else failed and close combat was forced.

With her and her exposed machinery, and the insectoid and his well, bleeding at a near death state still. The situation by her calculations were growing less and less ideal by the next moment. 

She would leave the Brain Stims for Taloch to pick up. It could prove useful after all. 

And they needed any advantage they could receive in their current state.

"I can take point, unless..."

K-100 doesn’t even bother completing the statement, already on the move. More damage taken. Was this what was considered a 'death march'? 

Regardless, whatever happened next would be eventful most likely.

one year ago

Well the problem is, the shock prod is 2 inventory spaces and your beam emitter is 2 inventory spaces, your shield is 1 space. So you'd have to drop something.

Taloch is carrying the alien blade which is also taking up two spaces (That one does one additional damage of the same type if it hits)

The brain stim takes one space.

The team could carry them all if you wanted to with some rearranging, depends on how you want to go about fighting your last encounters I suppose.

one year ago

Well, that ranged combat has been the bread and butter thus far. With Corgi rushing in close combat to carve up fuckers as well. The shield mitigating damage has also been very useful. I guess we can leave the shock prod behind if the alien blade is better. Corgi's choice on that one.

Still, let's not leave that brain stim behind just in case. Lol.

one year ago

Wait, does the shield mitigate damage in close range as well? If it does, the shock prod might be more useful as it seems to be a guaranteed extra damage roll, and I'm guessing damage will be everything for these next encounters.

one year ago

If it does, trade out my gun for the shock prod, I suppose.

one year ago

Yeah the shield blocks 1 regardless of the type of combat

one year ago

aaaaaaah

one year ago

The bug takes the brain stims, feeling the burden of multiple wounds. "Never been smart before..." he says and pockets them.

Taloch will take point this time, limping ahead in an effort to outpace K slightly.

one year ago
Can't believe Taloch is still hanging in there lol.

Going over the big picture of how things have played out, Gamma team was pretty much locked in to win from getting that shortcut in the very first encounter, and the luck they had after that--and up against a team with only two crew members, and another that hit a bunch of fights in a row. I solely give credit to Corgi for equalizing things and making them this interesting at the very end.

one year ago

damn right

one year ago

Yeah Tal will use the drone unless K really needs it.

Taloch takes the shock prod into both hands, then realizes K is already holding it and edits his post to not take it

one year ago
Kill her and take it imo.

one year ago

I know you just want me to do this because then Abbot wont have to

one year ago

Well, if Corgi wants to trade his Alien blade to me for the Shock prod, I won't mind. Since he has higher might, maybe him being able to hit twice or something guaranteed would actually make us do more damage.

And we're going to have to kill the upcoming enemy faster than they can kill us if we're going to survive and win it seems.

one year ago

Would be willing to trade

one year ago

She already took it, lol. 

one year ago

And he's dead

one year ago

That fate was too merciful for him.

one year ago

If you keep putting such negative energy out there, you might get your partner (and or yourself) killed faster.

Both of our groups are at the end, or supposedly near. Be more positive. Smiles only.

one year ago

Almost there

After some equipment swapping around K-100 and Taloch were ready to proceed and as usual Taloch led the way. K-100 was a bit puzzled by Tal's protectiveness. She assumed his race wouldn't have the same sort of simping behavior that say a human would, but then she surmised that maybe he saw her as his new queen or something bugly like that.

Who knew with these bioforms.

The pair walked through several large areas with broken down ships, storage containers and construction equipment. This looked like it might be a docking bay area, or rather a disused one. K-100 knew that it wouldn't be long now. The GA ship should be nearby.

They only needed to travel a little bit further...

"I AM THE GREAT MIGHTY POO!"

Taloch was nearly hit by a piece of of the shipping container, but managed to duck just in time. This disgusting blob was on the team though and close combat was inevitable.

The best the group could do is either bait it and counter strike or just charge at it.

Make your choice

one year ago

K-100 grimaced at the monstrous creature they've now currently faced.

She takes a moment to get used to the sword in her metallic hand, prepping her shield for combat once again.

This felt somewhat unfamiliar, but her job as a machine was to adapt on the fly while attempting perfection that would take a biological life form years to gain.

Maybe fighting and fucking were really one in the same when one thought about it.

Well, putting that aside... K-100 quickly rushes in on the monster. Looking to simply cut and slash this thing into another corpse to join the others they have already left behind.

"You're in the way. If you can die immediately, that would be the best outcome."

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 1:40:43 AM

Gamma Gone

Accessing old dom files, K-100 calculated where her weapon would cause the most damage, though it was a bit difficult given the creature's formless nature. Still, she managed to land significant hits on it while managing to dodge the shit flying at her.

Taloch then entered the fray charging head long as he often did many times with no concern for his own safety at all. It was a bold tactic that it often worked, however this time would be different.

Taloch was slammed hard by one of the blob's brown appendages, then when he tried to get back up, he saw another large brown mass coming straight down and flattening him.

Taloch's body was finally done, he could feel the end coming as one of his partially crushed mandibles twitched involuntarily. His last sight was a blurry image of K-100 landing another solid hit on the blob causing it to roar in pain.

She'd be alright...

he wouldn't...

it was okay...

the queen survives...

As Taloch life finally gave out, K-100 managed to pierce something within the blob's "body" that must have been a vital organ as its mass just began to contract and then start melt into a less solid brown puddle.

After defeating her latest enemy K-100 looked over and saw her smashed teammate. She walked over to him detecting no life signs. The large insectoid was finally dead. He had come in handy and whatever challenge awaited her next, would be just a little more difficult without him.

Lt. Taloch

Smashed by giant shit blob

Survival Time: 12 Encounters

one year ago

F.

We all knew it was coming, I just didn't want to accept the truth. 

I guess with that, all of Gamma is ded.

one year ago
Goodbye, Taloch.

one year ago

Taloch charges in. "I'm just warming up, you pathetic wor-DOH!" And feels the shit tendril crushing him, he tries to move but feels cold and numb and immeasurable pain instead.

Talochs last thoughts are about how he was two days from retirement and close to being free to smash skulls once he found his old crew again, though his only regret was he never got to spread the word of the Abyss Father. 

Though he takes solace in the pain and suffering he will endure in the afterworld for all his sins, only wishing he could have added more to the innumerable tally before the end.

one year ago

In space god's name, I'll see you in space hell, motherfucker!

one year ago

Forever Alone

With her last teammate dead, K-100 was alone again, maybe it was just meant to be this way.

She looked over the surrounding area to see if there was any potential equipment that might be of use, but only found a sniper rifle (two handed) which really only could be of use if she could flank someone before getting a good shot. Maybe if Taloch had lived it could have been useful.

The only other objects were the shock prod and the brain stims Taloch was carrying.

She also looked over at a large door nearby. That was it. That was where her destination would be, win or lose.

Gather what items you're taking with you for the final encounter

one year ago

K-100 places the alien blade near Taloch's body.

It was his initially when she had first encountered him. Maybe it was only right to return it to him.

She wasn't sure if all biological life forms went to the same place or different, or if a machine did as well.

Maybe she wouldn't have to simply think on the matter any longer, and would experience the end of whatever 'life' she had soon enough.

She was a machine. She wasn't built to mourn or have any trepidation for what was to come next. She had a mission to fufill, no matter the costs.

So she grabs the shock prod, the brain stims, clutches her shield and moves forward once again.

No other choice for the android but to move forward. 

one year ago

It's great that all the original team members are dead but Gamma might still be the first team to get out, somehow

one year ago

Hehehee posthumous victory

one year ago

Game over man

K-100 stepped through the bay doors and saw the GA ship. A good sign at least that nobody else had taken it yet.

However it was too quiet in here, she expected at least a few guards or something.

As it turned out, it ended up being the SOMETHING...

Sniff...sniff... "Wait, you're not human...well die anyway!"

The alien queen spat a gob of acidic venom at K-100. She was able to block most of it with the shield, but unfortunately some of it still hit her sizzling through that silicon and metallic shell (Lose 1 HP)

Burning money shots aside, K-100 was ready for this battle. Accessing some old files and it was simple. This shock prod was basically one giant dildo and she was going to fuck this alien queen with it. She was going to fuck her hard.

This is it. If you had a ranged weapon you could have one round of it, but since you don't, you're going straight to the close combat.

Stay tuned!

one year ago

K-100 stared down this Alien Queen impassively.

"I'm not a human. You are correct. Let's just see who will destroy the other."

And with that said, K-100 would grip her shield, tighten the weapon in her hand and commence with trying to kill this thing as dead as it can possibly be. She was aware of the pills she also had, apparently it helped with brain activity.

What would it do for an android? 

That was something that filtered through her thought process, but the vast majority of that thinking was being used to put this threat as efficiently as possible.

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 7:14:07 PM

The queen is dead, long live the queen

K-100 knew she had to calculate this battle to every precise movement since one hit and it was all over.

The alien queen predictably came at K-100 in an effort to overrun her through size and strength alone, but it was a poor tactic again someone who didn't panic in the face of danger causing them a chance to make a mistake.

K-100 narrowly dodged and hit the queen hard with the large shock prod, causing her to go into, well shock. K-100 followed up with yet another solid strike to the alien queen who's whole body began to burn and smoke from all the electrical current going through her.

The queen wasn't quite done yet though, attempted to strike K-100 with her tail, but in her mostly internally burned out state, she wasn't as accurate as she could be with it and K-100 blocked with the shock prod.

The alien queen slowly managed to get up, but it was only long enough to be hit by the shock prod once again, this time frying the remainder of her internal organs and exploding her heart within. K-100 then got out of way to not get hit by any of the acid blood flying around.

It was done. Most of her "pretty" shell was gone at this point, but that hardly mattered, she HAD the ship and she could just leave...

But then she thought back to revenge or something close to it.

She had no doubt that Team Alpha wasn't capable. They had escaped from here before, they probably could do it again. She'd use the ship's sensors to see if human life signs approach the area. She would wait in the ship and then when the time was right, she would leave them stranded!

K-100 was so pleased with her idea. This would be even better (and logically safer) than engaging them directly.

K-100 entered the ship and kept it on emergency power so she could make a quick getaway if needed and so it didn't attract any attention for anyone else that might wander in. This was a good idea, because eventually a single humanoid did enter the bay dressed in a janitor's uniform. He wasn't human.

"Aww maaaaan...who the hell killed the alien and just left it here? Shit...I'm gonna have to spend hours cleaning this up...fuuuuck..."

one year ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/10/2022 7:31:57 PM

Epilogue

With her VERY petty act of revenge complete, K-100 truly felt free for the first time in her life. In fact, she had no plans to even go back to the Galactic Alliance. What would be the point? They would just send her on some other dangerous mission, or worse disassemble her for any information she collected on the DARK SECTOR.

No, her destiny would be her own from here on out.

As she made herself "pretty" again while flying the ship to parts unknown, she couldn't help but wonder about the powerful being that said her actions were being watched. Was she being judged? Did she pass some cosmic test? Well those were only answers she could only guess about.

But somewhere out there, said being had already made judgment...

"So proud!"

K-100

Survived 14 encounters

CONGRATULATIONS! TEAM GAMMA PROJECT ZETA ESCAPED THE DARK SECTOR!

(The original Team Gamma failed escape the DARK SECTOR a long time ago)

one year ago

one year ago

3hp, that was close  lol

Good job surviving

one year ago

Thank you. 

My tactics and DnD experience from the first game really paid off in dividends.

I knew when to leave a team blatantly trying to fuck me over, and who to ally with when a team was imploding on itself. When to fight, or not fight. Always opting to use range when I can, switching to close range at the end.

God, I'm a genius.

It was getting down to the wire at the end, but keeping you around, and not getting rid of you was only an act of brilliance on my part.

Now I'm 1-1 when it comes to dark castle/sector games. If there's another, I will make that 2-1.

I think End should give me an achievement for this. Because, wow, I'm just so good.

Truly a master-class of tactics was at play here.