Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Help me write an amazing Warriors Cats story!

8 years ago

I've noticed that almost none of the interactive stories about the Warriors cats series are really in-depth or have that many path choices. Being an older fan myself, I would really like to make one. But to do that, I'm going to need ideas..lots of them.

So please, if you have a good idea for a plot, or want to have a cat of yours in the story, don't be afraid to speak your mind. I'm open to just about anything.

~xXSnufflesXx

8 years ago

Hi Snuffles! ^^

Glad to see a Warrior Cats fan that want to make a good WC game. Fans of the series have been flooding this site with shitty fanfics. Unfortunately, I'm not a fond of WC. I suspect I won't be able to give you good ideas. But a more different plot than the series can be a better idea.

8 years ago

That's the plan ;^^ I'm trying to go really in depth with all the scenery and descriptions of everything, I also really don't want to follow the popular story-lines. (Evil deputy, ect.) I want it to be a unique and creative experience with so many choices you could play it for ages.. That's my biggest goal for this story.

8 years ago

If you can, why don't you add a bunch of stuff that don't exist in the original WC world? That would even make it more interesting. Explosions for example.

8 years ago

To do list:

Make my list of followed stories and authors visible on my profile.

Add Snuffles to the list.

Follow this thread.

Give all advise to Snuffles. Working on it?

8 years ago

WHY did you not tag me?

Well, it's okay, I found my way here.

Why didn't anyone else tag me?

Now with that out of the way, I can actually read this post...

8 years ago

Haha, sorry! I'm new here, and I can't tag you if I don't know who you are Cx

*Shakes hand* Nice to meet you, I'm Snuffles. I'd be happy to take any advice you have!

8 years ago

I was at work and couldn't post on the forums at the time, lol.

8 years ago

You seem to have a grip on these things, but incase you need it, here's my article:

http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=3922

Okay, ideas...

I support Raven's "not ordinary WC stuff" idea. (Planned an explosion for my story I think a month ago.) Something out of the ordinary, something they wouldn't even think of. Asteroids, explosions, terrorist strikes, the zombie apocalypse, a dog park...

Oh, a "new reply in a post you're watching". I'll continue this in a later post.

8 years ago

... Finding BloodClan, maybe SkyClan, what about the Tribe of Rushing Water? Joining one of those? Becoming a kittypet, living in the allies of the Twoleg Place, escaping Clan life, joining another Clan, journying beyond the Highstones.
Anything is possible.

I think that's it about the idea part...

The detail.

It's good to hear that. In my story, it takes, let me count... I can't count because I'm not done with the part yet, but at least four pages just to see the borders of your Clan. Detail is very important, things sound a lot better.

The usual WC fanfic doesn't give away that much information about things out side the Warrior Code or battles. I think I haven't seen any where all the borders are described properly, not just one page that says "Your mentor showed you the Sunning Rocks, Fourtrees, Snake Rocks, and Twoleg Place" There could be one or two of those, but I haven't seen them.

8 years ago

CYSClan would be a good example of "original"- maybe you can take the odd parts of the CYSClan members and make them something else, like pirates or astronauts or something like that.

8 years ago

I have characters that you can use. But please say that they are mine in the end.

In ThunderClan:

Swiftfoot

Swiftfoot is a black and white 42 moon old tom with green eyes. He is extremely intelligent and, once he gets an apprentice, has the qualities to become deputy someday.

In ShadowClan:

Smokewisp

Smokewisp is a blackish gray 35 moon old tom with amber eyes. He is ShadowClan's current deputy and is extremely strong. He had an apprentice named Toadpaw, now Toadfoot.

Toadfoot

Toadfoot is a dark brown 17 moon old tom with blue eyes. He does not stand out in any quality, and is considered just.

In WindClan:

Fallowfern

Fallowfern is a golden 17 moon old tabby she-cat with yellow eyes. She is strong and smart.

In RiverClan:

Silverstorm

Silverstorm is a light gray and white 18 moon old tabby she-cat with blue eyes. She is RiverClan's current medicine cat. She has an apprentice named Hollybark.

Hollybark

Hollybark is a black 14 moon old she-cat with green eyes. She is the current medicine cat apprentice of RiverClan and is very intellengent.

I apologize if deputy of ShadowClan or medicine cats of RiverClan have already been taken, and I also apologize if you are not using the normal clans.

8 years ago
Warrior Cats storygames almost always suck in many different ways, but in my opinion the worst crime of all is the lack of good characters. Try to develop fleshed-out and life-like characters with their own pasts, motivations and personalities.

8 years ago

Or some gore! There are mentions of cannibalism, descriptive dissection of a cat while the victim was still alive, poisoning, etc.