Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Yearbook

8 years ago

Rather than post in FWW, let's discuss here.

Suggestions for categories?

Yearbook

8 years ago

DON'T REPLY OR VOTE PLEASE!
(? For now, at least.)

Alright, so, since our last voting thread is a bit outdated and unofficial, perhaps we could do it again but slightly modify the nominations?

So --

Most Popular:
Sent, Kiel, End, Morgan, Ugilick

Favorite New Member:
Iqqih, Paradox_GM, Brad, Raven47, Tim36D,

Best Author:
End, Will, Tan, Kiel, Ogre

Funniest Forum Poster:
Ford, Sent, Malk

Kindest Member:
Taco, Quills, Kiel, Morgan

Best Debater:
Tan, Drak, Morgan, Dan, Kiel, Fazz ???

Game of the Year:
Suzy, Achilles, Ripper, Undead Pers., Game of L/D., Merc. Queen, Quick Dating

Best Dark Storygame:
Dispiteous, Undead Pers., Game of L/D

Reviewer of the Year:
Fazz, Kiel, Will, Ugilick

Dearly Departed Member:
Marmot, Honor, Playa, Quills, Madbrad, Jamescoker

Best Scripter:
BZ, Zikara, Killa

Most Helpful:
Kiel, Killa, BZ, Melissa (nmellessssexx)

Most Unique Persona:
Sent, Mardox, End ???

Coolest Profile:
Ford, Brad, Madbrad

Mod of the Year:
Seth, JJJ, BZ, 

----

I took out forum game stuff, edited nominations to be more up-to-date, and borrowed some things from Brad's page. 

How'd I do?

Yearbook

8 years ago

I think this is a really good idea :D

I think Person of the Year, Funniest Person, Nicest Person etc along with some joke ones like Chatterbox of the Year would be good too. I think things like Best Dark Storygame and Unique Persona are a bit over-specific but Story of the Year, Author of the Year, Newcomer, Reviewer, Scripter (this is still a part of the site I have 0 understanding of) etc are all good. If there is one month for people to submit their votes but what sort of form will this Yearbook take, a forum message, update or pm to all members or?

It's a great list though :)

Yearbook

8 years ago

I'm thinking the final version can be posted as an article.

Yearbook

8 years ago

GG, Fazz. 10/10 would vote again.

Don't feel that known in the community, so my votes would probably only count as 3/5th of a vote.

History reference 4 da lols.

Yearbook

8 years ago

Well to be honest I've only seen you on the forums. If there's a problem you've got, then fix it or drop out yo.

Anyway I'll nominate you for "Favorite New Member".

Yearbook

8 years ago
I tried making a story once.
5 pages didn't work out.

So, decided I might be more useful in the forums than the story game department. Semi-useful, but useful nonetheless.

Tried co-authoring a storygame a few months ago, help someone else succeed where I failed.
Main author left for permanent stay at WGE.

Things haven't been looking too well there, haha.

So, back to the forums.
Recently, though, probably due to the sheer amount of people who are, or WERE, active in the forums moving to WGE, not a lot of topics.

So now I'm thinking:"Shit, what now?"

Yearbook

8 years ago

You'll make an excellent motivator though.

Yearbook

8 years ago

You should add Lilitha to "Favorite New Member" .

Yearbook

8 years ago
Wait a minute, if I joined last year, why am I nominated for new member?

Yearbook

8 years ago
because you act like a noob xD

Obviously you're new here if you have to ask...if I were nominated for favorite new member, I would be like "yay I was nominated for something!" not "why?"

Yearbook

8 years ago

GAH! MY FEELIIIIIIIINGS!

The reason I ask is because I don't think I really qualify for it.

I mean, pretty sure everyone else nominated joined this year. Raven and Brad for a fact.

Hell, I'm older than the person giving me the reward XD.

Yearbook

8 years ago

I don't think either of the brads count as 'new'. BradinDvorak joined in 2013, and Madbrad200 joined in the earlier part of 2014 (and it's almost 2016)

Yearbook

8 years ago

Right. I wasn't particularly active until last Halloween, but I've had an account for over two years.

Yearbook

8 years ago
Oh, I see. That doesn't count Wait, are we going by account creation or time when we stopped lurking?

Yearbook

8 years ago
Timothy, you're definitely new. In any case, isn't it about the most interesting/best/active on the forums new member? Then you're new.

Yearbook

8 years ago

I agree with Fazz's categories, though I'd like to see some more about writing (as this is still a writing site). To be honest, I don't have that great ideas at the moment, but maybe something like: 'Most Original Storygame', 'Most Promising New Writer', or 'Best Epic' (for storygames with a length of 7 or higher)?

Yearbook

8 years ago

Crazy seeing Zikara on a nomination. Great script writer. Haven't seen her around lately.

I'm glad we have something like this going now.

Yearbook

8 years ago

Yeah, why is Zikara nominated for best scripter? I would think the nominees should,have to have done something in the current year to qualify.  Whether it's a story or a suggestion to someone in adv editor etc.

Actually, yeah: maybe I'd say instead of best scripter, the award is for best script? 

Yearbook

8 years ago

I don't get why MadBrad is a "dearly departed member" since he's never even disappeared for long periods of time and usually pops in to welcome new members all the time.

Yearbook

8 years ago
Agreed. I'm still here. Quills seems more fit for that 'award'. I would say Playa, but I'm pretty sure he lurks/uses alt.

Yearbook

8 years ago

He's on temporary exile, due to technoligy issues.

Yearbook

8 years ago

#bringplayahome

Yearbook

8 years ago
Jihelu for 2015 dearly departed member xD #Jihelu2015

Yearbook

8 years ago

I certainly found Jiehlu more tolerable than Honor or James at times and I didn't even mind James except when he did the whole rage quit thing going on about how everyone was against him.

I imagine Quiller or possibly Playa will win the spot, though personally I think MarmotLord should win since he actually died. Shows true dedication right there.

(I'm sure if he could right now, he'd argue that dying is a sport.)

Yearbook

8 years ago
oh shit did he actually die? (de ja vu? Have I asked this before...? The topic feels familiar but I think it was someone else who I thought died)

If the marmot died then he should at least get honorable mentions with a little gravestone trophy. My vote is Quiller. I didn't know playa very well - and Quiller made a nice looking game without a whole lot written in it :3

Dying is totally a sport.

Yearbook

8 years ago

Well I suppose we don't know for certain if he died, but we were pretty accurate with the speculation about Honor's recent disappearance being jail related and Marmotlord hasn't posted since he mentioned he was in the hospital so...yeah looks sort of grim.

Yearbook

8 years ago
Didn't he have leukemia? Shit...

In this case, he has my vote.

Yearbook

8 years ago

Yeah, my sister had leukemia when she was 3-4. Those were some pretty dark times.

Yearbook

8 years ago

I'd call dying more of an art, just ask Sylvia Plath.

Yearbook

8 years ago
I'm inclined to agree with Romulus, the focus should be less on the forums and more toward the promotion of the original intention of the site so it doesn't lose its flavor.  Not that I'd want the Forum Awards to be completely left out, but to encourage growth more toward the writing side.

Yearbook

8 years ago

(Reply for Fazz's post)

While Mardox managed to keep his persona for a (very, very) long time, I can't say it's "unique." He in fact even stated his bloodline is of "stereotypically evil junk."

Yearbook

8 years ago

Necro ( ?° ?? ?°)

Is there a category for most inactive?

Yearbook

8 years ago
No, because there are hundreds of accounts that were made years ago, rated a single game, then were never seen again.