Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Captain America: Civil War

7 years ago

Who else is so excited that they can't focus on anything else other than Captain America: Civil War? Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man? Just- wow.

7 years ago

I'm not. I'm suspecting it will just be a bunch of hype for something mediocre to good at best.

Then again, I could be wrong.

That's what I always think before movies come out.

7 years ago

I've heard it's much better then some expected, but then again I haven't seen it so...

7 years ago

The last two were fantastic so I have high hopes for it. Even if it isn't as good as I want it to be, even Marvel's most mediocre stuff lately is still solidly entertaining. It's hard to imagine any major missteps when they have the formula down so well at this point and know what audiences want.

7 years ago

I can't wait for it. Team Iron Man! Like a boss!a

7 years ago

Content with just batmanvsuperman.

7 years ago

Well, Marvel has had this movie planned since they made Captain America: The First Avenger, so It's not a Marvel remake of Batman v Superman.

7 years ago

...I don't think that's what they were trying to imply.

7 years ago

It's a huge disappointment. It's a shitty film.

7 years ago

Lol.

I think the last super hero movie I tried to watch was Guardians of the Galaxy on DVD and didn’t see what the big deal was about it. I didn’t even hate the movie, it was just kind of meh, and I didn’t bother finishing it.

I’ll probably try the super hero thing again when Suicide Squad is available on Netflix or something.

7 years ago

Guardians was by far the weakest Marvel film. 

Suicide Squad looks like it's trying way too hard, though.

7 years ago

I lost interest in the  Suicide Squad movie  because of three reasons. I will still see it of course though.

1. Deadshot's eye is on the wrong side.

2. Batman vs. Superman disaster.

3. Joker... why is that thing joker, Joker is whitty and evil. This guy looks like he was what was leftover from Mad Max. 

7 years ago

Joker looks meh compared to previous films. Deadshot is still cool though. Deadshot looks the coolest in Batman: Arkham Origins. Dat balaclava...

I wish there's Deathstroke...

7 years ago

Witty? When has the Joker ever been witty? And yeah, new Joker's definitely evil.

7 years ago

DEADSHOT?

HIS NAME IS FRIGGING DEATHSTROKE

7 years ago

LOL THANK YOU...I LIKE SPEAKING IN CAPS AS WELL.

7 years ago

I ONLY USE ALL CAPS TO DISPLAY EXTREME EMOTION

7 years ago

AH YES I SEE XD

7 years ago

I'm glad you understand.

7 years ago

ARE WE-cough-not talking in caps anymore?

7 years ago

?As far as I know? Deathstroke and Deadshot are two different characters, Zaggy. And the one in Suicide Squad ?as far as I know? is Deadshot, not Deathstroke.

7 years ago

@Steve24833 did you like the first two?  what was wrong with this one?

7 years ago

Have you seen it? To avoid spoilers, of course.

7 years ago
I have seen all of the Captain America movies, and they all were awesome, I can't wait to see it when it comes out in 3 days.

7 years ago

Has it not released in America? It's been released in Ireland already.

7 years ago

I'm going to see the private screening tomorrow. I've got one extra ticket.

7 years ago

Too bad we aren't near each other. I would offer to go.

7 years ago

You wish XD

7 years ago

Yeah. (=^-^=) I love being able to do that.

7 years ago

EY FAM

SEND THAT TICKET MY WAY

7 years ago

MAKE IT RAIN! *one lonely ticket flies into the air* >_<

7 years ago

*grabs it* MINE!!

7 years ago

*Tackle*

7 years ago

*kicks in face* NO! MINE!

7 years ago

*grabs popcorn and watches replay of the battle*

7 years ago

@Jackaboy

Won't let me reply to your post.

*tackle again*

7 years ago

*kicks throat* IT'S MIIIIIIIIIINE!!

7 years ago

*Tackles, like, a third time*

7 years ago

*pulls out missle launcher* drop it or we all die!

7 years ago

I'd rather die than let you have the ticket!

7 years ago

If you say so....*blows up head* mwahahahahahahahahaha

7 years ago

*Revives Tim*

Hey! Jack, put that thing away!

7 years ago

NEVER!! *blows them both up*

7 years ago

You can't just blow up my head! Even if you somehow hit me precisely in the head, the shrapnel and such would blow up the rest of my body, and you, and the ticket in the process!

Plus, I have a Franklin Badge.

7 years ago

I will put the piesces together.

7 years ago

But you're blown up too!

7 years ago

*Pulls the two apart*

HEY! Are you guys really fighting over a movie ticket?

7 years ago

YES!! NOW DROP IT!!

7 years ago

Sí.

7 years ago

@Jackaboy

@Tim36D

Can't you two wait 'till it gets on DVD/Bluray?

7 years ago

NEVER IT HAS TO BE ON THE BIG SCREEEEEEEN

7 years ago

Buy a projector, hook it up to a computer, and project it on a suspended, white bedsheet. 

7 years ago

NOOOOOO THERES NO SURROUND SOUNDDDD

7 years ago

Buy some speakers.

7 years ago

I has no money.

7 years ago

Then... borrow the disc from a friend.

7 years ago

Surround Sound is an unrealistic ploy overstimulating brains into false dopamine charges to sell people something they don't need. Sound should come from the direction of the image, it's more realistic from your subconscious's point of view.

7 years ago

I don't have muns.

7 years ago

Then go look for some pirated version.

7 years ago

Illegal.....hmm......

7 years ago

Then... borrow the disc from a friend.

7 years ago

Friends? Me? HA!

7 years ago

I, uh, sorta just gave the ticket away...

7 years ago

Dang...

7 years ago

To me, of course. ;)

7 years ago

Yep, totally, we went to the theatre together, had an awesome time. He bought me chocolates. :D

7 years ago

And I stood in the corner, and watched.

7 years ago

Oh, right, and then he sprayed you with his orange Fanta because he doesn't know what American soda was like! Ah, the memories...

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the memories....

7 years ago

Then, I stood there, dripping wet. Still watching...

You're welcome.

7 years ago

I watched yesterday. It was great! Black Panther is the best new character in the movie apart from Spiderman and Antman.

And keep in mind that I don't live in America.

7 years ago

No spoilers!

7 years ago

Did I just spoil it for you? That was just my opinion, not showing the movie's scene.

7 years ago

No, I just mean don't talk about the movie yet.

7 years ago

Okay, Jack.

7 years ago

We're in a thread for talking about the movie, dipshit

7 years ago

Oh......I will just leave then.

7 years ago

Good idea.

7 years ago

@Malkalack

I found another Capy!

So if you guys can get back to consummating, that'd be...oh wait, that'd be masturbation!

7 years ago

Dang, Fam. That savage secret text.

7 years ago

Well then why the hell would you look at the reviews for it?

7 years ago

Who said that?

7 years ago

How is that a spoiler? Everyone should already know Spiderman, Black Panther, and Ant-Man are in it.

7 years ago

I am very excited about the new Captain America movie, I think Marvel was stupid about making it "Captain America" Civil War instead of "Marvel" Civil War cause know we know that Cap HAS to win, even though he is starting to annoy me with his "perfect teeth".

7 years ago

If they follow the comics properly, you're in for a surprise ending. :')

7 years ago

I hope it is better than Captain Shamerica saving the day!

7 years ago

EYYY

This guy knows what's up.

7 years ago

I'm not really a big comic reader, so I wouldn't know what happens.

7 years ago

Unless you haven't seen the trailers or heard any news about the movie.

7 years ago

I doubt Spider-Man will be as powerful as most will hope in this film, as he will be 15 years old and very inexperienced. But have you seen the Captain America: Civil War TV Spot #30? Really shows what this new Spidey is all about. I also heard that Captain America almost- almost- kills Tony.

7 years ago

Spiderman as a teenager is literally his origin story, doesn't have too much problems there. The only people he shouldn't be able to roflstomp are Scarlet Witch and Vision. Maybeeeee Black Panther. And of course, the Hulk and Thor, but they're not even in the movie.

7 years ago
I saw it two days ago. It's good. Like really, really good. The characters are much more developed (and even likeable now), and unlike most Marvel movies (like the first Avengers movie), there's actually a substantial plot. The action scenes are also top-tier. There are a few predictable scenes, but mostly the overall plot is pretty new for a superhero movie.

7 years ago

Oh my God, yes. I saw this a few minutes ago and it was fucking amazing. The characters finally had to deal with their backstories, they finally turned away from what held them back.....the Black Panther was a very cool character.

Ant-man and Spider-man were FREAKING HILARIOUS. I loved the original funny voice of spidey, and ant-man was pretty enjoyable. 

Watch this movie while you can. This movie was probably the best Marvel movie IVE EVER SEEN, stand aside.

Spoiler Ahead:

My favorite scene was the Airport battle, which was the most frantic and well organized fighting scene I've ever seen. I also loved the scene with Iron Man vs. Captain America and Bucky.

7 years ago

I think why the airport scene was a lot of people's favourite action scene was because it was so simple. Yeah, aliens and apocalypse villains are cool, but if you strip it down, everyone just wants to see who would win if you put a bunch of superheroes together and forced them to fight each other.

Also, I don't think you need to classify the airport scene as a spoiler cos you didn't give away any plot :)

7 years ago

Yeah, sometimes pure action is enough :)

7 years ago

YEESSS! I freaked out when I saw the ending of one trailer, when Spider Man jumps out! I practically peed my pants, lol. I was about to make a discussion for this as well, actually.

7 years ago

Well, since I'm hearing everyone from critics to online people to my friends talk about how much they love the game, I feel like I should go on a rant on why I hated it, because I'm a bitter prick who hates your joy. 

1. Iron Man's character does another nonsense 180 like going from "Witty Banter during Alien Invasion" to "PTSD". From telling the government to fuck off and keep their hands off his suits in Iron Man 2 to being a complete stooge in this. Why? Is he lambasted for creating Ultron? No, a random woman just tells him about his dead kid. Does this make realize he's screwed up trying to create Ultron? No, he blames the entire Avengers for destroying Sokoyviev, which they did to save the entire world. The movie ends with him, one of the smartest men in the entire world, having a tantrum because someone killed his parents WHILE brainwashed, because of EMOTIONAL.

2. Ant Man is giant. His name's Ant Man. His powers dictate that by shrinking, he becomes stronger because his power's concentrated or something. When he grows bigger, he's also incredible strong. Hank Pym could do it, but this makes it incredibly clear he's not Pym.

3. Vision sucks. Despite having an Infinity Stone stuck in his head, that grants him incredible power, his role in the Airport fight is little more than weirding out Giant Ant Man and taking out a member of his own team. Come on, Vision!

4. The first few fight scenes were too fast and had weird camera shots, the Airport scene felt less like a brawl between groups and much more like several small fights that didn't interact with each other except for Scarlet Witch.

5. The high scale security footage is easily tricked by the guy who framed Bucky. 

6. The Villain is a generic bad guy who wants revenge for his family, who would've died if the Avengers did nothing, yet doesn't single Stark out for creating Ultron. 

7. The movie seems to be trying to balance the pure humor of something like "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Avengers 1" while taking a "Watchmen" or "Dark Knight" analysis of superheroes, and it fails at both. It's one of the least funny Marvel movies, although it has OK bits, but has less banter and includes attempts at comedy like "Ha, your aunt's hot". It's attempts at analysis fail where they try to point out how the heroes are causing the villains a la Dark Knight, yet fail to recognize that the only time the Avengers as a whole have ever screwed up is a dozen dead people in Wakanda while they've saved the world countless times, and the only ones to screw things up are Stark and Banner.

8. They attempt to cram too many characters in the movie, which both is a disservice to the characters and kills all actual character development. They change character motivation's abruptly, like Black Widow and Stark now supporting Government control even though Widow just witnessed the Government secretly being filled with Hydra, and then call that abrupt change "development". Characters like Hawk-Eye seem to just pick a side with a coin flip with no motivations explored, and are only crammed in there because that's the main appeal of the movie, which is "ALL the super heroes".

The Movie wasn't bad, but to me it was only OK, and the fact that everyone else loves it just makes me hate it more.

7 years ago

I really hated Stark. Like, fucking bad.

7 years ago

Paul Rudd was hilarious, as usual. 

7 years ago

Him and spidey.

7 years ago

To be honest, the movie had several comedic moments.

I loved Civil War, but I'm partially biased towards Marvel, due to their excellent quality.

The movie did have some realistic points, though.

Much better than Wonder Woman: Featuring Ben Afflec and Superman fighting for a small bit.

7 years ago

I've seen it and I loved it. It was unexpectedly good for me. ^_^  It has its funny scenes which I liked a lot. Lol. It is to be continued. ^_^

7 years ago

Captain America: Civil War was released in theaters on May 6, and is quickly becoming an even bigger success than Batman v Superman, The Avengers, and even Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And this is only Marvel's launch for Phase III. Imagine what they'll do for the rest of Phase III.

7 years ago

Batman v. Superman was better.

7 years ago

So I finally got around to watching this. I have... a relatively mixed reaction which is not what I wanted when I came into this.

The Good

Tom Holland was fantastic, both as Spiderman and as Peter Parker. I've also seen a few complaints on the fact that he's TOO young... WHAT?? That makes 0 sense. The only thing I didn't like about him is he should've been able to roflstomp MCU Cap.

Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, although him giving up revenge against Barnes seemed like it came out of nowhere. It never felt like there was a natural gradual change as there should've been.

Most of the rest of the movie was pretty competently done, so...

The Bad

This didn't feel like Civil War at all. It has none of the gravitas, the stakes, and not nearly enough emphasis on the opposing ideologies of Captain America and Iron Man. This is exuberated by the fact Marvel doesn't have the balls to kill anyone... literally everyone is safe so there's no tension. Worse than that, there's no reason to care.about any of these characters, because you know everyone going to make it. Maybe that will change in Infinity War, but I doubt it.

Also, they gave the "no, you move" line to Cap's girlfriend. What the fuck?

7 years ago

Just saw it, and here's what I have to say about it.

Best-

Movie-

Ever!!!