Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
I know I constantly give you kids shit, and call you idiots, pathetic little faggots, and human cancer--and let's be honest here, most of you are these things--but relatively speaking, in the context of the rest of the internet, writing sites in particular? You know what? You're all pretty okay.

Thanks. <3 <3 <3

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

you fat cunt you don't knwo me

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

*wipes tear* you're okay too, Mizal.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Mizal is Morgan's Mormon Double confirmed.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago
Mizal, you sure you alright? Should I call a doctor? You are not ment to be so nice. What will be next, Steve telling everyone he's sorry for being so mean?
Ok fine. You are ok as well. And everyone on this site is awesome in their own way.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Don't jynx it, Mayana. This and a Steve apology for everyone are two big steps on the path to world destruction... Sheerly because it's shown that reality itself has clearly stopped giving any fucks.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I had a really good apology thread a while back, where I did a few paragraphs about why apologies were in order before asking you all to apologize to me.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago
I'm actually a little sad right now because I revisited a SERIOUS WRITING SITE for SERIOUS WRITERS I have lots and lots of good memories from from like a decade ago, only it blows now.

You guys, a bunch of dumb, barely literate children only just now starting to grow hair in interesting places, are all better at giving (and taking!) critiques, and at actually writing, then these pampered, creatively dead assholes who drop $$$~real cash money~$$$ on a writing site membership.

I'm not crying though. It's just dusty in here.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

Writing Membership?

I'll just take writing reprimands criticism for free thank you.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago
I posted stories there right out of high school and I'd get multiple essays just brutally fucking shredding every aspect of them and making me cry.

I'm not talking grammar and typos, this was all higher level stuff about why my plot was broken and my characters all sucked and had no agency. It was like a community full of Axioms, but with enough time to make random people personally feel bad, every single day. Best $60 I ever spent.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

Sounds fun. But why would you spend sixty US dollars for that?

You guys are awesome

7 years ago
Dude I've explained this.

Hmm. You don't pay attention very well. Maybe you're one of the not okay ones after all.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

No, I genuinely don't understand. You just wanted to get into a big clubhouse of renowned writers? Maybe I'm just cheap, but I wouldn't pay money for that.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago
Try posting a story anywhere on the internet and getting a bunch of guaranteed detailed, critical feedback. Go on, try it.

...I'll wait for you to actually write a story first.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

Good point there.

However, have you seen anything that I've wrote on this site? How about you shred all my existing work in the same manner the people on that past site did? Maybe it'll help you feel better.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

See, the key is to never publish anything, read critiques everyone else makes, laugh along with them, and then publish something much harder to shred and pretend you were totally that good the entire time. As far as the record is concerned, you never learned anything new from anyone, you just made a mistake that can only be attributed to outside factors, like alcohol or unwashed hair.

I'm going to patent this method.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

Do it, Sentsei. Lead us.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

I would rather  be ensalved in a sweatshop and be forced to write angsty teenage dramas for the Wattapad  masses while being paid only in Greek currency rather then spend 60$ that could be spent on lotto tickets.

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

So what is this serious writing site with all the serious writers?

You guys are awesome

7 years ago

I could use a site like that.

Just because I'm a very serious writer.

Could you possibly share the site?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
Wait, so I'm only okay when compared to 3,567,273 other people? Really? Eh, I guess I'll take it even though it's not specifically directed at me.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

What are you, fucking gay?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I love you more, Mizal. ~<3

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Are you drunk?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

This isn't edgy. You're fucking fired.

If anyone is interested in what Mizal's crying about:

http://www.fanstory.com/

Prepare to be bored.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Mi cuerpo esta listo, senor.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
http://www.fanstory.com/displaystory.jsp?id=844937

'He is a top ranked author and is currently holding the #33 position.'

This shit broke me. And yes, the site is boring now. It used to be great.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Now that emoticon you just used is properly edgy.

Rehired.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

How did you put emoticons in text?

Edit: Note, I am on an iPad, so is it even possible for me?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Not sure you're worthy of that knowledge, kid. Top secret wizardry.  

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

But I need to use that emoticon for something...

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

broken heart

Nu

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

sad

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Story Help section:

5 STAR TOP NOVELIST RANK 90: Can... Can someone help me with my run-on sentences?

5 STAR GOD TIER SHORT STORY WRITER: How do you dialogue!?!?! All of my people sound the same!!!!!!!! :(

God... Now I'm probably going to end up making a thread because of the sad.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
lel

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

God, you are such a flaming faggot.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

D'awwww, this is adorable.

I just wish I wasn't an exception.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

This reminds me of Cloud Atlas

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Pfft, you think fanstory is bad? Try logging into the Choice of Games forums once in awhile. (Seriously, try it. It's a great laugh.) Here's an example of a typical conversation you might read from your average COG members:

Newbie104:

Hi guys! I've just joined the site and I'm working on a game where you play as a young farm boy who goes adventuring with his pet dog Buster. Does this sound like a good idea for a game?

SpecialSnowflake249:

OMFG, this game doesn't give you the option to play as a non-binary, object-sexual otherkin hedgehog! I AM SO FUCKING TRIGGERED!!! I've flagged your post for being sexist, racist, homophobic and generally offensive to anybody with eyes. You should be ashamed! Educate yourself before you post anything ever again!!!

Newbie104:

... I have no idea what I did! >.<

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
Oh I am well aware of COG's campaign of violent retardery against its own people, it's just that I never gave a shit about COG.

Fanstory was the place I first started posting real stories on the internet (as opposed to garbage fanfic which is a phase we all go through and let's never bring it up again) and taking writing seriously, and it had a fun community so seeing it turned all insipid and dull now is a kick in the nostalgia.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I got banned on COG for 204 years xD

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
How do you even...

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I'm currently serving a couple hundred years, as well. I asked if otherkin should have human rights, and they banned me for trolling. Fuckers

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

That's a very specific number. What's the 4 for? cheeky

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I think it's just an arbitrary number they pick over there.

Basically some of our more patriotic CYSers recently decided to troll the place a few months ago and got themselves lifetime banned from CoGraria (Unless someone is angry enough to live 204 years just to fuck with them again)

Then apparently one of their founders emailed me a polite statement about hoping that I would rein in some of our citizens because my words carry some weight over here (Glad the illusion is alive!) and peacefully co-exist since we're all "lovers of interactive fiction" and he apologized if I thought he was calling me a dick over there.

In the interest of diplomacy (And to provide less grief for JJJ for a change) I accepted his apology (I mean seriously, I'm not going to get offended at being called a dick. Lol) I told him that peaceful co-existence is of course possible. Since I'm fairly certain more than a few people here are jumping back and forth between the two sites and still buying their games on occasion even if they're mocking the CoG forums over here.

I mean hell, it's not like we're going to go bust up their place with jackboots and billy clubs.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
Yes, excellent, this public statement of non-aggression will give you so much plausible deniability the next time a CYS funded suicide bomber names a COG account and goes off in a crowded thread.

Also CYOAs aren't interactive fiction REEEEEEE

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I'm leaving my COG account to my descendants, and I will depend on them to troll COG in 200 years.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
Remember Mason failing at trolling the Warlight people?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Lol, that whole Warlight incident was pretty funny.

If I had been an admin at that time, I probably would have awarded coins some points for being so vigilant of bringing the plagiarism to light since he was the one who discovered it in the first place.

Ah what the hell, I'll do it retroactively. He pointed out the Stormfronter on here too.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

What is warlight?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Some site that runs a Risk/conquer other countries type game.

Basically, some fucktard on their forums was posting a path in Eternal and pretending he was writing it. Coins brought it to our attention and lulz ensued.

Their mods took down the thread and the plagiarist started going on about how he felt like a piece of shit. Lol.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

well eternal is a good story. who wouldn't want to plagiarize it. you should feel honored, they say mimicry is the highest form of compliment.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Was that thread nuked?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Yeah it got nuked after the plagiarist got caught and his own thread deleted over there. Don't know why though, it was a great CYS victory.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Lol. I remember that. Many lulz! ... I really, really don't get the point of stealing somebody else's work for any non-profit reasons though. I mean sure, the guy would've gotten loads of compliments about what an amazing writer he was, but he'd be getting compliments for something he didn't write... So really they were complimenting you, not him. What's the point? >.<

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Some people just have no sense of reality.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Some people just want props whether they did it or not. Just look at that professor they had teaching defense against the dark arts in chamber of secrets. as is the case with that guy most people like that are sad and lonely people.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

this kind of gives me an idea for a story, though. warlight infiltrates cystia and steals a tomb of great knowledge from the all powerful necromancer endmaster. endmaster then leads an army of the undead, eternals, demons, and shadows and pillage and destroy warlight to get it back.

someone should write that. not me of course i'm still trying to write my first story.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

They'd never breach the gates. Their idea of strategy is to charge more guys at something than the opponent has, nevermind any fortifications or landscape advantages, meanwhile we go on for hours in WW and CC threads about how best to survive a siege and fight a war. They'll try the hit-fast-hit-hard spam game, but you know what happens when you send massive globs of men charging down a single path towards a comparatively small amount of people with forts and siege weaponry?

2/3 of the big army's guys get killed by arrows, cavalry, and flying rocks before they even get across the field to the gates, and the rest get slaughtered by spears and swords. An invasion would never work.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

thats why i said infiltration. infiltration is a small force sneaking in.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Risk players and small force is an oxymoron. To them, sending a small force to counter a bigger one that isn't an attempt to goad the enemy into spreading itself too thin is synonymous with defeat. The only mechanics they know are Big Force > Little Force, troops have a set K/D ratio, and nothing can be negotiated with things like "Strategy"

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Exactly. The only tactic they have is to throw troops at the enemy. But we, being intelligent strategical, will be able to formulate tactis and drop boiling oil on their heads as they try and climb up our massive walls of text, that EndMaster will build using his storygames.

My mind isn't okay.

7 years ago

You've never actually called me any of those, but thank you.

My mind isn't okay.

7 years ago
I've thought it though. Really hard.

My heart isn't okay.

7 years ago

Damn. I think this is the first time we've even talked to each other.

My heart isn't okay.

7 years ago

I mean, she's probably read from a distance. Just because she hasn't responded doesn't mean she doesn't know who you are.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Aww shucks, thanks Mizal! Now, how long did you say you have left to live?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
Well, compared to places like COG and other writing sites, it is great to be thought of as "Okay." even tough I am have just been lerking for the last couple of years and not really posting anything, well... 94 posts to be exact.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
You could always try changing and posting more. Who knows, maybe it will work out well!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
ITT: cys tsundere

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

How did I not see this until now?? Well, thanks for that. :D I can rest in peace now.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

This was oddly nice of you but, thanks?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Yay! I am okay! ^_^

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

But... you aren't really a "kid".  :3

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Isn't he 19?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
same actions as a 13 year old, same weight as a 13 year old, same interests as a 13 year old; I'd say seto is roughly 15.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Basically, yep.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Well, I think mizal was addressing everyone when she said "kids".

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Well, you are younger (and very playful and goofy), so I guess. :P

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
You're all my special little children. Mentally, emotionally...

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

indecisionI'm not calling you mama. Or mom. Or mother. Or momma. Or ma. Or mum. Or mam.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Mommy, on the other hand...

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Goddamit. I knew I missed a word.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I will, however. She'll be our elf mommo.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
daddy

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Mizal's old enough to be the mom for most of you lot on here anyway.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
anyone over the age of 8 is old enough to be a mom it's just that most aren't until they're raped at a later age :S

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I'm no expert in pubescent development, but I'm pretty sure almost all girls aren't physically old enough to be a mother at eight.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

"Ford, uh, finds a way."

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
it's all about the right attitude combined with a good thrust of the hips

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

We would never publish a game that includes or implies pedophilia.

Moreover, this is not the place to debate or discuss such things.

We take a hard line on sexual misconduct on these forums and in our games.

Finally, I'm now instituting a permanent ban on the discussion of pedophilia.

THREAD LOCKED

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
What if he's just talking about an adult who identifies as an 8 year old?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Oh well, that's fine. We don't want to limit or oppress people by the boundaries of reality around here.

THREAD UNLOCKED

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

ummmm could you not use caps like that???? i have ptsd from my mom yelling at me and taking my laptop and like caps are basically yellngi!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
ThEn, wHat'S this Do tO yoU?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

SaVaGe

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

PleaSe nO

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Mizal are you drunk?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Are you okay, Mizal?

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

No, you're drunk mizal, go home.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Mizal has always been nice to me. She even gave me some good pointers on a story... that ive yet to write. Of course its hard to be mean to a masochist.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Yeah, mizal has definitely been drinking a lot.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Or maybe it was a V-day thing.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
No, she's obviously been kidnapped and is being told to say these things against her will. The perpetrators are planning to soften us up with compliments, making us lower our guard before slowly eliciting information that will determine our locations, in which they will hunt us down and kidnap us as well. They're using mizal, a well-respected member of the site as a puppet for their nefarious deeds. Sure, I don't any proof or evidence to back up my claims. Sure, this type of situation is very rare. Sure, you have no reason to believe anything I have to say... But you have to! You have to believe me because your life is at risk! Don't trust mizal, I beg of you and anyone else who may be listening!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

k wat els do i ned to no

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Wo?uldn't mizal be an illogical/unlikely member for that? She killed two snakes before, and they somehow kidnap her. Then, they expect us to believe it when she starts being un-mizal and immediately trust her. :/

You guys are okay.

7 years ago
Oh, no, no, no, no, this is a gradual development! This was just the first step in mizal gradually becoming more kind! They wouldn't just start telling her to immediately stop being herself! They're planning for this to go on for months, maybe even years so that no suspicions arise! Besides, humans are a lot more difficult to deal with than simple snakes!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

>_> True... da mizal effect!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I  am very easy to kidnap.

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

I'd think so, with you being around 90 pounds and all. That's why I carry a protective layer of blubber for warmth, weight and protection against mild puncture wounds.

It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. You on the other hand, I could probably have you ride on my back, and we could run through the streets vanquishing evil. Then, after I've gained your unwavering friendship, knock you out with chloroform and drag you to my cellar.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

Gotta admit, that'd be a hell of a sight.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

You know it, buddy.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago
So you're black now?

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

I've always been black, Berk.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

It was never confirmed before. You always described yourself as brown, which means you could have been Italian for all we knew.

Of course I guess if you had been Italian, you technically still would have been black.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

I think the Swedes are the brown ones, End

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago
No offense Zag, but for some reason I had you pegged as Taiwanese, (or was that Mason?), LOL

I know coins is North Korean though. ;)

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

I didn't even know Mason was Asian until he mentioned it in the racism thread.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago
Oh yeah, that's the one! Sorry Zag! ;)

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

XD

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

Haha, no actually I'm American but of mixed race. Half Mexican, a quarter White and a quarter Black.

No offense was taken.

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago

I'm the Taiwanese person you're looking for '^-^

Zag Runs Bartertown

7 years ago
What? This rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper haha!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Free hugs! Sweet!

You guys are okay.

7 years ago

Aw, shucks, you don't have to. You're welcome.