Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Not much else for me to say really. A bit of a pity I was chosen for sage. I rather play the underdog than to crush others underfoot. Mayhap you tell me about yourselves. What is your purpose for writing?

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Hello, you're out of luck for playing the underdog until the other factions step up (watch EndMaster in particular). Also, there's no crushing involved here, it's all a friendly rivalry.

As for why write? Simple. To create, to live. Ideally, to also help live and let live.

You may want to write something for your profile when you have a moment.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

All is fair in love and war.

Is that advised? 

Good Morrow

7 years ago
You'll have to be more specific, is what advised?

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Writing something for my profile. I'm unsure of what would be appropriate or useful to put there. Currently I don't plan to write, but I am enjoying one of the CYS here.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

I'd like to point out that Stryker does not speak for the site or me when he says "there's no crushing involved here, it's all a friendly rivalry." Obviously my entire history on the site has involved brutally crushing all the inferior fools on this site who aren't worth jack shit and I truly deteste most of you. There is no friendliness, only hatred.

Good Morrow

7 years ago
... something something crushing? @MinnieKing @TharaApples

Good Morrow

7 years ago

I'm sorry, do you believe that this shitty writer and this failure to even write a story have something to say with the fact that they, through slaving away at highlighting comments of far better writers' stories?

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Spoken like a true peasant. 

Good Morrow

7 years ago

For someone on a writing site, I don't see much writing. You are but a servant here. I am a creator.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

I write, just not storygames obviously. You're the storygame writer, I simply tidy things up when I feel the urge to do so.

Good Morrow

7 years ago
And that is creation in its own way. Now can we please stop this derailment while one wheel is still barely on the tracks? For the kids!

Good Morrow

7 years ago

1. No, it's not creation. It's tidying.

2. Fuck the kids, I don't like them anyway and they should get used to this if they're sticking around.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

:(

Good Morrow

7 years ago

*Whispers* Don't listen to Steve. He's like a rabbit. Tries to bite when you try to do anything within fifty feet of it, and shits all over everything.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

You never fail to make me feel like shit, Steve :D

10/10, you should become a critic.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Omygerd is that a turtle? At first I didn't even realize that was Steve. D: Turtles are adowable though. ^_^

And Astros, welcome! :D

Good Morrow

7 years ago
Hi, welcome to the site. Yeah, I understand your feelings about the Sage thing, I would have rather been a Marauder. Setting personal goals regarding specific people to crush is still perfectly doable, though.

Anyway, I'd recommend spending some time browsing the top storygames, and then even if you're not planning to create any stories for yourself just yet, the Writing Workshop and Creative Corner are good places to practice and get feedback.

The Parlor and Reading corner tend to get left kind of lonely, so by all means if you're more of a reader, feel free to start some discussions there.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

True, but then I would need to find a suitable rival. Too strong and I'd lose interest. Too weak and... my ego would inflate to a dirigible. 

I have little experience with writing outside of amateur hour. A task like a CYS I believe is a bit beyond my capabilities just yet. At least if I expect to produce anything of merit. Though I'll consider it in my free time. Maybe you'll have the pleasure of tearing my works to pieces in the near future.

I'm not much for discussion either, at least beyond simple opinion. But livening things up in those areas is as good a duty as any. 

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Yes, let hate and egotism guide you on your journey of writing. It will make you stronger as a writer.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Toward my own writing or the writing of others? Suppose either or both works. 

Good Morrow

7 years ago

The former.

Good Morrow

7 years ago
Welcome to CYS~

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Hello, and welcome ^_^

Good Morrow

7 years ago

I write to let loose my ideas and creativity upon the world rather than letting them fester in the back of my mind, destined to never see the light of day.

========================================

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Good Morrow

7 years ago

I at first thought you simply copy-pasted that response like the rest of the welcome threads, but I see you actually answered my question. Thanks. I'll get to reading all those links just as soon as I finish typing this here message. 

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to Cystia!

Good Morrow

7 years ago

I'm a Sage too! :)

Good Morrow

7 years ago

#SageLife

Good Morrow

7 years ago

Heck Yeah!