Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
We're going to try a new thing here at ChooseYourStory.com / MyAdventureGame.com --the monthly contest. Each month, we will sponsor a different contest of some sort, with most following the general rule that a story must be created and published within the month.

So without further ado, let me give you the rules of the February Contest:
- Prize is $25, payable by PayPal or US Cheque
- Create And Publish A Story that fits in the SCHOOL BASED category
- Story must be Created on or after February 1st, 2006
- Story must be published March 1st, 2006
- Atleast THREE authors must participate in the contest or the contest will be canceled

--

By the way, if you haven't noticed already, there's now an ad floating at the top of the page. These ads will be text-only and will (hopefully) be relavent to the page you are visiting. They are served up by google and are pay-per-click. The purpose of the ads is to sponsor these contests.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I am in? will it be sent to our house

February $25 Contest

18 years ago

Oh god, What the hell am I doing... I'm In!  This time, I'm winning, lol.  Don't expect me to come back, I'm just in it for the money, lol.

JJJ

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
yeha yeah yeah

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I'm in if i can think of a good idea. JJJ, im glad your in the contest.

Good luck everyone,

solostrike

February $25 Contest

18 years ago

if i can finish in the time alotted i should be in too. dang, what have i done suggesting a month only to make a game? lol well good luck all. but from what the rules say they have to be created after Feb 1st. from what i remember. keep that in mind guys.

nate

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
is there any chance of a deadline extension? (just asking)

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I'm in...well...maybe...

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
Good luck. You guys will need it.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
Aw, what the hell? I'm in...

February $25 Contest

18 years ago

I've talked with Alexp and sadly, he's forgotten a couple details.  Let me fill them in.

1- Admins are not judging.  It will usually be the winner from last contests is what we were throwing around.

2- No Deadline Extensions!!!!!  I havn't tlaked with him on this, but they are monthly competitions.  Also Nate, remember everyone else is at teh same disadvantadge as you timewise so dont worry about time too much.

Just my "2" cents.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
Oh and is it true that March5th00 is entering?  Cuz if thats so, and he wisn, where does money go?

February $25 Contest

18 years ago

I dont think its a good idea for the winner of previous contests to judge.

I just joined this site recently, but ive allready seen a ton of rivalries and bickering in the forums, and i think personal feelings might come in to play if the contest winners judge the next contest, because they might rate a good game low just because they dont like the person who wrote it.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I thought about that, but you misunderstand something.   The admins are still on the site, wouldn't that be more then obvious?

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I'm so entering here.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago

When you say the "admins are still on the site" i assume you mean the forums?

What does that have to do with the contest judges? Are you saying the admins will judge the contest or will it be the "previous contest winner" as you said before.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
If the judge does what you say he or she could do, then the admins will catch the judge.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I wouldn't worry about this -- things will remain fair.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
I want to add that I made a typo:

The story must be published **BEFORE** March 1, 2006. You cn publish it on Feb 28 at 11:59, but if it's published a minute later, then it won't be elligible.

February $25 Contest

18 years ago

OoO and are you gonan replace the 2k5 fontestants by feburary contestants?

February $25 Contest

18 years ago
As of 19 minutes ago by my home clock, game making for the contest can now begin!

Just to let everyone know - Feb Contest

18 years ago
Hey guys,

Alexp has decided to make me a judge for this contest, just wanted to let you know. I am unsure, though, if JJJ is a judge. (Course he said he was going to make a game, so i doubt it)

solostrike

18 years ago
Yeah you're a judge.
Any you're going to be *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* imparital. Riiigghht?

18 years ago
Nope no judging on this side.  But uhh, Solo, I know you'll be fair so I think it was a good choice by Alex to do it this way.

18 years ago
Guys can I cuss on my game?  Whats High school without cussing bullys?

18 years ago

i dont see why not. as long as you dont make it a rap song that needs to be bleeped every other word lol. its your call as far as im concerned.

nate

18 years ago
oh yeah like this: I F****** went to the F****** store, F***** a B****. Hate F****** ravemaster F****** A$$****. Like that

18 years ago

YOU FORGOT! ITS RAVEMASTERB*STARD.  THAT IS BLASPHEMY, lol.

18 years ago

*SNICKER*

Once a B*stard, always a B*stard.  Never can a B*stard be a F***er or a ****wad or anything.

18 years ago
meh, lol.