Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Hello friends, are you ready for Halloween? What are your plans? Are you going to go to any parties? Will you pass out candy? Do you plan on dressing up and going trick-or-treating? What's your costume?

I'd love to hear your answers!

I'm dressing up as a plague doctor this Halloween. I'm most definitely going to a few parties. I hope to spook some kids at school, and probably go trick-or-treating with my family.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'll be doing jack squat on Halloween. College, tutoring people, and eating a diner with my family will be it. Nonetheless, I went to an extemded family bonfire yesterday and my family is hosting one for our church's two youth groups today.

Jesus + massive fire > candy

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Speaking of religion, I've always sort of wondered what one of those religious haunted houses are like. I've heard some of them get as gruesome as the regular haunted houses.

I'd want to walk through one of the more fundamentalist haunted houses though, for the full Passion of the Christ effect of seeing the various sinners being horribly tortured in hell scenes for disobeying God and such.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
Well I mean there's a halloween party today that's hosted by a highschool student that's supposed to have a attendance of 600-800 people since someone decided to spread the word to the surrounding highschools and college.

Let's hope it dosent get shut down.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

There's a Halloween party another student is hosting...on a Monday. Yikes. Other than that, not much.

I don't think I have an actual costume prepared either. I got some hamster mascot suit for $20 at some cheap store but I dunno.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Last night I went to a Halloween party. It was alright. There was tons of food, so that's good. I started feeling tired and bored (maybe from inhaling the fumes from my mask which is made up of foam, superglue, and spray paint) so I got up and started walking around. Some chungus kid literally ran up to me and smacked my mask off my face, and ripped the slits that held the straps that kept it on my head. Feeling a little disappointed, I walked back to the table Mom and I were sitting at and took off my mask. 

I went and asked the hosts of they had any duct tape to fix my mask, and they said they would look. They never came back to me, and I never got any duct tape. Feelsbad.gif

Oh, and this whole time my right shoulder and right side of my neck was hurting (probably from sleeping on it weird or from the few hours of homework I did before coming). Thankfully, the hosts of the party put on a movie via projector and a bunch of blankets on the grass in the front yard. My mom and I laid down and took a nap.

It wasn't too fun, but I'm glad I scared a few kids.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'm dressing up as an M&M with two other friends, and I hope that I can scare the shit out of some weenies.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Yeah, M&Ms are pretty scary.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Well, M&Ms who jump out of bushes and who smear that fake blood on their faces can scare some kiddos. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I can never remember if you're like eight or old enough. Things like this helps.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I dressed up like a magician and broke the ice with strangers at parties by doing the one card trick I know. Drunk people are really easily amazed by simple card tricks. Hope everyone had a great Halloweekend and will have a spooky Halloween!

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
I’m grounded on Halloween. What a sad time.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Hey, me too.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

V

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Dang. What did you do? 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
We both snuck around.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

You pesky children are going to break your collarbones one of these days sneaking around.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I would be the one to do that, honestly.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

D

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I wanted to be the Mad Hatter, but didn't end up getting an outfit together in time... maybe next year.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'm gonna set up a bunch of decorations and whatnot, mainly near my porch. Then I'll leave a bowl of candy on the porch that says "take one," and then jump out of the bushes and scare any brat who has the nerve to take more than one.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Minnie, you should do that. I can't trust the children these days to be honest. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

T

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Get an airsoft gun and/or garden hose and show them what for if they do.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Genius. devil

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I am dressing up as the most low-budget thing ever, a Ranger of the North from Lord of the Rings. It's literally just a cloak. And I'll have my bow and quiver as well. Sadly, I can't bring a bow to school because it's a weapon and I could kill someone... But, as if someone would shoot up a school with a compound bow...

Well, at least I hope that I get a load of candy and junk on Halloween!

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

A plague Doctor!?... That's new to me lol. Don't forget to add some fake blood on your Scrubs for effect. I'm being Bubbles from The PowerPuff girls this Halloween. I'm not going to any parties though. Just getting as much candy and doing as many candy trades as I can. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
Was worrying that this Halloween wouldn't be spooky but luckily someone started streaking in our school parking lot. Judging by his one inch pecker my man was a grower.

But no seriously his dong was flying left and right, it was a quite a sight, the police were gentle with him too, thankfully for his nut sack.

Now I'm totally ready for tommorow.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Maybe I'll go with some relatives to some Halloween party. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

And here I was thinking Thara was some sort of loser.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I am still pretty much doing this with great apprehension on my part. I'm just trying to escape having to hand out candy again this year, as I'm pretty sure there will be less standing involved if I find somewhere to sit in the party. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Ah, so this is the better alternative. That helps, whatever was I thinking.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Yes, and there's a potential positive in this that the party just might be fun. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

*see below*

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I remind you, "with my relatives". Christ, and you're supposed to be like 15 or older.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

My relatives can be pretty entertaining. Oh, and the way they talk can be pretty fun in and of itself. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

What a fool I was, thinking you were weird. Apologies, you're so, so normal.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

You're more normal, Steve. Please do not apologize anymore, for I am still weird when it is required. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Whaddaya talkin about?

Handing out candy is fun.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I disagree, but it can be fun seeing whatever parent and child decided to be creative and not generic with their costumes. But I think I can get that from going to a random party, so blah. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

But you get to personally judge whether or not the child's costume is worth a king-sized snickers or a fun-sized milky way. Like some sort of St. Peter of halloween.

And you can eat the leftover candy.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'll need to strategize on getting rid of any potential leftover candy. Hmmm, probaly in ways that won't require extra brushing and flossing on my part maybe. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
pro strategy: swallow without biting. You won't have to brush or floss if you just gulp it all down.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I may require your expert experience on this matter later. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
Often learning is done with a more hands-on approach and it's best to address me formally as an expert in this matter. I'd be happy to help you practice using reusable environmentally conscious practice candy (easily cleaned, near infinite reusability). You don't have to worry about choking as my practice candy is fun sized.

Of course repitition is the best way to learn this skill. It takes a lot of experience to get to my level, but I believe you have the potential for it.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
Practically 0 children in my neighborhood and definitely 0 children on my street - only old people and some empty houses for sale. It will be a normal tuesday night.

Envy me.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Uh, I'll try.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
I have family visiting from out of state who are nuts about Halloween, so the past week has been nothing but cleaning and decorating, and tonight will require more effort and I'm expecting to go to work tomorrow without sleep.

I prefer just half assedly decorating and then hanging out to watch movies and hand out candy, this is exhausting.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'm going to school as Sheeta from Castle In The Sky, simply 'cos it's easy and I've got the necklace. Since I go to NERD SCHOOL, there are a considerable amount of people of ambiguous gender scantily clad in anime waifu/plague docter/indie music refrencey/gothic lolita belts and buckles, whistles and bells. It's pretty cool. I think the dean guy is dressed as an Egyptian pharaoh. I really crave skittles right now.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Halloween = discounted candy when Halloween is over.

Halloween = best holiday ever besides Valentines, and Christmas and...Well, every holiday that has chocolates that sell for insane prices during the actual event, and gets a 50-70% discount after it's over <3

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'm all in it for the discounted candy. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Gonna be taking my little cousins trick-or-treating, then I'll be going out and smashing pumpkins with a few friends after my cousins go to bed. Going out as a werewolf, originally considered Jason Vorhees (not the hockey mask Jason either, Jason from Part II when he only had the burlap sack) or a plague doctor (ha), but settled on werewolf because it was traditional and the mask was kickass.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
My cousin spent what I'm estimating to be several hundred dollars decorating and we worked on this house all week and now it's definitely going to rain lololol.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I went to school in my costume, and now my face feels weird from not having fabric/foam pressing up against it.

Also I spooked a few handfuls of people, and my mask didn't break. Mission accomplished. I plan on trick-or-treating tonight, so let's hope that goes well.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
I am Little Red Riding Hood, waiting to invite children to walk into what as far as they know, may or may or may not be a rape dungeon, with promises of candy.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I don't really understand how they would fall for a middle aged lady in a hood inviting them for candy. You're literally the witch from hansel and gretel.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
So the system we wound up with was me leading kids down the dark cobwebbed hall with a dealie making thunder and lightning on the walls, at which point I would pause and say I needed to check on my grandmother and knock on the bedroom door so that my uncle could jump out and scare them while channeling his inner crossdressing furry as the Big Bad Wolf in a nightgown and bonnet.

Then we'd go out the back door and across the screened porch with strobe lights and more spoopy sounds playing while I prattled about the spider problem and then go in through the other door from the porch and pretend to be surprised that there were witches in the kitchen.

My aunt and her friend had a cauldron with dry ice and a bunch of other props set up--lots of rubber critters and much abuse of glow stick innards and weird things in jars--and they'd ask the kids to throw frogs and snakes and eyeballs and things into the pot. Some of the kids got REALLY fucking into this part and I think my aunt spent half the night fishing the stuff back out so the next group could use it.

The dining room table had some black candles that dipped red wax when they burned and we'd made fingers and brains out of hot dogs and pasta and had other weird shit set up on the table, plus more cobwebs full of spiders and bugs.

The living room had a stuffed set of clothes webbed to the wall in the corner where the TV had been and I'd be like 'whoops THERE'S that kid, he went missing when the last group came through'. Then my cousin's husband was lying dead on the couch and I'd suggest the spiders must have gotten him too and then point out that he clearly didn't need the bucket of candy he was holding anymore, and he'd scare the crap out of them when they approached and then I'd take them from there through another door that led to the hall by the front. My uncle would be waiting right outside it for one last jump scare.

My cousin stayed out on the porch as the general greeter and dispenser of candy to WEAK LITTLE BABIES and younger kids who were unwilling to be scared.

We didn't get rained out after all and not including parents and bored teenagers I think we got over 50 kids. (But could only carry 100lbs back to camp.)

Anyway it was a lot more fun and a lot more kids than expected, I'm glad I allowed myself to be roped into it after all.

But anyway now I have to be at work in like four hours lol.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I literally had two people this year go trick or treating in my area.

That's pretty depressing so I'm just gonna eat all this candy I got left and pass out.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

That sounds hilarious and amazing, all at the same time!

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Got really plastered while dressed as Hunter S. Thompson. It was so appropriate 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Oh there you are. Everyone either thought you died or you and Sentinel ran off together.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I was dressed up as a disaster movie survivor. I basically made a cross of Mad Max and Book of Eli. Me and a group of friends headed down to a local pub and had some drinks while playing a few games of Betrayal at house on the hill. It was a relatively calm night since we are all in collage and had school/work in the morning.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

My mate was sent to a hospital, my best mate tried to slap me as I tried to help him, I lost my cool hat I stole before having to climb a roof to get it, another mate got so hammered he lost 30% of his grade because he couldn't go into college this morning, I threw up my noodles, there was a big old scrap between my lads and some Blough cunts, I smoked my lungs to death on an entire pack of fags and gave myself black lung, I scavenged a costume from atop a bin and a juke box and... I drank so much I don't remember another thing.

Fantastic night, doing it again tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh, and I nearly forgot, I drank paint thinner. Fucking hell, that bit was mad.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Was the paint thinner thing on a dare or was it just for the hell of it?

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Honestly, I don't remember why people were drinking paint thinner mixed with tanora, might I remember having some. I can't remember my reasoning, but thankfully it was only a small suppeen rather than anything else.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Party was meh, blah, and uh but that was to be expected from a kiddy one. Fortunately that wasn't the case with the other party... ahh, I do believe the soreness that kept me from performing my usual feats is the reward of what I think was a good night probably. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Not entirely sure what the cause of the soreness is or what feats you can supposedly do, but I gotta say a probably good night is better than an okay one I guess.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Umm, uhh, maybe when you're a bit older, Tim. I'll consider telling you all about the feats that big sister can do. Maybe. But in my opinion I do believe that you are correct on a good night being better than one that is simply just "okay." 

Well in any case I do hope that you've gotten plenty of candy. Did you?        

Also one of my feats may or may not be fancy party tricks. 

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Yes. I did get a lot of candy.

Which is a bad because I was passing it out and only two people came.

Now I have a large bucket of candy on my counter that I won't get the money back for.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

But now you have a large bucket of candy that you can consume, unless the majority of what you have doesn't strike your fancy.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago
If he bought shitty candy then being stuck with it is karma.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I'm sure Tim will find someone less fortunate than himself to dump all of his candy on if it is truly unwanted.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I was just made of money.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Geez, just wallow in your pile of candy then, Tim. :l

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Steve's calling bullshit, Thara had no non-family kiddy party, she made it up because she knows she's loser for spending her night with a family.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Hey now, Thara won't refute that she may just be loser as you say.                                                                                                  

But there was indeed a party, one that I can't quite recall all that much. :)

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Also calling bullshit you could possibly forget, the amount of drink required to forget a night is a shit load more than a type like you could down. Steve's bullshit detector is up in motherfucking flames.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

This amount of assumptions seems to be a bit high.  

I'll buy you a new meter since it seems needed. That is if it isn't fire resistant.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I mean, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt to assume you're not fat enough to need a shit ton of drink to even get drunk, if you are, then you getting blackout drunk is even less likely. Again, also assuming you're not a big drinker, which if you are, the amount required goes up again. Basic in total, Steve's calling bullshit across the board.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

I never said that I even drunk anything, that is what you're assuming in that head of yours. Maybe there were some magical candies involved, with there being quite a few wizards and witches about. (But between you and me they may have just been in costume...) or maybe there was a bit of both of the former and latter. Then again, maybe I have a poor memory and the party wasn't that memorable. Nobody will ever truly know, but that is fine.

But since you doubt my misadventures I will doubt yours involving paint thinner. There's a strong possibility that you simply imagined that happening and thought it was cool! Though it isn't as if I know or will be giving you the benefit of the doubt, since my own meter seems to be somewhere around here and is possibly misplaced.

Halloween Hype Thread

6 years ago

Well, me assuming drink made you forget was taking the only obvious pathway. Other than that, I can't think of a single reason you'd forget a night so much you were left to only assume it was good.

Feel free to doubt it, if you want. I mean, I did, and my general character record shouldn't put too far beyond the pale, but whatev.