Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Contest SHAME 8: EPIC SHAME

5 years ago

Can’t say I’m surprised that once again most of you fucked up spectacularly.

Anyway, lot of SHAMING this time, and not just the random noobs either. We’re talking some of the people that have actually won shit in the past. Fucking hell shit has fallen.

And Ebon must have lost his paladin abilities and liked whatever the fuck IBV gave him in the cell, because he insisted on following her into DOUBLE SHAMING.

Dumb ass is walking the path to damnation because of that whore. Even that weeb body pillow fucker Digit managed to submit something.

Better start getting your shit together Ebon.

PIT OF SHAME

AllenKudzu

Author4

awesomeness12

AzBaz

Bannerlord

betaband

Bilbo

bjhovey

Blazewhisker

BlueThread

Cat2002116

Chris113022

Claw2k11

Comply

Crescentstar

curtain64

DiniTheWizard

Doodled

DungeonLord

Everwriter

Fluxion

frank2

ISentinelPenguinI

JeffreyJabs

jep49

Journeyman

jster02

Kwism1127

Lallafa

Lancelot

lunamoonia1

NekoCat

Ogre11

p1_tjc

Providence

QingBo

RainGem

Raki

Rathalon1213

resistor

Romulus

RoyalGhost_007

Seto

ShowMeTheCode

SixtySnakes

SkullyZombies

Slasher

SpartacustheGreat (coins)

Thotfodder

ugilick

unturned

XNeoBurritoX

TWICE SHAMED

BenCrucifix

Chanbot (Ford)

EbonVasilis

Flamenod

insanebutvain

MasonJarGuzzi

MinnieKing

Mr.Mustachio

Plelb

Yellowbelly

BANNED AND SHAMED

CallMeFriend (Boringfirelion)

LADYHEAT24

Malkalack

MrAce

Negative (multiple times)

temporaryaccount

Tot

And of course because she likes leading by example, Mizal went and got herself SHAMED again too. Truly a shining example to all.

END'S CELL OF ETERNAL DISAPPOINTMENT

Mizal

That’s it, you’re all fucking terrible and remember, this is all Bucky’s fault.

5 years ago

we're all in the underworld, but mizal has been dismembered and cast into Tartarus where she may never take physical form again 

5 years ago
Lol. Great job IAP, Fluxiom, Ericyopy, Corgi (the Hell?), and Digit (wft!) for actually submitting something.

5 years ago

throws peanuts at the tormented souls

5 years ago

Is this a normal amount of people to have failed to submit anything for a contest?

5 years ago

There was one year a contest got canceled due to not enough people turning in stuff despite everyone claiming to be gung ho for it. There's been a couple of other times where a contest was nearly canceled due to very low turn out.

At least 4 submissions has always been the unofficial stance, but honestly I've never seen any reason to cancel a contest just because a bunch of people fuck up. If IAP for example had been the only person that submitted something, he would have just won by default.

Hell, even if nobody had turned in a story, the contest still wouldn't have been canceled and everyone would have just gotten SHAMED. Hopefully can get a total party kill one day.

5 years ago
Last contest had a good portion of people drop out, and the ones that made it were largely underwhelming.

So yeah... We may need to reevaluate how we incentivize people.

5 years ago

Well added Flux to the list since he requested it.

I think it's the first time we've had someone jump into the SHAME pit after they've already submitted something, so this is a real special occasion.

5 years ago
Does Romulus get an exemption if mizal confirms he died in Viking combat back in August?

5 years ago
I can't believe we listened to Bucky's crazy ideas, even he's never written anything close to a 60k story and we just led him pied piper us straight into the pit.

But I'm going to escape just as soon as we get a contest where a 4k word count is acceptable.

Anyway, congrats to IAP, Digit, and Corgi. All Villains and associates I might add...we decided to take it easy this time and let IAP lead a couple of the B-teamers out to do some pillaging for points, that's all.

5 years ago
That was very considerate of you guys. It doesn't sound very villain-y, though, unless you are planning to use me as an unsuspecting scapegoat in some grander scheme.

5 years ago
Congratulations to everyone who submitted something! I can't wait to read your entries.

5 years ago
Congrats to Corgi and Digit!

And Thanks to everyone else!

5 years ago

Haha, look at all the dumbasses who didn't turn something in, they're so... So... Oh yeah, my name's up there too.

Congrats to everyone who turned something in, and damn everyone who didn't (myself included, especially me actually).

5 years ago
Hahahaha Chris I can't believe you and Ebon lost to Digit.

5 years ago
Digit beat Chris, Ebon, Malk, Ogre, Romulus, and you.
What madness has this world come to when friggen Digit beats 6 featured authors!

5 years ago
It's almost exactly like that time you beat Ebon with bad fanfic. Dark days for the site indeed.

5 years ago
Lol, true. Eb hasn't had a break due to his self-inflicted wounds ever since early Spring.

5 years ago
He'd better turn in something for the next one... I'd hate to see him banned. Speaking of the next one I'm anxious to see what it is.

5 years ago
It's not hard to finish a game when there's no arbitrary word count. I want to see what theme @BerkaZerka is going for so I can get out of this gross cell. Seriously I'm afraid to touch any surface in here, there's no telling what those three got up to. :/

5 years ago
Same, (except for the cell part) I'm excited to see what the next theme will be. I might even grow some metaphorical balls and actually enter this time.

5 years ago

You should enter, would be good

5 years ago
Thanks Corgi! :) And congratz on this contest! I'm reading through your epic currently, it looks good so far. I'll leave a review when I'm done.

5 years ago
It was not arbitrary. You were just lazy.

5 years ago
Pfft. If it's so easy, where's yours?

5 years ago
the shift key is easy to press too

5 years ago
Welcome our new lord and savior: Digit "The Wetboi" Weebious I

5 years ago

The main problem is there have been non-stop contests here with no breather for quite some time. Even in the pre-2007 days, they weren't having as many as we have now.

We probably should just be holding 3 a year at most. And they should all be about 1 month as far as time limit is concerned.

5 years ago
I kind of like that there's always a contest going on. It gives people a chance to get involved and motivates people to write. Plus if one theme just doesn't suit you or you know you'll be busy there's always another one coming up. It probably sucks for the people who have to run and judge them though.

5 years ago
A lot of people in the chat seem burned out on them. Cutting them down to like 4 a year seems about right, at least for next year just to try it and give everyone a breather, we can see what participation looks like and go from there. One for you, Berka, Killa if he wants it and Bucky can have mine.

You could always jump in with one of your unofficial ones once in awhile since you are the force of Chaos and I don't think anyone would complain, but please give them a quick and merciful deadline, I'm not sure we can take too many more of these.

5 years ago

Would be fun to have a "Finish the Story You've Been Working On Contest"... or a "Rewrite Your Story Contest" where there's an award for best story and an award for most improved.

5 years ago

I've got a couple of different excuses I could use for my pathetic display of not completing this on time, but instead I'll just blame Bucky for giving us a difficult contest.

Even though I didn't complete it in time for the contest I still enjoyed writing this story and plan to continue with it, so hopefully it should be completed over the next couple of months.

Congrats to those of you that did complete it!

5 years ago

Not sure why everyone is blaming Bucky.  The contest was great and you all knew what you were getting into when you started.  It's no ones fault but your own if you got SHAMED. 

5 years ago

Because Bucky started this contest when we were all oofed on the last seven contests we had back-to-back.

5 years ago

I mean, it's not like you had to join

5 years ago
Shut up and leave the thread immediately.

5 years ago

Yes we do, dog man. Yes we do.

5 years ago

leaves a doggy poo

5 years ago
Shut up and stop roleplaying as a dog immediately what is wrong with you.

5 years ago

:P

5 years ago
You say that, but I remember everyone being extremely excited for this one even before it was even announced. Everyone started off with a ton of cool ideas and lots of energy, so I don't think you can really say they were burned out from other contests.

5 years ago

Shut the up with your logic.

5 years ago
End is just upset he has to pretend to read a lot of words. Mizal is thouroughly disappointed in herself and throwing things at me as a metaphor for her own self-hatred. The rest of the complainers just lack discipline.

But to their credit, if you’re going to fuck up, at least do it spectacularly so people can question how you even managed to fuck up so bad in the first place. And boy did they ever fuck up. Even Digit managed to submit a valid entry!

5 years ago

The struggle is real.

Anyway going to have to pretend to read the stories on the weekend.

5 years ago

I don't genuinely blame Bucky, that was just a poor attempt to be humorous on my part copying what other people had said above.

My reasons for failing this are entirely my own, and mostly come down to a mixture of poor time management, lack of prioritisation and just bad discipline. 

Still, even with the shame, I'm glad this contest happened, as I thoroughly enjoyed writing what I have actually got down so far of my story, and I'm looking forward to actually finishing it at some point.

5 years ago

I never entered this contest, why am I shamed?

5 years ago
You stay in the shame pit until you complete a conest entry.

5 years ago

So everyone has to enter a contest at some point?

5 years ago
No, it's not required. If you do enter and don't turn in anything, you get thrown in the Shame Pit. The only way out is to enter another contest and actually complete an entry. You don't have to win or anything, but you do have to go through with it. If you fail to turn in something in three contests in a row, you get banned.

5 years ago

Ahh okay, thank you for the clarification Leora. In other words, don't join a contest if you don't plan on following through. 

5 years ago
Yep ^_^