Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
To the normal people among you anyway who are going to enjoy turkey and (enjoy?) time with your family. But I know a lot of you are in fictional countries or else just depressed anxious sadsacks incapable of experiencing the human emotion of 'happy' in even the most fleeting ephemeral way so it's possible the title means nothing to you.

Report to the thread on how today went either way. I'm about to battle my way through the grocery store after swearing I wouldn't and doing everything possible to make sure I didn't need to, because I've been asked to make a pot of beans.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Lol fighting through the grocery store, cooking and slaving over a stove like a sucker.

We just bought a Boston Market full thanksgiving dinner as usual.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
My dad brings the turkey and ham so I just have to handle a few sides. Had everything I needed but then I was asked to do beans at the last minute because the 'boohoo I break out in hives and am in terrible pain if I eat gluten, also meat is murder please plan every meal around me' cousin is coming after all and for some reason we can't just tell her to go outside and graze.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
There's the easy way and the right way of doing things. I see where you stand.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

If I were American it would probably be one of my favourite holidays. Since I'm not, it will just be a day of neck pains and not-studying, and I will ignore the existence of Thanksgiving for yet another year. Enjoy your obese chickens and report about your wonderful family day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Snark is the new gratitude.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Oh yeah, Thanksgiving is a thing. I forgot about that. cheeky

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

I had to sit through a serious speech yesterday with this guy going on about how Thanksgiving was great due to the pilgrims laying the groundwork for America's ideals today and how we go around helping the rest of the world and how this is just the best place ever.

Then he also started going into Christian based morals and used an example of a radical Islamist who chopped off the head of a baby because it was born a girl and made the mother bathe her hands in its blood. And then mentioned how we're really good at killing the bad guys and he was glad about that as ironic as it seemed due to...y'know the whole peace and love part of the bible. (Then he asked if he could get an amen)

He also mentioned that how glad he was when his son was born (He'd had 4 daughters before) and how much he loved him, etc. And then said that if he had a "lifeline" to choose between his son and everyone sitting in the room for this dinner, everyone in the room would die. He was trying to use this as a comparison though I guess since he then brought up that God allowed his son to die for everyone else so it was an example of how good he was and that we should strive to be closer to God.

Again, this dude was completely serious.

Personally I'm glad he delved into killing the bad guys and chopping off baby heads and bathing in their blood stuff, because if he hadn't it would have been a boring ass speech. Always appreciate more Old Testament sentiments than New Testament stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Where does one even sign up for this stuff? Lol

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Lol, where was this?

I thought it was pretty accepted by now that the pilgrims were cunts. The Spaniards were here building things and eating meals with / wiping out the natives long before them anyway, I'm kind of sick of hearing about pilgrims and all the 'early' settlements that just happen to be near the places where the colleges people wrote history books from wound up.

But yeah smart move bringing up baby beheadings, I'm willing to bet that's the only reason you are able to stay awake.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

It was a Christian based company and we were eating in a warehouse (Long story. Lol) so the patriotism and Christian stuff was hardly surprising, but again baby beheadings was a nice addition.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Because that's what Thanksgiving is all about. ^_^

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
The joy of Thanksgiving is derived from turkey, gravy, stuffing, potatoes, cranberries, baked corn, green beans & almonds, butter, bread, coffee, cake, pumpkin pie, apple pie, alcohol, and the satisfaction of watching a happy dog lick a plate clean.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Never heard someone enjoying a decapitated baby blue rare.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Well your idea of a Thanksgiving dinner is probably switching the usual chicken nuggets and chips with turkey twizzlers and potato smiles, you uncultured troglodyte. cheeky

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

They don't have Thanksgiving in England, although we'll have a turkey dinner on Sunday, since I'm an American.  Black Friday has caught on here, though, I'm sorry to report.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Still wish this was a real movie.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Wait... Youtube allows boobies now? surprise

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Youtube's Gestapobots have been known to miss a lot more than that on occasion.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Well I was planning a write up here but it turns out my brain doesn't work well on turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
I kind of feel like grabbing some scissors and cutting off most of my hair after everyone leaves, it's really been pissing me off today. I joke about a lot but I really might do it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
I don't know why I posted that. I think I might be slightly tipsy actually, it doesn't take much.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Following in the footsteps of Axiom's recent hair chopping endeavor I see.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Yes I was inspired by that, I keep thinking I need to get it cut by never get around to it and so that was like this revelation, why don't I do it myself, what could possibly go wrong.

Anyway I think that was more sleep deprived babbling than drunk posting, but if it was the latter I think I did pretty well here and in the Discord for my first time being drunk with admin power, nothing too regrettable was said and I didn't accidentally ban anyone out delete anything important.

But I spent twenty crucial minutes just as people started arriving in my room trying to get my hair to resemble a thing that belonged on a human head and not some terrifying rat's nest, then I finally just crammed it in a clip since it wasn't cooperating and even that was a struggle since the clip was barely big enough, and later it all escaped and I had to go off and fix it again, ugh. Time I prefer to spend thinking about /messing with my hair would be more like thirty seconds a day.

I didn't actually cut it though I just passed out in a chair somewhere in the middle of cleaning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

I had the same idea a few months ago and ended up buying myself a pair of clippers. Men's hair is easier to cut, so I figured why not cut my own hair, save some money, and avoid the dreaded Asian lady. I quickly discovered that it's a lot harder than it seems, especially since I keep my hair on the longer side because I like rock music and doing coke with strippers. The nice thing about being a dude is that if I fuck it up too bad, I can just shave it all off and it wouldn't look out of the ordinary.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
I used to ask my mother cut mine when I lived with my parents cause all I really wanted was short and simple which really isn't worth $20 and a drive and a wait at the haircut place. Grandmother on my father's side I think still cuts my uncle's and some of my cousins hair; good way to save money. I wish I could do it on my own but it's hard to get the back of my head. Some day I'll probably train leora to do it for me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Man, that's the way to do it. In high school, I had a friend cut my hair for free and then I'd pocket the haircut money from my parents...Then I came home with a mohawk and my mom put a stop to that real fast. Lol.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
I'm still going to do this, my plan is to leave it just long enough to roll up and shove in a clip to disguise any uneven ends if I fuck it up. I just need to buy some anti-frizz stuff first since it gets super curly if it's short.

I like the haircutter I used to go to, he's the same guy who did my mom's hair when she was in highschool but literally all I need is for someone to just hack it off in a straight line and that's not worth paying so much for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago

Do it Mizal! Mulan cut her hair and she ended up becoming the hero of China! ^_^

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
Spent all morning trying to fix my car my dad. Just about everything has been falling apart on it. Spent the afternoon helping my mom get ready for her family coming over. I ate some food then and played Cataan with my cousins. Oh, my brother want into an awkward, weird rant with how much he hates some 26 yo house of representatives lady from NY... but we're from MO and he never set foot in NY in his life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
You know, everybody always jokes about stuffing themselves on Thanksgiving, but it's the day after that the real gluttony begins. I'm off today so slept in till 7:30, got up and finished cleaning, and then it's like 9AM, I'm not even the slightest bit hungry but it's like 'welp, time to start resolutely chewing through anything I didn't already freeze, I've only got three days and I'm working on one of them, this will take great fortitude and strategic planning.'

Breakfast: giant bean and turkey taco and four deviled eggs. Scoop of dressing and cranberry sauce. One Paula Deen butter bar I ate while waiting on the microwave. I'm going to gain 15 pounds over this weekend. (from the butter bar alone)

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 years ago
I didn’t even know when thanksgiving was until last year, when I was living with some Americans. We celebrated and to be fair the food was absolutely cracking, kind of like a nice warm up to Christmas dinner a month early.