Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
ROLL OF HONOUR – 1 FEBRUARY 2020:

COURT OF COMMENDATIONS

The Nobles
King EndMaster, Immortal Exemplar amongst the Marauders (1,485 Commendations)
Prince Steve24833, Ordained Exemplar amongst the Sages (902 Commendations)
Duke BerkaZerka, Lauded Exemplar amongst the Sages (843 Commendations)
Marquis SindriV, Sovereign Exemplar amongst the Wardens (730 Commendations)
Earl Ogre11, Pre-Eminent Exemplar amongst the Architects (693 Commendations)
Viscountess Mizal, Lauded Exemplar amongst the Sages (435 Commendations)
Baron Bill_Ingersoll, Esteemed amongst the Architects (406 Commendations)
Count Will11, Esteemed Exemplar amongst the Architects (393 Commendations)
Chamberlain Gower, Notorious Exemplar amongst the Marauders (364 Commendations)
Captain Crescentstar, Esteemed Exemplar amongst the Architects (222 Commendations)

The Knights
Sir Killa_Robot, Esteemed Exemplar amongst the Architects (215 Commendations)
Sir WouldntItBeNice, Notorious amongst the Marauders (205 Commendations)
Sir MinnieKing, Lauded amongst the Sages (204 Commendations)
Sir Pugpup1, Infrangible Exemplar amongst the Wardens (199 Commendations)
Sir Ninjapitka, Notorious amongst the Marauders (188 Commendations)
Sir Azbaz, Infrangible amongst the Wardens (185 Commendations)
Lady TharaApples, Lauded amongst the Sages (184 Commendations)
Sir EbonVasilis, Exemplar amongst the Architects (165 Commendations)
Sir Chris113022, Infrangible amongst the Wardens (163 Commendations)
Sir Simplesabley, Notorious Exemplar amongst the Marauders (160 Commendations)

Honourable Mentions
Apprentice AppDude27, Exemplar amongst the Sages (159 Commendations)
Apprentice Solostrike, amongst the Marauders (140 Commendations)
Apprentice TSMPaul, Exemplar amongst the Marauders (140 Commendations)
Apprentice Avery_Moore, Exemplar amongst the Marauders (137 Commendations)
Apprentice casmith, Exemplar amongst the Marauders (136 Commendations)
Apprentice TheWriterInTheDark, Exemplar amongst the Marauders (128 Commendations)
Apprentice StrykerL, amongst the Sages (117 Commendations)
Apprentice Cricket, amongst the Architects (116 Commendations)
Apprentice Romulus, Infrangible Exemplar amongst the Wardens (112 Commendations)
Apprentice FeanorOnForge, Exemplar amongst the Marauders (111 Commendations)
Apprentice Cameleon, amongst the Architects (106 Commendations)

THE POINTS LEAGUE

0: The Gods Alexp, BerkaZerka, Chocobot, Cysid, EndMaster, Madglee and March5th00 (Infinite Points)

1: The Reader JJJ-thebanisher (5,848 Points).

2: The Grandmaster of the Written Word Ogre11 (5,823 Points)
3: The Grandmaster of the Written Word TheNewIAP (5,223 Points)
4: The Grandmaster of the Written Word Will11 (4,498 Points)
5: The Grandmaster of the Written Word Mizal (4,007 Points).

6: The Master Scrivener TharaApples (3,986 Points)
7: The Master Scrivener Fleshnblood_78 (3,880 Points)
8: The Master Scrivener Reverencia (3,646 Points)
9: The Master Scrivener Sethaniel (3,559 Points)
10: The Master Scrivener ThePirateCaptain (3,393 Points)
11: The Master Scrivener Seto (3,372 Points)
12: The Master Scrivener Kumquat (3,076 Points)
13: The Master Scrivener Solostrike (3,020 Points).

14: The Expert Scrivener BradinDvorak (2,977 Points)
15: The Expert Scrivener MadHattersDaughter (2,960 Points)
16: The Expert Scrivener October (2,802 Points)
17: The Expert Scrivener Steve24833 (2,783 Points)
18: The Expert Scrivener Avery_Moore (2,735 Points)
19: The Expert Scrivener Bucky (2,702 Points)
20: The Expert Scrivener Romulus (2,632 Points)
21: The Expert Scrivener WouldntItBeNice (2,595 Points)
22: The Expert Scrivener Gower (2,525 Points)

23: The Journeyman Scrivener MinnieKing (2,224 Points)
24: The Journeyman Scrivener Tanstaafl (2,135 Points)
25: The Journeyman Scrivener galobttr (2,069 Points)

26: The Apprentice Scrivener simplesabley (1,976 Points)
27: The Apprentice Scrivener Mayana (1,969 Points)
28: The Apprentice Scrivener Cricket (1,874 Points)
29: The Apprentice Scrivener TSMPaul (1,865 Points)
30: The Apprentice Scrivener Rommel (1,840 Points)
31: The Apprentice Scrivener Havacoman (1,808 Points)
32: The Apprentice Scrivener RobustSporadic (1,674 Points)
33: The Apprentice Scrivener ISentinelPenguinI (1,671 Points)
34: The Apprentice Scrivener SindriV (1,666 Points)
35: The Apprentice Scrivener Bill_Ingersoll (1,601 Points)
36: The Apprentice Scrivener JMgSkills (1,571 Points)
37: The Apprentice Scrivener urnam0 (1,569 Points)
38: The Apprentice Scrivener Anubis (1,546 Points)
39: The Apprentice Scrivener Chris113022 (1,516 Points)
40: The Apprentice Scrivener ninjapitka (1,510 Points)

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
So I have popped back up with the Roll of Honour after a mere break of ten months :D Essentially anyone with 100 or more Commendations or 1,500 or more points (Apprentice Scrivener and above) will get a mention, incidentally if I have failed to include anyone I should have (particularly among the Scriveners) or made any mistakes please let me know :) This is just a bit of fun which will hopefully encourage a few people to chase commendations and points a bit. (25 is galobttr btw with 2,069 points, I don't know why his name didn't pop up).

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
I had to look up what galobttr even was, and the answer was: no one. This user does not exist, even as someone with a string of numbers attached to their name. Where's you find this list, Will?

As far as I know the one Ford made is still broken.

And I got a chuckle at Kumquat sitting up there above so many members who actually have done things.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
That is a good question, he was on an earlier roll I think so he might have come from Ford's list? If this bizarrely named individual is a figment of my imagination I'll snip him out of the next list. Yeah, it's funny that some members who haven't been active for several years managed to gather so many points they are far above the actually active members :D Though there are quite a few Expert Scriveners who have contributed a lot recently :) It might be worth mentioning Thara, Brad, MadHattersDaughter Simplesabley and Mayana are all very close to moving up a rank.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
They got fat and lazy off those daily points until JJJ kicked them off of welfare.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Old galobttr, yeah, I remember him. He was pretty active back in the cys golden era.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
I'm so confused now. Plugging the name into profile links just dump you back on the front page, and nothing comes up I a user search. Unless everyone has been misspelling it, this account doesn't exist.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Last time I remember seeing the Roll of Honour, I wasn't even on it lmao.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
I mean I don't know what is the point of that except being a complete discouraging tactics, for new people. It kinda looks like Do you see this list... Well, you will never be here looser. Still, it has the usefulness of making new people humble.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Everyone in the list was a newbie at some point.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Yeah, well, that doesn't encourage anyone. It is a thing I have with the honour lists, They only objective is that the people who are there jerking off how mighty they are and how much they are above the rest. It is basically the origin of all titles bragging about them to the lessers. And Like I am a lesser and I will never be in that list well I have to be the grumpy peasant complaining about the fancy noble lords with their titles.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Laying aside the truly meaningless nature of pretend hierarchy, an old adage comes to mind:

"Don't hate someone because of their enterprise."

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Obviously, I will hate the people that have stuff I want. What I should do kiss their ass? lol

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
But doesn't wanting something count as motivation?

If so, then this should thread should qualify as encouragement.

(You're Welcome.)

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Lol, Pfff... Probably End Would recommend me to say LOL FAG.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
^v^

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Shoo, peasant. You're blocking my view.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
That's the spirit!

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
I guess it depends, could be an encouragement or a discouragement or both at different times :) To get onto the points thing a person just needs to rate just about every story on the site, write some stuff and make some contributions, 1,500 is easily achievable within a year :) The same with the commendations, a few thoughtful reviews and forums posts and you're away!

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Well, for me is totally impossible but I guess It could be realistic for a very talented natives. Still, I will stop complaining about the list. And let the nobles brag about their fat pen... titles.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
That's right, it's totally impossible unless you read and rate as many games and get involved with the community as much as people like Cricket have. And whining about the work other people have done is way easier than doing the same things yourself obviously.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
I will never have a review commented or anything and my English is not good enough for making articles. So basically I can't put me in that list. lol

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Well you seem pretty determined but you have nearly 600 points so you're nearly halfway there already :) Rate the stories and keep writing and you'll zoom up there, it's not an elitist thing but a recognition of achievement thing (I used to keep track of everyone with 1,000 and over but it got too tiring!) and just an arbitrary and for-fun thing I made up more my own personal entertainment than anything else. End Master isn't really a king, though that would be an interesting concept :D

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
*loser

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Loser? Yes, It is a way of watching it. I see it Communist way Like I will never have the fancy titles, I will do all possible to they lost them. :) It is a joke, I am used to see people bragging about titles that I will never get from Cog

Roll of Honour

4 years ago

Honor rolls are generally used to inspire people. And not just the people on it - to inspire everyone else they can make it if they work hard towards a goal.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
I recognize that I am a pessimistic downer with not self-esteem. It is totally true. So for me this kind of Honor stuff It is like a Big neon sign Saying How much I suck. I only feel inspired to be cranky and fussy like an old grandma. Still, I am a stubborn hard worker and someday in several years I hope be in the list. It is question of working really hard and constant every day. I still follow up my system of write 1,000 words every day.

Still, at least in my culture the only reason to be on honor rolls is to hear your parents and family brag about how my Kid is in the homour list in their promotion.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
To get this thread back on topic after Mara's regularly scheduled meltdown... Will pls I've got 1.5k points, 163 comms, and two featured stories, gib trophy I beg

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Imagine autsitically going through and searching the site manually for users who meet set criteria instead of autistically coding a script to parse the site for you and format the data in thread-post format with hyperlinks included instead of just plaintext.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
Ford, fix your broken list and update it.

Although just an fyi to Will, if you @ the usernames next time that will turn them into links to profiles for many of us.

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
No worries @Mizal :) I didn't think to do that :D Haha Sometimes I feel like everyone else is in the computer lab while I'm in the cave next door huddled over a pile of twigs chipping two stones together and saying something like "come on guys, I want to cook something" :D

Roll of Honour

4 years ago
You should really get the extension, if you use Windows. It just makes actually reading things so much more comfortable in addition to all the other little features. You don't need to do anything special to install it, just click and say yes. You get a bunch of new options in your profile (like this) and then when you're reading you can max out the storygame pop up and it looks like this. (Or you can use Light Mode for a more recognizeable CYS aesthetic, but I just can't do the text on the white screen anymore...)