Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

hello?

3 years ago
never seen this website before, but I wanted to make a choose your own adventure story, so... here I am, I guess.

hello?

3 years ago
Welcome!

All the best wishes to you and your storygame!

hello?

3 years ago

If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to reach out to other members :)

Welcome to the community

hello?

3 years ago
I find it ironic that you are the one who wrote this :P

hello?

3 years ago

Wanna make a good first impression ^-^

hello?

3 years ago

Cheesecake makes for an excellent first impression, trust me!

hello?

3 years ago
What is it with you and the cheesecake? I have not failled to notice your story comments btw.

hello?

3 years ago

I prefer not to go into detail. It would be the longest fifteen minutes you've spent reading something that feels more like a steady stride across a balance beam that wavers every few seconds. Anyway, it's just decent in general... enough to get anyone in line.

hello?

3 years ago

o: cheesecake

hello?

3 years ago
I'm sure he's full of useful advice on what not to do by now.

hello?

3 years ago
Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions.

We have generally pretty high standards and critical feedback is encouraged here, so make sure you proofread and all that. I'd advice reading and rating a few of the more popular stories to get a sense of what readers are looking for and what the editor is capable of.

hello?

3 years ago
"I'm not sure what this is yet, but I'll try to keep at least the first parts of it short so the reader can get to making choices faster. It's in a more mature category now because I might include some violence, gore, or themes that people may be sensitive to."

Don't worry about cutting out story, it's the most important aspect of what you're writing, so don't hesitate to fill up pages with hundreds of words. We've got a community of readers!

hello?

3 years ago
Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your time here.

hello?

3 years ago
Check out some of the higher rated storygames. You'll notice they all have one thing in common: they were finished. So many do not. That's the main weakness most of us have (including myself): laziness. If you can finish what you start, and you can put coherent sentences and ideas together, you'll well on your way to CYS immortality (as a soldier in EndMaster's undead army).