Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CoG cleaning up its revolting community

2 years ago

Okay, there is WAY too much shit to screen shot, but the long story short is CoG's attempting to deal with the mess it's made of things due to Jason sticking his foot in his mouth all the time and generally having the mods go around like the Gaystopo bullying the tumblrinas and deleting their posts on the forums, reddits, and even their own tumblrs.

Link!

Read through it at your leisure.

Here's some choice posts calling them out on their bullshit though.

It goes on like this. Others can post other bits.

Anyway apparently this Tumblrina is the main one who bitched to Jason over Zoom or whatever the fuck.

Link to the gripe

Again it goes on for awhile. Though again here's some choice bits.

As I said, it goes on like that, however I don't understand what sort of feminine penis hard on all these faggots have for Mara.

Seriously, Mara's like one of the least offensive people over there. Where the fuck did she say anything about pedo shit? (Or incest for that matter?) She's always been against anything like that. Hell, she gets triggered when rape or something similar is even suggested.

Honestly, I have no idea what any of these faggots want anymore and I'm sure glad we live in the land of freedom that is CYStia.

2 years ago

Oh here's a good one going on about CoG policing the internet.

And holy shit, Mara's got a lynch mob on her!

And finally, more CoG supression of free speech

And things fair no better on their Reddit...

Link!

Lol.

2 years ago
Isn't the same thing happening on Board Game Geek?

Heavy handed mods silencing everyone who wants to discuss the heavy handed modding I mean, not the weird hate train for Mara. That's all CoG.

One of the new mods (the one that drew the short straw and has been referring all this) did bring up a good point though, they've got people hollering for less mod control when it's them and stricter mod action when it's someone they disagree with, all in the same breath.

What a negative and disharmonious community. I blame their inner strife and lack of chill on the fact they banned Mahatma Endmaster for posting on an entirely different forum and criticizing the way they ran things. He just had a way with people and everyone was constantly clicking the little hearts on his posts because of an the love and good writing advice he spread. It's very sad.

2 years ago
Mara apparently had some characters having sex at 17, so now she's a pedophile, like all Europeans who follow the laws of their countries.

I do find the continued focus on her hilarious, but it sort of underlines what I've always said about these woke types being very Wealthy White American in culture. And forcing their ways on their moral and intellectual lessers of course, as is tradition.

Anyway, can't read all this at the moment. I'm sure CoG won't stop CoGGing anytime soon, but just about anything is progress. I've been in communities that turned into North Korea with those fun 'discussing mod actions in public OR in private OR on other sites is DEATH' policies before, it's ultimately unenforceable and the surest sign a mod team has gone loco with power and will shortly be choking out an entire community until only sycophants are left.

2 years ago

Europeans are legitimately all pedophiles, though 

2 years ago

"a pedophile, like all Europeans who follow the laws of their countries" . Is that an ironic remark on the situation or a cliche I need to debunk ?  (I came across your comment while reading random posts here and there, and I want to make sure I don't get anything wrong)

2 years ago
I was referring to the fact that age of consent was slightly lower in most other countries, and at any rate a couple of fictional 17 year olds having sex like in the example they're accusing Mara over doesn't make her a pedo.

But since you're here now, didn't you guys JUST finally make it count as rape to have sex with 12 year olds? Like literally less than a month ago?

2 years ago

There is indeed a recent law that reinforce the existing laws about rape and other similar crimes. Laws like this existed before of course (obviously having sex with 12 years olds isn't normal), but there has been a lot of scandals about changing the charge of rape to something less exacerbating .

The recent law you are probably referring to is more strict, stating straight away that an act between a 18 year olds (the legal age of majority in France) and a 15 or lower is directly considered as a rape. The law also include incest acts, which are directly nto tolerated under 18 years olds.

2 years ago
But obviously the only correct action that would satisfy the widest spread of people would be to put Jason in time out for good.

Drawing and quartering him may be nice to think of, but it would unfortunately only increase the ease of putting his foot in his mouth.

2 years ago

Here's Jason being as personable as ever.

Oh and hey, it wouldn't be a CoG dramafest if WE didn't get mentioned somehow. Special shout out to Briar! (AKA Avery, oh and Mara again)

Lol. Just lol.

2 years ago
Lol, Jason just can't help himself.

That other person is just a troll though, Briar/Avery made a thread detailing how JASON and some others on the mod staff treated her, she's been nothing but supportive of other authors though. Making accusations like that is a classic tactic though. It's what was said that sticks in people's minds, not the fact that no proof or details were provided. That's another reason we archive everything here, unlike other communities that ban people for false or trumped up reasons only after deleting all evidence. (And then forbidding it from being mentioned or questioned.)

Really I think everyone makes a pretty clear distinction between Jason and Dan's actions, the volunteer staff, and the authors themselves, regardless of which of these individual people are currently being irrational cunts.

But just pointing out that Jason is clearly lying too--he has an account here and has posted several times. As does Dan.

2 years ago

Clearly it's true that the only thing that people think about is what was said, even without proof, since they're all angry at mara for being a pedo-rapist-monster and there's literally no proof of this.

2 years ago

"We don't go to other forums looking to get people in trouble"

On top of being a turbotarded prick, he's also a liar.

2 years ago
Yeah, I loled at that too. That's the thing that pretty much defines how CoG and their satellite site Intfiction.org is run at this point, and the Tumblr and reddit that 'rebelled' against them too. Being the self appointed patrollers of other communities and searching out things to ban people over. (Instead of just for the lols as is good and natural.)

Someone is surely going to call him out for all the Tumblr people they banned at the very least, for the crime of criticizing CoG on Tumblr. That was very recent. It wasn't even necessarily an unreasonable action, but now that he is outright denying it....

2 years ago
I indeed loled at this one:

“…also gives the impression that COG cares more about maintaining their image than about racism/transpohobia…”

What? A "company" cares about who people view it? How DARE they. We woke alphabet people demand you care more about transphobia than your company actually, you know, surviving!

2 years ago

Huh. That's interesting. I don't recall harassing anyone, or using slurs against any Hosted Games writers. In fact, I can't recall saying anything negative about any Hosted Games writers since I can't for the life of me think of a single Hosted Games writer that I've ever had an issue with... But maybe I just have a really bad memory? I mean, if some rando on the internet said it then I guess it must be true. :p

2 years ago

Honestly none of us have harassed anyone.

Harassing would mean we'd have to bother with doing something.

About the most we do is take screenshots of public dumb shit people have said on various public sites and mock their fucktardery.  Not "harassment" in any sense of the word unless you're being a whining faggot about "mean words"

All of which is pretty amusing since the rest of these IFaggots are pretty much harassing Mara, Avery, etc.

2 years ago
It's always someone from elsewhere coming here, frowning at us all in silence, then weakly retaliating for ??? from the safety of their own site, with zero communication.

CYS has won every battle and started none of them.

Not publishing Price of Freedom was CoG's loss, and burning a library's worth of reviews on their own games just to get at you was Intfiction's. They really need to stop hitting themselves.

2 years ago

I like the wording of "Hell, she gets triggered when rape or something similar is even suggested."

Because of course, over here we suggest rape a lot as a solution to problems.

2 years ago

Apparently there was this thread too. Something about not post shaming someone. (Yes, I shake my head at such madness as well)

Link!

They had a big argument over THAT as well, which probably lead up to the current one.

Again it goes back and forth a bit, with Eiwynn starting it off, Gower trying to maintain order, Jason and even Dan chiming in and a lot of people complaining or sucking CoG dick, but this sums it up.

Aaaaaaand locked. Lol.

2 years ago
Is Shameposting like that time Jason made an entire thread to call Avery a bad forum citizen for disagreeing with him? (And then locked it so that only he could post there?)

2 years ago

Mogalas et al. seem to be a bunch of bootlickers who want more moderation rather than less. In fact, they want Jason to be more involved in moderation since apparently he's such a level-headed arbiter of justice whose only fault is letting his moderators get too lax, and unsurprisingly, that's the only major change Jason agreed to since it feeds his lust for power.

2 years ago

Lol, someone calling Eiwynn a terrible human being. Surprised nobody has called her out for having an account here. (Though she's not really active)

Responses to some CoG mod calling moderation "an art"

At least they didn't call modding a sport I guess. That would have just been downright wacky.

2 years ago
I'm with the first guy. Modding is an art. It's theater, specifically.

2 years ago

And here's Dan doing damage control at the IF Forums.

Link!

Lol. They already flagged the OP's posts into oblivion.

2 years ago
Dan is pretty much a snake oil salesman, but he's still so much better at PR than Jason ever was.

Gotta wonder why someone who hates how CoG is run so much just doesn't go somewhere else though. But that goes for pretty much all of these people.

2 years ago

It's honestly astounding how Jason has been treating his customers like shit for years and has somehow gotten away with it for the most part. Even I admit than when dealing with very annoying customers I sometimes daydream about speaking to them like Jason does. Of course I never go through with it because I want to keep my job. But Jason does it with EVERY customer. I don't know if the average CoGite is just a glutton for punishment or if they're all so extremely American they're used to getting everything from the internet and it's been decades since they've interacted with an irl manager/salesman so they just don't know any better.

2 years ago
It basically seems like the average CoG forum user and community participator (at this stage of things) is where they try to farm their authors from, while the average CoG reader is some normal retarded teenager like Kar or Ace.

So the forum goers like most "creative types" not given any reality checks for their egos are about how you'd expect, whining about their feelings all over the place and mentally fragile and so on. Some of them, I don't think they CAN leave, because where else will they find a forum where everyone strokes their ego for talking about a story they're thinking of writing, or one that provides a "feelings" thread where they can go on about how they imagine throwing themselves in front of every truck that passes them by because they're sad for no reason again. We can't just assume they perceive and react to things like other people would.

2 years ago
Did anything else ever happen with this? Not to break kayfabe or anything but gotta be honest, it's been a real struggle mustering any interest in CoG drama lately. Maybe just because I'm working too much, or maybe because they're in such a constant state of it the novelty's worn off.

CoG and Intfiction/the IFDB and wherever else are all sort of blurring together for me now, they're run by an absolutely miserable handful of mealy mouthed weasels who say one thing and do another and I feel genuinely bad for anyone caught up in all this who just wants to play some fkn games or write. But then a lot of those people are terrible too so whatever. (Recalling that it was assholes from intfiction fucking around harassing us on on forum, the IFDB and across multiple discords that started the "conflict" there, and now these splinter groups from CoG have become obsessed with stalking us and whining and using some pretty savage bullying tactics on Mara as usual, because they've already lost focus on their alleged goal.)

I do think our threads here are important to archive what the other sites want to hide and to give the assorted refugees a place to vent they wouldn't be allowed elsewhere, but it's just REALLY hard for me to pretend to care about what the lesser communities are up to, let alone the even less significant subs and tumblrs that splinter off of those, so I won't be bothering anymore unless something excessively wacky happens.

If you don't like CoG just stop giving them money, you babies. There's no lack of other options if you're really in it just for playing games and writing.

I truly am grateful for CYS and everyone here though, we have everything we could ever need here on our island.

2 years ago

Haven't heard anything else from our usual sources and I haven't bothered to look again since it all started to repeat itself. (AKA getting boring)

I figure we can just ask Gower for the post game wrap up of how it was all resolved (If it gets resolved)

2 years ago
The only really funny thing about the more recent drama was Jason saying he "obviously doesn't go to CYS", when obviously he does and obviously takes it all very personally. Same with all these other places he's allegedly not paying attention to, and yet somehow the bans keep coming when he's criticized anywhere on the internet.

I don't even really see this as specifically a CoG issue, it's just sort of morbidly interesting to me that the megafaggots in the rest of the IF community have universally taken it upon themselves to police the entire internet. (And the Tumblr and reddit folks aren't innocent, they're doing the same thing.)

That surely can't go wrong.

2 years ago
It makes me sad that these people do not even know the whole story with Briar, and just decide to call her a person who's protected by mods, and I guess is generally just a bad person for being a CYS citizen.

This not only could not be any farther from the truth, as Briar is really nice and how she was treated by CoG was pretty unexcusable, but also really shows that average CoG people will seek to shame anyone if it means they'll win an argument.

Who's the real bad people here.

2 years ago
I only saw one person in the screenshot, and for all we know they're just a shit stirrer. I know it's pretty easy for redditors to go back in someone like that's history and get an idea of how legit they're being though

Pretty sure most people realize it's not possible to be simultaneously protected by the mods, and treated like shit, publicly slandered and lied about by mods who are in the middle of
breaking a contract with you, all for the crime of disagreeing with Jason in an argument.

Their treatment of Avery literally put her in a hospital, that's some "protection" all right.

2 years ago

Awh, thanks Tim. ^_^

2 years ago
Shut up Briar, no one asked you.

2 years ago

... :'(