Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago

Anyone have any ideas of what to make? It would be great if you replied! Thank you.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
Sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas. Everyone is a fan of something though, so maybe you could write fanfiction or something?

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
Well, I personally just whack mine off Tumblr when I have no ideas, there are some pretty cool ones there

I'll just put some (fiction prompts) down here:

- Your kid calls you into their room one night, "there's something under the bed." You go down to check it out and upon inspection see your child under the bed and they whisper, "I think there's a monster under the bed."

- You drop a small piece of food on the floor and decide to kick it under the fridge/couch/whatever because you honestly can't be bothered to pick it up. As you're walking away, you hear a quiet, "Thank you" from under it.
(This is one of my personal favorites)

- One day you suddenly start hearing muffled voices and the amount of them slowly increases. Eventually, you find out that they are praying to you and they are people in the stories that you created. Somehow they have gained sentence and discovered that you created their world.

- A demon that writes messages on your mirror with blood, but they're helpful messages like 'remember you have yoga at five pm'

- AU - You live in a world where we can see the exact date everyone dies except for yourself, then one day, everyone starts being nice to you, like REALLY nice.

- When you wish upon a star, it's actually a satellite, your wish had been recorded and archived, and an agent has been assigned to your case.

- Your doorbell rings and upon opening it, you find a person from an alternate universe, I just want you to know that you are my favorite book character! I know how the story ends and I want to change it!"
(Plot twist : They are also your favourite book character)

I hope this helped :) (Sorry if it didn't)

Ideas for Stories?

one year ago

Your kid calls you into their room one night, "there's something under the bed." You go down to check it out and upon inspection see your child under the bed and they whisper, "I think there's a monster under the bed."

This is the one I chose, I thought I had already posted this but thanks to you. Right now I am currently working on some stories, they should be published one day.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
Here’s my take on these ‘idea’ threads.

Ideas only sound and work well with the original author for most of the time. When formulating an idea, the author’s brain automatically fills in what makes it a functioning storyline, therefore, when receiving an idea from someone else, it(in my case) may sound unnatural or feel clunky.

Of course, I’m not saying that people sharing their ideas out or asking for them are bad, not at all. What good comes out of that, is inspiration.

Inspiration, although similar to an idea, is a product of your own mind. It’s what stimulates your creativity, and feels the most natural to you.

In conclusion, I believe that plainly taking another’s idea and trying to make a story out of it is not the most effective way of writing. Instead, take the initiative to look through some of the proposed suggestions and pick out what seems the most compelling/interesting to you, then brainstorm. What makes it effective? What might you want to expand upon?

That’s what I feel, anyway.

Tell us, what sections and genres are you interested in? What kind of writing style do you think is nice, and what kind of story is it tied to? Context is of the utmost importance.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
What kind of things do you like to read? That's also most likely the kind of thing you like to write.

I'm not much of a believer in these kinds of threads, if you really don't feel gripped by anything then the time just isn't right and that's no point in trying to force it. You won't enjoy what you're writing and the readers will be able to tell.

These stories can be a lot of work and so the best plot idea is just anything that you personally can get excited enough about to stick with it and see it through.

If there's nothing like that for you yet then that's fine, you're pretty young anyway and should focus on reading more good books and experiencing things that will translate to story ideas later.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
A kid is chosen to be a hero, but doesn't want to be a hero, but a girl wants him to be a hero, so he defeats evil to save the world.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
While being a hero he goes on a journey of some kind.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago
Where he meets increasing adversity, but also makes friends along the way that make it all worth it

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago

And with the power of friendship, he saves the day. He also gets to marry the girl and they get two children, but you will only see that in the epilogue.

Ideas for Stories?

2 years ago

There should be a dog somewhere in there too, everybody likes dogs. Could be a talking dog, as long as it stays on all fours I think you're in the clear.