Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Food logs

2 years ago

At the comment of mizal and inspired by Axxius, I have decided to document my mission to read and rate 100% of the storygames on this site at one point in time.

Day 1:

I decided to officially start this mission with fan fiction and work my way upwards from there. After 8 hours I cannot go forwards any longer. I have read and rated 15 fanfics and I need to rest. I should have started from fantasy.

The one storygame that stood out to me the most from them all was the albus potter next generation or whatever it was called. It only stood out because of how much I disliked it. I'm going to put down my computer and do something else now. 

The Food logs

2 years ago

Getting all the fanfic out of the way early is a good strategy.
Best of luck to you on this quest.

The Food logs

2 years ago

That Darius one you asked what fanfic it was, was Bible fanfic.

The Food logs

2 years ago
I'm sure there are far cooler ways to rip off Judges, and one day I'll be feeling not lazy enough to attempt it.

The Food logs

2 years ago

No, the fantasy section is a cesspit of misery and failed dreams aside from the few former and current featured works that are worth reading. I have plowed through every friggin fantasy work and I can attest that after the sixth dragon story where the main character finds out that the dragon he was about to slay isn't that bad and flees away with it to some sunshine land, you will question the meaning of life.

If you got to start somewhere, grimdark fantasy overall has the least terrible collection. All the stories I've read there so far were at least good enough to warrant a 4/8 which is quite a feat to achieve. 

The Food logs

2 years ago
>>>dragon story where the main character finds out that the dragon he was about to slay isn't that bad

Oh boy, these contest themes just write themselves!

The Food logs

2 years ago

I wish you luck on your long and arduous journey. However I doubt madness will take you before sheer boredom will if you start with the lowest rated ones as I did. Let us know what interesting or repulsive things you find!

The Food logs

2 years ago

Day 2: 

I have read and reviewed a total of 27 fan fiction story games. That makes it 12 that I read today. I am starting to lose perception of what originality is. Contrary to the belief of unnamed relatives, I have a life outside of my computer and I must go attend to that now. Good Evening and goodnight CYStia.

The Food logs

2 years ago

weird

The Food logs

2 years ago

This would be more impressive if you weren't leaving "huh?" and "meh" "comments" on the story-games you're apparently rating. 

The Food logs

2 years ago

I know. I try not to but sometimes I don't really have much to say about them.

The Food logs

2 years ago
Here's my advice. I know ya didn't ask for it, but if you are legitimately leaving one word reviews on story games, then you're doing something wrong. There needs to be a good balance of play to review; you should go through the story games on this site at a pace that allows you to leave better reviews.

Wanna leave reviews focused on helping the author improve? Do it! That's what I did with Your Fate Like Clockwork, and it's what I'll strive to do with every review i make. Do you want your reviews to be witty and fun to read? By all means, farm those "best site reviews" posts (i forget the actual name of the forum). Whatever it is, putting more effort into it will insure its fun to read for somebody.

The Food logs

2 years ago

Day 3:

I didn't get much accomplished today because I was busy. I got at least 5 fan fictions read but I'm not going to check rn. It has been brought to my attention that I could be doing better in my mission by commenting better. I will try harder tomorrow.

I tried to finish Finali Incantatum today but It was taking too long and I needed a break so I will probably finish it tomorrow. I enjoy it a lot and I would recommend it if someone has a couple of hours to kill. It is originally in French and sometimes the translate breaks on me but that isn't really the author's fault.

I would also like to thank whoever made my Your Fate Like Clockwork comment featured. I really enjoyed playing that game too. I would definitely like to see that ranked so read and rate that one!

I'm going to bed now.

The Food logs

2 years ago

It's about time I updated this again.

Day 9 I think?:

It's been a couple of days. I think I'm around halfway done with Fan Fiction. This is a more enormous task then I initially realized. That's not to say I'm gonna quit. I took a break for a day or two to write a storygame of my own, failed miserably, and started reading some more. I hope to plow through the rest of Fan Fiction in the next two days. I'll probably end up disappointed but at least I'll have a smaller goal.

The Food logs

2 years ago

If you had just given up, no one would've blamed you. Bravo for continuing

The Food logs

2 years ago

Day 10:

*sigh*

I did nothing today. I left the tab open on my computer and completely ignored it th rest of the day.

The Food logs

2 years ago

Today you are a true CYStian.

The Food logs

2 years ago

Day 17:

I caught COVID a few days ago. I have been recovering slowly and haven't had the time to read much. I've decided to take a break from Fan Fiction to knock out categories with less stories. I started on historical today. 

The Food logs

one year ago

Day **** IDK. I'm going with 35 because that's what I have written down:

After over 2 weeks of procrastinating, reading, work, school, and empty promises to myself, I have finally finished the historical section. That makes 20 stories in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm so disappointed in myself. Oh well. I suppose I get to move onto Grimdark Fantasy now.

The Food logs

one year ago

Hey, this is a good exercise in CYStianship, and certainly better than whatever abomination is currently sperging out Sorting Hat Quizzes.

Grimdark should be a nice little bit of respite for you though, most of the stories there are good.

The Food logs

one year ago

I see that you have followed my recommendation... great ^_^ You will have a far better time over there.

If you want to experience real torture after your brief vacation, the love and dating stuff is still always open for more screams of agony reviews!!

However, there are still lots of new stories that haven't been rated yet, it would be nice if more people looked at them, especially since most of them are pretty short.