Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
Political debates used to be the norm around here, but we haven't had one in awhile. I think this issue is important enough however. I hate to get so serious here, but frankly I don't know what the hell has happened to America. Things have really gone downhill. It used to be that there were certain natural rights that were just understood and would go completely unquestioned. Rights over the bodies that we own, for instance. A body you possess is something you are supposed to have complete control over. That includes when reproduction does or doesn't happen, or yes, even life and death. (If you really must use such emotionally charged language over something that isn't fully human.) Isn't it bizarre to think that people in the past had more rights than we do? But this is indeed the case, because of the actions of evil meddling men in the government concerned only with politics and with having their own way, forcing their own morals on everyone else. Nobody asked me, and it's extremely unfair, especially in less affluent Southern states and rural locations where the economy depends on the availability of such services. I realize this is all just useless bitching on the internet, but still, it just has to be asked: why the FUCK is it a crime for me to own slaves?????

My Rights Denied

one year ago

Work on your story.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
You can't make me.

My Rights Denied

one year ago

True. Only you can make yourself.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
Uhhh - the south shall rise again?

My Rights Denied

one year ago

I remember your old buddy ThisIsBo used to argue in favor of the Confederacy or at least seemed always played Devil's Advocate for it. He even had an avatar with the battle flag in the background.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
Bo's a lawyer now. He used to ask me from time to time to work on the best argument I could for the confederacy, but it really wasn't something I was interested in doing. He enjoyed argumentation, even to the point of deliberately obfuscating the facts. It was a point of friction between us. He's in the right line of work I suppose.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
What a coincidence, Steve also went away for law school.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
This is unsurprising. The two are similar and would have had a love hate relationship I suspect.

My Rights Denied

one year ago

Well, you'll always have CYS. A place where you can demand annoying noobs write several thousand word essays for your amusement under pain of death. ^_^

My Rights Denied

one year ago
This is true, and I can still terminate them any time they're not properly formed.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
not a crime if nobody knows

My Rights Denied

one year ago
Couple the topic, your hungry spoon-ready lip-licking avatar, and your post -

The implications are... disturbing.

My Rights Denied

one year ago
I want the government out of my sex life.

My Rights Denied

one year ago

And I want the sex out of my government.