Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Order of the Midnight Sun Maze

13 years ago

Uggggg i am stuck at the maze.... Dx really want to finish the story but i've tried what feels like several thousand times and can't find my why out :( help anyone?

13 years ago

*way

13 years ago
JJJ, put in a sort of "failsafe" for the maze bit. I think if you haven't solved it after 100 or so turns, it gives you the option to bypass it. Though I think you only get the option once.

Your score gets lowered at the end if you do it this way, but you'll be able to finish the story.

13 years ago
I regret the maze, tbh. Not the worst thing ever, stops lots of those people who click through to trash the game but yeah, Endmaster is right. The maze saves you automatically.

13 years ago

lol i love that logic! "they want to complain about my game? i will make it to where they cant ever finish it to leave comments!' lol

13 years ago
Haha! nooooo! That's not my intention. It's more like: "They want to senselessly rate my story a 1 for no reason (like what happened to Mommy), well fine, but you're going to have to get pretty far in first.

11 years ago

It did a pretty good job of fleshing out those who didn't want to read it though. I know the only reason i kept through it (I don't know the answer to your question, OP, I took the dummy's way out :P) was because I really wanted to finish the epic story

11 years ago

i would have given this game an 8 in fact it was challegning for my favorite. Then i hit the maze and i was not only angered but i feel it cheapens the game the Necromancer is now still the greatest game on here

11 years ago

I agree that it cheapens the game. You should play Ground Zero though.

8 years ago

Ground Zero is good.

10 years ago

Totally agree

13 years ago

alright! thanks.

11 years ago

There was a bit of a bug with the failsafe. If you get through before it appears, it comes up randomly in the story. I asked JJJ to 'save me' when that happened, and I had to use the back button to get back to where I was in the story.

8 years ago

if you say "I can tough it out", then it brings you back to wherever you were without using the back button

8 years ago

LMAO that person said that 3 years ago, Jason.... 3 YEARS AGO.

11 years ago

HA!!YESS!!!! I finally got to the end of the maze without the cheat from jjj!But it took me a million turns of random guessing and i totally forgot what i did

11 years ago

same lol, luck ftw.

11 years ago

I actually took the time to draw the maze from my head. I think i made alot  of mistakes on it but it helped me reach the end of it without the cheat.

11 years ago

I remember doing the same thing, I just mapped it out until I hit a dead end then went back until I got to the last untouched path, and went from there. 

11 years ago

How long did it take you guys to get through the maze, it took  me I think 1 - 3 hours cant really remember.

11 years ago

4 hours,

first hour was random movment

2nd was finding the beginning again

3rd-4th was map-making and eventual win!

11 years ago

I think I was close to the center when the cheat option popped up, but I took that instead.

11 years ago

I'm doing the same thing. Hey, if you still have the map, do you think you could post it?

11 years ago

I don't think it's very good and i started it while i was deep inside the maze. I mostly used it to find the entrance if i hit a deadend again. Also i got rid of it after i beat the game. :D

11 years ago

Awww, sadness.

11 years ago

I FOUND THE WAY OUT! (Warning: spoilers) It is: 

East, East, South, East, North, West, North, North, West, North, North, East, East, East, South, East, North, West, North, North, East, South, East, North, East, South, West, South.

Sorry it's so hard to follow, but it's the best I can do.

Sorry to JJJ if you wanted people to figure it out on their own, but that maze is SO! DAMN! HARD! AHHHHHH!

11 years ago

GAH! The number at the top says 103. Beyond that, I am sooo lost. I didn't wanna use the fail safe so I said no. I regret it. Can you point out how to do it from the 103 point?

10 years ago

I`m am so thankfull, FINNALY!

10 years ago

HINT: Higher page numbers means you are closer.

It only took an hour. I first wrote what I did, but I then just did with the help of the above hint, and did that in 30 minutes.

9 years ago

I was annoyed that if you fail the abyss, you have to reset the entire game. Can't there be a back to the start of the maze or something further down?

9 years ago

You can always use the back button in the top right corner of the storygame window!

9 years ago

Yeah, but it only goes back one page.

9 years ago

You can keep pressing it. Or you can save your game at one point and just restore to there.

9 years ago

JJJ, did you get rid of most of your game description or something?

I feel like there were a ton of disclaimers and other stuff before...

9 years ago

Yeah.

9 years ago

When the fail safe popped up for me, I was stubborn and turned it down. That was a terrible mistake. I spent like 2 hours trying to figure it out before giving up. 

9 years ago

9 years ago

For whatever reason all the videos you link direct me to safety-mode haha.

9 years ago

"Sometimes, dead is better."

9 years ago

I'll be honest, I've never felt annoyed with the Maze. Maybe it's just because I drew up maps for Zork, but it really wasn't difficult. 

9 years ago

Yeah, I found it fairly easy to do as well.

9 years ago

u have a walthrough? i keep ending up at the entrance after like a hundred clicks each time

9 years ago

According to Amy it is:

I FOUND THE WAY OUT! (Warning: spoilers) It is: 

East, East, South, East, North, West, North, North, West, North, North, East, East, East, South, East, North, West, North, North, East, South, East, North, East, South, West, South.

Sorry it's so hard to follow, but it's the best I can do.

Sorry to JJJ if you wanted people to figure it out on their own, but that maze is SO! DAMN! HARD! AHHHHHH!

9 years ago

me to any idea's?

9 years ago

Also, if you just keep walking around it will eventually give you the option to skip the maze.

9 years ago

ive done that ten times im asking for a cheaty way to beat the maze like actually beat

9 years ago
It's honestly not that hard. Just write down each path you take.