Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

One of the best comments I've gotten in a while

12 years ago
From Necromancer

"Are you fucking kidding me. You torturous piece of shit. I'm sure you will only get pleasure from reading this. I spent so many god damn hours... just for the hell ending... what the fuck. If I was REALLY damned from the start, just because I chose big red, then fuck you even more because thats just fucked up.

I should've just stopped when I saw how RIDICULOUSLY long the story was getting (why is it a 7, not an 8? are there really, really choose your own stories longer than this). But, no, I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt... shit. I'm so damn angry I'm gonna go kill a kitten, raise it, re-kill it, and scream at the remains until I pass out."

As an added bonus the guy signed his name as "fuck you".

He was right though, I did get a kick out of reading the comment. Lol.

12 years ago

Damn, his last line made me fall back in my chair.

12 years ago

Sounds like he's trying to impress you with that pseudo-visceral writing. I'd take it as a compliment. I was just reading one on "Day in Hell" that was similarly nonsensical and violent against me.

Meant to say to everyone, Day in Hell was just a transparent way to vent about this annoying, psychotic roommate I had in 2003, which is why the whole thing is just a vehicle to kill her, which can only end badly.

12 years ago

OMG that last line was amazing. No idea why he would be that pissed at Necromancer, so I'm going to assume he was making up. Pretty amusing though :)

11 years ago
I fear for the life of the first kitten to cross that man's path.

11 years ago
From Necromancer (Surprise!) both from a guy named Marmotlord

"Can't seem to find the good ending, but i just love it. And I really want more of Catalina's ass. "

"Finnaly finished it. If you need a walkthrough, ask me. Amazing story, (altough small spelling and phrasing mistakes).
The only part I didn't liked was that my entire fammily was dead and I didn't actually do anything with Catalina."

I just liked the fact that his biggest complaint seemed to be he wanted a lot more sex scenes with Catalina. Lol.

But if Marmotlord is out there reading the forums, click on the first link in my profile on here and you'll find a story that might just be what you're looking for. She isn't exactly Catalina, but she's close.

11 years ago

I'm right here.

if I would be that Necromancer, I would have at least 3 kids by the time Brot Kingdom was conquered.

11 years ago
Necromancer, Marmotlord again

"If ou ever FUCKING POST MY COMMENTS ON THE FORUM AGAIN, I'll give your story a 7/8 and not a 8/8 next time!
btw, I really like the image on the page about Necromancy and the explanation of the Great Lich Lord."

Go for it. Lol.

Necro and Cat weren't able to have kids anyway, the dark magic tends to pollute the genes. (You know the whole ability to create life naturally and all.) Not to mention you don't really need to have kids to establish a legacy bloodline when you can just extend your life past death anyway.

11 years ago

which reminds me of an old joke...

Once, there was an elderly couple.  The husband looks angrily at his wife and says: " If you die before me, I'll tell them to write on your tombstone "Cold, as always"!"

The wife replies: And if you die before me, I'll thell them to write on your tombstone " Finnaly stiff...."

11 years ago
look what comments I GOT I'm great, ain't I?
Not the best I've played.

It's really short, the pages aren't that long, and I can tell you didn't put a lot of effort into this. I know that some people like games where there is no plot and you're just playing around, which is nice, but you didn't do that well. It just came off as a cheap game with not a whole lot of effort put into it.

My suggestion is to make it longer with better choices other than just sexual ones that continue the story(because some people, like me, don't really like reading a story just about sex.) Also, you should try to take your games more seriously because you can ruin your reputation and standing in the community.

1/8
Dummy
JMgskills 6/10/2012 12:51:42 PM
thx for feedback.
No, marmotlord, but I fucked the school hottie ;)
Dummy
VolJin 6/10/2012 12:46:31 PM
"based off a true story"?
so you're the sexual slave of your gay science teacher?
Dummy
Marmotlord 6/10/2012 12:42:55 PM
dafuq is this?
i bet it took you 2 minutes!
And I think the posioned food was the good ending.
Dummy
Marmotlord 6/10/2012 12:40:23 PM
I took it seriously, didn't work. So I tried to take it humorously, that didn't work either. Since I can't like it in any way I can possibly think about it, I gave it a 1. Congratulations.
Dummy
ThisisBo 6/10/2012 12:37:52 PM

11 years ago

*facepalm*

IDIOT!

11 years ago
The difference is Necromancer is one of the best stories on the site, so the comments are doubly hilarious, and his story is just crap with three choices in the whole story.

11 years ago
Tales From The Basement- CovElite

"You disappoint me by not having incest in every story line."

I actually answered you in the comments section, but I assure you I did have at least one incest reference in all three of the stories. You must've missed them.

11 years ago
References to incest are not the same as doing your family members. ಠ_ಠ

11 years ago
Lol.

Well it might've been TOO obvious if I put it in the Good Girl story.

Though I think in one of the original longer incarnations of the story, there was an ending where Suzy had a three way with her boyfriend and teenage sister while their brother filmed it, but it got cut since Suzy no longer had a boyfriend in the new version and that branch just got dropped and forgotten about.

Oh well maybe next story.

11 years ago
ok lol was just jokin around any way.

11 years ago

Haaa... well, I was a little disheartened to realize my CYOA avatar had been a puppet from the very beginning, in spite of being a really epic puppet, but I've never cussed someone out for making a story I enjoyed enough to get emotional over before. I think -most- people would enjoy that comment, considering his last line. xD It was kind of hilarious.

I actually thought it was pretty interesting that you made everything work out in that story path the way it did...

Eh, well, haters be hatin'. Thx for sharing the amusement.

11 years ago
Sometimes its amusing to see when you KNOW someone hasn't read most of the story...

Eternal

i didnt like the story as much as necromancer, but it was a good idea. i really didnt like how short the branches were though on the story, im wondering if you couldn't think up any or if you just didnt bother? either way, it was a good read overall- jake tooze

Short branches? Compared the Necromancer, Eternal's branches are a lot longer.

Ground Zero

I enjoyed it a lot, but I kinda wished there was more action than just sitting in a bomb shelter reading about how your character gets his freak on before some random lesbian hacks your system and you have to leave.

Other than that 6/10

I think I'll have to play it again to find the other endings.- Jack

Well at least he realized there might be other branches.

11 years ago

haha, i was the exact same way. i was sitting there wondering why there was so much hype over a game where yuo sit in a shelter untill Ugi mentioned something about the other branches at school.

11 years ago
Never can tell what people will like though, I remember there was one guy who loved the bomb shelter story lines but thought all the stuff with the compound and the mutants was really boring.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago
In celebration for Halloween here's possibly the creepiest comment I've ever gotten. Its actually two PMs from someone a few months ago, though I'll keep them secret in case they're wanted by the FBI or something…

First PM

So I just found this site by pure accident and I've been reading your stories. So far I've done Necromancer until I got the right ending, and then I went through all of Ground Zero until I got all 4 epilogues. After all that, I have a few things to say: one, you're a fucking asshole making all these endings; two, they're written VERY well; and three, the way the stories are written are written like shit that I would actually do. It's like I'm personally reading what I would do in these situations.

I guess it's the voice you have, and that voice is severely fucked in the head. I like that. I like that a lot. I just wish that there was more violence. And by the way this is the first time that I've ever seen anyone bold enough to include rape and bad things happening to children, and I'm the kind of fucker that browses websites looking for graphic pictures of dead people lol.

One time I saw a picture of this dude that has his head flayed and all the pieces were laid out like a badass macabre jigsaw puzzle. Anyway, I just wanted to say you do good work. You make sick assholes like me proud dude. I'll be an avid reader of yours as long as you continue in the same fashion you do with all your good shit. Have a good one man.

So being a gracious sort I thanked him for the compliments then later he sent this PM

Second PM

You're welcome, and I have a few more. One, nice job on the baby-throwing in Eternal, I liked that a lot. And personally I like all the rape and incest and shit you put in a lot of your stories, it's refreshing to read something that doesn't shy away from things that happen in everyday society. Break down that wall man.

I'm still working on reading all the damn things but I'm making good progress. I just have to say I'm wondering if you have all this in your stories for shock value or not. Either way you're a pretty damn good writer. Makes me want to make my own storygame... would it be going to far to write one about nothing but graphic murder? I have a pretty sick and twisted imagination myself and I love writing horror from the killer's perspective in detail.

Nothing like writing about what you'd love to do to people that piss you off, like breaking their hands and feet with a hammer and picqueting them... I find the lack of violence in your stories disturbing. Haha.

See, there's always someone that says you're not HARDCORE enough.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

Impressive.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

Would be interesting to read a store he wrote.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago
The funny thing is I don't even remember writing a "baby throwing" scene in Eternal.

Oh well, if baby throwing is in there I'm sure there was a plot based reason for it and it wasn't gratuitous or anything…

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

You probably added it in as a dark elf sport or something.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

Nor do I, but something tells me I'm not gonna correct this guy. If he tells me we're throwing babies, then we're throwing some babies.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

Wow! Did you see the spiral on that one? When it comes to baby throwing, the guy's a real pro!

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

Maybe he means the Eternals and the Eternal program is similar to the Spartans in ancient Greece?

If i remember correctly the spartans would toss you off a cliff when you were a baby if you didn't look like you would grow up as a strong man/woman.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

There is a baby throwing scene in the soldier path of eternal where when you fight the wizard and throw the baby in front of the wizard and when the wizard drops the shield to catch the baby the dark elves shoot the wizard and the baby.You can only get here if you choose to seek out the elves instead of attacking the wedigo.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago

Don't remember that scene, I'll have to go look for it and i think most people realize that hunting a bunch of elves in a forest (even with dark elves helping you) would most likely get you killed so they choose the other path.

Creepiest Comments EVER

11 years ago
Hell, I forgot I wrote that scene. That little side path in general gets pretty brutal when you're engaged in hand to hand combat with Eldolith as well.

The scene did involve dark elves in any case.

One of the best comments I've recived.

11 years ago

I got this comment on my game The Giant House Of Idiocy.

"... Did I just die of politics? O.O"

yes, yes you did.