Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 9/9/2012: Will add a "forgotten password" link that's just a contact form for now.
This feature was completed 3/25/2014: implemented!

Password Recovery / Forgotten Password

11 years ago

I believe we should have a pass word recovery system. I myself don't even KNOW my password I just have the remember me box checked and thats what keeps me logged in.

11 years ago

You can change your password without knowing it, so I suggest you do that. Then next time write down your password or something.

11 years ago

You can't change your password without knowing it

11 years ago

Yes you can. The password change page automatically fills in the "old password" part if you have it set to save your password. He should be able to change it, without knowing it. I know this because I faced the same problem, and was able to fix it by doing what i told him to do.

11 years ago

OH shit, that's a bug. Although I've got 'remember me' on and it doesn't do that for me (chrome).

11 years ago

It does not do that for me either. Also on chrome.

11 years ago
Me too. I use firefox.

11 years ago

Does it for me and I use firefox. You probably told firefox no when it said "would you like to remember this password".

11 years ago

It's a browser thing --- the browser is storing the password and filling it in when it sees what it thinks is a password box for login.

The "Remember Me" checkbox uses a cookie, authentication ticket, all that stuff -- but not really done by browser.