Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How did you discover the site?

11 years ago

I was on the library computers at school, and I looked over at what the guy next to me was doing in boredom and saw the title of the website, CYS. So I, loving choose your own adventure games, went on it the next day and discovered Necromancer which made me make a account.

11 years ago

I was looking for interactive fiction, and was sent here by messages on a forum. I played MidnightSun, made an account and returned when i was bored. 

11 years ago

Originally I was into the Choice of games site(Back when they only had 3-4 games up and didn't make you pay to play them), but when I ran out of games to play and was fed up with their editor I started googling interactive fiction. I saw CYS and recognized it from coming across it several years ago. I don't remember if I played any games back then, but about a year ago I saw Snow and played it. Lurked around for some months then decided I really wanted to make a game, made an account and viole! :D

11 years ago

Yeah I liked choice of games as well, though I purchased Way Walkers recently. 

Have you ever played Zork? Or the.newer versions of text based adventures?

11 years ago

No I've only had time to focus on this site with my free time. I'll check it out over my Fall break in a couple weeks :)

11 years ago

If you get the time, I would suggest downloading frotz. It gives you easy access to some great games, though they are quite difficult. I've never finished Spider and Web, which I've been playing for. 2 odd years

11 years ago

Since when does CoG charge you to read their stories?

11 years ago

Since Heroes Rise. Which I never played, the demo was horrible.

11 years ago

O wow thats stupid, they has some real quality games over there.

11 years ago

Yeah, I purchased Way Walkers, which was quite good, though I was mildly annoyed at the fact that it was not for free. But, that's how the free market rolls, so it's good enough for me.

11 years ago

True, though I'd rather have to deal with ads XD

11 years ago

Yep, that's what would be better. But, when you have real authors writing games, it's understandable.

11 years ago

It is?

11 years ago

They actually make a living off of writing. While I'm annoyed, , i don't have a right for the work, and that's how they want to do it, that's how they do it. 

11 years ago

I can't hold it against anyone who want's to get paid for their writing. Though I can't imagine that particular platform as being a very profitable way of going about it . Anyone know how much they get per read?

11 years ago

I doubt more then a dollar each. Even less for the non-payed games. 

11 years ago

Hero's Rise full version was actually worth it.

11 years ago

Damn. I would go nuts if I ran into someone else from this site.

11 years ago

A couple of years ago, I saw this site, played a couple of storygames, and left.  (MAG time)

I remembered this site, and after being a guest for a year, I decided that I should become a part of this community.  So here I am, on CYS.

When did MAG change to CYS?

11 years ago

I Googled "Choose Your Own Adventure stories" and I got linked to this site. I read a few stories, made an account, made a game on my first day then forgot about it for a while. Then I remember it about a year later, played some games, and decided to post on the forums.

11 years ago

Googled "Multiple Choice Game" :d

11 years ago

I played Wizard's Choice on a plane, and wanted to make my own game, so I googled make a choose your own adventure game, and this was one of the first things that popped up. Another question: What was the first game you played on this sight? Mine was Matthias One Knight, the first game I finished was Vengence. 

11 years ago

I had played all of EndMaster's games, as a starter.

11 years ago

I found necromancer by looking for a story about a necromancer who brings about the end of the world. The majority of those searches brought up horrible findings but then I found it. (Legend of Zelda opening chest music) 

Once i finished Endmaster's Necromancer storygame I copied Swiftstryker, lol.

11 years ago

Well, technically, you were here first.File:718smiley.png

11 years ago

lol true but i meant i did the same as your post. above mine.

11 years ago

I was reading a bunch of " Choose your own drug fueled misadventure" at cracked and googled choose your own adventure stories online.

11 years ago

I don't know actually. I remember I was on Google, and then I remember I was on this site. Where the transition was is kind of blurry. I remember though that I wrote my first story in the 4 hours after I found it.

11 years ago

randomly found it try a few of skills game liked after a while made an account.

11 years ago

In 2008 I looked up choose your own adventure stories, found this site, made an account, forgot about it.

Three years later I do the same look up, find the same site, and it tells me my username is already taken. Sign in with the password I used to use for everything back then, and it worked.

Been here since.

11 years ago

i first discovered this  in Choice of games three years ago when someone in the forums say about this  and So my PC overheat and fries the gaming card, so i cannot play anygame i looked up reading books and i came up here. But when i bought my new gaming card much faster i will leave the site and play games again. SORRY LONG STORY BUT JUST SORRY PEOPLE JUST DONT MIND MY MESSAGE I DONT KNOW HOW TO DELETE THIS

11 years ago

I wish I was kidding when I say that reading your post gave me a headache...

11 years ago

Why do i feel i should remember who you are?

11 years ago

I'm friends with Ugilick in RL, and he was in a mafia game that needed an additional member. Eventually he succeeded in recruiting me, and even though I wasn't planning on staying I eventually found some of the jewels on this site (I believe the first I read was OTMS) and then stayed on to read them. During the period that I was reading, I eventually starting posting on the forums (It didn't take long, since I actually started my CYS experience in the Lounge) and met some of the regulars, who eventually made me want to stay.

On a related note, the game is why I currently have my username. Since I wasn't planning on staying, I just made my name to show Ugi that, well, this is Bo :P

11 years ago

I used to play Neopets in Year 5 or 6 and always enjoyed the CYOA maker they had. In Year 8, I wanted to make CYOA stories but I didn't want to use Neopets. A quick search found me My Adventure Game (what this site was called at the time), so I signed up and challenged JJJ to a bunch of things (we had a posting war going for a while - I was like a less typo-prone version of cool74 and back then JJJ still cared about post count) - none of which I beat him in haha.

11 years ago

hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha. I definitely remember that now. God, that's a bit pathetic on both of our parts haha.

11 years ago

Hey looks like even you were a kid once.

11 years ago

I wanted to make a CYOA Zombie Adventure story and was looking for software that let you do it. Google led me here and I've been working on the game ever since...

11 years ago

update? :P

11 years ago

I'll post it in the other thread =)

11 years ago

I found Choice of Games and then from there I was directed here.

11 years ago

You're back!