Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hitler+Zombies, Does not mean Nazi Zombies, Dream

10 years ago

Ok so I had a really strange dream last night. It started with me siting just sitting in a mostly empty classroom, when a girl, dressed very properly, walks in and searches my book bag. I start to feel anxious, because she might find a book  I have in my bag that could be somewhat incriminating or suspicious. She pulls out the book and I cant remember now, but  the book was something along the lines of the Diary of Anne Frank. When she finds the book, she starts berating me with accusations on my loyalty to the Third Reich.

O btw the world has been taken over by Nazis, though that has not been confirmed by the dream, its just the distinct feeling I got. What is weird about that though is theres a American flag on a flagpole in the corner of the room. My teacher was also there while this was happening and somewhere around the middle of all that said there was no reason to doubt my loyalty because I has received several awards and then he went and pulled out some medals from a locker, but I never saw the medals or him pull them out, but that is what I felt he did. We kind of ignored him and the conversation continued.

I respond to her by saying I was just reading it for my research project, but I immediately know some how that, that was the wrong thing to say and she said something like that the project is on Nazi forces during WW2. Then I said something like I wanted to show how wrong, foolish or evil, the non-Nazis were. She then said that I better inform my instructor about this. The conversations stops at that point and then HITLER pops in and starts talking about how he and his dynasty is above the emperor. I guess that means he is some sort of god-king then, but then that part of the dream ends. Beyond this point is a blur, until I reach the next part. 

The next part begins with me walking outside in a country type setting, with the girl from earlier. Were walking and having a pleasant conversation about something, when a car burst out of no were and runs through a fence into a open field and a crazy old guy pops out and we run toward him and we know hes some sort of non-nazi because we try to get to him to attack him I think, but then his dog that pops out of nowhere jumps and I fall to the ground. The guy has a long two barreled shotgun but he doesn't use it and we kinda beat up the dog trying to get it off us when the girl goes and gets a weird looking miniature car type thing and runs the dog over, finally getting it off me. The dogs ok but then that section of the dream ends. 

The next section begins with me walking with a group of kids and the girl, in dark foreboding suburbs. The kids are constantly laughing and yelling and im telling them to shut up because the zombies could find us but they don't listen. I ask if they want to search the houses door to door, for supplies but again they ignore me. Then we somehow end up in a house an the old man is there but we don't really bother him and he does something good for us but I don't remember what. We leave the house, but then i go back in and ask him if i could have his Kindle (e-reader) and he says yes. I Then leave the house but then the dream becomes a blur and what little of the dream after that point I am lucid for I have forgotten.

Bit of a disappointing dream, but still really strange and cool, when I was experiencing it at least. 

Post your weird dreams too if you want. 

10 years ago

I love the weird ones haha!

10 years ago

Everyone has those weird dreams 

10 years ago

In my childhood, I had horrible dreams... Not night-terrors or anything, but with my dulled senses from having just woken up (either from dying or not being able to take it anymore,) They tormented me for hours after I woke, and it still torments me lightly. And honestly, I'm not going to be the corny anime fanatic who claims they can feel everything in their dreams just to sound cool, if your nerves are that active when you're in rem, you'd have woken up BEFORE the dream, and you'd have to have experienced the pain of being ripped in half or whatever in order for your brain to simulate it in your sleep. Half the braggarts would have to be paraplegics the way they talk. But still, they were horrendous. Maybe I'll write them down when I have the time. Maybe I'll even dream tonight.

10 years ago

What about those dreams where you are watching yourself but seeing the dream-world through your own eyes? Those are always fun. ^.^

10 years ago

It's like switching from first person to free-flying camera, to put it gaming-wise... It was awful, and since my parents were out of the house when I woke up from the nightmare, they never responded to my yelling, making it worse, even worse, I was too afraid to leave the "shelter" of being under my sheets to turn on the lights, so I just rolled myself up in them and shuddered, sweating myself to death. They may seem stupid to the outside eye, but they really affect you, you know?...

10 years ago

I always had fun in them, usually while avoid being killed by whatever creature is hunting me.

10 years ago

I don't anymore. I used to be able to sleep anywhere, next to a jackhammer, and have these wild, horrific dreams. They've all faded. I realize we all dream, but alcohol and other drugs can numb it to the point where REM sleep is all but unobtainable.

10 years ago

It's an alternate universe you reaching out to TU-you through the secret power of memories?

10 years ago

I used to have major night terrors My parents were so worried because I woke up almost everynight in a cold sweat they almost took me to a pychologist. One I saw a commercail with Pennyworth the clown and For the next week him and other assorted phobia's and things I was afraid of Killed me in very inventive ways and when I woke up what ever they did That part of my body hurt. For example one they cut of my foot I woke up screaming with my muscles twisted in my ankle.

10 years ago

It's posible then you dreamt that because that part of you hurt, and due to your distress, your subconsious went back to the things you feared/disliked most, being Pennyworth and Co. *puts on Fruede glasses* So... How did that make you feel?

10 years ago

No it was a distinct pain and only appeared after the terrors. Lays back in chair. I don't know doctor they seem to be coming back

10 years ago

*writes this down* interesting.. quite interesting.

This still does not disprove my theory, you may have sensed it leading up to this, and then injured yourself in a corresponding way, pulling something, perhaps?

10 years ago

As I said it was a normalish day for me and I was asleep the whole time before it happened nothing happened that day that would hurt my ankle.

10 years ago

Actually it's perfectly possible that while you were sleeping the overstimulation in your dreams caused the muscles in your body to spasm, causing legitimate injuries

10 years ago

Thank you drak you explained it for me.

there have been a case where a woman got so over stimulied she had a mild seizure.

10 years ago

Of course, I'm not a doctor, I mean, I read a lot of articles by doctors, and I watch a lot of House M.D (most accurate medical show out there, even read the online medical reviews which correct the mistakes made on the show)

But in truth, I could be completely wrong, so don't take what I'm saying as solid fact.

10 years ago

You're correct, although that is very, very rare.

10 years ago

Yay!!

random fact time

Only two prevent othe worlds populations is born a natural red head

10 years ago

Your sentence made absolutely no sense whatsoever, could you repeat that please?

10 years ago

Only two percent of people in the world are born natural red heads.

Damn you auto correct

10 years ago

Here's my dream, finally remembered to post it.

I was about 4 here, right? And so I inevitably went to sleep.

I was in a brightly colored green plant-like room, there were records on victrolas and tapes in tape players and such on vines ending in Tim-Burton curlyques. There were little metal half-pipes running along them, where a marble was running down, and whenever it  went to a stop, it would start the music at the closest playing device to the stopping point. For a while I was happily playing piano, the keys of which were placed conveniently on a vine. When the marble stopped at one thing, I would play awhile along with it until the music stopped, then it went to another music thing and I would sit and play along with that for a while. I was actually quite happy, until finally it came to a stop at a particularly detailed victrola.

It made an earsplitting, not quite cacophonous burst of horrible noise possibly made by orchestra instruments. It felt evil, menacing, and it terrorized me. It seemed to go on for hours, and every time I tried to cover my ears, it got even louder, until I imagined I could feel it in my chest. The scene ended, skipping to one of those documentary-style dreams in which a voice is talking, explaining everything. The voice was raspy, vader-ish, and it said some nonsensical phrase as the "camera" zoomed in on a bright yellow field of sand under a burning sunset.

the camera skipped to a man in a hat and stereotypical fisher's attire walking on the sand up to a hill while dragging a bucket of something, the sun making him an entirely black silhouette, despite the fact that the field of vision was not a few feet away from him and he was not anywhere near the horizon.

Eventually, it came to my attention that I was no longer a camera's view, but walking behind him. I quickened my pace to walk beside him and presumably ask him where I was, because it was uncomfortably hot. I couldn't catch up somehow, and when he got too far away, the noise started again. It was horrible and sadistic, and I tried to scream for the man's help, but it wasn't one of those things where nothing came out, it was that my screams were completely drowned out. And then I somehow knew he was smiling. I fell on by back screaming for someone to help me, but it was still nothing. I tried to crawl to him, I crawled as quickly as possible, until the hot sand burned me, which made me cry and scream all the louder, still drowned out in the horrible blast of noise.

The man turned around, and it was revealed he had no face, but simply a gigantic smiling mouth with long, sharp teeth, with blood on them. He roared at me, and I fell helplessly on my back, and presumably with the last of my strength, tried to crab-walk away from him. The noise distorted my focus, and I shut my eyes tightly, suffering from the horrible noise. When I opened them again (in the dream) I was in a black swamp, the water was thick, hot as the desert, and tar-like. There were dead, charred-looking trees thickly covering the area. I turned and saw the fisherman without his smile, fishing and wading in the horrible black water, I turned to run, only to find that his ungodly smiling face was right behind my head, I fell back and burned to death in the "water".

Since it was hot under the sheets when I awoke with a twitch due to my simulated falling, I thought I was still dying in the blackness of the room, I screamed and cried for someone to help me, and came horrendously close to a heat stroke wrapping myself in the blankets for "protection".  Since we live on a farmet, my parents were out working on their business and were unable to help me, so I thought I was still in my dream, or worse yet, my dream was now real. I screamed until i lost my voice and eventually fell into a weeping, uncomfortably hot sleep until morning. I had the same dream again and again until I was literally twitching at night at every little noise.

That's probably what made me the sadistic human being I am today. I shuddered until I was 6 every time I heard an orchestra warm up (the cacophony when they're all practicing different parts of the song at once) and even though the dream has no effect on me anymore, and I have had no fear of bright colors or loud noises since the dream stopped, I still pull the blanket up over my ears when I sleep, which I used to do when I was still in mortal fear of the noise.

That, ladies and gents, was my horrible dream.

10 years ago

The guy sounds like a mix of Truth from Fullmetal Alchemist and a Xenomorph....

10 years ago

No, much, much worse...