Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New member here

2 years ago
Hey my name is Rory and it's my first day on this site. I just wanted to make this post because I've been lurking on this site for a couple hours now trying to get used to the interface and I'm still a bit confused on everything but from what I've read it's best to start here by reading the most popular stories and a work by EndMaster. I'd love to have a conversation with you guys so HMU anytime. We can talk about animals or books or movies or music lol. I know a lot about music so we can talk about your favorite band and I'll know them. Thanks and I'm really, really excited to be a member of this community!

New member here

2 years ago

Welcome. My favorite band is Sonic Youth.

New member here

2 years ago
That's awesome! You have great music taste lol I love SY!! What's your fav song and albuM by them? Kim Gordon is a total girlboss

New member here

2 years ago

That she is. My favorite song is probably The Diamond Sea. Album is a toss-up between Daydream Nation and Dirty. While not an album, their self titled EP is also pretty good. What's your favorite band?

New member here

2 years ago
My favorite band is Duster. And one of my most fav albums of all time, Stratosphere, is by them. You've gotta check it out if you haven't yet!

New member here

2 years ago

I've definitely heard something by Duster before but I'm not very knowledgeable about them. I remember thinking some songs I heard reminded me a bit of My Bloody Valentine or Chapterhouse or something like that. Interesting choice. 

New member here

2 years ago
hi Rory. meow

New member here

2 years ago
hi Miyu. meow

New member here

2 years ago
I am demon guy now but hi cat

New member here

2 years ago

What??

New member here

2 years ago

I feel like this is one of those cases when trying to understand is not in our best interests.

New member here

2 years ago
I'm just going to strongly suggest you guys don't do this kind of thing outside of this thread. I'm seeing a few other names pop up and for now I'm just going to generously assume you're all different people and hope you and your friends have fun with the site. But this happens a lot and it seems like there's always one person in the group that screws things up for everyone else tied to the same IP.

New member here

2 years ago
What kind of thing? All I did was call him Miyu because his avatar was a manga character named Miyu. We aren't the same people and we have totally different IPs. Sorry if this question is annoying but I just want to know what I'm doing wrong because I'm unsure of what I even did and I want to know so I can avoid doing it in the future. I really don't want to get banned and it seems it's pretty easy to get banned in this community. Thanks

New member here

2 years ago

I'm going to kick your ass if you don't knock off this cat nonsense.

New member here

2 years ago
Is this the girl you were trying to impress with your emo soldier storygame?

New member here

2 years ago
yes lol

New member here

2 years ago
Welcome to the site, Salami. I hope you enjoy your time here.

New member here

2 years ago

Welcome to the site. Don't forget to help out the community by rating and reviewing stories, or contribute yourself. There is plenty of articles written to help you out. 

New member here

2 years ago

What do you think about Gorillaz?

New member here

2 years ago
Welcome welcome, I'm pretty new here myself and I can recommend that you take your time and explore around a bit. There's plenty to read, but I think you're already fairly familiar with this.

New member here

2 years ago
do you know milky chance? lol

New member here

2 years ago
Okay, but do you know NinjaSexParty? Pure bangers.

New member here

2 years ago
Welcome. Here's my own free, unsolicited advice:

People value branching stories here. That's a bit hard for me because I like to tell a particular narrative, but it's a habit I'm working on (Or would be working on if I wasn't a pathetic lazy sob who never finishes anything, and then takes down high rated stories to "fix them" and then never fixes and republishes them). But yeah, make sure there are lots of possibilities for a reader to choose from in whatever you publish — and make sure they all get some work. No one likes half-assed, bullshit endings that are put in just to take up space.

Also, unless you're being ironic, people do not like storygames that obviously look like the author didn't put any work into them. If it isn't your best, at least make it funny.

But yeah, to summarize, finish your storygames (don't be like the rest of us lazy slobs). Read and rate lots of storygames, too. But whatever you do, don't get emo. The sharks will feast and you'll cry and bitch and then get banned after everyone dunks on you. This is a quality of this site, by the way, not a flaw.