Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello!

one month ago

Hello!

Realised I hadn't done an introduction yet - so here it is. I'm Cosmo. :)

If my username didn't give it away, space is quite an interest of mine; as well as general knowledge and languages.

I'm really new to CYOAs, this website and second person in general, but I wanted to give it a go at a friend's suggestion. I've looked at a few stories on here to try and get an idea about how to write these. Which... isn't easy XD

The CYOA I'm working on is about one of the characters in an already-established story of mine, I'll be posting the sneak peek soon (once I figure out the basic plot branches, that is.) I'd really appreciate hearing about how people on here plan their stories!

- Cosmo

Hello!

one month ago
Hey! Welcome to the site. Personally, I plan for my stories by thinking about writing it for weeks on end.

On a more serious note, visualizing the branches with software or pen and paper has helped.

Hello!

one month ago

Thanks!

I'm guessing branching's just like a flowchart, then?

Hello!

one month ago
Yup, or at least that's how I've done it.

Hello!

one month ago

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay. Writing CYOAs is definitely harder than normal stories. I find that whenever I set out to write one, it spirals out of control unless I've planned it so I already know where things branch. 

Also, space is cool. :) 

Hello!

one month ago

Thank you! 

Hello!

one month ago
Welcome to the site!

Hello!

one month ago

Hi! Happy to be here :)

Hello!

one month ago

Hola

Hello!

one month ago
What did I say about the damn Spanish words?

Hello!

one month ago

Pinche gringo

Hello!

one month ago
Damn right

Hello!

one month ago

Guten tag! 

Hello!

one month ago

Welcome! We're looking forward to read your story when it's finished!

Hello!

one month ago

Haha, thank you :) I hope I'll finish it!

Hello!

one month ago

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your stay. There are plenty of great articles that were written to help you along your writing journey here.

Hello!

one month ago

Great, tysm.