Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Most schizophrenic CYS read?

one month ago

Which is the most schizophrenic story on CYS? 

one month ago

Anything Cel, Enter and Petros have written.

one month ago
What the fuck?

one month ago

Says the man who wrote 'It's a Boy!'

one month ago

It's a boy lowkey sounds like it might be weirdly good tbh. 

one month ago
Commended by Ford on 8/31/2024 2:26:04 AM
https://chooseyourstory.com/story/you-are-a-disc-in-my-dad's-spinal-cord~2e-can-you-make-his-back-stop-hurting-in-time-for-christmas~3f

one month ago
best game on the site

one month ago

Thanks hoomies, ill try to give some of the suggestions a read.  I think ill pass on the disc one for now, just due to the fact that the author has seemingly been dead for a good few years now.

one month ago
I admit I actually have no idea what "schizophrenic" would look like in the context of a storygame.

one month ago

I'd say playing as a disc in someones back definitely qualities as a "schizophrenic" Experience. Although a fun one. Story games which just give off weird or psychedelic vibes I guess. Or story games where it feels as though the authors grasp of reality is slipping, could also qualify. 

Basically, a story game that looks like it could be on a nexpo video it's so sus. A story games where you play as a weird ass but it comes across like the author might actually be a weird ass. 

Playing as a disc in someone's back qualifies the weirdness criteria but not the potentially nefarious part lol

one month ago

As someone who used to recreationally consume a lot of deliberately gonzo literature in high school my senses to schizophrenic fiction tend to be a little dulled. I would hardly call most of the games here (that haven't been deleted) genuinely schizophrenic fiction, but there is a game here from about 2015 that I think replicates that feeling very deliberately and delightfully.

https://chooseyourstory.com/story/spain-~26-such-like-falsehoods,-forgeries,-~26-fantasies~3b-or~3a-ignacia-de-loyola

EDIT: Actually nevermind I forgot what I was talking about, I was just being a prude. In Spain this game is actually the most normal thing ever

one month ago

This story definitely fits the bill, I read the first page and it's super hard to follow, and borderline nonsensical. It comes across like a parody of religious texts, it's very disjointed too. Definetly a schizophrenic read. At the same time it's very well written with great grammar which just adds to how schizophrenic it feels lol

It feels like were getting somewhere just for it to randomly talk about something random like folding a sword a quadrillion times. 

one month ago

That storygame may randomly talk, but let me introduce you to: Randomly Walk

There's also this one about playing as a slice of bread: A Day In The Life of A Slice of Bread

one month ago

randomly walk is literally about a dude having delusions over working out too hard lol

a day in the life of bread, the true salvia trip experience 

thank you for the suggestions 

one month ago

Child Sent tried to leave it deliberately ambiguous, you never know which paths literally happened and which realities the protagonist wakes up to are merely the hypnagogic hallucinations of the dying. For me, the canon path is the one where you walk right only twice

one month ago
This is going to make Sent very annoyed.

one month ago

Doesn't Mara have a story with vagina snakes or something?

one month ago

Did you just type "something?"

one month ago
it's like, "thereabouts"

one month ago

Cool. Just checking.