Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Friday Night Questionnaire: Week 1

one year ago

Hello! I've decided to start this new thing on CYS. I will ask a question, and everyone is welcome to answer. Are you ready?

What's the most disappointing cuisine in the world and why?

one year ago
Dutch food I'm gonna have to say, I've gathered it's mostly just boiled strips of cardboard and unsalted green orbs, and that none of their "food" is allowed to touch.

The reason it's disappointing and not just merely tasteless and bad, is because these people once had a spice trading empire. We know they can do better.

one year ago

Come on, at least we have lots of good fried food like bitterballen, kroketten, french fries and frikandellen. You don't need spices if you can throw in lots of oil.

one year ago

You are really claiming FRENCH fries as Dutch?  

I will admit though, I have bought fries in Amsterdam from a vendor and they were awesome.  

one year ago

French fries have their origin in Belgium and contrary to what the Belgians say, Belgium is just a big ol' province in the Netherlands.. so I rest my case.

one year ago

Good point, all those cute little coutries kinda blur together anyway, so not much sense in paying attention to any differentiation.

It is still funny that you claim a food named after french people.

Though I will admit that I have heard that Dutch folks are VERY passionate about their fries, and having had some, there is good reason.  

one year ago

The taste of british food, and the faces of their women, made the British the best sailors in the world.

one year ago

I have to agree. Coming from a country where food had taste, I'm not particularly fond of the cuisine here. 

Although I've never tried Dutch food so I can't really compare them.

one year ago

At least the British and Dutch can at least make something original. Well, those levels are nothing compared to Australian Cuisine. Australian food is not original at all. It just feels like a ripoff of American, British, and Chinese. Just a FEW examples are burgers and fries, fish and chips, and steamed dumplings. The dishes that are original are either morally questionable or plain bad. Would you eat kangaroo or crocodile? Does the 'meat pie' sound appealing? Australia had a lot of potential to produce good food, but they're too lazy to do that.

one year ago
They put sprinkles on packaged white bread and pretend it's an appealing dessert.

one year ago

Fairy bread is good though

one year ago
@Typewritercat

I know you want to post here, and do you have any idea what all this popcorn cost me in today's economy?

one year ago

Any cuisine involving sugared meat. Mainly Asian.

Sugar does not belong on meat, and there's nothing and no one that can change my mind.

one year ago
For this reason she also wages war against BBQ sauce and ketchup.

one year ago

If that wasn't enough, I also hate the majority of desserts.

one year ago
Myself, I hate appetizers. Just can't stand them! Never met a good appetizer, I don't think they exist.

one year ago

I agree with you in your food tastes, including the desserts thing. They just don't taste that good.