Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Killers of the Flower Moon

6 months ago
Just wondering if anyone's seen it yet? Between DiCaprio and De Niro and Scorsese and a plot about white people being evil, it looks like it'll win all the awards that Oppenheimer doesn't take. But the run time is pretty offputting for me, ain't nobody got time for that shiiid.

And of course anyone who read @Will11's The Reign of Terror around this time last year is already all loaded up on spoilers, that was how I even knew to keep an eye out for the movie. And it took me less than three and a half damn hours.

6 months ago
It's funny you mentioned this, I went to see this movie today! It's very good but by the end it did feel 3 and a half hours long - it tells the story of the Osage Murders from the point of view of the killers (some were enthusiastic, others more reluctant) while my story is more from the detectives' point of view. I would definitely recommend the movie, I found it interesting throughout. If you see the movie and are still interested I'd give my story a go too, it's got a few more killings and details that the movie left out :)

6 months ago
What is this "moo-vie" thing of which you speak?

I liked Will's story quite a bit, so I'm just sticking with that version.

6 months ago
Thanks for picking me over Scorsese, DiCaprio and De Niro :D

6 months ago
Every time!

6 months ago
oppenheimer deserves all the awards

6 months ago

I agree, oppinheimer is a masterpeice. I also like how RDJ is in it (though that's not the only reason I like Oppenheimer:|)

6 months ago

You haven't even seen Oppenheimer. (I'm assuming you didn't pirate it somehow.)

6 months ago

Or course I pirated it off a websuite, whatta you think im MADE OF MONEY?

but seriously [removed] is the best free streaming service (you probibly wont get hacked) #notsponsored

6 months ago
If we don't allow links spread around to steal games, it stands to reason this kind of thing shouldn't be posted either.

6 months ago
It's not even out to stream until November 21st, she's watching some cellphone video of a screen from a theater in China.

6 months ago
AHA THAT'S IT!

I thought I'd gone crazy, since the movie synopsis reminded me of 'a book I'd read', but googling for it nothing was coming up. Surely googling 'book about [thing] with fictional detective' should've given me something. But now I know, it was a storygame!

I'll say that the Reign of Terror made the movie better, since I could look for scenes I remember from the 'book'. I'm now more confident that Will done good research, or maybe the movie stole ideas from him, hmm.

Long run time movies always remind me of the phrase "if I had more time, I'd have written a shorter letter", but I can't really blame directors who can get away with making stuff longer for doing it. (Since my posts aren't exactly the embodiment of brevity either. But then again, I don't get paid.)