Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Deleted Stories

22 days ago
There any way you can see the stories that weren't good enough to stay published? I feel like I could learn something from looking at stories that are bad, and it might be entertaining to look at.

Deleted Stories

22 days ago

There actually is a "story limbo"

https://chooseyourstory.com/member/?Username=deletedgames

Now you can also read stories that weren't actually deleted and were just unpublished as well, but you'd either have to go digging for those or get lucky on the "search random story" function. This is also assuming the stories are still on sneak peek.

As for the deleted list, I think you might still be able to access them if you type in the name on the search, but not sure if the non-admins can still access them.

Deleted Stories

22 days ago
It doesn't let me click on any of the links, just plain black text and the blurb.

Deleted Stories

22 days ago
I suggest getting the extension on Brad's profile, it allows you to click sneak-peek stories as links (along with other useful functionalities).

Deleted Stories

22 days ago
Thanks

Deleted Stories

22 days ago
Deleted games are not the same as unpublished ones. Stories get unpublished for low ratings and then just end up back in the author's profile.

It might be a lot more useful to read stories that are like, actually good though and look at the qualities they share. (And also comment on how you felt about them...those contest stories are really languishing there.)

Deleted Stories

22 days ago
Was planning on doing both, but examining something near perfect means you only see what you should do, not what you should avoid.

Deleted Stories

21 days ago

Reading a few reviews and articles could also give you a sense of what to avoid when writing.