Neon Genesis Evangelion

A fan fiction storygame by WouldntItBeNice

Player Rating3.78/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
Based on 43 ratings since 05/31/2018
Played 1,411 times (finished 49)

Story Difficulty6/8

"Wandering through the desert"

Play Length6/8

"It'll be a while, better grab a Snickers®"

Maturity Level7/8

"Anything goes"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 18. If this were a movie, it would probably be R.
This is a what-if fanfiction for Neon Genesis Evangelion. If you want a guide on making the right choices, click this link.

Things you need to know:

The creatures called Angels are "monsters" that intended to cause the Third Impact to destroy humanity. They would unite with the original Angel in NERV's lowest level of their base in Tokyo-3. They are not heavenly angels.

Evangelion units are giant cyborgs grown from the DNA of the first Angels. They were built by the paramilitary organization NERV who combats the Angels with their pilots all of whom are (by necessity) fourteen since Second Impact occured fourteen years ago.

Rei Ayanami is the First Child: pilot for Eva unit 00. She recently died… sorta. Rei is not normal to say the least.

Asuka Langley is the Second Child: pilot for Eva unit 02. She lost the will to live and is now in the hospital after being suicidal and depressed.

Shinji Ikari is the Third Child: pilot for Eva unit 01 and the son of Gendo (the secretive, asshole leader of NERV). He just killed the final Angel who happened to be his new best friend. Now, he's depressed as well.

Description:
Kaworu, the final angel, died. All is set to start Instrumentality; however, Gendo realizes Rei's rebellious nature and delays both NERV and SEELE. With both sides manipulating for their own benefits, it leaves the pilots with more time. Their world, bodies, and minds are broken. Could Shinji, Asuka, and Rei heal before it is too late or will they only hurt each other more?

Now, I thank my amazing beta.

Mayana, you are the best beta reader ever. Without a doubt, this storygame would be horrible without your help. You found countless errors, made me change countless awkwardly worded sections, and had me clarify parts. In all, you read way over 100,000 words diligently. You countless hours of toil has helped this storygame improve immensely.

Maya, you went above and beyond what anyone could expect of a beta. You have my dearest thanks and gratitude.

Player Comments

view more...
Chris113022 on 6/3/2018 7:45:03 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Mizal on 6/2/2018 7:12:22 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Mayana on 6/1/2018 2:25:18 PM with a score of 888
view more...
Yummyfood on 3/29/2023 5:54:35 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Mr_SuperEggMan on 5/7/2021 10:04:43 AM with a score of 888
view more...
Serpent on 8/12/2019 6:53:40 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Ogre11 on 6/5/2018 11:47:49 AM with a score of 0
Show All Comments