Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

As the title suggests.......How did you stumble across this site?

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Well, it was February of 2014... I just wrote a shitty, shitty CYOA book (A rather terrible sequel to The Cave Of Time) in my free time, and I wanted to find a site to put it on. And so, I found this site. I published the story, and then I unpublished and deleted it because I realized that there was already a sequel (It even had the same title, Return to The Cave Of Time). I then disappeared for about four months, and I came back out of pure boredom.

There you go, kiddos.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Ok

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

There was a time... July of 2014, to be precise.

I was online when a friend messaged me. She sent a link to a text-based game. I believe it was one of the EndMaster's works.

Well, I was quite interested, and I decided to make an account here. And I think I went on a hiatus one time, but...whatever.

...The end.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Surfing the web, most likely jacking off. Found this website. The end.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Ok :p

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
Hello everyone,
Ooo, hey, my first post ...
Well, I was browsing the audiogames.net archive. I was looking fore some gamebooks, I think. I wanted to find some sites wich I could use. It can be just a little bit harder if you are blind and use screenreader ... well, I red chose your story, red description and then went to check it out ... and here I am ... an unknown person that never actually posted in the forum.
Have a nice day.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

You too?

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
What do you mean with "You too?"?

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Have a nice day with a question mark because I'm questioning.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
Uh, I said it like "I wish you all a nice day".

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

My friend showed me Dungeon Stompage, and I got curious and played other storygames.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Ok

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Delving into my nostalgia for the sake of enriching someone else's childhood. In other words, I wanted to share the experience of CYOAs with my little sister and I found this place. July, 2012, if it matters. I can't remember if I lurked for longer than a day--if that. I just remember reading games like Necromancer and Mommy and The Wal-Mart game, and wanting to join.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
I honestly can't remember. I know I love CYOAs and that I was looking online for a place to play CYOAs.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Welp, here's my story. It was some day in the fall of 2014. I forgot what month.:p I was looking for a good choose your story site. I found this site. After reading the full fantasy adventure section I stumbled across the forums. I had a different user back then. I did the forum games. Everyone ended up hating me so I left. I created a new account in the May of 2015. I decided to return to the forums and here we are.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Uh....here goes.

When I was a little child, I had been intensely focused on Waerrior Catz (hilarious typo, but the correct spelling is Warrior Cats) and was looking for someplace to do a ridiculous fanfic on. I kept searching and searching, and turned up here. I wandered around as a guest for quite some time before deciding to meet the community. I signed up as ________(Not telling, but a lot know) and was a warrior cats fan for a long time before separating from the horrid gunk. I made a new account (At_Your_Throat) and thrived in the regular forum games before reluctantly returning to Skyclan 5. My favorite WC parody is CYSClan, in which I am known as Bloodkiller/Bloodstar of SmiteClan.

That is the end....

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

WarriorCatsRPStories!

:D You're welcome.

That said, thanks for rating CYSClan RP 8/8 m8.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Welcome.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

My language arts teacher had my class (total of about 15 kids I think?) write a three different cyoa stories beginnings. It was split into three groups of five. One of the five wrote the first page, two worked on an option from that page, and the last two worked on a final option.

Well, he showed us the site it was on, and before that, had told us to read 'Finals Week' as an example of a cyoa story. I finished early and started on the first story that I saw that looked interesting, and didn't have a maturity rating that was too high. The Homo Perfectus series. It got me hooked, so I made an account here.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

That sounds like it would have been an awesome project.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I could give you a link to what I had on it. It was never published or anything, despite the fact that's what he told us he would do.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

What's up with you and maturity ratings? Why does it matter so much?

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I'm 13. I usually only ignore the games with a maturity rating of 7/8. Of course, the first few that I checked were Necromancer, Ground Zero, etc - which I couldn't read during school hours. Currently, I'm going through Madglee's Mommy game.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I'm fine with any maturity rating. XD

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Same here. I don't give a crap about maturity rating.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
Uh-huh.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I wanted to make a game without needing to make graphics, so I searched "interactive fiction" or something to that effect on Google. Not that I'm saying CYOAs are just graphicless games.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

IKR? Quiller's use of styling is fantastic.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
I was bored and looking for something to occupy my time.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I was looking for text-based games to play, and I stumbled across the gem of a site. I began to play a few story games, some random ones, and I liked them, so I created an account and started typing away at my first story game (still in progress) 
After a while it became normal for me to come to this site every once in a while when I feel I have something memorable to write  

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I came across the site pretty early on, way back in 2010, and lurked as a guest. I don't think I really did anything - read a story, I think, however I went on hiatus until late 2012. A fellow fan of Jim Dattilo's "Zombie Exodus" suggested it to find some goo reading material, so naturally I went. 

Got hooked on JMG_Skills "Star Wars" fanfic, and read through the entire series, before moving onto Ground Zero (which I loved). After this, I didn't do an awful lot, still a guest and rarely getting on. That is until early 2013. You see, I'd recently come across D&D and I loved the concept of roleplaying. I searched the internet awhile, then came across here, and checked out the forums. There, I saw the Forum Games, and with it, Legendary: the perfect fantasy RP I'd been looking for. Naturally, I signed right up!

And there you have it. Everything else is history, really. I didn't get too involved with the community (outside the Forum Games) until some time early-mid 2014, when I realised that everyone was a lot like me and I didn't need to be such a pussy. 

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
I'm not actually here.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Holy shit! Where the fuck are you...? O-o

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
It's a secret.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

How do you think a WC fan gets here?

I think I googled "Warrior Cats text game" or something like that, found Wildfur's Warrior Cats Adventure, and then played other games. I grew a liking to this site and created my account.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
To be honest, I thought you guys just spawned here due to all the botched Endmaster summonings.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Only normal humans in slutty outfits work, it's not enough to merely write about slutty cats. Besides, cigar-burning cats to death doesn't work, because they catch on fire and die from normal-burning-to-death rather than any actual cigar burns.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Personally I was actually searching for a website like this. I had finished all of my choose your own adventure brand books, finished my dads, and then eventually found dungeon stompage and fell in love with the site. I showed lightstar too

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

It all started in the second grade when I read my first CYOA.  It wasn't long until I started writing my own adventures, long hand.  In the fifth or sixth grade, I got my hands on my first home computer and started writing programs that would do all the behind the scenes work for me.  Every time I learned a new programming language, the first thing I'd do is use it to write text based games similar to Zork.  That was a long, long time ago...

A couple years ago, I ran into a site that was devoted to this.  After reading everything there and being left unfulfilled, I started searching for others.  I found tons of them.  Eventually, though, I stumbled across this site (about a year and a half ago) and that was all she wrote!

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

A friend who goes by FireSlugger/Virt/Conexion/whateverelse introduced me here and stuff seemed fun so I joined.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

So let me tell you the story of how I met this site . . .

It was a dark and stormy night. . . (november or october last year I think) when I couldn't sleep and I was surfing the net searching for something that can take away my boredom. I came across this site, read Through Time and Ground Zero. Then I lurked around for several months and decided to join up on January. The rest is history.   

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I got bored at school and decided to search zombie story games and I stumbled across a link that led me to the story Dead Man Walking. I got so hooked by that story and others that I read on the site that after a month or so I decided to make an account.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I was looking for a good CYOA and I found this site. My first read here was Necromancer by EndMaster.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I think it was after looking at Choice of games, which was after I read a bunch of my dad's old CYOA books that I found in a bookshelf.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
Well, when I came here, I was a different account. I slowly made my way in but I stumbled across this purely through the Audiogames.net DB.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
Wow, at least I'm ounly one that got here by audiogames db. Or ounly one visually impered/blind on here.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I'm not visually impaired, but I wear contacts. Does that count? 

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
I was talking more about people that must use something to make text on screen more culerfull or bigger to see it better. Glasses or something like that isn't exactly being visually impered ... unles your % of vision is lower then set point ... I don't exactly know what exactly is that. People that alre blind must use screenreader to use the computer. Most of them also have brail keyboard (I think it's named like that in English ... my English is bad).

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
Interesting.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

Well... qs far as I remember, I was searching for CYOA games after playing all of the games on Choice of Games and I found this site... not exciting at all, I know.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago
What I think she is saying is that people who are blind sometimes use braille displays. They are refreshable braille displays that work through the use of pins which represent different letters. In other words, different combos of pins represent letters, numbers, and punctuation symbols, but these machines are usually around $2000 or $2500.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

This is probably an important answer, but this thread hasn't been posted in for four months. Let the dead rest!

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I was actually cruising the internet looking for the more responsive games, and I wanted to find a game that would be truly interactive, I found Endmaster's Eternal game. Needless to say, It didn't take long before I was hooked. I am still hoping to find that game that allows me to customize every aspect of a person and travel any route, but I must admit that this site has come pretty darn close to getting me my CYOS fix.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

I wanted a chooseyourstory book, this website has a very specific title.

How You Got Here....

8 years ago

It was 2011, my senior year in high school, I had gotten back into the CYOA habit and I wanted more, I grew more and more dismayed at the lack of options for such entertainment...Then I stumbled upon this site while using one of the school's computers, it was not blocked either so I went there and saw many stories...My first one was Magus: Betrayal, my second was Ground Zero, and before I knew it I read many...the next year I made an account and here I am today.