Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Steven Universe- In Too Deep

8 years ago

Hey there. I have recently been informed that a four week special event for Steven Universe is going to be aired only a few weeks from now.

Video: https://youtu.be/te6VBAFdXQI

For all of you fellow Steven Universe fans, what do you think will happen next in the series? What new things will we learn about fusion, the cluster, or even the main characters, ect.?

I for one am very exited that new episodes will be coming out soon, and will be waiting patiently and excitedly.For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I do recommend you go and watch the episodes currently available.

Also, some questions for discussion:

-What do you like or dislike about the show?

-Who is your favorite character?

-What is your favorite episode?

-I enjoy Steven Universe's lighthearted take on things, as well as it's relatable characters. I also enjoy the amount of emotion in the show. More often than not, I have been hit in the feels by Steven, The Crystal Gems and the people of Beach City.

- My favorite character would have to be Steven or Lapis. I enjoy how innocent and loving Steven is to his friends and family. I also appreciate the way he has grown up throughout the series, developing his powers and his personal stance on things. Lapis on the other hand, is an untrusting and bitter individual who simply wants to be free. I liked watching the way Steven interacted with her, as he was the only person she opened up to.

-My favorite episode is probably Frybo, one of the darker and earlier episodes. My favorite part is how Steven says that it is his job to protect the people of Beach City, and shows the lengths he will go to do so.

8 years ago

I love all the drama and static between the Gems. My favorite character is Connie. My favorite episode is the Heaven Beetle one.

8 years ago

*dance* Yay, Steven!

((Ahem)) I love the fact that they openly show that people and/or gems being lesbian is okay and shouldn't be covered up. I think it sends a good message to the younger viewers of the show. My favorite character is Lapis because, unlike Jasper or Peridot, Lapis was given more thought and development. My favorite episode is the Heaven Beetle. 

8 years ago

We have the same favorite?

8 years ago

Apparently so. 

8 years ago

My favorite part is the very end, what he says to Garnet.

8 years ago

I really don't watch this show, and I don't know much about it.

I suppose the special will be interesting. I'll see if I can tune into it.

But, I have seen a couple fusion episodes, the Frybo one, and a couple others.

What do I think about it, then?

I don't really care for it. Yes, I said it, I don't really like it... that much.

Frybo was a dark episode, and that was my first introduction to the series. I haven't really been hit by the feels from this show. (Lack of episodes I have watched, perhaps?) But, in any case, I suppose I like the humor... sometimes. *ahem* cookie cat *ahem*. My favorite character I suppose would be Amethyst. And I suppose my favorite episode would be Frybo, due to how dark it got. (and I guess it was my first introduction to the series. Meh.) Well, I do plan to watch more episodes, but there's my thoughts thus far.

Just my opinion.

8 years ago

I watched it until it became too dramatic. 

8 years ago

It is supposed to be dramatic.

8 years ago

... The songs are decent, even pretty catchy. "Do it for her" and "Full Disclosure" for example. "Stronger than you" is also good. It's probably the best kid show I've seen since avatar, since it's able to mix really dark / mature concepts with humor and silliness. It's had a few moments that were a little too ... childish, I suppose, and it took me a little time to really warm up to the show because of that.

Garnet.

Don't have one.

8 years ago

Eh, it's a nice show. Eternally confusing unless you start from the beginning.

Stuck between the little purple monster and the cool red disco woman.

I don't know any of the episode names.

8 years ago

"cool red disco woman" = Garnet.

8 years ago

"little purple monster" = Amethyst

8 years ago

"Stuck up clean freak" = Pearl

8 years ago

"happy chubby kid" = Steven

8 years ago

"Old half bald guy living in a colorful van" =Steven's Dad

8 years ago

"Warrior indian girl" = Connie

8 years ago

"Creepy little boy that don't talk" = Onion

8 years ago

"Douchebag gauged ear loser" = Lars

8 years ago

"Small gem that uses limb enhancers" = Paradot 

I love how we are just listing them.

8 years ago

Her name is Peridot. Not "Paradot".

"shoeless big smurf lady" = Lapis

8 years ago

Oh. "Short woman at the donut shop" = Sadie

8 years ago

"Buff rock nose girl" = Jasper.

8 years ago

"Mean/strict indian doctor woman" = Connie's Bitch Mom

8 years ago

Hey, Connie's mom isn't that bad. She accepted all the stuff with Connie and Steven after they saved her sorry butt.

8 years ago

Only after the Gems scolded Steven.

8 years ago

What? Only because they cared about Steven and Connie. Connie's mom was just another over-protective, paranoid, and strict mother who wanted the best for her child.

8 years ago

Eh....it's all good now so it doesn't really matter :P

8 years ago

Yep.

8 years ago

Tall Yellow version of Invader Zim = Yellow Diamond.