Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

What is an "order"? I don't know what that means on this site but I am speculating it is something like a group (like the First Order from Star Wars Episode VII) so what are they exactly?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Orders are groups.
There are 4 different orders on this site :)

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

And those are?

(How come I never heard of them before?)

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Warden, Architect, Marauders, and Sages.

These orders are supposed to promote better comments, and more feedback and contribution in threads. The top order each week gets a special effect in their names in forums.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Top earner each day but yes!

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Sorry to necro an old post, but this only answers half of the question that led me to this post in the first place. The question I have is how are the orders assigned. What are the prerequisites of being promoted to the next order?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Random. You stay in the Order you are forever (as of now)

At everyone else: Do we have an article on this yet? Is anyone writing one?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

The only part of this reply that is in any way helpful is the question about the article. Please do not try to answer questions you have no knowledge of. I didn't necro this post to see post after post of useless information pop up. Sorry if this sounds rude but I have no patience for that crap.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

There have been literally, probably dozens of posts explaining what orders are.

There's no "promotion." You are randomly put in an order. Sages are the best.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Excuse me, but I find your rudeness both uncalled for and confusing. I've already answered your two questions: Orders are assigned at random when you join, you rolled Sage. Orders are permanent, there is no 'progression'. The only change is if you have highest commendations within an order you earn a special prefix, if you have a top 100 story you get the Exemplar Suffix, and if you earn the most commendations in a day you get the 'of Avon' suffix. 

I was reluctant to respond to your rude rejoinder, however I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I'm just curious of how he doesn't understand yet. It's been like, two months and we've had at least ten threads explaining what they are.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

No idea, guess he wanted the answer in his thread for it to count.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Probably too lazy to look at the update threads I guess.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

No idea, and nothing gained by speculating. Putting this thread on Unwatched

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

to answer you're speculation, this is the first time since maybe last July that I've been on and I've only been on for 30 min. sorry that I'm not automatically up to date on everything that has happened since ive been gone. 

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
If reading threads for 30 minutes gets you all enraged and passive aggressive, maybe another break from the forums is needed.

I mean, your questions were directly answered in here, bit if you're still not satisfied then the obvious way to get up to date is to read the update threads, or PM an admin.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

there's more to it than just reading the thread and normally i only get mild irritated from it. and even then with my original response i wasn't enraged, i just let my rudeness slip out. i was already in a sour mood but that's no reason to take it out on random people on the internet. that's why i apologized when strykerl called me on it. 

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I apologize for the snippy response but I just got done trying to comb through another thread on a different topic that was full to bursting with maybe 2 out of 10 being useful information that furthered the discussion and the rest either having been covered already or being useless. Shouldn't have assumed you were doing the same. This does answer my question. I would like to ask if you have a link to the article to make it easier to find.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I noticed that you unfollowed the thread, so you didn't see my apology. I shouldn't of gotten snippy. I blame it on being half asleep and misreading your reply. Also I've been trying to comb through the useless responses cluttering the forums and I think its leaving a bad taste in my mouth. To answer the question you asked about the article, there isn't one. I just got done checking through them. I would like to ask you though do you have a link to a thread that can give me more information on the matter?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Here, i'll go get him.

@StrykerL

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

damn i am more asleep than i thought. i could have sworn i pmed that lol

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Hey, it's fine, do get some rest though. There's no article as of now to the best of my knowledge. If one is made, will let you know.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Do you know if there is any meaning behind the orders? or are they just completely random? i appear to be a marauder by the way.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Intentionally random. Sages happened to roll more active members, but that doesn't mean much if the other orders step up.

You can find an overview of the points in an Order from the hyperlinked Order name on a person's profile. Marauders here. Seems like I confused you with the OP in the thread, hence I accidentally mentioned you being a Sage in an earlier post.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Marauders can't be too bad, I mean I see EndMaster, Madglee, and Alexp on that list.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Sages - Best.

Wardens - Second. Not a close second, but.... eh.

Marauders - At least they aren't architechts.

Architechts - Shitlords

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

@MinnieKing don't be repetitive. You obviously saw the discussion on this further below, because you took part in it. We finished that discussion and this adds nothing new to it.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

One does not simply end a discussion, especially when one is clearly losing.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

True but one can walk away. And is going back and forth about which order is better really a discussion? Can there be a winner when the only things stated thus far have been purely oppinions and not facts?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
Yes, there can be. Whoever can argue the longest before the other one gets tired and can no longer argue is the winner.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You seem to be confused. My opinions are facts.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You seem to be confused on the definition of the word fact. A statement without supporting evidence is just a statement. It has not been proven or disproved. Here is an example of a fact. The Sages have a total of 285 commendations, whereas the Wardens have 93,  the Architects have 83, and the Marauders have 38. In this way Sages are the best, then Wardens, then Architects, then Marauders. That is a statement supported by hard evidence, and is therefore fact. The fact that you stated that architects are the worst of the orders just proves that you're statements are based in opinion and not fact.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

No, no, you don't understand.

Fact: My opinion.

Evidence needed: It is an opinion that I hold, and therefore true.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Fact: You're full of shit.

Evidence needed: You're full of shit.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Fact: That's wrong.

Evidence needed: You're an architect.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
Fact: That's not a fact.

Evidence needed: That evidence isn't evidence either.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Fact: That's not a fact, nothing you said has been a fact.

Evidence needed: "You're full of shit" isn't evidence either, therefore you too were claiming to have a factual opinion, but you were utterly wrong, because you're not as awesome as I am. This is clearly evidenced by the fact that you're in the shittiest order.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Fact: You both are acting like fools.

Evidence needed: A list of your *awesomeness*. And it doesn't matter if you are more awesome than the other, because you are BOTH full of shit for acting like this. BOOM.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You've been here for two weeks, you've yet to witness awesomeness.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I already have. 

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

SUPER BIG TEXT!!!

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

That was lame, pointless, and spammy.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

"Hey there, you? Boy?"

"Uh... are you talking to me, Mr Pott?"

"Yes, yes! You there! There's a spill in my office, I need it cleaned."

"Excuse me?"

"There's a spill, in m... uh, habla Ingles?"

"I'm not a janitor here, sir."

"Oh yes, you must be a client! What are you in for, murder? Drug dealing?"

"Mr Pott, I'm a lawyer. You hired me, remember? Jamie. Jamie Kettle."

"What? I don't believe my firm's hiring any... more darkly inclined gentlemen?"

"Are you saying you don't think I should be here because I'm black?"

"No, of course not! I just expect our lawyers to... 'gleam'!"

"You're blacker than I am!"

"You racist fuck, you're fired!"

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

K then

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

That was..beautiful...

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I wouldn't say it was lame as much as it was 'strange'.

That totally had a point. It was funny.

Oh boy, do you not know what spammy is. I know, because I am trying to keep people from doing it in the comments on roblox. But I am not a spammer, and therefore will not demonstrate that.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

'Strange', in this sense, is a word for idiot children who think they know what 'Interesting' is in a human personality.

To you, maybe. I'm sure you'd be an excellent entertainer of 2 year olds who've never used the internet before.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we have much, MUCH higher standards of postwriting here than the Roblox comments section. This is our Ool, and just because you've been swimming in a toilet your whole life doesn't mean it's not as bad if you piss in it.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Ok. I kinda agree. But what do you mean when you said "Ool"?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You've never heard the joke, "This is our Ool, make sure not to put any P in it"!?

Did your parents never experience the 90s? Have you never seen a dad with a wading pool before!?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
"Uh"? Fuck me, "UH"?! Sent just told you this site has much higher standards for posts than kiddie sites like Roblox then you suddenly do a 180 and type up a post that's worthy of being on a kiddie site like Roblox. Did he not just tell you not to spew your cancer-ridden vomit all over these forum boards? What the hell, man? You couldn't think up a more proper response than whatever the hell this is?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

This went from 0 to... 30 over a few hours. C'mon guys, you can do much better than that.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

If we went to 100 every time, we'd burn up the clutch, and, frankly, he's not worth the replacement fee.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Well this deteriorated fast. i necroed this post to get information and now its just a bunch of uselessness. time to unwatch now.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

@DaCaRi Nope, you caused this, you'll see this.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

That's just cold man.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

What makes the architects the worst? I don't get why they are the worst.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I'm working on an article. Probably not gonna be finished anytime soon...

I have the info, just need to string it all together.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

cool let me know when you finish it ill give it a read.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Commendations, Orders, and Titles

The article is up, now let's please torch this derailed thread.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
1. Big Patty Melt™

2. Original Chicken Tenders

3. Parmesian Chicken Salad

4. Kids Chicken and Slider Combo Meal™

Orders come with a side of fries or apple slices and your choice of bbq, ranch, ketchup, or our original spicy mustard sauce for only an extra $0.50

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

XD

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Oh, can i have a chocolate frosty/milkshake/ice cream, please?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Probably, and I think you can get Hot Fudge for only 99 cents more.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
I'd like fries with that, please.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Ok thanks. Apparently I'm in the order "Sage".

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
50 - 60% of everyone is apparently.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Cool.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I am a Sage XD

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Since when is this a thing? I'm looking at you @JJJ-thebanisher

Also, where my fellow architects at?

Edit: Why do some people get special names?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

They are the people with most commendations of the previous day :)

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Not quite. Prefixes are all time commendation earners and the postfix is yesterday's top earner (tiebreaker is EXP points).

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Ahh..I see xD

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I must gain EXP!

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Wait, why did I just notice the usernames are different colors?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago
Item #4:

The best order (in terms of commendations) over the past 24 hours will have different color usernames on the forums. (Will update overnight).

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Orders are automatically assigned based on true facts and visible on one's About Page.

Sages are the smartest and wisest, giving them +5 superiority measures on account of being superior to the three other orders, with another point for being the most superior, and another in addition for not being an architect.

Wardens are made to protect and enforce, thus giving them legal authority and technical superiority to the lesser orders, allowing them +3 superiority measures. 2 for the other two factions they are superior to, and another for not being an architect.

Marauders are a disorganised band of misfits and barbarians, but at least they aren't Architects. +2. Sheerly not being an architect gives them one superiority measure. They also are superior to architects, giving them another point.

Architects suck, and therefore have no superiority measures.

Having a red username in the forums doubles your superiority measures. Having a bold red username quadruples your superiority. Having the biggest penis/vagina out of all the users quintuples it by the amount of trophies you have, therefore making me the most superior person on the website

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You can't quintuple x by y. You can quintuple x or quintuple y, but quintupling x by y doesn't mean anything.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I mean, it's supposed to mean it's x5 for every trophy you have. Should have reworked the wording, but it makes sense, since it's mostly bulsch anyway.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

SO MUCH MATH. MY BRAIN IS MELTING.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Wait, you totally can. X by Y is XY, quintupled is 4XY.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Eh, he still wouldn't even be the most superior person of his order if we're going off on his criteria.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Obviously, as I'm the best.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Wait, who are we talking about again?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Do they not teach you reading comprehension at your school? 

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I don't think they learn that in Kindergarten

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I am in sixth grade.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

10/10 Review of the orders. Someone commend this.

"Architects suck, and therefore have no superiority measures"

Best quote of 2017 so far

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

for some reason i sense some bias here. by the way the fact that endmaster is a marauder definately gives us +4 superiority. therefore making us better than sages. :p

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

No, that's only Endmaster. He's superior despite the fact that he's a marauder, not because of it.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

i never said he was superior because he was a marauder. i said the marauders are superior because of him.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I know. I said he doesn't elevate marauders, he's just above the rest of them. He's just proof that the order technically could be better than it is, not proof that it is better than the other orders.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

quit using logic when im trying to be illogical, it annoys me. lol

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Quit using crappy grammar and being annoying. It annoys everyone.

I'm an exception of course

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Sorry my arm keeps falling asleep. It's like trying to type with a wet noodle.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Go get a dry noodle and stick it in your arm, then use it to type

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I'm being illogical. It's just that my logically illogical logic is logically superior to your illogically illogical logic.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

LOGIC. It is what makes the best sentences with terminology.

P.S: Terminology, if you didn't know, is what a sentence is if it has one/more than one word(s) that are repeated over and over again. Example: "Time times time times time squared equals time times time times time times time"

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

It's TIME for you to leave.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Nice puns. XD

"MinnieKing, the new King of our grand Pundom."

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

That doesn't count. End is like, a total outlier in the marauders. I could say Berka and 3J are sages so +10 for us

Sages are bestt

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

we also have alexp and madglee so i guess thats another 10 for us as well. :p

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You think that just because you have some good people your whole order is boosted? That's not how things work around here. That's like teaming up with EndMaster to write a story and doing nothing while he does all the work and saying you deserve a bunch of praise for writing it.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

there you go being logical again. just to point out, the whole reason for stating that we were better because of endmaster, was to duplicate penguin's bias.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

At least Penguins made sense.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Never said I was being logical. I actually stated otherwise. That being said, I'm just going to move on now.

I feel as if there is more bad grammar there. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the period I put after "logical" be a comma?

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I don't know. Ask a grammar king.

Ok, bye bye.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You mean grammar nazi.

Fact: That really is what you call a person with too good of grammar for this world.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

I can't even.

Such a... Bobarian.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

Nice one. XD.

Grammar nazi's grammar is specificly so good that they will correct everyone with bad grammar. That is why they have too good grammar for this world. And it is why they are grammar "nazis".

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

You can only use the group superiority thing when you're the most superior faction. Our good people count, but your's don't. It's physics.

What is an "Order"?

7 years ago

It's kind of like black supremacy. Like... history just shows you're not a superior race, black supremacists. Come on! Also, Shakespeare wasn't black.