Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi! :)

7 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this site. It looks pretty awesome! But, I have a question: I know how to save a story (to continue from where I left), but i don't know how to load it! I try to open the story again, but it starts from the beggining. Please help. Thanks. :)

7 years ago

1. Go into "My Stuff"

2. Go into "Saves"

3. There should be the save of the game listed there. Click "Restore", and that should open up a new window that starts where you left off.

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

7 years ago

Thanks a lot! Have a good day! :D

7 years ago
Welcome to the site~

7 years ago

Thanks! :)

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

7 years ago

Thanks! ^_^

7 years ago
There's a lot of great stories here so I hope you find some you enjoy. What genres are you interested in?

Anyway have fun, and if you get the urge to do any writing yourself, drop by the Workshop for feedback and advice or come check out the prompt threads in the Creative Corner.

7 years ago

I'm interested in SF, Fantasy, or anything that has some "adventure".

Thanks! ^_^

7 years ago
Welcome aboard

7 years ago

Thanks! :)

7 years ago

Welcome to the site ^_^

7 years ago

Thanks! ^_^

7 years ago

Have fun and don't drink anything waffle flavored. It might be waffle juice.

7 years ago

Ok...I'll keep that in mind...*verifies the can of soda*