Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

I swear, I have the most strange habits in the entire world. Seriously, does anyone else have habits as odd as these?

1: Crying during G rated movies

I can watch the most gorey, depressing shit out there and won't even blink, but during all this disney shit i'm a blubbering baby. Seriously.

2: Sleeping like a burrito

This one makes me feel like a fucking toddler. I'll spread out a blanket, and roll myself up in it and sleep that way all night. No clue why, but it's strange in my book.

3: Eating ribs with a fork

They may be messy, but that's kind of part of the idea right? I use a fork to eat ribs. How strange.

Enough about me, because i'm about to slap myself for being an idiot. What are your weirdest habits?

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago
BD gave me his habit of not using proper CSS formatting so now I always code CSS as

Xyzzy {foo: bar; rab: oof;}

instead of the proper

Xyzzy {
foo: bar;
rab: oof;
}

Both work but I can basically only show BD my CSS without being called a degenerate.

Also: Tabs not spaces in Python. Come at me bro.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

You know I only do that when using line breaks is a pain in the ass or when I'm really concerned about file size, tho.

Also, since when is minified CSS degeneration?

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

First one's not that weird. Maybe those films just appeal to your soft side or something. You know like a parent could hear a hundred cuss words a day, but it's a problem when his/her own kid starts swearing. The second one - I guess we all have different comfort positions? Meh.

Frankly, though, I've never tried eating ribs with a fork. I usually just grab the meat with my mouth and sink my jaws into it. Using a fork, though? Kinda strange. But I suppose jabbing a fork in someone's side would be a neater way of eating him or at least an easier way to kill him. I might try that one day so I don't have to hear, "My bone! He broke the bone!" the next time I go for someone's ribs.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Don't worry about number 1. My dad cries during Disney movies too. And he's a cop. You should've seen him when we saw Moana.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Isn't that the one about the demigod with a pudgy baby face and some lady who wants to go on the ocean?

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Basically.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Yeah that one was actually one of my favorite disneys so far... But the part were the guy pissed on the ladys hand was a bit disgusting.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Yeah. Still, it was a great movie. I'm just happy to finally have a Polynesian princess in the Disney franchise.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

My favorite part was when the giant flame monster was charging at her and she was just like,

Derp.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

What about that kid that showed up when she was teaching the hula? That was amazingly accurate. 

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

I also cry like a baby during kid movies. I went and saw Sing yesterday and cried three times during the movie. There aren't even any deaths, I'm just a huge crybaby.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Coincedence, I saw that one yesterday too.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Yeeeaaahh, "coincidence" haha, yup totally a coincidence. It's not like I'm stalking you or anything...that'd be CRAZY! Pshh it's juuuuust a coincidence.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Y-Yeah...

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago
Sleeping like a burrito is great when it's cold, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Other than that, various people throughout the years have commented that I have a strange mix of accents/or no accent, or have asked if I've ever spent a considerable amount of time in Canada or America even though I've never been. My mum's from Shandong and my dad's from Shanghai. Both of my parents never had any accents either (even though Chinese accents are pretty distinctive, comparable to American accents imo). So idk about this one.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

1: Crying during PG-13-Rated TV cuts of R-Rated Movies.

I've seen Leviathan and only thought, "Well, that sucks". But I remember one movie I was watching where this chick was giving only the most ham-fisted corny slasher-movie bullshit speech about how Jason could kinda-sorta be a more sympathetic character. Didn't notice it at first, but I realized I was breathing heavier. Not like post-exercise-I-have-Health-Problems breathing, but the kind of slow breaths you have after coming away from one of those suicide videos people post for shock trolling, and then you read the whole backstory about it. To this day, I can't pin down why that cheese moved me to actual, physical sadness, but it happened, and I still see Jason as more of a lighthearted tragedy than a bad horror franchise.

2: Sleeping only on my left side.

When I was a wee lad, I heard that Ninjas slept on their left side, because it's harder to stab all the way to the heart what with all the lungs and ribs in the way. And, so, I only slept like that for a long time to cope with being a barely-english-comprehending-kid who was afraid of the dark. Recently, it's gotten to the point where I can fall asleep in other positions, but laying on my left side is just so much comfier and instinctive at this point that it feels impractical to sleep in other ways.

3: Not sure I have a parallel for this last one. I guess I like flat sodas and hate pop tarts. And I also use silverware to eat ribs, but that's usually because I have other food with me.

Point is, there's no need to feel kiddish. After all, I'm the most adult person on this website, (the fact that I pretend to be a poorly drawn penguin person who considers nazis un-people and I argue with people on the internet for hours about things that don't exist notwithstanding.) and also clearly the most sexually attractive person on this website, so you should be honored that you share habits with me, of all people. It's a good omen. It's a sign that you may get laid before college, and/or will wrestle a Nile Croc and win. (Both in completely unrelated circumstances.)

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Already did the nile croc thing, but I might not get laid for a few more years eternities.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Oh, same. *cries* 

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Hmm. I wish I had a good meme for this moment.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

If only Chris were here. He's bound to have the perfect memes for this moment.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

*Blows a conch*

Chris, we need you!

@Chris113022

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

@Chris113022

In case he comes on.

Edit: Lol you beat me.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Welp two is better then one I suppose xD

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

It's just insurance incase one doesn't work.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Nationwide is on your side.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

What?

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

What? It's what all the TV's are saying these days.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Where? My TV doesn't say that. Then again it doesn't speak...

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Really? Every five seconds my TV says one of these things:

"Nationwide is on your side"

"Buy the new and improved wubble bubble ball"

"Fuck off clinton"

"Bug spray, for all your bug spraying needs."

"Pringles are great! Buy lots of them!"

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Well my TV is always stuck on sesame street and other kiddie crap.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Mine is 99.99 percent commercials.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

What is your favourite then?

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Don't really have one.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Interesting, all my tv says is, "kill all humans," and "humanity will fall to the superior robot race." 

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Either your TV is drunk or you need to take a steel bat and smash it into a million pieces.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Eh, then I'd have to buy a steel bat AND a new tv. I'll probably just treat it well and hope it spares me when it takes over the world.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

If that fucker tries to enslave me I will not hesitate to smash its wiring up and then throw it off a cliff. Then I'll find it at the bottom, step on it, crush it with a few rocks... Hm, we need more blender action. I'll toss it in a blender with some orange juice, make a nice smoothie and drink it. Then i'll piss it out and your insane TV can live as a liquid in the sewer.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Orange juice?! You're going to put my tv and I in a blender together then drink us?! At least I'll die an interesting death.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Hmm, some bananas would go nice in the mixture.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

Man, I'm still waaaaay too drunk from that New Year's party to comprehend this.

And I don't have any crocodile memes.

Bye.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago
Sleeping on your left side makes it easier to sleep and your acids or whatever won't bother you in the morning like it would if you slept on your right side. :3

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

I like smelling my upper lip for some reason. No idea why I like it.

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago
I'm not sure if this is weird or normal, but I always quadruple check that my bookbag is zipped, and I always look behind me every minute I'm walking with my bookbag on.

When I'm bored, I feel the need to use my mouth, so I usually clench my teeth together (horrible habit—don't do it!) or grab the nearest snack. It's terrible. I somehow manage to maintain a healthy weight. xD
OR, I would just cross my legs and spin the leg on top in little circles like I'm doing right now.

I randomly check if I'm clean sometimes. Like, I would just check my clothes to see if anything weird is on them or something and groom my hair and rub my face (also a bad habit; can cause irritation and loss of elasticity if do it a lot, not to mention spread germs.)

I also curl up when I sleep! :D It feels warmer and makes me a smaller target. I actually do this subconsciously sometimes when I'm awake. >////<

I eat most things with a fork or chopsticks. Heck, I used to eat French fries with a fork! I don't like getting my hands dirty. (Except with death and blood, of course. CX I'm kidding. ;-;)

"Odd" Habits.

7 years ago

I have a few nervous habits such as tapping my fingers on a table, playing with objects such as pencils or a watch if I'm wearing one, and, by far the most odd one, interlocking and twisting my fingers together in different directions. I also occasionally bounce my right leg rapidly.