Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Sherbert

3 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=Sherbet

I don't know how the hell this noob managed to rate every story on the site and get the 100% trophy in just ten days, but I do know that all the rest of us you apathetic blobs should be deeply ashamed.

@Sherbert Congrats!

Now tell everyone else how much they suck.

Sherbert

3 years ago

I didn't realize that it was much of an achievement, but this congratulations is deeply appreciated! I'm actually going through a pretty rough breakup at the moment, so this massive storygame reading binge was a really nice escape for me. I hope to contribute a few of my own in the future.
You (and several other authors) have made the past few days a lot easier for me, Mizal, and this post feels like the icing on the cake. Thank you very much.
By the way, the rest of you completely suck.

Sherbert

3 years ago

Sorry about the troubles with your love life, that's always so messy.

But haha, you made the rookie mistake of thinking people hang out on a story site to read. It is a fairly big deal to get that trophy, there are people who have been around for years and don't have it.

....and damn now I'm gonna have to make a push to rate more things so I can join you in scorning the others.

Sherbert

3 years ago

Is that so? I figured a fair share of people would have it, but then again, I guess some people probably come here to write more than they read. 
Anyways, from the looks of it, you have plenty of much prettier trophies anyways, so I'm sure there's room for you to do some scorning of your own. Thank you again for the congratulations, I'll do my best to be a proper contributor to the website in the future.

Sherbert

3 years ago
I got 100% back in the day in about the same amount of time. Though I cheated to do it and I'm skeptical it could be legitimately done in such a short time.

Sherbert

3 years ago
You should make chanbot a story reading/rating bot.

Sherbert

3 years ago
He's done that, and lost several hundred points for it.

Not that his points total matters anymore, there's no telling how far in the negatives he may be.

Sherbert

3 years ago
Congratulations on your reading, Sherbet. I hope you feel better about things soon. But still read stories anyway. I suck.

Sherbert

3 years ago
I think we can all agree, Cricket sucks.

Sherbert

3 years ago

My jaw actually dropped when I saw this.  Are you one of those magic people who can read, like, eight books a day?  Or is ninety-nine percent of the human race just not operating at it's full potential?  Either way, great job. I'm going to go back to aimlessly surfing the forums instead of being productive now if you don't mind.

Sherbert

3 years ago
That's 1,116 games in ten days. So about 112 a day.

I'm actually really confused by this now because even assuming 15 minutes per game, that's 28 hours of reading a day. Although arguably many games don't take a whole 15 minutes to realize they're garbage, and she read an unknown amount as a lurker that she probably just clicked through to an ending this time around.

Or maybe she's just an impressively advanced GPT bot.

Sherbert

3 years ago

taking into account the fact that she may have been lurking for awhile makes more sense.  I sorta assumed that anyone who was lurking for a long time before creating an account would skip over the ones they'd already read, thus not hitting 100 percent, but I guess if she hadn't been on here for a long time, she might have forgotten the titles of the games she'd seen before, and clicked on them again.

I still like the idea that she's just a magic speed reader person better though.

Sherbert

3 years ago

She?

Question everything. 

Sherbert

3 years ago
I wondered about that as well. I know the anime avatars are usually guys who only sometimes pretend to be girls, but the name seemed female-ish..

Then again, so did 'Meg'...hmmm....

Sherbert

3 years ago

It was more so a combination of just being a fast reader and insomnia. There's quite a few storygames here that take around between one and five minutes to finish (mostly ones with a rating below three). Many of the more time-consuming games I'd already beaten during my lurking days, such as the Walmart Game and Fairview Jurassic Park, so knowing the solutions definitely played a role.
Also, just to clear up any confusion now, I am a guy.