Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

CYBORG ARENA: ENERGY WARS

one month ago

This is the description of a new story I have been working on:

In a high-tech future where dominance is defined by power and strategy, you command **Xerion**, a battle bot of unparalleled design, built for the brutal challenges of the arena. In this world, Energy (E) is the currency that fuels the relentless competition, and each battle won adds to your growing cache. Xerion, with its advanced engineering and formidable capabilities, stands as a testament to your prowess and strategic acumen in this fierce arena.

After your latest triumph, you have amassed 1200 E, a substantial boost to your burgeoning fortune. Xerion remains in impeccable condition, its systems and weaponry meticulously maintained and ready to confront the next formidable adversary. Each victory not only increases your wealth but also fortifies your position as a leading contender in the arena, driving you closer to ultimate supremacy.

Your success is supported by **Nexus**, your indispensable bot for Energy management. With your recent earnings integrated, Nexus now oversees a substantial 51,200 E, reflecting your strategic victories and effective resource management. Nexus’s precise handling of Energy is crucial, ensuring you are always equipped with the necessary resources to excel in the arena's demanding environment.

The arena presents an unrelenting series of challenges, where every battle tests your tactical skill and resilience. You must navigate these high-stakes confrontations with strategic foresight, pushing Xerion to its limits while meticulously managing your Energy reserves. Your ability to adapt and excel will determine your standing in this competitive and electrifying domain.

Together with Xerion and Nexus, you traverse the dynamic world of Cyborg Arena, where each decision carries weight and every fight contributes to your overarching goal. The pursuit of arena dominance and mastery over Energy management defines your journey, placing the future of the arena squarely in your hands.

one month ago

cool concept but i feel like the name "Nexus" is strangely common, and strangely assigned to both locations and peoples/things in so many books and stories. Its a bit of a nitpick but id suggest giving it a more unique name. Its the sort of name AI would use for things due to it popping up into its datasets much more often. Probably the best way to spot text written by AI these days.

one month ago

EDIT: Sorry for using AI, I promise I will never, ever use it again in a story.

one month ago
Yeah, and there's "Xerion" too. My initial sense reading this was that it all felt pretty generated, even the title and especially the opening sentence. And after reading the entire thing I'm at "definitely, unquestionably generated."

But I'll wait to see what an actual writing attempt looks like, the basic idea of mechs is hard to screw up even when someone is so uncreative they can't come up with it on their own.

one month ago

yeah, its kind of glaring. I tried to sublty suggest to him that people will notice that hes used AI here. I just tried to signal it politely to not be rude, and that we will keep an eye on it. 

one month ago
I've found over the years that there's too much background autism in the groundwater and soaked into the soil around here for 'polite, subtle signaling' to get very far.

It is very British of you though.

one month ago

Well, it's still a boring uninspiring steaming pile of crap.  If I was this noob, I would definitely be fessing up and blame the writing on a stupid robot, instead of trying to take credit for this waste of bandwidth. If I can't be interested enough to read more than a few sentences, no freakin way I would read a whole story like this.

one month ago

"Together with Xerion and Nexus, you traverse the dynamic world of Cyborg Arena, where each decision carries weight and every fight contributes to your overarching goal. The pursuit of arena dominance and mastery over Energy management defines your journey, placing the future of the arena squarely in your hands.'"

You think that  we are incapable of telling that this is AI generated.  God you're a worthless, spineless little fuck. Die irl 

one month ago

Well, thank you for giving me a warning of -100 points. Next time, I will work hard to suprass your expectations @heteromalk, @DBNB, @Mizal, and @mrcrimsonclean.

one month ago

People that try to pass off AI writing as their own on a writing site should be chemically castrated.

one month ago

I disagree.

The physical method is much more effective.

Joking aside, I encourage against the use of AI. Anything you are able to do on your own will serve your writing experience better than relying on AI as a crutch.