Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Just saw an old episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and they became obsessed with a game called Techpocalypse. I figured it would be some idiotic Farmville-type addiction, but checked it out. Amazingly, it seems sort of fun thus far, although I've only played a few turns.

The reason I bring it up here is because, in exploring these "ruins," I suddenly got a CYOA style choice: Which car do you want? The speedy race car, the utility van, the lumbering semi, or the mini hybrid? I chose utility van because this is the apocalypse, and now have been engaged in an 8 screen CYOA, where each choice evidently does make a difference, and one has to balance gas, with speed, with maneuverability to escape this massive behemoth vehicle with a terminator-style driver.

Could suck, who knows, but interesting enough to mention here.

I'm tribe Donkey Brains in Phoenix. Come join up, maybe I'll actually play for longer than a few minutes.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

... Sounds like it should be illustrated by those retro-cool 80's painted graphics... (Like Doom and IHNMAIMS)

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Link?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Search Google? First Link in the results?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I tried, and got some odd techno music site. 

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Where can I play this?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

http://www.techpocalypse.com/

It has graphics! Now I found a plant and had all these choices on what to do and ended up with +7 Plant lore.

Then I died when the monster had 1 hp and I dropped my stuff. That'll teach me to check in stuff at the Depot. I'm out of moves for the day.

At first it seemed confusing, but the little question mark in the upper right takes you to a quick start guide. I think I understand the basic principles. It entails everyone in the tribe to work together. I suspect that when I log on tomorrow, my base will be destroyed because I couldn't find enough boards to build a wall or a tower or any protection. Come see if you can join my tribe and then we'll be all powerful!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Donkey Brains in Phoenix eh? I assume you are Charlie then?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I registered for Donkey Brains I am Aeon

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

How do I select a area? It might just be my computor.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Just click on the little symbol in the area.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

There are no symbols just a tv with the states on it.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

There should an icon in Arizona that you can click on, if not then just click all over Arizona! =P

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

playing now.. will report my findings 

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

It's the dark room all over again. xD

Also I can start in Arizona. I somehow find this amusing. lol

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I'm not drawing shitty fan art this time, though.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Hmm... Start my own tribe or try and join one?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Fight the power, maaaan! Fight the machiiiine, maaaan!... Probably not the best term to use when convincing someone not to join a group that kills robots...

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

dude this is addicting... joi our tribe!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Can't, I don't do social networks, (this being the sort-of exception) but I'm so fucking tempted right now...

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

You could just make a fake person. lol I've done that before.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I'm just going to block everything from Facebook updating. It's not like a Facebook game. It's really bizarre.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

It says it is full though.

Looks like only 6 people can be in a tribe at a time I think.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Fireplay joining your tribe.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I noticed, somewhat confused on how to get more action points.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

you get a set amount a day. thats it

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

It's one of those wait to play games.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Ah, that's why I disliked it before I even started. lol

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Thought that would have been obvious from the original post.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I was not sure so I decided to check it out. :p

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Perfect for Madglee though, I suppose, since he has so little time in the first place.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

^ Yep. 

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Finally got the freaking symbol.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Wait... is the only way to sign-up through Facebook...? Terrible registration, if so. Facebook sucks balls.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I joined.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

yeah not hard to make a fake profile on facebook, takes about 30 seconds. Plus if you think ANYTHING you do online is private... then I feel sorry for you..

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Heh, this site is private enough. Everything is anonymous (unless you explicitly state it) and about 20 people tops follow the forums haha.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

every key stroke you make is logged in a datacenter in the US. every single one. 

Fact.

Its sucks, but the people voted for it in 4 elections :(

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Canada. 

We're just as bad, but our goverment is way sneakier about it!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Madglee knows where you live

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Oh yeah, Father told me that one a while ago. Kinda weird that the government sees my every e-mail, text, and can trace me via IP address. Can't believe people voted for that, and although it's disgusting by principle. I don't do anything 'bad', so I just try to forget it :(

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Everything you do can be considered "bad" by the goverment. Welcome to murica...

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

NDAA (National defense authorization act)

Any American, at any given time, can be taken into custody, for any reason at all, for an indefinite length of time, without trial, without probable cause.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/22288/ndaa-2013-allows-indefinite-detention-of-u-s-citizens-by-president

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

It's not so much the privacy I'm worried about as it is the stupidity of it. If I want to socialize with all my friends, I have a party, if I want to speak with someone in private, I go and talk to them. I don't prance around waiting for the whole world to drool over whatever bullshit I have to say, the idiocracy and blatant stupidity of many of the users when you know they're more intelligent than they're sounding, and then everyone trolling and flaming each other over it is what bothers me. Also, perverts and all that rot.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Dammit, Donkey Brains is full.

I'm going my own route.  Sorry...

C.Y.S.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

HOLY CRAP THAT GAME IS REAL!!!?? I wanted to play it so badly but I thought it was fake because it seemed so odd

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Holy shit you guys! I log in, expecting the base to be destroyed and find that you all joined my tribe and fortified the walls! We're powerful and I have more action points!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

nope we burnt the midnight oil!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I'm in Georgia and am Part of the Herdsmen East. Will we ever actually run into each other? It's a long while away.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

You dirty traitor. Yes, we can run into each other and kill.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I don't think we can run into each other, but let's use the in-game thread to plot tactics. Click on FORUMS > TRIBE and we can post there. I posted a Welcome thread and used another post to write a brief RPG-type message. We can remind each other to finish building, to gather resources, to explore, whatever in a RPG style where we are actually writing.

That way we'll have a significant advantage and others who aren't interested in the game, but want to write within the setting of a game, will want to play.

I think it's actually a pretty fun 15 minutes a day, and longer if you write a post. Anyone who joined from here who DOESN'T want to play anymore, please delete so you leave the tribe, as I have no ability to kick people out or anything.

Who here is on again? Aeon and who else? The tribe is full and I assumed it was mainly you guys. 

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I'm in as well

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I don't see the thread.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

>Make an account
>Try to play the game
>fail
>Fail some more

UGgggg

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Weeeeeeeeeeeell my tribe is dead. But on the bright side is our tribe had five times more glory than the the next highest, soooooooo....

New Tribe in Pheonix called "CYS"

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

We're doing pretty well and still the highest glory, but I think a lot of people have stopped playing. It might be me and one other. We need to finish the tech building and upgrade the HQ and guns fast.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago
How do I sign up? When I go to the site it just has some twitter and facebook updates from them.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Unfortunately, there's no way to kick people from the tribe. All the slots are full even though several people aren't playing. The thing to do will be to create a tribe with "Friends only" and make up a password or whatever.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I created a new tribe called CYS and made it so only friends can join. If you tell me your usernames in Techpocalypse, I will invite you.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago
Same as here bud I believe.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Click on this link to join:

http://www.techpocalypse.com/?refer=52ae6d2b80326218c4b6c521

I tried to add Aeon, Aeon Spiral, AeonSpiral, but none worked. Uncertain why. Obviously still in Beta. Maybe I'll just give up. It's impossible to win by yourself I suspect.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago
Yeah its AEON. IDK. Weird. I wanna ply madglee! Don't quit :(

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

And mine is Delta :P pretty damn obvious.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Just signed up as Forge, char name Mirror, dont think I was very smart though lol

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I signed up, it looks fun!

Cant seem to join madglee though... Oh well, I'll give it a couple shots by myself first.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

OK, going to try to add you guys. Not sure if it won't work if you're already in game or what.

Didn't work. OK, I know what the problem is. We all have to be "friends" before we can join tribes that are private. Let's all start a game together, name the tribe something we all know - CYS is taken and I'm stuck in there.

I created a new Tribe called Wasteland Rangers in Phoenix. I added Aeon as a friend. I don't see the rest of you. Join quickly. Once someone joins, I cannot kick them out.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Ok made a new account and joined

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I can't do it ATM but I will.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Good work Forge. And who's hmm? Anyway, if you check in at the main home base hut, you can see a tab that says "Tribe." In there you can post forum messages only the tribe can see.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I'll see if my sister is off the computer. If so then I'll be able to join.

... Fuck, she's not...

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Eh, i honestly liked die2nite better.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

What's die2nite? I just found another game called cardhunter.com which is really complex and was partially designed by the Magic guy, Garfield something.

[EDIT] die2nite looks cool. Reminds me of Fallout. Trying to determine if it's pay to win.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I beta tested card hunter.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I've decided Techpocalypse makes me want to tear my eyes out. Until one can kick people from a tribe, the game's unplayable, because you need teamwork to survive, and people will join and then go idle.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

We only seem to have Pea idle atm though and still free spots in the tribe still.

Ps, did a little repair work and dropped more construction resources into the depo since its needed for fire. was wondering though I found some of armour, do you want me to leave it int he depo between turns  or just keep it?

Also some things gain points and other tasks don't, any pattern to this?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

OKAY I am back. I am in Ohio and my internet was set up while I was gone. I have the power again!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

OK good work. Dude, don't check in at the garden, man one of the useless turrets because we don't have a fire pit. We need to defend until we can find enough bricks and planks and hefty rocks to upgrade the main base and rebuild the walls.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I want to kill his entire family, that Pea. You can keep armor if you need it, otherwise give to tribe. It's fine to save a couple things so you can carry out your plans, in my opinion.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Started a new one. Phoenix. Wasteland Rangers.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

wait... is that the current one?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

it says our base was destroyed.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

dear god the game is just freeze after freeze after crash right now

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

What's your techpocalypse name? I'm trying to join but I can't get off the screen that says my tribe was destroyed.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

you have to hit new game. Waste land rangers. In pheonix

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I don't have the option

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

mine was hidden by the banner at the bottom

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

How do I remove the banner? And now it's not even letting me into the site -_-. Yaaaaaaaaay

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

ya The site is crashed for me too...

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

It's back for me! :3

Techpocalypse

10 years ago
Cool I will jump on soon

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Have you figured out how to start a new game? I still can't find anything

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I built a chopping block so I could build the robotic hull fragments needed to complete our quest. We still have plenty robotic remains left if you guys want to build the fragments to build as armor

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Also placed the evil identichip thingy in the depot along with three or four pieces of armor for you guys who would rather not be knocked out (and have to waste AP on health). If anyone uses the identichip please place it back in the depot for the next person to use it, they don't come along that often.

EDIT: Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I was wrong, they're not uncommon because I just found three more before I ran out of AP. It would still be polite to put them back until we hit six chips though.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Well logged in and everything was destroyed. Anyone up for trying again?

nvm its full already

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

yeah we have a sweet tribe right now Wasteland Rangers or something another. In Pheonix. Join up!

Okay I found some helmets fully upgraded 2-3 walls, upgraded the saw. Fully explored the burning cabin, and semi wreck. Found myself a welding mask (armor +16) and deposited a TON of supplies to the depot. Im checked in as I am out of action points. :)

Someone needs to upgrade our only remaining spike wall. 

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I started upgrading the spear tower, deposited a FUCKTON of supplies, 8 of which being wood planks, very useful, and I found a priceless safe. I need a military security card to open it, but good find, right?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

absolutely! i found a magical treasure chest that i got 2 pieces of bolted lumber out of. I started exploring that cave on the right. 

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

If you follow the path to the northeast that Madglee made you'll find a slaughtered Army platoon, which you can loot to potentially find security cards. In my tribe in Georgia I found one after killing a crazed ex-soldier, which may be around the platoon, I haven't checked

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I've been busy mining stone to get past the first upgrade, I think I upgraded every wall but two because I ran out of action points. Once the final one is upgraded I'm heading back to the cyber forest and grabbing what I can find. It looks hella advanced and wood is one of the many options, possibility of bolted lumber maybe?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Just checked the depot (and grabbed myself one of Aeon's nifty fire helmets) and we have more than enough stone to upgrade the fence, if anyone has the AP yet. If not I'll do it in a few hours when mine regenerates for the day.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

your welcome for that hats. I suggest everyone grab one. I am out of AP also satiated for the day so no go there either. when I do regen I am gonna finish off the remaining piles of crap around the base.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Hey guys, we can use the forum in-game, too, for ease of sending each other messages. (I don't get to get on here as much as I like). You have to check into the main base and then there's a forum tab with forums just for our tribe.

I made the mistake last game of upgrading the home base. Once you do that, it takes away the walls, so we want to make sure we have enough lumber, stone, bricks, and steel planks to at least put a wall around the depot. I think that should be 18 of each we'd need in storage. We really need a garden, too, so even if one gun-tower falls that might be good, as we have no hexes yet.

What's up with the "mystery cave?" Maybe we need rope or something; I can't interact with it.

[edit: was a bug on the mystery cave. I explored straight northeast from our east wall and hit the other tribe "moors." Not sure if we can attack or what. You guys understand about checking in to a turret or base at night, right? And craft yourself things in the craft menu so you can upgrade your armor and weapons and stuff until we find random drops. At least, that is my strategy; just wanted to make sure you knew you could do that.]

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I got some cybridium alloy and 2 recipes for y'all~!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

You need a torch to explore the cave and there's a forum button at the top for me where can cycle between the tribe, region, world, etc. forums.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I found a city to the left....

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Hmm, a city that you can explore? What does it offer? I'm probly gonna check out that tribe since I have the crystal shards I found in the cave that give me +13 damage

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Sorry not a city. Its a cramped apartment building. AND IT IS LOADED with looot

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Ok so I am poisoned and have like 3 broken bones.... FML

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I had a dislocated shoulder and it seemed to fix itself, so hopefully you only have to deal with it for one turn.

How'd you manage to get poisoned, though?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

some sort of cyber spider.

also if you come across a home/apartment/hamlet and find a scared kid dont try to talk to it. damn thing bit me for 50 dmg.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

At an old tribe I figured cybers were following/watching it so I just kept on searching in the outskirts and left him to die. Turns out I was the good guy all along ^-^

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

THIS. IS. AMAZING.
There goes my life

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Somebody took the safe! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

That sucks :(. But if it makes you feel better got one from killing two of those robotic angel thingies  that had grouped up and all it had was building material :/.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

please check my new thread in the in game forum

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

our tribe was destroyed guys :(

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Well, at least we got farther than I ever have before (probably because half the time I would end up working alone). Aeon, do you pay the game for the better character types? Is that why you can repair the HQ? Because I can't, and I read a global thread where someone else mentioned that you can't.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Pay? Like real currency? Heck no. I just logon and play the game lol

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I created a new Wasteland Rangers in Washington. Come join me

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

http://www.techpocalypse.com/?refer=52a5196780326218c4968deb

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Dam you Americans for naming your famous city the same thing as a state then putting them on different sides of the country, I spent 2 mins trying to click on where washington DC was before remembering there was a state called washington too.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Expanded our turf, built up a few walls, built a chopping block and spear barrier, and found a quarry, glittering mansion, and apartment building to the south. We have enough wood to build the last wall but I just didn't have the AP to build it.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

GREAT! I ran out of AP but got most the walls built and tried to expand our territory around the HQ

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Finished the walls off and added the apartment to our area so its safe to scavenge now. Dumped a pile of building supplies to the depo so we just need to spam the quarrey to build a fire pit at least.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Awesome. I take it you are mirror?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

He would have to be. We also need the quarry to build stone walls. I'll get on that. The firepit will help us manufacture brick as well (although I don't remember at what level it starts doing that)

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

That's odd, because I'm not able to repair the HQ. I can repair any other building but that.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I think only the founder can repair HQ. I couldnt repair that either last time around.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

So I built a garden and a tech building.

Now I am stuck down 2 hexs south

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Haha being bullied by an evil toilet, got you clear now :)

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

You guys know we need to check into the garden, right? I would but I'm in the tower

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

I'm in there

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

yaay teamwork!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Thanks for muckshoving that commode outta my way bro!

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

lol who the hell is Srgntpoliteness? Anyone from here?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

All right guys, I ended up pulling an Aeon and getting trapped on my way back from exploring a house to the south. Can someone kill this bad boy so I can get back to the defensive towers?

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Your clear methinks

Got a bunch of resources then used them on 2 of the walls and upgrading to the furnace to help with construction etc. checked into spear place.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

We need one rope to upgrade the building in the right top hex of the base

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

ok important messages up in game o the forum there. check em out. make it happen :)

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

new tribe guys.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

Just need walls now. Got everything else going well but cant find the dam planks.

Techpocalypse

10 years ago

this is my last go at this game. frustrating.