Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Teletubbies! :D (Childhood TV shows)

9 years ago

Whoever the fuck hasn't heard of this show whilst growing up doesn't know the meaning of childhood...

Anyways, I just thought I'd make a thread about what TV shows you guys watched/still watch that made up an awesome part of your childhood (because I know some of you still watch this shit XD)! I can say Thomas the Tank Engine, Bob the Builder and Teletubbies were all there. Later down the line I got into a bunch of old TV shows I don't remember, but then I stopped watching TV in favor of the internet and anime, since it's less shit. 

Random talk aside...share with me your publicly humiliating favourites from when you were about 8 or younger!

9 years ago

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. The horror...

9 years ago

I loved Mister Rogers' when I was a kid. That and Sesame Street. XD

9 years ago

I watched those, too.  Neighborhood of Make-Believe, FTW!

9 years ago

Don't mess with Rogers. He's an ex-marine sniper.

9 years ago

He isn't.... He trained to be a minister. He's the shiz, tho. I wanna live in the neighborhood. 'Cept for the puppets. They were creepy.

The internet keeps spreading that rumor but jeez he wore sweaters his mom knitted for him on the show and used his real voice cos' he didn't want to be a fake.

9 years ago

He is too. Just because you trained to be a minister doesn't mean you can't get drafted into Vietnam. I mean, you could be a concientious objector, but only if you're an actual minister at the time, not training.

8 years ago

Now, he reminds me of Norman Bates.

9 years ago

Ed, Edd n Eddy was the shit.

9 years ago

I could never watch it, but I did get to see a few episodes over at my grandparents house. Don't remember it, though, aside from the title. 

9 years ago

I tottaly agree with this statement!

9 years ago

its about purgatory just saying 

8 years ago

xD That's just a fan theory.

9 years ago

Captain Kangaroo and Underdog and The Lone Ranger and Our Gang and...and...and...!  I better just stop.  *sigh*

9 years ago

Tinky-Stinky

Dipshit

Ba-Ba

Do'h

9 years ago

I had a doll of the Red Tubby which I'd sleep with for years. 

Urm, I used to watch CatDog, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, etc.

Timon and Pumba show was also good, oh and the Mickey Mouse club (the animation club, not that club for toddlers).

8 years ago

Ahh, Yu-Gi-Oh... the memories.

You had a Teletubby doll and you slept with it? >.> I always thought those dolls looked kinda creepy.

8 years ago

Teletubbies look creepy, doll or not. When I was four, I watched one episode of Teletubbies and I stayed awake for nights, fearing one would murder me...

Oh well. My mind was still trying to form correctly. Though, I still imagine them in Five Nights at Freddy's style.

8 years ago

Well, they did, yeah.

xD Actually, they'd probably make great villain animatronics.

9 years ago

Kenshin, G-Gundam...Ghost in the Shell...at some point Higurashi...Samurai Jack...Grim Adventures...

Am I lucky for turning out to be an ever-bonged person instead of an otaku-plebe?

9 years ago

SAMURAI JACK!

My favorite episode is when he had to find new shoes. Ah, the good ol' days

9 years ago

Never heard of the teletubbies. Watched thomas and bob though. They got annoying by the time I was six.

9 years ago

Thomas was depressing as fuck.

8 years ago

I dunno about depressing, but even when I was a kid, it bored the hell out of me.

9 years ago

All the usual suspects during that time period like Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers and the Electric Company. Some other shows too, 3-2-1 Contact, Big Blue Marble, etc. This was all that PBS stuff.

Since I lived near Canada, I could also get all the Canadian children's programing as well. (Polka Dot Door, etc.)

Sort of weird though since on Sundays, if you were watching at a certain time, everything would be in French and other times it would be in Spanish! I guess there was sort of bilingual deal set up with the PBS station.

And of course a long list of all those Saturday morning cartoons and afternoon cartoons on the other stations.

9 years ago

I...I....I hated teletubbies. Freaking baby sun. Omigawd.

But I watched hamtaro.....That theme song rings in my head to this day. HAMTARO! WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER IT'S MUCH BETTER! (I have the video game for GBA, Ham-Ham Heartbreak. It's actually pretty awesome)

And Blues Clues! And I was sitt'n around with my sis and we watched word girl for a bit. I admit to liking it. Oh Jesus. Frick'n Word Girl.

And then there where those days where I thought Code Lyoko was anime.

Still dunno the plot.

9 years ago

Lyoko was about things in something like a cyber world f'ing things up for stuff in the real world, so a bunch of kids decide to go do X and Y shoving person Z into a tower so she can undo the f's given in that area.  Generally, any and all of them could have their asses kicked in the other world so as long as person Z can do the undo thingy.

So the kids almost die every time they go in later in the season.

8 years ago

xD I haven't thought about Hamtaro in ages. I think I might still have a drawing I did of that thing when I was 11 or something. Code Lyoko was fairly entertaining. I was able to follow the plot ok, but there were some details I remember questioning and never getting an adequate answer to, really.

9 years ago

I watched kim possible it was like my favorite show. Courage the  cowardly dog scared the shit out of me as a kid though.

9 years ago

I liked that show to, but neither of us liked it as much as Shad did.

9 years ago

ok didnt know what shad was and i looked it up. it makes me want to cry

9 years ago

I didn't watch any of those shows. I was too interested in the cooking network. I would always say, "Ooh! I wanna cupcake like that!" Or something similar. I was the absolute wierdest kid on the block. And I still am.

9 years ago

I used to watch all of the regular kids shows (Spongebob) and all of that crap.  But when I turned 7,  I found this Anime called Dragonball Z and I have been watching it ever since.  I can't wait until Revival of F comes out,  that is going to be awesome,  We finally get to see Vageta  get his  Revenge on Freeza!

9 years ago

Pakastani cartoons are basically American cartoons with an Urdu dub lol.

8 years ago

Dora *shivers in fear and horror* That's something called your parents wanting you to learn Spanish ;-;

8 years ago

I'd rather take a year of Spanish class...

Actually, Spanish class was fun. We got to eat tortillas that looked like balloons.

But, Dora... *Shivers*

8 years ago

The only show i really remember is Danger mouse.  The crow was my favorite. Then we moved & the new house didn't have TV. 

Years later, my wife gave me a boxed set of the show, & the crow had a totally different voice?! This stupid fake Italian accent instead of his normal stupid fake English accent.

8 years ago

... How old are you, anyway?

(Random, out-of-the-blue question that is relevant in my diseased imagination somehow)

8 years ago

Somebody just answered that question in the forums not that long ago.

8 years ago

I'm a chubby testicle-rat who is too lazy to dig through the forums.

8 years ago

Yeah, I remember reading it...

8 years ago

I vaguely remember watching Teletubbies, and another show called the Tweenies, but I'm not sure whether I liked them.

I still watch Winnie the Pooh now and again though. Not to mention... Tintin. hehe 

8 years ago

Who the fuck revived this thread? XD 

8 years ago

Is it bad that some of my favorite things to watch when I was little was real crime investigations documentary shows?