Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

CHOOSE YOUR WORDS WISELY!

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2015/02/28/business/28dress1-web/28dress1-web-blog427.jpg

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

blue.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Yup.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

White, with green seaweed shit on it.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Yellowish-green with blue and gold polka dots...

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Yeah, that dress totally fucked with my head. My sister showed it to me and I said it was white and gold. She told me it was blue and black and I was like... The hell are you talking about? It's white! ... Then later on, she showed me the same picture and I saw it as blue and black. I was completely convinced that my sister was fucking with me and that she was showing me a different picture than the one I saw before because... You know... The first dress was white and the second one was blue. Now I keep seeing it different every time I look at it... It freaks me out! cheeky

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

That's odd lol.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

It's shit coloured, seriously it looks like a turd.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
Truly it's just a really ugly dress...

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I agree.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
*saw title from a mile away* Fuck. I didn't think it'd reach so far into the internet as to infect this site...god damn I was hoping there wouldn't even be mentioning of it!

It's blue and black I don't understand how people can possibly see white and gold - and those who do must be trolls or fucking incompetent. I always just assumed it was people circlejerking saying its "white and gold" like fucking autists - but do people really see it as white and gold somehow? the colors are completely unrelated and there's no conceivable way for me to ever have seen this dress as white and gold in my life.

If it bothers me enough I'll put it in GIMP real quick and get the hex for every fucking pixel of the dress to prove it's blue and black.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
I saw gold and blue when I first saw it.

Now I know it's black and blue.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I saw blue and gold at first, but then I learned that it's black and blue with a gold tint because the designers of the dress are evil bastards.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

The facts are of course that the dress is blue and black, but that image still looks white and gold to me. Can't see it any other way.

At best the white has a blue tinge to it, but not seeing black at all.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Unless the flash was turned up, the dress was shiny, and the exposure time was turned way up, there's no way that was black.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

If white is in the shadows, it looks blue. 'Tis a fact of life. Haven't you ever looked behind you during the winter?

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
penguins are colorblind

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Betelguisians are ignorant onion-heads.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
many layers to our knowledge of colors - like ogres.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
blue and black fading to gold and light blue - not white under any circumstance. I took hex of random selection of 50 pixels per black and blue areas and averaged them down to four samples:

Blacks

Blues

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
It's blue and black.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

What the hell did you think I see?

Yeah it was whtie and gold to me.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

OH MY GOD ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME??

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Because the internet can be a fucking douchebag sometimes, I've come to the realization it's absolutely fucking pointless to discuss this topic anymore with anyone because there's truly nothing amazing about this damn dress. Why? Because each image you see on the internet is edited. Fucking EDITED.

Whichever sickly cunt first edited it, I fuckin' applaud you for your ability to change the world, sir! However, since you didn't leave a fuckin' watermark or something (probably to make it look legit, in which case you did the right thing) we can't tell which dress is the right one! You must be in the illuminati. 

The first image I saw of this, the dress was CLEARLY white and gold. No black and blue bullshit. But later down the line, I started seeing more blue and black (I still don't know how anyone can call that black) dresses, which was fucked. That's when I realized one of them was edited, but it's impossible to tell because fuck the internet. 

Like Ford, I saw this thread a mile away, and, honestly, I was thinking of posting this. However, I decided against it because I've seriously had enough of this world's stupidity. I will say white and gold because, in the first instance I saw the image, it was quite clearly white and gold. But honestly, it's a fucking dress! Left Shark was cool, but this shit? Fuck off. 

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Me and a friend watched at this. She didn't know shit about all that. We were looking at the same monitor. It was black n blue for me, yellow n white for her.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I understand that. What I'm saying is, in this image, it looks black and blue, however, in other images across the internet, I've seen white and gold. I believe white and gold would be a more reliable colour scheme to go with anyway. Because seriously, the dress looks fuckin' ugly otherwise. It would be easier to edit it into a blue-black tint as well rather than the other way around (meaning it would be easier to edit it to blue-black FROM white-gold rather than blue-black TO white-gold)

I don't see why nobody has found this fucking dress yet either and just taken a goddamn photo of it to shut everyone up. 

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I think it's blue and black after all.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

It's because you're Greek, isn't it? :P

I think it's a sort of psychological bias thing. Whichever image we see first determines which we believe more. This certainly applies to me as well, however I've thought about this more than I should've, and I just can't see how the image -- the original dress image -- could've been blue and black.

Sorry for the rant, but this dress stuff is worse than WC.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Well fml, I meant to type "I think it was proven that it's blue and black". 

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Links or it didn't happen.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Different shades of blue and black. And who's to say that wasn't made after this little argument started? I just find it hard to believe that dress is the same as the one Drako posted. Not to mention it looks completely different XD

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
Well, it's been available on Amazon since January 21 of this year. Maybe it isn't the same dress, but at least to me, there's a pretty apparent resemblance between the two, minus what looks like some extra fabric at the top of Drako's image. Aside from color, what do you find so different about the two?

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

The patterns are off, as far as I can tell, but that could just be the way the dress is held. Also, it looks shorter and larger in Drako's image (again, could just be the angle of whatever shoddy piece of equipment was used to take this photo), but that's just personal opinion. Nevertheless, I've been swayed between both sides once again. *sighs deeply*

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
Blue and black. The dress is strongly illuminated in warm light. Though I can certainly understand how it could be seen otherwise.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

... Wow, people are getting REALLY angry about this fucking dress. cheeky

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

It's like the naked banana meme that this forum never had.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

... Aren't all bananas naked? frown

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is about the dress either. People who are genuinely color blind have to be laughing about all this.

(It's gray and darker gray just like everything else!)

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

FUCK YOU. IT'S MORE THAN A DRESS TO ME. 

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Look, to me it is white and gold, always has been. I know there have been photos of the original dress in black and blue but I don't see how that dress and this dress match at all. No matter which way I look at this picture, I cannot see black at all, it is clearly gold. Although I see blue and gold, I attribute the blue to the high contrast with the light - as seen in pictures of icebergs being white when hit with light and blue when in the shade. I dunno, perhaps it's just my brain overanalysing but I cannot see how this could be blue and black at all.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
>shares hex color codes
>clearly shows blue and black not white and gold under any circumstance
>tfw people still see white and gold when I have scientifically accurate data to prove it's blue and black

I know how bill Nye felt when he was in that debate with ken ham.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

^This.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Oh my god, not this again.

Black and blue. I don't even have to look at it.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
Then how do you know? Claircognizance?

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

What?

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
"Gain information about something through intrinsic knowledge".

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Ah, there's a new word to add to my vocab!

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
"what if black people have been gold this whole time?" -Abraham Lincoln

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Meh, most of them are always more of a varying shade of brown rather than true black anyway.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

^^^ That explains it all.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

It's asshole creator and moron raiser.

There, those are the colors.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Gold and White. 

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

FINALLY.

FINALLY, A SANE PERSON.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
ur a feckin loone

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

gu feck urself cant

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

only ur mum lelelele

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

God, this was on CNN! What the frick!?

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
I only knew about it from watching BBC News.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I had already known about it for a day or so, and then while we were watching CNN in class today...

"Before we go, we have something to show you..."

Up pops the dress, and I'm like "What the freaking heck?!"

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

There is no dress, you fools.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Oh, then what is it, then?

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

IT'S A FUCKING TURD!

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I know you are, but I'm asking about the dress.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I don't click links anymore, and I'm not really much of a fur-whatsit.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Cool story bruh, tell it to all those animals you've raped.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I'm too young for that, and I'm female. Females are a lot smarter, and won't do that. Plus, we have no ability to.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

GOD FUCKING  DAMMIT WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK I THOUGHT I ALREADY TOLD YOU FUCKING NORMIES WHAT THE FUCK A FURFUCK IS AND ISN"T YOU PIECE OF SHIT I WILL FUCKING BEAT YOUR COCKFUCKING ASS ACROSS THIS GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING FORUM UNTIL THE VERY BULLSHIT THAT JUST SPEWED FROM YOUR MOUTH POURS WITH THE BLOOD OUT OF YOUR MOTHERFUCKING EYEBALLS SERIOUSLY I SWEAR TO GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING JESUS CHRISTING FUCKLORD OF FUCKING FUCK!

Now that the obligatory furry vs. wc rant is over, feel free to continue dissing Wolfie. My job is done.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

I have a nickname now? Sweet!

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Ehem, Sent is right. I'm not a fur-

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT YOU'RE NOT A FUCKING FURFUCK YOU'RE A GODDAMN JITSTAIN ON THE ROTTING HERPES-INFECTED MOUTH PARTS OF SUB-HUMANISM YOU FUCKING CATFUCK WO-

I mean, yes. I believe I have some pills to be taking right about now...

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

Well, what you say I am is better than what iqqih says I am.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED BEING A FURFUCK IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN BEING A GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING WASTE OF FLESH WARRIOR JITSTAI-

Argh, stop being wrong, it's aggravating.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago

ISIS exists because of people like you.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

9 years ago
Here's the thing. You said a "jackdaw is a crow."
Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that.
As someone who is a scientist who studies crows, I am telling you, specifically, in science, no one calls jackdaws crows. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing.
If you're saying "crow family" you're referring to the taxonomic grouping of Corvidae, which includes things from nutcrackers to blue jays to ravens.
So your reasoning for calling a jackdaw a crow is because random people "call the black ones crows?" Let's get grackles and blackbirds in there, then, too.
Also, calling someone a human or an ape? It's not one or the other, that's not how taxonomy works. They're both. A jackdaw is a jackdaw and a member of the crow family. But that's not what you said. You said a jackdaw is a crow, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the crow family crows, which means you'd call blue jays, ravens, and other birds crows, too. Which you said you don't.
It's okay to just admit you're wrong, you know?