Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

New Warrior Cats Storygame - Idea Thread

8 years ago

So, as some/few may know, a few WC fans have come together with the intention to create a single, good WC storygame. Though, only five will be allowed to work on a single story at a time, so Rosetail, the current WC ambassador, has messaged a few chosen ones to assist us. These people were discussed by Rosetail and I, and these will be the people who are currently working on it, besides myself:

@Rosetail

?@Lichenstar

@Inkling

@LarkHeather

These WC fans have talent, motivation, and are all great at their own skills. Of course, this doesn't mean others cannot help. WC fans are free to contribute and suggest any events or ideas for the story, while non-WC fans are free to give constructive advice, as well as comment and ask anything. Please, we really want to create something to prove we aren't amateur children, and will take anything you say into consideration.

Alright. Now, this thread also be used as a way to communicate between the five, since PMs aren't helpful enough. This gives any CYS members passing through a way to see our plans, then hopefully tell us anything wrong with it.

8 years ago

I know I already asked Rosetail but when are we going to come up with a plot?

8 years ago

I think we should start by asking: are we going to make a story from scratch, or pick one of ours and enhance it to its maximum potential?

We all have WC games in the workshop, don't we?

8 years ago

In the workshop...? Eheh... *sweatdrop* *slowly backs away* I totally wasn't avoiding the forums for months...

Ahem. Anyway, I vote for creating one from scratch. Using an already created one may lead to some conflicts between ideas on the plot, and the workload wouldn't be as... even. If we made one from scratch, we could all discuss everything, instead of modifying an already created one for improvements that could mess it all up.

All in favor?

8 years ago

Good point... sure.

8 years ago

True.

8 years ago

I'm willing to help--not as a writer, though. Commentary, beta-reading, scripting advice, exc.

8 years ago

I'll beta-test, like Kiel_Farren wishes to do.

Also, is there a certain plot you wrote already?

8 years ago

None of the authors you're suggesting have published a game over 3/8. You should see if you can get a veteran writer aboard.

8 years ago

Someone entered one of my unpublished games via points or something because it has a rating.

8 years ago

Which one?

I often find myself doing that.

8 years ago

The Medicine cat one.

8 years ago

I played the medicine cat one, but I don't think I rated it.

8 years ago

someone did though.

8 years ago

What about.. Jaystarthecat?

8 years ago

Jaystar has certainly been here longer than you and me... I've heard things about Hollyleaf's Choice.

Bluefur also suggested AthenaT and Wolfmist.

8 years ago

*Cough* apparently last war, Wolfmist acted stupid. 

Apparently. 

8 years ago

"It's stupid like your face"

- Wolfmist's comment on a WC parody game.

But people can change.

You think I haven't accidentally started a WC flame war?

8 years ago

What...? 

Am i being mean...

8 years ago

I wouldn't consider it mean, but somewhere around the border line.

But it was more of a statement of a point.

8 years ago

I'm not normally mean/rude... But my friends are starting to find me annoying... Just tell me when im doing something wrong ^^ 

8 years ago

XD I remember those days when I was stupid. I was all over the place. Now I look at that comment and laugh.

8 years ago

Um ... for the record, by "veteran" I'm pretty sure Malk meant someone will experience in making a ... good story. Like, 6/8 minimum. Jaystar has some good concepts, but all of his stories are 3/8s and rather poor. AthenaT is the same. Wolfmist is a little better, but her best work is only rated as 'average' and that's ... only half her stories. The rest are 3/8s.

8 years ago

I know, but I don't think any WC fans have something like that... Any active WC fans, at least. It'd be strange having a non-WC writer working on a WC fanfic.

By the way, good to see you're helping us a bit.

8 years ago

It's not strange, though. Good writing is good writing. All they would really need is help from you guys concerning the lore.

:P I've been trying to help your fandom since it first arrived here, I just tend to do it more through PMs.

8 years ago

It's a matter of who, really. The co-author spots are also full.

I probably didn't notice. My first story was a 3/8, but I barely got help from anyone.

8 years ago

... I've been fighting myself on subject a lot. I see, I see. 

I may have been busy or just feeling really jaded at the time. Sorry.

8 years ago

We need the help of more experienced writers, I can see that. That's the reason why this thread was created, so those experienced writers can give us their opinions, tell us if we're doing something they don't think is a good idea.

It was a long time ago... But, I still did end up improving.

8 years ago

Someone rated an unfinished game of mine, so it's at 6 currently but it'll probably change when I publish it.

8 years ago

No, your game is very well done. In fact, that story is one of the reasons we asked for your help on this, I believe.

8 years ago

Which game?

8 years ago

The medicine cat one. XD

8 years ago

Ohhh.

Did you access it via points? wink

8 years ago

I'll work on the intro a bit.

8 years ago

Thanks! yes

8 years ago

Also, what Clans? What are they're names?

8 years ago

Who are the leaders?

What Clan is the reader in?

We really need to start communicating more.

8 years ago

Do we want the reader to be in a can at all?

8 years ago

I'm suggesting the normal clans. We already know about them, and they're from the original books.

8 years ago

So, does anyone have any ideas for the overall/main plot? Will the player start off as a kit? Will it be born in a twoleg nest, abandoned in the forest, born in a clan, or born to a mother in BloodClan?

8 years ago

This is more of an idea than a plot point but maybe there could be a prophecy sort of? It doesn't have to be based on the reader, it could be based on the reader's littermates or something and the reader goes with them to complete it? I don't know really.

8 years ago

... Please. Don't. >_<' Please.

8 years ago

Too generic and/or done to death?

8 years ago

Ohmygodyes.

8 years ago

It's more done to death than Bill Cosby's lovers Florida Man's alligator anything.

8 years ago

My thoughts exactly. There's always prophecies, and they're normally boring.

8 years ago

Clans get destroyed? A dog park gets build? The Twoleg Place explodes?

8 years ago

Clans get destroyed: ThunderClan was once burned down. They also had to leave to find a new home somewhere else.

Twoleg place exploding could be an event in the story, but it wouldn't make for a good overall plot. I think.

8 years ago

A nuclear weapon is setoff acrosos the country, and drifting fallout slowly kills all the plants and makes the cats sick?

8 years ago

I saw comments on games without prophecies telling the author to make it more interesting, maybe add a prophecy, and then games with prophecies saying "stop making it so cliche!"

Guess some people can't be impressed, but then again, different users.

8 years ago

Yeah, but we can add things other than a prophecy to make it interesting.

8 years ago

There also this short PM I received from Kiel, based on the storygame gategories of cYS:

"Fantasy adventure - Magic Cats. I've talked to you about this before. Set up a power source of some kind and from it, give each clan a set of magical abilities, preferably elemental. Special exceptions could be made for medicine cats (who could have psychic powers and healing or even necromancy) leaders (they could have the ability to give up one of their nine lives for extra power or give it to another cat to save/ protect them) ... exc. The actual plot? Up to you, but I have a personal appreciation for the whole "the power / power source was evil all along!" twist.

Sci-Fi - You were a human, but not anymore. In the middle of the forest, a mad scientist built a lair meant for horrifying, genetic splicing experimentation. He kidnapped you in the middle of the night and turned you into ... a cat! For funsies. You manage to get free--or you're freed by the WC, whichever. They could either mistake you for one of the cats stolen by the scientist for splicing or they could take you in out of pity. You befriend them, learn their culture, and together you all take down the mad man. Then you have to make the choice of whether or not to leave and return to your human life or to stay with your new family.

Mystery + horror - Warrior Cats Mafia! One (randomly selected via variable roll) cat is killing members of your clan off, one by one. You need to analyze the clues left behind before you're next. Try not to look guilty yourself, or your clan might turn on you. Twist? YOU are one of the randomly selected cats! Could be explained by a split personality which you can either defy or embrace. This could also get pretty dark.

Edutainment + Everything else - cat facts quiz, perhaps. What about WC is true to life, what isn't, trivia about the series, exc. I maybe sorta phoned in this one because I prefer the idea of the story that Inkling is already making: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/moonclan%27s-medicine-cats (but it needs more ... ... well, more.)

Modern adventure - You and a bunch of your fellow clan members are caught and taken away to a pound, in the city, far from home. The forest is being cleared out for land development. You need to navigate the neighborhood, learn about humans and their strange lives, befriend some of them if possible, and stop the destruction of your home before it's too late, all while keeping your fellow cats alive. It could make for some funny and heartfelt stuff, if done well.

School based - do something really different. Go anthro, (or full human, but I really like the anthro world idea) with the focus on you as a young teen going to school. Use characters from the original series and make them into teachers and students, friends / rivals/ bullies, so on. I'd heavily advocate a learning system based on an event checkpoint series like in Long Live The Queen. If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out, but it basically works with you choosing week-by-week what subject to study and having events occur to test your skills. You can only study certain things at a time and there are a lot of events, so you'll fail some of them no matter what you do, but what you study can lead to different paths and opportunities. It's a lot of fun, and it could be easily emulated here."

8 years ago

Fantasy... O.O I love fantasy.

8 years ago

Small addition I made after the fact:

(Love and Dating ... I'm just not doing. I can't honestly make myself think of a valid premise for WC love because I've seen it done so, SO poorly, I just can't.)

Pure Fanfiction - I've said this one before. Origin stories. The first cat? The first clans. How it all began. The code, their traditions, the first leaders, exc. Why deputies? Why medicine cats? What were the first visions from star clan, who was the first cat to join star clan? The first battle, so on and so forth.

8 years ago

I'm pretty sure that stuff is explained in the books... And yes, most WC games have terrible ways of getting a mate.

8 years ago

"Pretty sure"? Hmm...

8 years ago

*has not read a WC book for a few years* *cough* *is ashamed* Most of the money used to buy books is spent on video games, and I'm normally stuck on the internet/CYS, so I don't go to the library...

8 years ago

Yeah. Dawn of the Clans arc.

8 years ago

Pity, they thought of it first... oh, well.

8 years ago

True that. 

"Go with Milkstripe (she-cats)

Go with Dapplenose (toms)"

8 years ago

If we let the reader have a mate in this one, we should give them the choice of many different mates, and have them slowly develop bonds overtime to unlock the possibility.

8 years ago

Is there a rivalmance option or forbidden love?

8 years ago

Rivalmance?

Oh you mean two toms going berserk over you?

8 years ago

No? That could be an option though.

I meant like two cats don't get along and then somehow there's romance? Idk.

8 years ago

Ah you mean the "Anything You Can Do" sorta thing.

"I can catch a sparrow with a bow and arrow...."

Ah, the memories.

8 years ago

Well is there going to be an option for that?

8 years ago

I don't know. Should there?

I have real life experience in this (I think)

8 years ago

We can have one cat who likes the reader, one cat who's rivals with the reader, and one other cat who's a... rogue? They could all have different personalities, but be choices as mates.

8 years ago

We could. You could literally be mates with any cat in your Clan who's opposite gender, single and isn't a med. cat or med. app.

Why should there be only one option?

8 years ago

Exactly. By the way, do we actually want the reader to be in a clan? If so, can they choose which clan they want to be in?

8 years ago

not ThunderClan please.

8 years ago

RiverClan?

I like RiverClan.

"We are grace. We are power. We are RiverClan"

How can you not love that?

8 years ago

Sure, just not ThunderClan and I'm fine.

8 years ago

You can be mates with med. cats, but you shouldn't. That's forbidden love, as well as different clans. wink

lmao I tried to do rivalmance with Rainstorm but failed.

8 years ago

When you said "Anything you can do" I instantly thought of "Anything you can do I can do Dumber"

Anything you can do I can do dumber. I can do anything dumber than you. NO YOU CANT. YEA I CAN. NO YOU CANT! YEAH I CAN! Quit talking crap and prove your dumb, MAN!

XD

8 years ago

But if the Clans have elemental powers, what if a kit is half-clan? What if a rogue joins a clan? Also, wouldn't it make the cats a bit Mary-sue or would it be like rock paper scissors? 

8 years ago

Half-clan would mean being weaker in each ability, but have two? A rogue could learn to adjust, and eventually start to learn magic. I dunno... But I like magic!

8 years ago

half-clan having fire and water powers is a contradict goal.

8 years ago

Whut?

8 years ago

Well, you could go with the concepts of avatar ... like, for example: combination elemental bending. "What happens when you cross a fire-bender with an earth bender? Why, lava bending, of course! Air-bending + water bending? Cloud bending! Earth and water? Mud bending / plant bending. Air and fire? Lightning." Exc, exc. Alternatively, they could be users of both, but less powerful in those elements than a full-blooded clan user. Or they could just follow after the dominant parent or ...

... hell, you guys are writing this, don't make me do all the work. xD "What if a rogue joins"? I don't know. It depends on how you want the power source to work. Was it related to genetics now every cat born to the original cats also have the powers? Is it a clan right and you lose or gain the power by leaving or joining? Did every WC character get powers and did rogues get their own special ones? Who knows? It's your story. Be creative, dammit. xD

"wouldn't it make the cats a bit Mary-sue"? ... If literally all the cats have powers, how is anyone a Mary-sue? >_>' If even the majority of them have them, how is anyone a Mary-sue? Do ... you understand the concept of a Mary-sue, really? MSs break the universe that they're in. If the rules of that universe states that everyone has powers, then the average character having powers is average. Period.

"would it be like rock paper scissors?" ... I'm assuming you're proposing that one power would be better than another power, which is silly. Besides, don't think RPS. Think Pokemon.

8 years ago

"Think Pokemon". ... Pika-pi! Pika-pika chu! :D

8 years ago

Water bending would be called Hydrokinesis, fire would be pyrokinesis, air would be aerokinesis, cloud doesn't have a specific name for just clouds but weather manipulation is atmokinesis, plant manipulation not so sure.

8 years ago

Herbokinesis? Photokinesis?

8 years ago

Going by latin, plantaekinesis.

8 years ago

I'm pretty sure photokinesis is something else.

Agrokinesis is plants, just searched it up.

8 years ago

... Agro means "field," not plant.

8 years ago

Just because it means something, doesn't mean it can't go unto that.

Besides, there are multiple names for Agrokinesis and Plantaekinesis isn't one form my knowledge.

8 years ago

... The names are, quite literally, "noun" + the latin word for "movement." That is all they are. "Hydro" = water. "Pyro" = fire. "Plantae" = plant.

8 years ago

Search plantaekinesis. Then search agrokinesis.

8 years ago

I'm telling you what the proper term would be. Whether or not other people use the proper term is irrelevant to me.

8 years ago

Although a field technically is somewhere plants could be.

Also, atmo means air and atmokinesis is controlling weather, not air.

8 years ago

Eh, vapor, if you wanna get technical. And yes, "atmo" is because of "atmosphere" where the weather is found, so agro, for field, where plants are often found, is logical in that regard. But you were wondering about "plant manipulation" not "manipulation of a random location where plants can be found."

8 years ago

Anyway, here are some other names, perhaps they're more correct?

Arborkinesis

Botanokinesis

Chlorokinesis

Phytokinesis

Phyllokinesis

Phytogenesis

8 years ago

Botanokinesis~ yes, that would be correct.

8 years ago

Let me google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Photokinesis

8 years ago

I actually have a list of know kinetic disciplines, and that one was on there, haha.

8 years ago

Ability to control light. Knew it was something different.

I've been through so many kinesis and superpowers when I was super-obsessed with DC comics. I still am in love with it, I just kind of stopped constantly searching everything.

8 years ago

Umbrakinesis and Photokinesis. yes

8 years ago

When I say RPS, I mean for example, Geokinesis can beat the lava since people with geo can control that, but cyrokinesis. can beat Geo and Pyrokinesis can beat Cyrokinesis.

I know nothing about pokemon

8 years ago

Well water beats fire.

Fire beats grass.

Grass beats water.

Water beats ground.

Ground beats rock.

Rock beats fire.

Fire beats steel...

8 years ago

How would ground beat rock?

8 years ago

Let me dig up the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IW4kWWZg58

8 years ago

Pokemon logic.

8 years ago

We're not doing pokemon/warriors crossover since IDK how pokemon even works. I know about the powers because of DC Comics.

8 years ago

How Pokemon work? Look at the combinations Rosetail is posting. Xb But yeah, we're not doing a Pokemon crossover.

8 years ago

... Ugh. Inkling. I was using pokemon as an example, I am not suggesting a cross over. A cross over would be a terrible idea, pokemon is just an example of elements fighting elements. Avatar the Last Airbender works fine, too, it just only has four primary elements to deal with.

8 years ago

Sometimes things "win" because they just can't logically be killed by what's attacking them, or what's attacking them is naturally weak to it. Like ground beating flying. Ground is bigger and just ... isn't hurt by rocks, because it's the ground. Rock can crush a lot of things, but not the earth itself. On the other hand, water erodes them both, wearing away at their surfaces and weakening them into softer forms, like dirt into mud. But plants suck up water.

8 years ago

Flying is immune to...

I'm sure it was a typo.

8 years ago

xD You coulda waited for me to fix it...

8 years ago

Oh yeah... ^-^

8 years ago

Steel is immune to poison.

Poison beats fairy.

Fairy beats dragon.

Dragon beats dragon.

Dragon is resistant to electric.

Electric beats water.

Water beats rock.

Rock beats flying...

8 years ago

Fairy beats dragon

Poison beats fairy

Dark beats psychic

Dragon is awesome.

8 years ago

Overall Plot..... 

Born as a kitttypet? Flees. Um... Becomes a rogue until apprenticed age. ?

8 years ago

I'm basically (desperately) trying to get you all to break the mold. The monotony of the games I've seen is their absolute worst feature. Death to WC cliches! DIIIIIE! *ahem* But I realize it's not easy to get out of a pre-established formula, even with all of the best intentions, so hopefully these ideas can act as a push of sorts.   

8 years ago

With this WC storygame, we're hoping that it becomes something completely different from the typical, boring one. It's just... Most of us have read the books, and it's hard to break away from the plots in them. Though, we do consider every piece of advice given here.

8 years ago

How long will it be?

8 years ago

Long enough.

8 years ago

We want to make it as good as we can, so the length is probably going to be over 6/8.

8 years ago

But. It's. Fanfiction. xD I've made my favorite characters everything from vampires to half-octopus people to talking dragons ... to revamps of Disney movies. Playing around with the world and interpreting it in a new, fun way is part of what it is to be a fan. 

8 years ago

One thing is, some people really, really, really don't like it when people stray way too far from the plot. It basically destroys the actual plot of the whole series, which you should stick to. Fore example, if someone makes it that there are TWO deputies, that basically destroys part of the plot in the actual series.

8 years ago

" It basically destroys the actual plot of the whole series"

... No. No, it really doesn't, because if a fanfiction destroyed what spawned it, every anime in the world would've freaking exploded by now, along with every book, movie, and a few youtube stars.

"which you should stick to."

*rubs temples* If you want a canon universe fanfiction, yes. Stick to the rules closely. But fanfiction does not always exist in the canon universe. There are several incredibly good AU fanfics out there. Broaden your horizons, it's good for you.

8 years ago

Have you noticed how many people have cliche warriors storygames? There are two reasons for that.

1) It's simply because they don't have any other ideas.

2) They want it to be a canon universe.

I'm afraid if we do make it not canon, we'll get more flames than...un-flames? I don't know.frown

8 years ago

Have you noticed how many people have cliche warriors storygames? There are two reasons for that.

1) They're too stubborn take the other writers' advice and do something different for a change.
2) No one like me showed up with 6 ideas practically gift wrapped for them. xD

I offered you ideas that still fit within canon, though. The Mafia thing is one of the better ones I gave you, it's a popular concept on the forums right now as evidenced by the RPs, murder mysteries are classic best sellers, and you don't even have to make a new cast, you just have to drive some of them bat-shit insane for the lulz.

8 years ago

Mafia sounds good.

8 years ago

Fanfiction means that we're basing it off of the books... Right? We love the books, so it's hard for us to think of anything else.

8 years ago

That's not exactly true, the definition is a tad more ... flexible than just "we're making that, but kinda different." Fanfiction can involve just the characters from the original, or just the setting, or just the core concepts and plot. Or all of them. You can put the characters in new situations, you can create an entirely new cast in the same setting, and so on. 

8 years ago

I know, it's still just... difficult. We want to do something different from the books, but it's difficult because we're used to the books.

8 years ago

Use your:

It's a beautiful thing.

8 years ago

My

does not enjoy cooperating with me. In fact, while I'm trying to think of making a WC story, it's forcing me to think about a human's life in a planet full of vampires... Or a human being a psychopathic murderer. My imagination malfunctions a lot.

8 years ago

So combine them! xD Mafia IS "psychopathic murderer" as a cat!

8 years ago

The "psychopathic murderer" part was meant as a reference to one of my RPs...

8 years ago

xD Well, still.

8 years ago

My

Sometimes just completely shuts down.

8 years ago

Mine never shuts off or shuts up. That's why I've had insomnia for almost 18 years.

8 years ago

Insomnia sucks. Woke up at three. Slept for approx two-three hours.

8 years ago

Try that for nearly two decades. It's fun. I swear. >_>

8 years ago

I'll see how fun it is in 7-8 years 

8 years ago

Good luck, try not to die.

8 years ago

(I apologize if I am being completely stupid and not understanding anything about the warriors series - I've never read any of the books)

Possible way to start it.

It starts with a clan leader who has green cough. It has final thoughts, a detailed scene of running (which could be rather symbolic) and finally, his/her last moments. It shouldn't take more than a couple pages. Convey the emotion of resignation and regret. Then, have the viewpoint switch to a kit, just barely opening their eyes to this new world that is rapidly changing around it. Cats falling sick, and dying in front of it's very eyes. The first one it would see die would be it's mother. Convey the emotion of panic, a bit of horror, and confusion.

If you've already got the starting done and everything, then ignore this. It was just an idea that I had started working on myself before I fell into writers block and un-co-authored myself from the story, which the author hasn't been on for many many long months.

8 years ago

ohmygod what about a cat who was re-incarnated?

8 years ago

Eh.

Cinderpaw's just Cinderpaw, only known by Leafpool of her reincarnation.

So I don't know how it works.

8 years ago

exactly, so Cinderheart sort of had bits of Cinderpelt in her memory, we could do that.

8 years ago

And that paw flick thing and her looks.

´We could, but it wouldn't be necessary for Taco's intro.

Remember  the prologue Bluestar's Prophecy?

8 years ago

Nope! I tend not to read prologues. By tend I mean never.

8 years ago

Well that's about exactly what Taco suggested.

The prologue was Blustar that glorious moment when Bluestar fell in the river with the dogs, and then died on the shore with Stonefur and Mistyfoot.

It ends with her closing her eyes for the final time alive.

8 years ago

=\ The problem with that is that I can't see your audience caring about their former life. Why would they? If you want to have the character reincarnated from a previous important in-series "great", that's ... nice, but it's meaningless to non-fans, and it's hard to think up a good reason for even doing that.

On the other hand, reincarnation is canon to the series ... and a lot of fans believe that all cats who have faded from Starclan are reincarnated into new kits anyway. (I... can't believe I know that much.)

8 years ago

That last part is wrong. Reincarnated cats never go to StarClan, the go straight to being a newborn kit.

Also, I'd totally care about my former life laugh

8 years ago

How does one know of their former life?

8 years ago

Maybe that would be the adventure....and you could make your own prophecy to go with it maybe....

8 years ago

>_< No prophecies...!

8 years ago

Why not? I'm going to have prophecies in Hell Storm...

8 years ago

Because this thing needs to avoid as many cliches as possible. You are writing a completely original story, and that's great. Heck, I put a prophecy in one of my stories, too ... but really. >.> This is damage control.

8 years ago

Dreams, StarClan

8 years ago

There needs to be a Cinderheart special edition that explains this.

8 years ago

I stopped reading warrior cats some time ago when everything was just the same plot with different characters so I'm just using my knowledge of what I know.

8 years ago

Well I'm still sitting here when i should be heading of to buy Dark River, so I don't know that much either. Well I know a lot, but not about the Power of Three arc and beyond.

8 years ago

To be completely honest, I didn't finish the fourth and second arc since I got bored.

8 years ago

xD

8 years ago

You misread what I said and was suggesting. The only cases of reincarnated cats did, indeed, never go to starclan. I know this. I also know that while you are part of starclan, you cannot be reincarnated, even though they have the power to cause reincarnation to happen for other cats. Now. What your fellow fans are proposing is that cats whose existence completely fades away in starclan until they are -gone- ... are actually being reincarnated, not simply disappearing into nothingness.

8 years ago

Wonder what Mapleshade would be.

8 years ago

No idea who that is.

8 years ago

Haven't read the book she's in but from my knowledge, she's a sadistic cat who wants to take everything from Crookedpaw.

8 years ago

Oh. That one. I actually have heard of her.

8 years ago

"Mapleshade's Vegnance- too Tame?"

Yeah, there was a thread about it.

8 years ago

I remember.

8 years ago

I was just looking for that. I couldn't find it though.

8 years ago

A rather deep and artistic start...

Don't worry, we have nearly nothing done. Just small bits of the name creator.

8 years ago

Sounds ... snow-esque, but focusing more on tragedy than love. Short, tugs on your heart strings, poetic.

8 years ago

That's just to start it out. Introduce the story and the setting, etc. Similar to how I started out Hell Storm - it starts out in a similar fashion, but it turns into something much more interactive.

8 years ago

I do like Hell Storm ...

8 years ago

...if only I could get the motivation to finish that Vocab quiz thing so I can get back to one of my three stories I want to work on. (VoaM, WitinD, or HS)

8 years ago

You can do it! I have faith in you! Be motivated! ._.

8 years ago

My imagination has decided to use yours as a rolemodel...it wants to go work on other stories when I need to finish that boring ol' vocab quiz first.

8 years ago

xD Ah, damn. I am a bad influence on you.

8 years ago

So ... are y'all any closer to picking a plot? Because it seems like a solid no. xD

8 years ago

yes Good guess.

My notification box is just going to die...

No reply message? Ah, a moment of peace and quiet.

Spoke too soon.

8 years ago

The ones that I like so far:

- The clans, with magic.

- A reincarnated cat.

- (My own idea) A cat born in a twoleg nest, then meets BloodClan. After Scourge dies, the cat joins one of the clans to try and fit in, but many events happen along the way.

8 years ago

I just realized I have literally not contributed anything to this thread except to agree with Bluefur. o.O

Anyhow, the last plot sounds interesting... it would be fun writing about a cat who was taught to kill without honor and such trying to fit in the clans' warrior code and honor system and stuff. Or maybe we could somehow combine all the plots... or maybe the Dark Forest secretly gave BloodClan powers and they reformed.

Also, would having a medicine cat, maybe an evil one, delivering a fake prophecy be cliched? I was thinking about how the medicine cat could be evil and sends a prophecy that either sends some of the clan's strongest and most-needed cat out on some dangerous journey, accuses a cat or a clan of something bad (murder, kit-killing, etc.), etc.

8 years ago

Evil cats? Could be interesting...

I don't remember ever seeing the last one.

Sure, there was that one Hawkfrost Mothwing incident, but I haven't seen something like that in fanfics.

8 years ago

"Evil cats" was the whole point of the "Mafia" premise ... there's a lot you could do with that.

8 years ago

I'd certainly play a WC mafia...

It's fun until your leader slaughters and decapitates you, then uses your head as a weapon.

What does everyone else think?

8 years ago

I like it, but... It'd be a little hard (at least for me) to make a decent length story out of it. Maybe, it could be a big event that occurs in the cat's life.

8 years ago

Did you read the whole premise? It'd make an 8/8 easy.

8 years ago

A game kinda like this once popped in to my head, we could make every Clan cat an item.

Complete with personality, picture, and any other needed information.

And your inventory would be a suspect list.

8 years ago

So, are we doing it? Should we do a vote?

8 years ago

I don't know.

I guess I'll make a poll.

8 years ago

I dunno... Besides, I'd feel bad about having the whole storygame based off your idea.

8 years ago

... If I'm offering you the idea, why would you feel bad about it?

8 years ago

Probably just me, but I feel like we're relying on you too much. I mean, you're more helpful so far than most of the actual storywriters.

8 years ago

I have just as much interest in seeing writers on this site succeed as any of you. This is helping the community as a whole and increasing the amount of fun games / interesting stories on this site. Besides, I like helping and I'm used to people relying on me, lol.  

8 years ago

I'm mostly an independent person who dislikes relying on people... Most of my storygames are written solely for me and a few friends to read. Heh. If I rely on someone, it makes me feel like I owe them something.

8 years ago

You joined a group of writers to help each other write a good storygame. If ... you have an issue with not doing things independently, why are you participating in this? 

8 years ago

Because it's time someone did this, and I've recently started to get more... social on the forums, anyway. I used to stay off them for months, because most of you were a bit scary to me (even you, Kiel). I don't have an issue with it, I just don't like entirely relying on another, because, like I said, it makes me feel as if I owe them something.

8 years ago

I have the same goal as you as far as this story is concerned, though, and I agree that it's time someone did this, but I can't do it myself. You're not totally relying on me. I don't plan to write a word of this thing. I'll help with scripting, beta-reading, concepts, and commentary ... but you guys are making this thing. But if you insist that you owe me, fine. Pay me back for the idea by making something good.

Sorry if I intimidated you back then, I've apparently done that to a few people, but I promise I'm not actually a scary person. :P I'm actually just a big softie underneath the sarcasm and biting story commentary.

8 years ago

... We'll try. We'll try our hardest.

To me, you seem as scary as the EndMaster. Don't mind me, though, I also thought daddy was scary. And he isn't... I think.

8 years ago

I know you will. I wouldn't have offered the story ideas otherwise.

O_o Me? "as scary as EndMaster"? But ... why?  ... And, er, you're scared of your dad...?

8 years ago

Now, if only we could actually get to picking a plot... XD

Yeah, you both seem dark and... really, really intimidating. I actually tried my best to avoid you back then... And, no, how do I explain this...? Uh, let's say that Bluefur is a half-neko, half-dragon thing:

Bluefur meets BradinDvorak. They argue about how Bluefur is or isn't a full-fledged dragon. Bluefur loses her memories after eating some decade old food, and ends up calling BradinDvorak, whom she used to call "Baka-senpai", her daddy. They both find out that Baka-senpai is Bluefur's daddy. That's only in-character, though, and it's out CYS characters.

TL;DR Version: I call BradinDvorak my "Daddy" or "Baka-senpai". In a way, he is kind of a father-like figure to me on CYS. Just trying to explain that I'm not talking about my IRL dad.

8 years ago

Indeed. I think the Mafia idea is y'alls best bet out of the bunch, though.

Eh. I won't argue that I have a dark side, T.O.W's existence is proof of that (in addition to a couple other projects), but I have a weakness for stupid puns, general zaniness, small animals ... and I'm actually great with kids IRL. xD 

Got it, lol.

8 years ago

And... I also need to finish the name creator for the game, too. The only thing we can do until we pick a plot is work on the customization features. I'm almost halfway done the name thing.

The Other World... It's too freakin' hard. e.o I can't get past a single fight thing, and am stuck on the part where the character escapes the town or whatever. I normally just enjoy things up to that point, but that game is way too hard for me... Welp, such is the life of someone who hates playing fighting scenes.

And... you like kids? I ate little kids, adults spoil them too much.

8 years ago

...You eat young children?

8 years ago

*I hate kids.

A typo. XD It happens when I try to eat chips and type with two fingers. I'm surprised that I'm not fat by now...

8 years ago

I feel your pain. Sometimes, I try to eat some cheese puffs while typing, and I make at least three typos per post.

8 years ago

I usually eat dinner while typing... It's really hard. XD

8 years ago

My parents just yell at me to turn my electronic devices off. They don't understand. o_e

8 years ago

Aren't you eighteen or something? Your parents still boss you around?

8 years ago

I've clingy parents. Luckily, I'm going to get my own home soon. Even if it's going to be an apartment...

8 years ago

My mom promised to buy me a student apartment if I go to a specific university... Well, I guess that means I have to start focusing more on school. Apartments are good! You don't have to worry about a bunch of stuff!

8 years ago

Eh, a home is a home.

Yeah, you need to start focusing. o_e You'll do great if you stay focused.

8 years ago

I used to be more focused, save for the constant daydreams during class. I managed to still get a ton of A's, but it's CYS's fault I spend so much time on here.

8 years ago

Got'cha. Well, halfway is pretty good.

Do you have the Dragon Sickle when you fight? And are you picking up the bread and water from the kitchen when you leave the house? They make the fights significantly easier. So do the stones from the thief chase scene, for that matter. Once you leave town, the fights all become strictly optional (by that, I mean luck / choice based, and you can cheat) up until the fourth chapter, and even then, it's tail end of the game type stuff--of course, by that point in the game, you are expected to have trained in an arena where you can fight without game overs--and, alternatively, you can take on side-quests to earn EXP without fighting.

I love little kids. They're great with ketchup and a little pepper... So much energy and imagination. Such optimism about the world. I'll grant you that some of them are little terrors, but I tend to find them funny more often than not. It's probably a good thing, too, because they ... gravitate toward me for some inexplicable reason.

For one example: I was minding my own business in a doctor's office one day, the guy I was there to see was taking forever, so I start fiddling with an electronic device, a few minutes later and all of a sudden, a group of kids slowly started migrating toward me. Two girls and two boys. They were like, ages 4-10, and the oldest of 'em struck up a conversation with me, one of 'em kept trying to peer at the screen I was messing with, and the other two started hanging off my arms, one on each side, like I was a goddamn jungle gym. Go figure. 

To be honest, though, it didn't bother me in the slightest--for the reasons you'd assume, anyway. I'm accustomed to little kids climbing on me out of the blue, I was a camp counselor for a couple years and I have younger siblings / cousins that did it all the time. But these kids knew literally nothing about me and still acted like that. I couldn't help wondering "where the hell are your parents and why didn't they teach you about strangers? What if I was some horrible, van driving, chloroform-wielding psychopath? You don't even know if I'm here as a sick patient or not. I could have germs!" ... xD 

8 years ago

I just noticed this. XD

Yeah, I collected the best items I possible could, because I'm literally addicted with that game, even if I'm terrible at it. Scripting makes everything awesome. But still, I normally chicken out, then get scared to the point of quitting... I then redo it, play to that point again, and quit, each time seeing if I can discover more items. Let's just say I get scared easily, shall we? My friend, Rivertail, is more of the type that enjoys brute force and fighting scenes, while I prefer things like mild puzzles, etc. In more than one instance, I had to call my friend over to help me beat a Pokemon battle on the 3DS, since I was too afraid to let any Pokemon faint, and having one do so results in anxiety for me... My case can't be helped.

I once witnessed a little kid snap my DS in half. Sure, I have two more, but that pushed me over the edge. I'm a gamer who practically married my electronics, so I will not stand looking at an adult spoil a kid. They forgive them so easily merely because they are kids. I've seen so many kids use fake tears to get what they want.

You're an adult, right? No wonder. Those little kids are evil actors in disguise. All adults let them get away with anything they do, and my mom even forces me to give up my own possessions because a kid wants it and cries when I won't let them touch it. They irritate me to no end... Maybe I'm just jealous, but oh well.

8 years ago

xD Ahh ... er, then maybe TOW isn't the best of games for you. Again, you can skip over most the battles, but if pokemon fainting is a bit much for you, you really don't want to see how the last act plays out.  

Ehh, my theory is that we were all young and stupid once--though I can assure you that I'm not going to put up with that kind of crap from any kids I may or may not end up having. My mom had some creative ideas about how to deal with bad behavior, and I do take after her...

I am, but my theory is that they all secretly know I'm a big kid deep down, plus they were probably pretty bored and I get the feeling that I must be fun to climb on or something considering all the kids who've tried it. It was still pretty odd, though.

8 years ago

If possible, I think there should be some advanced settings. Different variables like health, hunger, thirst, fighting skill, hunting skill, etc. Items could be used as well, if the player chooses to be a medicine cat then they can use herbs, or if a cat catches prey they take it as an item and eat it later to restore hunger. Special stats would be cool. For example, WindClan has a high speed stat, ThunderClan has high attack, ShadowClan has high stealth, whatever. This goes along with the choice to choose a clan instead of being thrown into one. Choices like joining BloodClan, becoming a loner or a kittypet, or joining a tribe could be used as well.

Advanced settings and coding can make a boring story fun. But I'm too lazy to do either.

8 years ago

*is already making a storygame like that, which'll be a lot more like a game than a story* ...

8 years ago

Dang it. *Facedesk*

8 years ago

Ow!

8 years ago

Yeah, it's supposed to be a simulator of sorts. The player can customize their cat (pelt, name, etc.). They begin in a clan of their choice, but can end up doing practically anything (joining BloodClan, becoming a villainous cat, etc.), and there'll be stats for hunger and skill.

8 years ago

So...

Text-based Warriors RPG?

8 years ago

@Bluefur

That's a great idea and all, but do you realize the coding involved in it? A name creator requires a shit-ton of script.

8 years ago

*cough* Already done with the name creator. Don't doubt me!

8 years ago

You completed that entire script? (The one that flies off the screen is the one you need to do)

If you did, hand me a freaking link, because I need to see this.

8 years ago

I've done it multiple times, for multiple storygames.

Like I said, Derpy, don't doubt me! I may look like some thirteen year old girl, but I can be devoted enough. Also, it's not that hard, I'm used to creating them by now.

And no, no links. I don't want anyone seeing the story before it's done.

8 years ago

Bluefur pls. We all know you never typed in that script.

You've done it in other storygames? Can you name a few?

You see, this is why linking to storygames is important- you get to prove people incorrect. Alas, you refuse...

8 years ago

No, it's really easy. -.- In fact, I'm making a name creator for this WC storygame. The script is saved on my notepad or whatever it's called.

I mean, more than one of my storygames. I love scripting, it's actually a hobby. I have too much time on my hands, so just creating these things is enough to stop the ennui.

The storygame isn't even 5% done, and I added a code for it that is necessary to play the game. That specific one won't be published, ever, but can be played by my friends.

8 years ago

You still didn't answer my question.

Did... Did you just call scripting easy?

Alright, I'll give you a challenge. If you think scripting is so simple and fun, try writing down an entire web page's script.

8 years ago

Which question? I'm not exactly focused, since I'm working on the name creator for this new WC game.

Nope, I'm calling this particular type of script easy, because I have months of practice with it. I've continuously made name creators, so got used to it. I have a lot of spare time, too. Even though I failed more than half my classes this year...

I'm going to take a course for that in high school, but not yet.

8 years ago

You failed more than half your classes? I recommend you pay some attention in school when September comes. o_e

Don't put the Internet first!

8 years ago

I still gaduated, right? Though before I came on CYS, I was literally a straight-A student. When the CAT test came this year, I actually got above average for everything. I just don't do my homework at all. Literally. Most of the teachers only passed me out of pity. XD So, technically, I already know what they're teaching, but I'm too damn lazy.

School is boring, I can't focus. -_- Oh, look! My Pokemon leveled up!

8 years ago

o_e

8 years ago

Even the teachers say I'm the most intelligent student in the class, and the best writer in the school. Yet, I still failed most of my English classes. This proves that school is useless, because they don't grade you based on your abilities. Xb

8 years ago

I never enjoyed school, either. I'm still quite intelligent.

I find it odd that a shit-ton of what they teach you turns out to be useless when you're an adult.

8 years ago

In all fairness, they have no idea what you're going to be when you grow up.

8 years ago

They know that I want to be a programmer. I don't see why I have to do a whole project about what the inside of a cell is like.

8 years ago

... So you can program a game about science? :3

8 years ago

Even if I say it at least a thousand times?

8 years ago

Psh, they're not going to believe you while you're still in school! Being in school means you're a kid and kids don't know anything because teachers know everything! :P ... I'm joking, but to be perfectly honest, Derpy, people can be incredibly indecisive when they're young. Even when you get older, you could change careers multiple times. It happens. (I do think that our public education system sucks, though.)

8 years ago
Yeah.  When I was in school, I was gonna be a programmer, robotics or electronics engineer.  Life threw me curve balls, though.  Now I get to incorporate aspects of all of them in my own business.  :)

8 years ago

Scripting really is fun :3

8 years ago

Eh. I script, but I don't have an obsession. It's more "work" than "OMG this is so much fun," in my opinion.

8 years ago

Fair enough, but there are a few people on here that really do enjoy it...

8 years ago

To each his/her own. I can't say that everyone loves, say, literature. It's why some people stay away from sites like CYS or Wattpad.

8 years ago

I love it!

8 years ago

I don't care! *funky music*

8 years ago

Oh, God, that song. Make it stop...! >_<

8 years ago

Oh, you too?

I can already tell you this song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day...

8 years ago

devil

8 years ago

>_> Curse you, Derp .... cuuuuuuurse yoooooou!

8 years ago

Curse y'all for derailing this!

8 years ago

*evil laughing*

8 years ago

...I got this feeling on the summer (or was it seventh?) day when you were gone

I crashed my car into a bridge, I wished I let it burn...

8 years ago

*plays Vocaloid music*

8 years ago

"I put your..." Where's the poop emoji? "...In to a bag and pushed it down the stairs..."

8 years ago

"I don't care! I love it, I love it, I don't care! I love it, I love it, I don't care about the rest of this song!"

8 years ago

*meekly raises hand* I am willing to help out in any way. I have experience reading WC fanfic here and writing it. (Eh, Rosetail? Eh?) 

Or I can proofread or something. Anything! smiley

Anything, please...

8 years ago

... What? *confused* But yeah, you can proofread when we actually get some stuff done...

8 years ago

*does happy dance*

8 years ago

The 5 co-author spots are filled, but there's still everything else.

Like taking part in these votes and discussions and idea submitting.

8 years ago

So this is sort of like a WC storygame everybody is working on. Neat.

That might actually make it really good. The diverse blend of many authors... hmm.

8 years ago

Exactly. Only five can actually write it at a time, but everyone should be able to help.

8 years ago

I missed a lot..

8 years ago

Yep. From different kinds of kinesis to reincarnation to pokemon.

8 years ago

@Rosetail - So, planning to make a new thread for an idea poll? And are non-WC fans / non-participants allowed to vote?

8 years ago

I wasn't thinking of a thread, more of a link to a poll made with a website. But I'd need the final version of what we have cut the options down to. I think the current were mafia, reincarnation, magic cats, and Bluefur's BloodClan to normal Clan idea.

Well I wouldn't see anything wrong with it, people could vote what they want to see.

8 years ago

Have you found a site to set up the poll on, then?

8 years ago

I found it, but then this 2 day vacation happened and I could have done it perfectly well before it, but eh.

I'll get to work on it, after we decide whether or not this "reincarnated Clan founders" idea will be put on the poll.

8 years ago

Is there any reason you think it shouldn't be? Because, if not, I'd say it doesn't really matter. The poll's going to decide in the end, right?

8 years ago

Well not really. I guess there's the fact that Riverkit, Thunderkit, Shadowkit, Windkit and Skykit are all forbidden names...

I'll just make the poll now.

Edit: Testing. if the link works.

8 years ago
I'll help however I can.  :)

8 years ago

I keep on missing it.... 

Well my idea, how about the four founders (Thunder, River, Shadow, Wind) are recarinated? 

That would be pretty epic, right? 

8 years ago

I think someone's already working on that... Any chance it was you?

Who has read at least a few books from the Dawn of the Clans arc, raise your hand.

I just know that Thunder was just Thunder and River was just River, but the rest were Tall Shadow and Wind Runner.

8 years ago

Yes it was me. Hehehe. 

And yes I am, at this exact moment reading Thunder Rising. And it was River Ripple. 

8 years ago

What about Clear Sky? He was a founder too.

8 years ago

Thunder, River Ripple, Tall Shadow, Wind Runner, and Clear Sky!!!!

8 years ago

Maybe not Clear Sky as SkyClan lives far away, does not know the other clans. But, maybe that could be a totally different finish.... 

8 years ago

But SkyClan used to live in the forest, until their territory got rekt and the Twoleg Place was build.

So have Clear Sky, Skykit, and make life in SkyClan. Maybe journey downstream to the other Clans.

8 years ago

I'd be willing to do beta reading and give a few suggestions. I may not be able to help much with the latter, though.

8 years ago

Here's the poll:

http://pollev.com/punchylion036

Place your votes.

8 years ago

It's not working for me. Anyone else?

8 years ago

It worked fine earlier today...

But now, nothing.

Trying a different website...

8 years ago

8 years ago

Yes.

I voted

8 years ago

Indeed it is.

Dear lord, this is hard... It was a tie with magic cats and WC Mafia, but I just went with WC Mafia. That's bound to be awesome.

8 years ago

@Lichenstar @Inkling @LarkHeather @Malkalack @GMB13carat @TheNewIAP @TacocaT @Derpbacon @Wolfmist - Tagging everyone who participated in the thread that hasn't said they voted.

Edit: *takes Chris off the list* xD

8 years ago

Magical cats sounds like my kind of game.

*Votes*

8 years ago

Whatever happens happens.

8 years ago

I voted for Mafia since I think it has the most potential ...though I'd be content if Magic Cats won since I still think there's a lot of good you could do with that.

8 years ago
Okay, I've put in my two cents.  ;)

8 years ago

Voted

8 years ago

Voted. :D

8 years ago

It's not working for me, either.

8 years ago

Not working.

8 years ago

Quick question, Rose, when does the poll end?

8 years ago

Let's end it right now! :D

8 years ago

That was ... oddly over-eager. It's Rose's poll and she's not online atm.

8 years ago

Just a bit of my immaturity showing through. Ahem. She won't be online till tomorrow, if I'm correct.

8 years ago

I see, I see.

8 years ago

@Bluefur

Just a quick question... are we all allowed to work on the name creator? Because I've been helping you with a few more links/letters, but I realized I probably should've asked you. Sorry

8 years ago

So that was you, huh? Sure, go ahead. I'm a bit lazy, so you can work on it whenever you like! Thanks, by the way!

8 years ago

We're ending the poll?

I'll give it five more hours.

WC mafia's on the lead, it appears.

8 years ago

One slight question, what is a mafia?

8 years ago

An Italian criminal organization, but I think you mean the game.

In mafia, players are given an alignment. Each alignment has a side, and a special ability. The sides are MAFIA, TOWN and NEUTRAL. Alignments vary between games, but MAFIA always has a killer.

Mafia has two phases: Light/Daylight and Night/Blackout.

The daylight phase is when the characters interact with each other, and vote to lynch someone.

While during the Night phase, the players aren't allowed to post on the thread, only to PM their actions to the GM. During the Night phase, is when most of the special abilities take place.

Any questions so far? There's still one or two posts of explaining.

8 years ago

Confused. 

8 years ago

I'll post an example after some more rules.

MAFIA has to kill everyone, TOWN has to kill the MAFIA and a specific NEUTRAL, and NEUTRAL's goals vary.

All alignments are secret to other players. Only you know your alignment, unless you've revealed it, or you're dead.

That's all the rules? I think so. Let me get to work on a short example round...

8 years ago

But is this in the game? Is that possible.......

8 years ago

With a buttload of scripting, yes.

8 years ago

Daylight Phase 1

As dawn broke, a screech was heard and the cats went to investigate. When they arrived they made the shocked discovery of Brindleface's body.
Horror grew within them, as there was a murderer among them.

"It was Tigerstar!" Fireheart screeched, pointing a claw at his enemy.

"Clam down, Fireheart. I have better things to do with my life."

The first Daylight phase is just cats interacting, blaming each other, casual coversation.

Night Phase 1

During this Night Phase, people PM each other.

Darkstripe is MAFIA: Investigative, he goes to Ashpaw's den, and gets the information that he is either an Investigative, or a Saboteur.

Fernpaw is TOWN: Killing, she goes to Graystripe's den, and kills him.

Tigerstar is MAFIA: Killing, he goes to Firehearts den and kills him.

The Night phase continues so on and so forth until everyone has done something.

Daylight phase 2

When the sun rose, more cats were found dead. The bodies of Graystripe and Firestar laid on the ground. The cats went to investigate their dens. Graystripe's den was filled with information about all the cats, meaning that he was TOWN: Investigative.

While Firestar's den was filled with poppy seeds, to put cats to sleep, meaning that he was TOWN: Sabotage.

The cats knew there was a murderer among them.

Sandstream votes for Longtail to be the murderer.

Fernpaw also votes for Longtail.

Tigerstar votes for Sandstream.

Lostface votes for Longtail

Bluestar votes for Tigerstar

Darkstripe votes for Longtail

etc.

The vote ends with Longtail winning, thus the other cats lynch him.

They then find out that Longtail was MAFIA: Sabotage.

Now another Night phase would start.

8 years ago

Okay.... 

But I still don't see how we can fit that in a Story-Game..... 

P.S. Sandstorm don't you mean? Hehe

8 years ago

Right.

I'm spending too much time in WOS...

8 years ago

Uh, that's one example, but that wasn't exactly how I was suggesting that it pan out... you don't need to do day and night phases (unless you'd rather have all the killings and investigation only take place at night? I think that limits things from a story-telling POV, but maybe the killer's alter ego only comes out at night ... there's a lot you could do), you just need to have a meeting every time a body / bodies are found.

If you've done things to rack up points to implicate yourself, then people will vote for you. You could try swaying other cats' votes through conversation and evidence. It's basically more "murder mystery with a serial killer who you're trying to catch" and you have to avoid being killed by your frightened fellow cats and by the killer. You'd be the "investigative" of Sentinel's game, if you had to pick an example here.

As for who the killer is, just make a chapter for each cat and have a variable roll at the beginning of the game determine which chapter the story will take place in.

8 years ago

I see...

That chapter thing actually disposes nearly all my doubts on the scripting side.

8 years ago

I've mentioned it before. There are other ways, but I know not all of you are as into scripting as I am, so I'm trying to find ways to make things simple and efficient so you can all focus primarily on the writing. 

8 years ago

Those damn Sicilians...

8 years ago

Hey! >_>' My relatives, man...

8 years ago

Poll Results

And the winner is... WC mafia, with a total of 13 votes.

The close second is BloodClan to Thunder/Shadow/Wind/RiverClan with 12 votes.

With half of that, Magic cats takes the third place.

While Reincarnated leaders didn't get a single vote.

I guess we're doing WC mafia then.

Any last minute objections?

8 years ago

Okay, WC mafia.... I could try. But I would have to do the easy parts. 

8 years ago

*Flips table*

Nope, no objections.

8 years ago

That's an intriguing idea. I can't wait to see what you do with it! :D

8 years ago

No objections, Mafia it is.

8 years ago

So, how are we going to manage this thing with out over writing our edits?

Does everyone get a chapter or two they work on?

If we do so, all chapters have to look the same, except for the clues.

Then there's the question of characters. I have a few on my notepad, some have personalities, some don't have them yet.

8 years ago

Hmm.... We could work on a part each. Like Bluefur is working on kit names. I could work on all the easy stuff. You could work on the chapters with Inkling and LarkHeather?

8 years ago

If we're doing mafia, the name creator is half useless. Sure we could keep it in as a neat addition, but the suffix would be something difficult. Maybe chosen randomly via variables?

The way this works, is we write identical chapters, maybe one or two each we'll discuss that, and in each chapter a different cat is the murderer and is leaving different clues behind.

At the beginning we roll a random variable to decide which chapter the reader gets thrown in to. So we'll focus on the writing at first.

What do you mean by "easy stuff"?

8 years ago

Well, I never work with variables, I'm new. And by easy stuff, I guess I mean thinking of the ideas. Maybe writing some easy chapters. I just still don't get what mafia is. Even though you explained it to me. 

8 years ago

I can do something with variables, but I'm pretty new to that too.

It's more of a murder mystery, than mafia, or I don't exactly know what to call it. But it's basically a murder mystery in our story, I guess.

We'll focus on that later once the other people are on, but now I guess "easy stuff" would be characters.

I can draw a picture of each one, and we can use the inventory as a suspect list.

I'll copy paste my character notes here...

8 years ago

Cinderclaw is a graceful, lithe, stealthy, very dark gray, nearly black, small she-cat with sparkling blue eyes, long legs, soft fur, and long, thorn-sharp, hooked claws.

She tends to be quiet and mysterious, and can be very menacing if angered.

Cinderclaw is Splashpebble's sister

Splashpebble is a pretty, graceful, blue-silver tabby she-cat, with clear, icy blue eyes, long legs, soft fur, a splash of white fur on her chest and tailtip, and small, white paws.

Wolfpaw is a large, sleek, gray she-cat, with large, round, blue eyes and a long, bushy tail.

She's very picky and shallow, and often complains about everything. She calls everyone by nicknames.

Being the deputy's kit, she feels superior to everyone else.

Pineshadow  is a stealthy, pale brown, broad-shouldered, muscular tom, with dark, pine green eyes.

He is very aggressive, and is often in a bad mood.

Oakwhisker is a dark brown tabby tom with amber eyes.

Oakwhisker is a very grumpy elder, and nearly always in a bad mood.

These were just something I worked on when I was bored, so many of them don't have a family or a backstory yet.

8 years ago

I am pretty good at making up characters, if I don't say so myself. 

8 years ago

Go ahead. We need a whole Clan of these. (I think. Maybe a whole clan's too much, but it would be a nice addition to the play length.)

How are you on the drawing side? Here's my Splashpebble:

8 years ago

I'll be in charge of that XD. That is a pretty good drawing! As for me, I cannot draw, at all.

8 years ago

Okay, so you'll make that sort of "profile" for the characters, or are you making them straight in to items, if we even are making them in to items?

8 years ago

What's item? And I think I may make a page to 'Characters'. Then a page back to the intro. Good idea? And when you are finding out the murderer you can go back the the Characters page?

8 years ago

You see the tabs in the up bar? "Game Properties", "Chapters and Pages", "Items", "Save & Exit".

Click the items tab, and it takes you to the "Items" page. There you can make "Items" which the player can carry and/or use throughout the game.

What I'm thinking was, that each cat of the Clan (except for kits, they can't really murder anyone. Or can they?..) will be made in to an item.

This item will be a profile of them, complete with a picture, personality and family. When the player comes to the conclusion that a cat is innocent, the reader simply drops the item.

When a player wants to lynch or go to a cat, they use that cat's item.

There's so much we could do with this.

You just focus on the characters, I can handle the item part. Or at least make the items, I don't know how well I can figure things out.

8 years ago

That seems epic! *So excited*. I shall have the leader, deputy, med cat, warriors and apprentices done by tomorrow. 

8 years ago

Are you editing the storygame now, because I don't want to accidentally over write your edits.

Maybe work on the characters on your Notepad? Or a storygame that serves the purpose of a Notepad?

8 years ago

I'll go on the Notepad. XD

8 years ago

May I ask, what clans?

8 years ago

The usual forest Clans.

Can we make the reader the leader? That way the suffix would have to be -star, and we wouldn't have problems with the name creator.

8 years ago

Okay! But does the reader still choose their prefix?

8 years ago

I guess so. Are we supposed to just throw all that linking in the trash?

I suppose we could, but it's fun to have slight bit of freedom, don't you think?

8 years ago

Yep XD But that means, if every bit has a different ending, I will have to at least make 4 different deputy names... Same with med cat. 

8 years ago

Do we actually need more than one Clan of cats?

It's the same story, but with a different murderer each chapter. And in one of the chapters, you are the murderer.

But what Clan to choose? I guess WindClan would be the best.

Near the gorge, cats can get pushed in. Near the Thunderpath, cats can get squished. Then there's the traditional way... Poison plants... Fire...

So what Clan are we using? I guess ThunderClan would also be next to the river and the Thunderptath, but didn't we decide we're not doing that? And Deathberries grow well on ThunderClan territory... Forest fires...

Which Clan are we going to use?

8 years ago

You know how in the vote we introduce BloodClan? Yep you guessed it! We can merge them! BloodClan mafia? But if you don't agree, then WindClan it is. 

8 years ago

Well we wouldn't need the -star in the end... And BloodClan's not as "organized" as the forest Clans...

I don't know, we'll ask the others.

And now, a message from Kiel_Farren

"Please remember, you're all in this to restore the reputation of an entire fandom, so you don't need 'good', you need amazing. Going the extra mile means a lot, and because you're working together, that makes more things possible, so work hard, okay?"

8 years ago

That's it! The reader chooses which clan! WindClan or BloodClan! And what Kiel_Farren said, make it amazing. We could try and include all clans. This would most likely make this story take more than a year, but, it'll be worth it. 

8 years ago

Okay, so we need even more chapters.

I'm currently working on the introduction and some technical things, along explaining the suspect list, you work on the characters for both Clans.

8 years ago

Okay XD. Does that mean I work on the items?

8 years ago

I suppose you could start on them. I don't know if it will over write my edits, but let's hope not.

8 years ago

First item here I come...

8 years ago

The characters sound nice so far. :)

And trying not to sound too picky here, but aren't gray cats with blue eyes genetically impossible?

8 years ago

I.. Don't know actually. I thought tortoiseshell toms were impossible too, but then there's there's Redtail.

Googling it...

8 years ago

" By standard cat genetics it's impossible. Normally the only cats who have blue eyes beyond the first couple months are in one of these 3 categories:
* white -- from Dominant White (W/_)
* cats with a good deal of white on the head, from White Spotting (S/_) .
* pointed -- from 2 copies of the pointed gene (cs/cs)
There have occasionally been some freak mutations where cats of other colours get blue eyes but it would be very very very unusual.  "

Learn something new everyday... But then there's Bluestar...

Oh, look there are tortoiseshell toms

"Vet Karen Horne was stunned to discover the black and ginger tom, who overturns the normal laws of biology."

But I guess they're super rare.

8 years ago

Oh! XD

8 years ago

Thank you for doing this! I think you chose some great writers for this!

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

8 years ago

Thanks! XD

8 years ago

@Rosetail

@Lichenstar

@Inkling

@LarkHeather

@Bluefur

Progress?

8 years ago

I've made two items and worked out a few technical things.

Never thought I would work on technical things with this few problems...

8 years ago

Yeah. It may seem a little daunting at first, but once you buckle down and get into it, it's not so hard. If you're like me, it'll get more fun and interesting as you learn more. Feel free to hit me up if you need any advice.

8 years ago

I haven't started my bits yet. But I will.