Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yes.

You need not adjust your hearing aids, ladies and gents. Fallout 4- goddamnit, not again. Fuck it.

Fallout 4 is coming in a week. What are you guys looking forward to in the latest installment? Any complaints? QUESTIONS?!

Sí.

For example, will the materials you need to build things, such as guns or base items, have weight? Like bullets in hardcore mode of Fallout: New Vegas?

Will we be able to change the hud format at all back to the original layout?

THE FUCK'S THE BROTHERHOOD AND ENCLAVE AT?!

Hopefully, these questions will be answered in the coming weeks.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the customization. I've always dreamed of making my own home base and personal weapons. Speaking of weapons, it seems Power Armor has been upgraded to Iron Man Mark I with the hud and jetpacks.

Vertibirds are also a thing, apparently. Gonna be nice to rain hell upon my enemies.

Thoughts, anyone?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Scared my computer won't be able to run it. Other than that, I'M READY FOR THE POST-APOCALYPSE, BABY!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Only turn-off I'm getting is the new voice actor.

I was the one who voice acted...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

UPDATE: Just pre-ordered the game.

FUCK YEAH, NOW I'M FARKING READY FOR THE POST-APOCALYPSE!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The Enclave is pretty much dead. They shouldn’t even be a factor anymore.

The Capitol BOS I can see trying to gain a foothold in Boston, but they shouldn’t have a major presence either. In any case I’m probably going to be shooting them on sight since I hated having to help them in Fallout 3.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Doesn't Fallout 4 take place before 3 and New Vegas?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

But I think it also takes place before 2, when the Enclave were really big in.

Not sure about the brotherhood, though.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Apparently it takes place around the same time the events in Fallout 3 are going on.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well, shit.

I misread "200" as "100".

All of my theories are out the window.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Nope. Apparently at the same time as (or even ten years after) 3.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well if it's at the same time like New Vegas then the Enclave must be still around. They had instillation across the entire united states, unless the robo commonwealth just booted them out.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Funny thing is, I actually liked the Enclave in NV. Thought they were assfaces in Fallout 2 and 3, but in New Vegas it was kind of cool to help them out so that they help you at the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. Also cool to get the dope af Remnants armor and walk around like a badass in it.

Definitely want to see more Enclave in 4, but that might not happen.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I do not like the enclave  because they mind controlled those poor " helpless deathclaws " in fo3 lol

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I said I didn't like 'em in F3, lol. They were pretty cool in NV though, as stated in the post above the post above this post.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I kinda forgot they were in fonv so i just typed  about fo3 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

My anus is prepared. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well it looks like from the gameplay the studio did is you can do this...
Customize your own weapons, and armor
Make your own town with shops, houses, you name it
Take junk supplies and make new OP weapons and upgrade weapons you have

That's all I know that was revealed in the gameplay. By the way after looking at it, it doesn't look like the Brotherhood of Steel is your friend.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I want so bad.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Have you seen the gameplay for it? That is just crazy on all the new stuff that you can do.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I think it will have the moddability of a brick, but the stuff that comes in the box just seems so cool.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The new pip boy looks cool and not just in the game the one they made in real life.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Quit it, dude. I don't want to squee in front of my dad.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

They have bobbleheads... 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Real ones?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Why do you do this to me?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Do What?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I'm a broke-ass college student with important things to focus on, and I am being bombarded with glimpses of what may possibly be the most awesome game ever.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I am a sophomore in high school that had parents pre order it. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Fuck...you...hard. XD

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Lol I will enjoy that game can't wait until the 12th that is when i get it.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

They're also selling Nuka-Cola Qauntums (just re-packaged berry lemonade) at Target, and Fallout Beer (seriously just beer re-packaged with 'Fallout Beer' on the front) at some other fucking place.

But your broke-ass college student self can't afford any of the merch.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Yes, 'cause I can totally buy beer anyway...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yer in Arkansas, ain't yo'? Ain't it legal t'drink beer at five thar?

Note: This is just a really bad joke making fun of Arkansas.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Actually, Arkansas has some of the strictest laws regarding the distribution and consumption of alcohol. Of course, most people do drink while they are underage, and really, cops will only make a big deal about it if they don't like the person.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The more you know.

*Insert a rainbow here*

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Also, we still have a blue day law (i.e., a law prohibiting the sale of alcohol on Sundays).

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Don't worry, James. The best game ever last year was Saints Row IV, and that turned out to be fairly average once the hype wore off. Stay a year or so behind, like me, and let everyone weed out the shit for you.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That's what I did with Skyrim, but I still wasn't impressed, even though it's modding community is just now starting to die.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The Multiplayer Skyrim mod is still being worked on, though. They still can't even get clothes/animations on other player's characters, but hey, mods people want this badly don't usually die in their infancy,right?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

What about elder scrolls online

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

-shoots you in the back of the head and shoves you into a conveniently placed hole-

No.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That's the equivalent of:

"Gee, I sure wish there was a big, open-world game that really embraces the possibilities involved with flight..."

"What about Superman 64?"

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Guys

It was a joke guys

Pls no kil

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I just looked around canirunit.com and apparently my computer wouldn't be able to run Fallout 4 nor Witcher 3 (the latter I can understand and pretty much expected). Not really sure how accurate that site is though, considering it told me I don't have the minimum requirements to run Skyrim, of which I own and play perfectly fine. Anyway looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my rig before I can step into Boston :(

Anyway, character builds what do you guys think of the whole graphics debate? Specifically facial animations apparently looking pretty bad, or how the graphics in general don't meet modern AAA standards. This might sound a bit cliche, but New Vegas had pretty ...bad graphics for 2010, still an amazing game and one of my all time favorites. I'm glad Bethesda stepped up their graphics game, but I don't really care if it's better than TW3 though, so long as it can stand without getting ridicule. As for the facial stuff, yeah I've seen the launch trailer and it definitely looks pretty meh to me. Also, I'm scared that the writing hasn't gotten any better... the launch trailer and dialog options kinda makes it seem like morality is going to be black-and-white like past Bethesda games (and F3) -- it seems like everyone hates the Institute and wants to help out the Synths. I want grey factions like the NCR.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Looks fine to me, but then again I'd still play it if it looked like the first two games.

More black and white morality eh? Well I guess I'll be enslaving some toasters for the Institute then.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I don't really care about the graphics, they look fine to me. I don't expect them to be Order 1968 or whatever its name was. The content in the game is so huge, I can really expect that the graphics aren't going to be top notch, since they decided to focus on gameplay first. I don't think things are going to seem as Black and White though, i'm sure there will be options. There never was a huge black or white thing in New Vegas, though there was in Fallout 3. I guess we'll have to see when it comes out.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Really I just hope they don’t go with the whole “YOU WERE REALLY AN ANDROID ALL ALONG” theory that I keep hearing about.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah, that seems to be a major theory going on in the community. I don't think that would be true though, because that would make it WAYYY too heavy handed on 'doing the right thing'. Like "Oh, you're a robot. Guess you can be a good person and help them or be a dick and kill your own kind." Like, way to take the personal choice out of something >...>

Well, with fallout 4 literally like, 13 hours away, we can only wait and see. I doubt they'll take that narrative though.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Probably on lower settings, you could run it (I run Skyrim @ 25~ fps on a Win10, 7-year old lappy) with some reasonable rates.  Heck, if you're running Skyrim fine, it should be pretty okay.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Site's not accurate at all; said I couldn't run Mass Effect 2 even though I run it in the mid-50's. Also said that I couldn't run THE FIRST FUCKING HALO AND TERRARIA, even though my computer kicks the arse of both games.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Hey guyz heres a planner 4 fo4:

Boop

All the perks are confirmed, but so far, not liking the system.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I like the option to make robots explode instead of just turning them off.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah, hate how they cut down the SPECIAL from where you can have six points in every stat on average to just four. Also don't like how they removed the skills and replaced them with perks, but I might be able to get used to the system if I feel like telling the system I'm most used to to go fuck itself.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I'm just going to put a one in charisma to raise the other stats as usual.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Charisma isn't as useless as everyone says it is, dammit!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The only time I found it directly useful was in Fallout 2 since it affected how many followers could travel with you.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

What about getting Lanius to retreat in F:NV?

... then again I guess it was a lot more fulfilling to blast him with a Fat Man, or crip him with the Anti rifle and watch as he hobbled into a stack of mines you had placed on the path. Then you strip him naked and don the badass armor :D

Hm, I guess getting people to lower the price of things (Good Natured was essential for this type of thing) was kinda sweet. Or throwing the General off of the Hoover Dam, not sure if that required Charisma though. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You can have high speech without high charisma.

Throwing Oliver requires only that you ally with Yes Man and have the Securitron army.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Aye.

It gets me free drinks!

Other than that, completely useless.

I'm gonna be a medic with low charisma.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Eyyyyyyy look at this:

The Pip-Boy app.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Anyway, might as well add that I hope the game is kind of like Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, allowing the player to run around and hunt rogue androids for the Institute.

Also seems like F4 will be full of conspiracies involving the major factions of the game and go full-on The Da Vinci Code (considering that the player is shown helping the BoS in the new trailer but fighting them in the E3 showcase). I also think it'll be revealed that the people in the Institute were the good guys and the BoS was trying to get the player to 'save the androids', but really just want to take the androids for themselves. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it would be cool as hell to see something like this in the game.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

BUT CHRIS!

WHAT ABOUT HARKNESS?!?!

Speaking of Rivet City, I am 100% sure that Dr. Usanagi will be in 4.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Pre-loading the game on Steam so that I can play it on launch.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Already solidified that i'm taking the day off tomorrow ;3, hype is real.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Already solidified that I'm dropping out of school tomorrow, hype is real.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah, may as well just clear out my calender for a month.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Considering that Fallout 4 is literally 14 hours and 42 minutes away, let's say goodbye to Fallout 3 and New Vegas with some nostalgia...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Since we're in the Fallout Spirit, I've decided to issue everyone the Mario Challenge:

-You must be a squat-faced Italian man with a big 'stache. If you know your stuff with the cheat engine, make yourself significantly shorter than the average man.

-You may use only your fists and hammers as weapons. You may use grenades, but ONLY if their damage is flame-based, I.E. molotovs. Exceptions can be made if using a weapon is a QUEST REQUIREMENT.

-You are a family friendly character, so you are not allowed to drink alcohol or use drugs that aren't endorsed by corporations as medicine. (Hydra, psycho, steady, and jet = no Mentats, Med-X, and Stimpacks = Yes) The only exceptions are the herbalistic drugs made by tribesmen in the DLCs like Lonesome Road and such. They can't be worse than the shrooms and orchids he does.

-You cannot wear armor. Mario is strictly a clothes-wearing man. However, Mario is not opposed to special, all-purpose headgear. You are allowed to wear helmets. Exceptions can be made if the disguise is a QUEST REQUIREMENT.

-Mario is a morally upstanding plumber for the most part, but he isn't opposed to stealing small, shiny things like coins from people. (You can only steal caps, moneys, and ammunition)

-Mario is a taken man, and cannot gain the Ladykiller or Confirmed Bachelor traits. He also cannot gain any cannibalism-related traits.

-The heat of the wastelands has made Mario delusional, and he views all Deathclaws as Bowser, and Geckos as Koopas. If aggroed he must engage one of their number in combat for at least one strike (either from him or the monster in question) before running away.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY: You have three lives, and can only die three times before it's considered Permadeath. Don't worry, though, each time you complete a quest, you get another life. Keep a tally, if necessary.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That sounds fun, but pretty fucking hard.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Extra lives would likely accumulate too quickly. How about one life for every three quests?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You are an armorless, melee-only dude with compromised reach, drastically reduced buffing options, and no choice but to engage Deathclaws every time he runs into them. Those lives aren't going to stick around very long. I guess one life per three quests could come into play during the later game, (Lv. 20+) but otherwise, this is supposed to be a build challenge, not a Rage Game.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Well, we've established that he can use weapons that cause fireballs (so, an incinerator wouldn't be out of the question, would it?) and supersledges. Assuming he can find one of either early on in the game (wasn't too hard in NV), then completing minor quests to farm extra lives would be beyond easy and take any and all fun out of the Mario challenge.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I considered the incinerator, but then realized that it was basically a gun, which nullified the melee thing. Although I guess the minor quests thing and the supersledge would unbalance things quite a bit. So I guess one up per three quests (and one life per 4 quests at level 20, one per 5 at level 25, etc.) would be a good compromise. I'd be willing to offer some leniency in hell holes like Old World Blues.

EDIT; I'd like to add an additional rule, Mario lives in a Psychedelic world. He MUST have Wild Wasteland enabled from beginning to end of the playthrough.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

A mod to increase jump height would also be nice, especially if you made it so that colliding with an enemy while coming down from a jump damaged said enemy, with extra damage to deathclaws and geckos. Okay, I'm getting carried away, am I not?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Hey, the last thing a man with a super sledge needs is yet another way to deal damage. However, you are allowed to turn TGM on, only to negate fall damage, since platformers don't give a shit about physics.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Hmm...is there a way to disable only fall damage? I don't piddle with the console much. Also, with the jump mod in place, jumping would have to be his primary attack. If he picks up a supersledge or molotovs, he must drop them the first time he takes damage and he can not pick up those particular items again.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Unless it's a fist weapon, because we all know Mario never loses his power gloves...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

We've never seen him attack with his fists really, at least not in his own games.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Aherm... *gestures to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy... And maybe to a lesser extent some of the mario RPGs*

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
I don't recall fist-fighting in either of those games.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Mario can punch and kick goombas to death with B if he doesn't want to deal with that jumping shit in 64, and in Galaxy, his primary ground attack/last ditch double jump is just him spinning around and smacking fools with his fist.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

And since I'm in a Bethesda mood right about now, here's an Elder Scrolls one: The Link Challenge

-You are a hero, and therefore are not allowed to kill anyone who doesn't threaten you (aggro) first.

-You are mischievous, however, and are allowed to steal. However, you aren't a monster who enjoys bankrupting people. You are allowed to steal one or two items per shop/house only, and you are not allowed to steal it back from the evidence chest. But you can steal an infinite amount of coins and jewelery. (Soul Gems count)

-You must don your adventurer's longshirt with pride! Especially if it's green! The only armor you can wear are gauntlets and boots.

-You have only ever used a sword and shield, a zweihander sword, a bow, and a big fuckin' hammer before, and you don't plan on changing that arsenal any time soon. No axes, maces, clubs, spears, etc. @Skyrimmers, no dual wielding either! It isn't knightly!

-Link is a skilled magic user, but he can only use powers, enchantments, scrolls, and staves.

-Link is not allowed to kill the Town Guard. No exceptions.

-Link is not allowed to kill innocent villagers. No exceptions.

-If you're doing the Link Challenge in Skyrim, the only headgear you are allowed to wear is the Fine Hat, without enchantments. Unless that enchantment turns it into an annoying talking bird hat.

-The same three lives thing that goes with Mario, except it's one life per 10 quests because this grants you considerably more liberties in the game.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

-Every time you see a chicken, you must kill it with your sword

-Every time you hear a draugr make a loud noise, you must freeze in place

-You can not use healing spells, only potions

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

-If you see a bunny, you must yell at the screen until it goes away.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I don't catch that reference.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

One of the conceptual things in Zelda's early days was that the controller would have a microphone, sheerly for the purpose of killing an enemy that was basically a disembodied rabbit head.

Also,

-You are not allowed to attack wolves/dogs from behind.

-If there are numerous bats/rats/rodents in a dungeon, you must kill all of them before proceeding to the next room.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Oh. Didn't know about the microphone.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The bunny thing is called Pols Voice.   Link is told "they hate loud noise."  

In Japan, there was a microphone on the console that you could use to shout at them.  No microphone in America-- they're actually weak to arrows.  But they left in the info about noise.

I remember spending a stupid amount of time trying to find a noise-based weapon or something, or playing a flute at them, or looking for a lever that would, I don't know, ring a bell?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Oh, I remember the "loud noise" thing, but I started to assume that the game was just being a dick after the "grumble grumble" thing.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The countdown timer.

*hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh intesnifies*

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The hype, man.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah, even rebooted The End (shameless self promotion) to celebrate. Ready for the Post-Apocalypse.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Hate how limited the names are, especially considering how many joke names there are. For example, I can't name my character Albert (which was the name of the canon pre-set in Fallout and the name of the Lone Wanderer in the previews of Fallout 3), even though I've used the Albert Cole pre-set since Fallout.

That's just bullshit. I hope that Bethesda updates the list with some patches, just so I can hear Stephen Russell say "Mister Albert." That will totally make my life complete.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

It's out.

It's fucking out.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Oh no, Chris is having a hernia!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Meh.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well the plan was to get it at midnight, but much like Bloodrain I had major car problems recently so I'll have to spend most of the morning taking care of all that, but hopefully I'll have the game sometime after that's all been completed.

So I just spent my time finishing up Wasteland 2 instead. Not a bad game overall and did it's job in tiding me over until Fallout 4.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well I got it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it directly when my wife stops playing the game. Lol. Probably going to fall asleep soon anyway due to all the car stuff I had to take care of this morning. 

Anyway, I look forward to playing the game and then making complaints about it on here in the near future.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Playing it now. 1080p and 60fps is the only way to play it. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Apparently, power armor has battaries now.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well, it has been mentioned in other Fallout games that they had a power source to run them properly.

From a gameplay perspective it just seems like it's a way for Bethesda to give you power armor near the beginning of the game, but limit its use so you're not excessively overpowered from the start.

I actually just find it funnier that the female protagonist who has a lawyer's background just suddenly wakes up 200 years later knowing how to modify not just the power armor, but all these weapons as well. This is a pre-war person too, in the other games you could at least stretch the imagination and figure "Well despite growing up in a Vault, they might have very well learned all this kind of stuff and basic survival techniques just in case."

Though I guess her husband who does have a military background could have told her or something. Probably would have been better for Beth to have designed it so whoever it is you pick to play as turns out to be the army veteran in your family.

But of course this isn't real life, but an incredible simulation!

It's fun so far, but it feels like they just slightly altered the main plot line from 3. Instead of looking for your dad, you're looking for your son and then attempts to force some sort of emotional feeling on to you to care. I suppose it's slightly more successful since you might have more incentive to go find the people that shoot your spouse and take your kid...but eh...I still prefer The New Vegas style motivation which didn't clumsily attempt some sort of "feels" which really don't work. (Well they don't to me I suppose)

Other than that, the Diamond City DJ is fucking annoying with his awkward stammering. Not sure why they decided that was a good idea to give a goddamn DJ that sort of personality. While Three Dog got a little old, and Mr. New Vegas was just sort of dull, neither one of them actually irritated me too much. 

A shame since the music selection is pretty good. Oh well, there's still the classical music station which happily doesn't have a DJ at all.

Well those are my first "complaints" more sure to come after another trek through the wasteland!

EDIT: Lol, I only just got around to listening to the "Hi Honey" holotape which seems to imply the wife also has an army background, so I guess it all works out.

DJ still really sucks though.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I played the game all day yesterday, and so far i've found the game very good. The only complaint is a few graphical glitches here and there, and the lack of understand choices in conversations sometimes. Like, at one point, a BoS soldier tried to get me to help him, and I passed a speech check which said "Hire me." but instead, it implied that I wanted to be paid for the work instead of joining the Brotherhood and it caused them to dislike me more and take a hostile tone. I had to reload and start the conversation over again.

So yeah, probably the biggest problems is the speech options, but it isn't a huge deal. The gameplay is really fluid and I haven't had many complaints so far with the bare bones of the game, from crafting to working on power armor. I'm actually going to restart tonight since I haven't gotten that far (Just to diamond city and a handful of quests. Now that I know what i'm doing it would only take a few moments.) I have to agree though, the DJ of diamond city is annoying as hell, and I don't know if they have a quest to replace him or not. I'm sure they do, or you can straight up kill him, but I haven't really bothered searching for him.

EDIT: Also, I like how the magazines are no longer temporary but actual full on perks. I've collected roughly a dozen now, and i'm really liking the scavanger hunt-like finding each one.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
"Hire me", would literally mean asking them to pay you for your services. That misunderstanding is all on you, lol.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Not sure if I'm going to bother with the building thing. It's a bit tedious with how it's set up. Might play around with it when I'm done with exploring which probably won't be anytime soon.

Guess I'm stuck with the Minutemen folks now though. I tried to see if I could kill them and they made them invincible. They just get back up and start attacking you again.

Never been a big fan of the whole non-kill able companions/NCPs thing that Bethesda seems to always put in their games. If someone dies, they should stay dead.

Still, even without building a whole settlement for a bunch of freeloaders, I've still been collecting just about every piece of junk I can find since I've been messing with modifying weapons and armor a lot. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Been having trouble finding circuitry.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Excessive essential NPCs can completely spoil a game. Damn you, Bethesda.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Unless it's in a hellhole like Dead Money, because fuck protecting the other guys to keep your head from exploding! If I wanted to help out other people, I wouldn't be in the basement playing a single-player game and not contacting any of my steam friends!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I still think Skyrim would have been better if it was possible (but insanely fucking hard) to assassinate Tullius and Ulfric.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

It's sort of dumb that you need a charisma of at least 3 to gain the lone wanderer perk which grants you bonuses for traveling without companions. Seems like it would be more thematic for people with less charisma.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Definitely. You should have a charisma of 4 or less to get the lone wanderer perk.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You kill either Tullius or Ulfric, depending on whether you join the Imperials or Stormcloaks.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yes, but what sense does it make that they happen to be invincible until the final battle and that the game doesn't explain this or even try to handwave it away?

They should both be in a protected room, surrounded by elite guards. When you enter their castles, you are greeted by someone with whom you can arrange a meeting with the general/jarl. You then have a conversation with Tullius or Ulfric as you did with Lanius in FNV (if you sided with the legion). This means that, after you arrange the meeting, you spawn in the general/jarl's chamber and are forcegreeted. After the conversation concludes, you spawn back in the main part of the castle. You could access each leader's chamber and fight them without the forcegreet, but only after fighting/sneaking past a shit ton of bodyguards. When you fight them at the end, they are scarcely protected, as they had to dispatch most of their personal guards to defend their keep, so it's a slightly easier fight.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Ugh, I hate forcegreet. It breaks half the time, and then you're just left with Christine's Frankenstein-ass face staring at you for an hour before you give up on your save file and do the entire building all over again...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

So, the inconvenience of having to load your last save is greater than the amount of mental energy you expend trying to convince yourself that Tullius and Ulfric have some sort of Thalmor/Dragon magic on them that makes them and their seconds-in-command immortal but leaves them for some indiscernible reason when you siege the castle?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yes. You should have some way to talk manually at least. I don't fucking trust ForcedGreet any farther than I can pick up and throw Gaben.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Fine, you are transported directly into the chamber of the general/jarl, but surrounded by several extremely powerful guards and without any weapons. You are also forced to wear bracelets that prevent you from using magic effectively.

This would allow you to speak to Ulfric/ Tullius at your own liesure, but with no chance of winning in a battle, which is exactly how any real military leader granting you an audience would have it.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

But there's one thing you have that these guards could never anticipate! A billion million health potions and the heavy armor punching perk!... I figure anyone who actually manages to kill them then probably deserves it.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Maybe, but you still have to admit that my approach would improve immersion.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Immersion is my favorite thing in Skyrim- with all the mods, I can sit back and pretend like I'm really lost in the world of Skyrim. It's great.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The key phrase being "with the mods". Moddability is key in determining the replay value of a game, but the game should be pretty good out of the box. Skyrim had a lot of flaws that were difficult for even experienced modders to fix. The story was crap. The villain was crap. The perk system was horribly imbalanced, while also making it far to easy to be a jack-of-all-trades.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You can actually get the DJ to stop stammering like a little bitch with the quest 'Confidence Man'. You can get it after meeting him then talking to Vadim... Or something like that.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

What I want to figure out is how to kick out the Mayor of Diamond City, I hate him :L

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Holy shit, Piper! I just saw her get blown up by a  Suicide Supermutant; when the dust settled she was sort of just sitting there. The immortal NPC's thing is kind of hilarious. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

My shitty computer can't run the game.

Gonna have to wait until I have enough money to buy a new computer (which will be a long time from now).

Fuck my life.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Specs?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I haven't gotten to the BOS yet, but I keep hearing that they aren't the Capital Wasteland chapter and they're actually from the Midwest (Chicago?) chapter and sent a detachment to the Commonwealth.

If that's the case, I think I'll be able to tolerate them a lot more since they tend to be focused more on the "order" aspect (and gathering tech) and less on the "shining knight" aspect. They're a lot more "gray" in the scheme of things.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yes, they're a incredibly grey area so far, though I think the game keeps trying to make them out as 'villains' due to how every companion basically hates you helping them. They're not evil, though. It's weird.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Oh it looks like this BOS chapter is from Capital Wasteland. They just had a change in leadership and are now less white knight "Save the wasteland" and more Warhammer Space Marine "Purge the abominations."

Either way, they're a lot more tolerable now than they were in Fallout 3.

Still not sure if I'm going to commit to their faction, I'll see what the Institute is like. Definitely not going to join the Railroad though.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Keep playing and dying and having to restart from the beginning. Argh. Anyone know when you can save?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Do they not allow F5 saves anymore?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Using Xbox version. Maybe I shouldn't have tried 'Very Hard' from the get-go? Lol. Will give it another go tomorrow, hopefully will fare better then.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You should be able to save as soon as you start, you just have to do a manual save.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Just was talking to someone about fallout, and they just said these two things in the span of a minute. "Console is so much better, and can I quick scope in fallout."

fucking

hell.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

HAH! PC MASTER RACE SKRUBLORD!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Seems like at the very least you should have an auto save somewhere unless you turned them all off. Most new games implement it automatically and Fallout 4 in particular has like multiple versions of it. You get one anytime you move into a new location, you get one after completing important moments and you even get one for just looking at your Pip Boy. I ended up turning most of those off since I prefer manual saves.

I would imagine playing on Hard at first should give you enough challenge without the boring annoyance of even the lowliest radroach becoming a bullet sponge.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Dunno, radroaches seem to be a one hit kill no matter what. Didn't have a problem with those haha. First time I died was because I wandered immediately after setting outside of the vault, and some group of raiders found and killed me. Had torestart. Second time I already got into Concord, and then had to restart cuz I got killed in the firefight.

Anyway, rebooted the console and the entire outlet itself, and seems to work now. Musta been a wacky glitch. So anyway its working now and I got up to helping the settlers from raiders after fixing some dude's pump.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Step One: Push Start

Step Two: Select Save

(Or quicksave if that's how you like it)

Step Three: Save

Step Four: ...

Step Five: Profit!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

So I went ahead and did some of the settlement building stuff. Not a lot, just enough to fulfill need requirements whenever the Minutemen send me to go claim some stretch of land and attract a few settlers.

The weird thing is all the settlers I'm attracting are mostly ghouls. Not that I mind, but I didn't even know there were ghoul settlers, I figured they would all be human. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Same here.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any kids.

HALLELUJAH

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

There are kids, don't worry.
For a whale of a time, try getting one as a follower and asking them to get in your power armor. #GamebryoLulz

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Sure you didn't get the European version?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I know how the game ends. This has to be the best story and now in the Commonwealth makes it really unique. Building your own town is hard. For anyone that wants to know the cap glitch I will tell you. First talk to the merchant buy one type of ammo (don't confirm it) then sell one back then sell the rest and then you will still have one bullet left and can keep selling it. During this NEVER confirm the trade until you get all the caps you want.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Your chance for a ghoul waifu.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Lol, it is sort of strange that all my ghoul settlers are female so far. Went ahead and put them all in pre-war dresses for the lulz.

Tried to give my settlers better weapons, but the only ammo I can afford to waste is the .38 and they all already use those crappy pipe guns which use that ammo.

I used one of those pipe guns a few times myself and those things really suck even if you mod it, the laser musket is almost as bad. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I laughed when Mama Murphy OD'd on Psycho.

Why the hell would she be taking that anyway? I mean I can see Jet and Mentats since their primary purpose is to alter your mind. (With Jet, you sit there and enjoy the high, and Mentats make you smarter so you can pontificate about everything) Even Med-X I can see since it’s numbing pain.

But it doesn’t seem like you’d use Buffout and Psycho unless you were planning on doing heavy manual labor, something athletic or going into combat.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Adrenaline rush for people too lazy to find a safe way to skydive.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Using a shit load of INI edits, Razer Game Booster, performance mode on AMD Gaming Evolved app, and disabling tessellation in AMN Catalyst Control Center, I managed to get the game to run at an average of 15 FPS outside, which is just enough to be barely playable. Loving it so far, got to the Museum of Freedom before I got off. Gonna spend all weekend playing the fuck out of it, so don't expect me to be on for quite some time.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

15FPS? Dude, how the fuck...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That's what you get when you have a shitty graphics card, a shitty processor, and only 4 GB of RAM.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You should download some more RAM.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Sent, RAM is a bunch of little sticks inside your compupter.

You can't download little sticks to your computer.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Looks like someone's never been to the early 2000s before.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Four or five hours in now, on my way to Diamond City after dicking around with settlement building.

I like the game so far, has pretty neat extra features and there's actually a benefit for 10 Charisma with the perks instead of just being one smooth motherfucker.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

On my next playthrough, I'm going to do 9 charisma on the hardest difficulty.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I suggest 10, because that way you can choose the Intimidation perk right off the bat and pacify enemies that are lower level than you.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

But then the charisma bobblehead will be for nothing.

Insolent Knave.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Since this is our designated Fallout thread...

I got Fallout: A Post Nuclear Roleplaying Game to hold me over until the Steam Summer Sale when I could probably afford Fallout 4. Anyway although I'm still trying to figure out how everything works, I like that it's different than the modern Fallout games because I have to go through a trial-and-error period whenever one purchases a new game that I haven't gone through in a long time (since I got STALKER last year, actually)

:P When I came out of the vault, it took me 30 years to reach my first settlement, Shady Sands, because I had no clue what I was doing. I think I pissed off everyone there without even meaning to ;(. Then I tried to find some caves because this one dude was going on about radscorps he wanted me to clear out from them and stuff, and as I travelled around I came upon what I would later realize to be a random caravan. But I though it was an ambush, so I tried knifing a dude. When I did figure out how to reach the caves, I tried killing all the scorps with a knife before figuring out how to change between first and second inventory weapons. Only problem was, I sold two of my three starting stimpaks back at town for some caps and other things, which was such a dumbass decision considering I placed combat difficulty at the highest possible.

Needless to say I'm having fun haha. Though, I do prefer the 3D games over the isometric perspective.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Actually, time goes in hours and days, not years. Just an FYI. But anyway, you're in for a fun-ass game, Fazz. Once you're done you should get Fallout 2; that was the best one.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The time will eventually pass in years in the second game. The game will actually end if 13 game years pass.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Then again, 13 years is definitely enough to beat the game.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

He's right. F2 is still the best.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I never got to play the first 2 Fallouts only 3, Vegas, and now 4 I am reduced to only watching it. *Sigh*

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You could always buy the older games. Fairly cheap compared to modern, up-to-date video-games.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I don't have a computer to play them on. My older laptops are very slow and on the brink of death. And the new ones are probably to advanced to play them like a few other old games that I like, but can't play. It isn't a gaming computer either.(I am a console person.)

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

XD back in the old days, I played original fallout on a desktop that took over 3 min for the vault dweller to walk from one side of the screen to the other, 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Praise Jesus for higher resolutions.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Jesus?! Heathen! Lord Gaben shall hear of this and revoke his winter sales!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Eh, I guess it's good that you feel that way, but I haven't quite felt the same about Jesus ever since I caught him picking on Humpty Dumpty.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Console "person". 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

My deepest consolations.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

GOG.com

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Sheesh, the Dunwich Borers takes a hell of a lot of ammo to get through. Actually had to use one of those crappy pipe pistols to conserve my more valuable ammo.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
I managed to make poor enough (or awesome enough depending on how you frame your view) decisions that I wound up in a battle that cost me 200+ rounds of 10mm, 100+ shotgun rounds, 100+ .44 rounds, 100 + .45 rounds, 100+ .308 rounds, 20+ frag grenades, somewhere in the realm of 400 fusion cells, and over 50 stimpaks.

It was simultaneously ridiculous and amazing.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That'd fucking kill my computer, haha.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well I don’t get much time to write anymore and with Fallout 4 out, the free time is even shorter, however here’s a little tale about one of my more recent adventures. (Minor spoilers, but nothing to do with the main plot)

Vault 81: A Cautionary Tale

So after having wasted a shitload of bullets recently at the Dunwich Borers, I found a wandering trader. Figuring I could replenish my ammo I went to speak with him. He ended up telling me he didn’t have anything and was going to Vault 81 to replenish his own supplies and my map was updated.

Another Vault! Those are always fun to explore. What sort of fucked up experiment was this one going to be? But then if the trader was going back there to replenish his supplies what must mean this particular vault must be one of the control vaults or something. Well, it still might be worth checking out.

Eventually after fighting my way through the usual super mutant/ghoul/raider infested lands, I get to Vault 81 and try opening up with my Pip Boy.

“Halt right there wastelander scum!”

Apparently the vault dwellers inside didn’t trust some stranger trying to barge into their vault. Can't imagine why. Their Overseer was a little more understanding and said I could enter if I helped them out. Despite the fact that I told them I was a fellow Vault Dweller and had two ranks in Lady Killer perk, she was unmoved by my words and wouldn’t let me in until I handed over 3 fusion cores.

Well I didn’t have many left, but I figure I’ll probably find more later and I don’t use my Power Armor that much any way so I said fine since that was the only way I was getting in.

After this exchange, the Overseer said not to worry about some of the other vault dwellers being short with me since not everyone thinks its a great idea to trade with the outside world, but it’s necessary sometimes. Very pragmatic. Good.

Despite her warning, most people there were fine with me. Some even expressed a desire to leave themselves but they were too scared to do so.

While I was there, I spoke to the shop keepers (And got my ammo) provided the doctor with fresh blood (who was a cheap bastard and didn’t give any caps) and spoke in front of a classroom of children who asked about my adventures in Commonwealth. I told them the tale about Concord and how I single handedly killed a bunch of raiders  and then killed a Deathclaw all the while Preston and the rest of the Minute Men didn’t do shit to help me. The children were impressed and I got a Gronak comic out of the deal.

One of the kids however was upset because her cat went missing. I thought I saw a cat running past me when I first entered. Apparently it ran out of the vault though she assured me it wouldn’t have gone far.

“*Sigh* Now I have to go looking for a fucking cat? Fine, but I get paid for this type of thing little girl.”
“I can give you my teddy bear.”
“What else?”
“I also got a kickball. I like it, but I like my cat more.”
“Seriously? I’ll need something more substantial.”
“Okay, I can also give you a silver locket my mom gave me. It’s my second most favorite thing in the world!”

I knew the Lady Killer perk would come in handy.

So after having successfully extorted a little girl, I explored more of the vault since the cat’s probably dead anyway and wouldn’t be going far.

I decided to go down to the reactor room because apparently nobody gave a single fuck that I was wandering in restricted areas just because I gave them 3 fusion cores. Came across twins, a girl and a guy. The girl told me not to pay any attention to her brother since he was a no good junkie. This guy was supposed to be the engineer of the place, but according to most folks I over heard earlier he let their broken down Mr. Handy do all the work. Anyway, she told me that she’d like to leave the vault, but she felt partially responsible for her brother’s drug habit since she sold drugs and gave him a few sometimes because he’s so over worked.

Way to enable there sis.

I spoke to her brother and predictably he asked if I had any jet to sell.

“Well duh. I routinely exterminate raider hideouts for fun. I’m practically a walking pharmacy with all the drugs I find. 75 caps.”

Hey, he’s not my brother.

Explored the rest of the reactor room and hacked a Master terminal which contained some interesting notes from the original overseer. Turned out this vault WAS supposed to undergo a fucked up experiment after all and there was actually a secret section of the vault which housed some scientists doing disease experiments who were going to eventually test on the inhabitants of the vault, but the overseer got a conscience and cut them off completely so they couldn’t flood the other part of the vault with the diseases.

Interesting stuff, maybe there’s some way of getting into this secret part of the vault, but then I remembered I still had a cat to go find.

As I’m heading up to the surface, I overheard the botanist looking for her grandson. I thought great, someone else I’m going to probably have to look for.

Didn’t take long to find the cat, didn’t even have to fight anyone or pick it up. I just told it to go home and it did. That usually never works, but fortunately this isn’t real life.

Got back to the vault to claim my reward, but I only got the goddamned teddy bear. Apparently the little girl must have told her mom what she was going to give me and her mother talked her out of it.

Back out of a deal, real nice lessons to teach your kid. You fucking bitch, no wonder your husband never wants to spend time with you.

I was going to leave since I’d had enough of this place demanding shit and half of the time not wanting to give me anything in return, but that botanist looking for her grandchild? Yeah, well she found him, but he had gotten bit by a mole rat. The kid was in bad shape and it was all the junkie’s fault. He was digging around the reactor room to find a good place to stash his drugs and he found the secret section of the vault and there were a bunch of diseased molerats in there.

Naturally I got asked to go explore it since maybe there was a cure in there.

“*Sigh* Fine. I was going to go explore it anyway.”

What came next was the fighting bit. Nothing really too tough though. Just a bunch of molerats and a few automated turrets. Finally got to the end where I found Curie. Some Mr. Handy robot that was given an annoying female Frenchie accent. She’d been working on making cures for all the diseases they had tested on these molerats, but she needed a proper release so she could leave the lab. I released her and she gave me the cure. It was then a quick trip back to the infirmary.

So I had the cure, but there was only the one since Curie said the rest had expired years ago. On top of all this apparently after checking my stats I had “Molerat Disease” which subtracted 10 HP.

“You found the cure? Quick give it to me.”
“Yeah, about that doc. I used it already. Sorry.”
“YOU WHAT!? You bastard! You just condemned that boy to death! Get out!”
“Whatever.”

Well, that pretty much vilified me to most of the vaulter dwellers. Even the Overseer was pissed, saying I just made her job harder. Easy to point fingers when they aren’t ones with Molerat Disease. I wouldn’t have even gotten it if I hadn’t been sticking my neck out for them in the first place!

At this point I figured I’d make one last stop to see if the junkie wanted any more drugs so I could unload my supply before leaving this vault of judgmental assholes.

The junkie wasn’t in the reactor room, just his sister. She told me he wasn’t doing too good either and the only way he was going to get better is if he went and saw one of the doctors to help him get off the drugs.

Why not? I figure I’ll just sell him more drugs when I do find him.

I get to his room and I don’t even get the option. I get lured into a conversation instead. Seeing that I was going to have to try to convince him to get off the drugs, I figured the hardline approach would work since apparently people being nice wasn’t working.

“You’re a waste of space.”
“That’s harsh dude.”
“Monsignor, that is rude to speak in that tone.”
“Yeah, well your Frenchie tone is fucking annoying. Listen up toaster, if you expect to follow me, you need to shut the hell up and let me do things my way. Now back to you junkie, it’s all your fault the boy died in the first place. It should’ve been you.”

Of course in typical junkie logic he turns it all around and blames ME for the boy dying and then opens fire.

Barrel one to the chest and then barrel two to the face and a headless junkie lies dead on his now bloody floor. I though for sure Vault Security would be all over my ass, but apparently the rooms are soundproof or more likely they just continued to not give a shit about some stranger killing one of their own.

After looting his headless corpse, there was little else to do but go talk to his sister.

I fully expected to get bitched at once again, but surprisingly his sister was cool about everything. She didn’t blame me AND unlike everyone else in this shitty vault took responsibility for contributing to her brother’s problems.

It was at this point I decided that she was better than this shitty vault and since she wanted to leave anyway…

“Hey babe, why don’t you come help me with my settlements?”
“Really? You’d let me come with you?”
“Sure, I routinely just take in various vagabonds from the wasteland all the time. You’ll probably be more helpful than the rest of the slaves... I mean people that work there. Plus, while ghouls are fun, they can't reproduce and you being a vault dweller, you'll probably do for good breeding stock. Just ignore Preston though, he thinks he’s important, but he doesn’t really do shit except whine to me about rebuilding his Two Pump Chumps gang.”
“Okay, I’ll go pack my stuff!”

Lady Killer perk strikes again.

And the moral of the story is don’t trust strangers.

TL:DR: Visited Vault 81. Extorted a little girl. Saved a cat. Killed a bunch of molerats. Gained a toaster follower. Let a boy die. Killed a junkie. Talked the junkie’s sister into joining my settlement.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
"Back out of a deal, real nice lessons to teach your kid. You fucking bitch, no wonder your husband never wants to spend time with you."

I already cleared that location, but I knew reading your take would be worth a few laughs. - I didn't realize I had the disease the first time I went through and gave the kid the medicine. So I had to go back some saves later and 'CLEAR' the place to punish them just like crazy Morgan would have done in the first place.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I paid a visit to Dunwich Borers as well. Creepy stuff but i had a nice plasma rifle and a suit aof Tesla Power Armour. Never take any chances with something with Dunwich in it's name

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The odd thing is I got sent to it pretty early in the game. It was like the 3rd place the Minutemen sent me to right after the two nearby farms in the area or rather they set me to a farm to liberate and the farmers sent me there to wipe out raiders. Nevermind the fact that the place wasn't really all that close to this farm.

It wasn't really the creep factor or the sheer amount of ghouls there since I pretty much expected that bit. It was the well armored raiders that I had to fight through on the surface and part of the dig site to even get to Lovecraft Land.

I wasted most of my ammo and fusion cores just getting to the place first since I really wasn't the expecting to run into bullet sponge raiders and two fucking Deathclaws, one of which was an alpha. After the Deathclaws interrupted the battle with the raiders, I ended up running into a group of mercs at a nearby mental asylum, but fortunately the Alpha Deathclaw got distracted by them enough that I was able take it down.

By the time I got to the Dunwich site, my power armor was all busted to hell and there was no way I was going take on a shitload more bullet sponge raiders in their own power armor and an infinite supply of molotovs. So I had to make a quick trip back to Sanctuary and some trader woman at a diner.

Even then I still used up most of the ammo refill getting down to the ghoul part. I ended up taking off the power armor (which was mostly broken again) before the last fusion core went dead since it was apparent this place was really damn deep and I didn't want it dying down there. Fought my way through the rest of the place using a crappy pipe pistol most of the time and saved the better weapons for the ghoul reavers.

Yeah, probably went there a lot earlier than my level was supposed to be or something.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Dunwhich Bores is easily one of the hardest areas in the game, with just how many Raiders are in there. But when you get to the end, you do get that sick ass machete. 

It was such a hard fight to get in there T-T, I had no power armor, and the fight down into the pit of hell was that of blood, sweat, and tears.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Goddamnit, Chris, just copy the image location or use Imgur or something next time. That place is filled with adware and shit.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I CAN USE WHATEVER IMAGE HOSTING SITE I WANT, M8!

Nah, I'll just do that from now on; only reason I used that site was because the image was on my PC and I couldn't find it on the web. Plus, I was too lazy to use Imgur.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The joke wasn't worth the struggle of deleting adware.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That's why you use Google Chrome AdBlocker, dude.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

It does not block ads on a mobile device, my hhhhammie.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Poor bastard; usin' a mobile.

#PCMasterRaceStrikesAgain

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

So I got through the Vault 81 'dilemma' by glitching through, using the cure and giving it at the same time, meaning I get free room and board and no mole rat disease. And a space monkey doll-- so that was pretty neat. Unfortunately, I built the char around myself so the 1 charisma meant that the girl and her ex-junkie bro stay there. Meh, don't have a need for them anyway

Have played the game for over 25 hours now, and I've spent 15 hours pandering as to whether I'll join the brotherhood. Don't like them at all, but they'll prolly give me cool deets so I'm still keeping it on the back burner in case I'm desperate.

Like the game so far, annoyed that we can't revive the wife. I mean, she got shot at and was subsequently frozen-- that's just asking for her to be healed later! Agh. And the game is like, 'yo dawg it's cool, forget your loving wife and date your companions'. So that's pretty disappointing.
Nick's alright though. Better than that annoying french robot anyway. Codsworth was cool too but terrible for stealth, only recently got the supermutant.

Farking hate how everyone's so nasty to me though. It's like, unprovoked, dude. Damn anti-semites. Seriously want to just hack all the robots and cause them to massacre everyone in sight. That'll show 'em... One day. One day soon...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

What do you have against the BOS? Well, aside from the fact that they're a bunch of authoritarian jerks.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Dunno, just think that the Earth wasn't nuked to bits just so I could have another stone-faced blowhard to answer to.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Just join them for a few benefits and if they get too annoying for you, you can always betray them later. You can actually join all the factions up to a certain point where the game usually spells things out if you're about to piss off another faction permanently. Naturally opening fire on any of them is another way to make them permanently hostile.

The only group you can't piss off forever is the Minutemen. They're sort of the fall back group to side with if you fuck everything up.

I'm ultimately siding with the Institute. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Ooh, fair point. Got nothing to lose haha.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Considered I'd also post this here. Number of quests in each game:

Fallout: 55 quests, 69 (heh) if counting cut content.

Fallout 2: ONE HUNDRED FORTY ONE GODDAMN QUESTS AND I AIN'T EVEN COUNTING THE CUT CONTENT.

Fallout 3: Only 59 quests (not counting DLC), just a little over Fallout's amount and waaaaaaay under Fallout 2's amount.

Fallout: New Vegas: 102 quests (not counting DLC).

Fallout 4: 136 quests.

Looking over this, I just realized how pathetic the newest numbers are. If a game in 1998 can beat games from 2008, 2010, and 2015 in terms of how large it is and how much shit you can do, then you know that there's something wrong. I hope that Bethesda gets their shit together and that the next game will have like 150+ quests AND the same shit you can do in Fallout 2, if not more shit to do (seriously, nothing's better than joining the mob and nothing's funnier than becoming a porn star).

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Fallout 2 was made by a different company and not to mention a lot of those quests were basically fetch quests. Fallout 4 still has a lot going for it, quest wise.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well Fallout 4 beat number 3 in pre-DLC content so i am not complaining

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Daggerfall is the biggest fucking game known to mankind. The starting area alone is 1.5x the size of Great Britain. In Daggerfall, your class can be anything from medieval James Bond to Fire-throwing Pro Wrestler to Shaolin Druid. You can teleport, you can climb up vertical walls, if you can't pick a lock, you can break it down. Almost nothing is out of your reach as a player, as long as you're willing to train hard and work cleverly to get there. But... Have you ever played Daggerfall?... Suffice it to say, at least by today's standards, that bigness and liberty alone does not a great game make. It isn't quantity of the shit you can do, it's quality, in which case Fallout NV and 2 were definite high points.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

So.... Fallout 2  suddenly 'beats' F4 now? Are you smoking crack?

It's not like you have more to do in Fallout 2- Fallout 4 missed the mark by 5 quests and you are suddenly saying that F4 is not as big as F2.

I just can't even comprehend.

I just can't-

*explosion*

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

There is more to do and expect in Fallout 2. The thing I remember the most is that there's more dialogue options for the player (a limit F4 wouldn't have had if they didn't decide to VOICE THE FUCKING PROTAGONIST LIKE A BUNCH OF PRICKS!) and more actual character influences (characters with low/high intelligence are actually written like they have low-high intelligence, charismatic characters stay charismatic throughout the convo and don't suddenly come up with a witty one-liner if they meet the skill requirements like in 3-4) and other such things.

And this also happens to be Fallout 2's map. I guess its size really does dwindle in comparison to ALL OF BOSTON, though, right?

FO2 is the bigger game. And the better game, for mostly unrelated reasons.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

SenPen, you're a dumbass if you think that a picture of the  map is a gauge for scale. Also, they most likely just scaled locations down to size. Furthermore, why the fuck does it even matter? Obviously F2 is bigger, because it's a primitive game. Daggerfall is bigger than Morrowind, but that doesn't mean it's better. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

"Daggerfall is bigger than Morrowind, but that doesn't mean it's better."

>Literally the point I made in the post I made above that one, and clarified that I wasn't saying bigger is better in the very post you responded to. Reaper's argued, unless I'm mistaken, that FO4 is bigger, when FO2 spans 2-4 states. Scaled down or not, its open world is a bigger open world than FO4, even if 2 has smaller locations ans is more sparsely populated.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Fallout 2 was better anyway.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Err, Chris? The reason the originals were so big with so much shit to do is that they were isometric, top-down games.

Also, 141 - 136 = 5. That's not that huge a difference, especially if we consider how much work went into the creation of each quest. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I didn't say that they could've packed more into it, hell I'm not stupid... Well, not retarded anyway.

Still, F2 was waaaaaay ahead of its time considering it came out in 1998. This is 2015, an RPG shouldn't have less quests (no matter how small or large the gap is) in the base game than a game from 1998 can pack into a little over a gig.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Chris, you're being stupid. Regardless of the actual number of quests, Fallout 4 still has  more content. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Fallout 4 has... Hahahaha, I can't even say it. No, Fallout 4 doesn't have nearly as much content as F2. Can you join the mob in Fallout 4? Can you become a porn star in Fallout 4? Can you get married (yeah, I know you can date your companions, but you can't marry 'em) in Fallout 4? Can you have more than one companion in Fallout 4? Can you get a car in Fallout 4? And, most importantly, can you have good RPG elements in Fallout 4? See, you can have ALL of this in Fallout 2 and more. What can you do in 4? Oh, you can join four different factions, customize weapons and build stuff! That's pretty much the three selling points of the game; honestly, it was such a huge disappointment that it hurts to call it a Fallout game. That's right, I said it. I'm the guy who can't get enough Fallout saying that the newest game in the series is a disappointment.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Not to mention (unless I'm mistaken) that there are way less base weapons in FO4 than there are in the other games. (Hell, NV had a ton of weapon mods, they just weren't graphically represented!)

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Fallout 4 has more than 400 hours of content. How many did F2 have, again?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That's your rebuttal? I reply with a goddamn paragraph and you reply with "oh, fuckin' Fallout 4 has 400 hours of content."

Look, I've played the game for ten goddamn hours on the same character (even if it looks and runs like shit), and I admit that it's a fun game. Hell, it IS a good game, but it sure as hell isn't a good Fallout game. Dropping skills and washing over the RPG elements is like removing fucking melee weapons from the Elder Scrolls: it's the most retarded fucking decision ever. Fallout isn't supposed to be a shooter game, it's supposed to be an epic post-apocalyptic RPG where your stats and skills matter, and the dialouge system isn't reduced to 'choose this option and you'll say something different, but they'll say pretty much the exact same thing.'

TL;DR: Fallout is meant to be an RPG/RPG with light shooter elements, not a goddamn shooter with light RPG elements. Fallout 4 is still a good game, but by no means a good Fallout game.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Can you provide a source that F2 is bigger? Fallout 4 is massive

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I never said that F2 was bigger, but it's pretty damn massive too. According to this thread on GOG, Fallout 2 has around 40 hours of content (unless the guy meant that it takes 40 hours just to complete the main quest; can't really tell because of how he worded it. If that's the case, then I think F2 can probably rival F4). Also, the Fallout 2 Restoration Project renews so much shit that was cut.
Like, so much fucking shit that the amount of content skyrockets.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Dude have you even played it yet? Not gonna white knight it or anything but it's a solid game so far.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

He can't play it; crappy computer.

He's probably just trying to convince himself that it isn't worth playing anyway.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

My thoughts as well. Any game looks shit when it's at 15fps. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah, but a computer with good graphics rendering capabilities and sufficient memory can be breathtakingly expensive. I know this because I recently had to find myself a spare computer after an incident involving an epileptic blue heeler and an open window, the second major dog-window accident I've had in the last six months, I kid you not.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You can build a PC that shits on consoles for around the same price. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

It's been my experience that consoles, though shitty, maintain good framerate-running capabilities much longer than PCs. Then again, I haven't owned a console beyond the Wii 1, and they certainly don't make shit like they used to... 10 y/o N64 runs like a dream, Wii is already starting to have problems... Or maybe Lego Batman II is just a glitchy-ass game.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Are you fucking listening to me? I had to fork out a whole $200 for an HP Elitebook with 8 gigs of ram and dual hard drives. Oh, God, the humanity.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well duh. You're using a prebuilt. 

EDIT: I misread. Apologies. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Yeah, sorry. I kinda forgot where I was even going.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The thing is, the later games have more shit to do in them than just quests. And, even hough FO2 had some of the beeter quests in the series, there were also a lot of... Well... "Daggerfally" quests, and I'm sure all the other games have that kind of thing too. The content quality of an open-world rpg can't really be judged by the amount of quests it has, because, well, it's an Open World RPG. I mean, yeah, if there's more content in the game, the more likely it is to have good content, but that's like judging dudes by penis length alone and not taking into account any of the million other variables. (Although, as far as penis length is concerned, you can rest assured I'm definitely the Fallout 2 of this scenario... If Fallout 2 had all the DLC of the next 3 games combined.)

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Guys, c'mon.

I think we all know that the game with the best easter eggs IS the best.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Did anyone know that the game tracked certain holidays according to the game calendar? Diamond City puts up Christmas decorations around the appropriate time. I'm wondering if it's going to do anything for the New Years or other holidays as well.

Apparently it also sets up new decorations during Halloween, but I wasn't in the city during that time.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

... So that's why I kept finding Plastic Pumpkins and candy everywhere... I just decided to collect the pumpkins like I did with skulls in TES and stack them up on display in some corner of my house. (with a few ribs and body parts added in, to keep it tasteful.)

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Nah, those plastic pumpkins you're finding everywhere else are from pre-war since nukes hit shortly before Halloween.

Diamond City does put up new decorations around Halloween though

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I have to ask how many of you have help built Travis's confidence and which do you think is better? His coward self, or is confident self? He is weird and annoying in his coward self and is now sounds like an asshole, and acts like a total badass with his new self.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That stutter was terrible haha. Don't really care either way though, since the DC radio rarely has him speaking. Nearly always has those bouncy 50s songs instead, which are lots of fun.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Favorite song on the radio now is Uranium Fever by Elton Britt. Sadly it doesn't play it as much as I would like it to. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Honestly, I would rather have killed him and left the PC to run it in his place. Then abandoned the PC for a new one. One that lets me do the goddamn talking.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I slaughtered him in his home with Righteous Authority, and then left as if nothing happened. 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

His confident voice is way better. I dunno why people think he sounds like some macho jerk after that quest though. He sounds just like a regular DJ. Hell, he's not even annoying as 3 Dog now.

Speaking of talking with an over the top voice, the Silver Shroud quest is pretty fun. Never broke character the whole time doing it. Would have been cool if you always got the option to speak as the Shroud whenever you wore the costume.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
This guy wins the plagiarism trophy of the year award!

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/vault-111

Did I do this right?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yep!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
I mean, it's literally the entire introduction mission to Fallout 4, down to the stupid details like the crying baby and being able to take the ring.

But plagiarism isn't limited to the media of the original. I mean, if a competing publisher did an audio book of Harry Potter, it's still plagiarism. Changing the media doesn't affect that.

EDIT: You Harry Houdini 'd me.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Where, then, do you draw the line between plagiarism and fanfiction.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Technically, most fan-fiction is a form of plagiarism. If you go by the textbook definition anyway.

Some authors don't care if fans do fan-fiction of their work, such as D.J. MacHale. Most don't really like it, even if they are okay with it. And MacHale takes the stance that anything that gets people writing is a positive on some level, though he'd prefer they create their own stories. G.R.R.M. on the other hand, has gone on record stating that he can't stand fan-fiction at all.

On a more pragmatic level, I'd argue that a fan-fiction can borrow the setting and characters, but needs to make a plot of its own. But personally, aside from parody, I don't really care for fan fiction of any kind. However, this guy simply went and changed the media of the entire thing, as if he were a court room typist changing spoken word into written word, strictly verbatim.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah, I guess, but these games aren't used for commercial purposes, and the mods are explicitly allowing games that are essentially identical to copyrighted works.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

There's also the fact that it isn't a good game and it doesn't branch off more than 2-3 pages.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Well, linearity in and of itself has never been listed as grounds for removal.

Also, Berka explicitly says not to bother him with new games.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Game shittiness has, though. And 10 short, bland pages at the longest path, all of which we can play/watch a much better version of elsewhere and then some, is 1-2 worthy. Especially because it requires no original thought on the part of the writer or the reader.

Well, this is the Fallout 4 thread, not the mod thread.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Perhaps, but this isn't a case of 'essentially' identical so much as 'precisely' identical.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The texbook definition is "The practice of taking other's work and passing it off as one's own". The fact that an author calls their work fan fiction thus makes it something other than plagiarism, but the fact that it's fan fiction also implies that you've done something else with it that is your own, but not the authors'. And this guy obviously hasn't.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
This doesn't reflect the focus of my point, but plagiarism can also apply to unauthorized usage of another's work.

But yeah, in this case, it's just copy/paste blatancy.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

If you are trying to get a game removed because it is plagiarism, and plagiarism is unauthorized usage of another's work, then why even target this game in particular, and not the entirety of the site's "fan fiction" category?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
"This doesn't reflect the focus of my point, but plagiarism can also apply to unauthorized usage of another's work."

I wasn't using that as my argument's basis. I was extending the definition of plagiarism in general to cover its full capacity.

If the guy had changed some things, I would have just rolled my eyes. But for anyone who read the story and played the opening of Fallout 4, this is precisely the opening mission. Down to minute details. To me that's disgusting, bemusing and impressive all at once. When you go to this level of plagiarism, it crosses a line. Seeing as the site has been making an effort to improve overall quality, something this blatant is entirely counterproductive to that goal. Not to mention it makes the entire community look bad. Want to write a story about Fallout 4? Go right ahead. But please, find just an iota of creativity and don't take an entire mission and its dialogue and type it up verbatim. Because most fan-fiction writers don't mean to steal or put any effort into doing an exact imitation. They just want to enjoy the characters they love. This guy made a deliberate attempt to replicate. Big difference.

EDIT: I was actually tugged rather equally between disgusted, bemused, and impressed. Because I'd bet it took a fair amount of effort to achieve this level of replication. So anyway I thought the link would be amusing to share - even if it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But it's time to crawl back into my cave and quit hijacking the thread.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I just see it as a introduction to writing on here for him which I don't know is the reason he made it, but yea it would be better to go private, or Atleast make it longer

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Given the number of Fallout fans that are on this site, you'd think at least one of them would write a half way decent fanfic of it.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

GARRYYYY...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

And so history repeats itself, once more.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

No life repeats it's self once more

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The difference being?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Its always been gary

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Look, I hate to ask this, but can you wait until after my finals are over to troll me?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Ask gary

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

You must be bored out of your mind. What's going on?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

A little sad but mostly bored

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Sad?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Dad might go to prison or might not and I might also have a parisite but am unsure about both. so mostly bored

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Damn it. I'm not sure how one could be unsure of whether they have a parasite, though, unless they've only had a mysterious weight loss or inexplicable signs of nutritional deficiencies.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Not that kind of parisite

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Are we talking about a literal parasite or a metaphorical one?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

skin parasite 

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

So finally beat the game.

Overall I’d say I liked it more than Fallout 3 so it’s already ahead on that aspect at least.

The main storyline…well….considering I wasn’t expecting much from Beth anyway, I wasn’t excessively disappointed. It served its purpose I suppose. Still don’t know why Beth insists on doing these “Find your “family member” storylines for Fallout when they have perfectly good “clean slate” type main characters in their Elder Scroll series and it works out a lot better for their sandbox style.

Anyway the exploration aspect was good which I did expect. Favorite bit was the glowing sea. Still need to go back there and explore some more. I think they probably would have made their Dunwich location a whole lot creepier if they had put it in this area instead. Just traveling through the place makes you feel like you’re walking through hell.

Surprisingly I got more wrapped up in the settlement building aspect than I intended to. I ended up getting carried away with it due to taking over various settlements and then wanting to build up their defenses right away. Since it’s a pain to carry junk around from place to place that meant building  supply routes, which mean recruiting more people and then getting them food and well… it started spiraling from there.

They still need to hammer out the bugs for the settlement stuff though, because it’s glitchy as all hell. Sometimes you can look at the stats of your settlements and they are completely wrong. Many times it will say there is no food, water, defenses or even people, but when you travel there, the settlement is perfectly fine.

I ended up siding with the Institute since they seemed like the best choice for the future and it just made more sense for the main character from a story standpoint. If I’d chosen to side with one of the other groups, it would have just felt like a shaggy dog story. The Railroad pretty much sucks anyway, the only reason why I even did any missions for them was to unlock the ballistic weave.

I was glad to see the Brotherhood were back to being assholes again. I might have joined them, but again just didn’t make much sense for the main character to do so. Besides, I was already annoyed that I had to join them in the Fallout 3 game.

Anyway sort of curious to as what sort of expansions they’re going to come out with for this one.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
I couldn't join the Institute on the first run. I unloaded my magazine into the Director as soon as he walked through the door to talk to me... they didn't like that.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I can't imagine why...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Me either. I mean this is set two centuries after Taken. They had to know some Liam Neeson shenanigans were going down.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I hear what you're saying, but I'm having a difficult time siding with the mannequins from an RPG perspective. I do love the tech of the Institute and I've been helping them, but they're nuts. Crazy. Maniacs. They are seriously invasion of the body snatchers type mofos. I'm about ready to just open fire.

I had to put the settings on Very Hard and it still seems too easy. Don't like that power armor is ubiquitous. The writing is decent, but sub-par versus, say, Fallout 2.

Still, I've sunk 169 hours and am level 50 at this point. So it is addictive.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The Institute doesn't kidnap folks nearly as much as the commonwealth says they do. If anything by the time you get thawed out, it seems like they've mostly stopped doing it and have focused mostly on their synth perfection.

Most of the time their "kidnappings" are just them reclaiming rogue synths that the Railroad stupidly reprogrammed in some misguided effort to "free them." (and ultimately causing more problems than there would have been initially)

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
I haven't extensively followed the Railroad quest line, do they actually reprogram captured synths? I thought the Institute said that some synths just escape on their own. And some of the escapees sounded so sad. But the main reason I couldn't justify backing the institute is Nick Valentine. According to the Institute, he isn't worthy of any freedoms even though he clearly has a great extent of free will. So backing them seemed like a crappy way of thanking the dude that spent half the game helping me track down the people that stole my kid.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Basically the Railroad will mind wipe some synths and reprogram them with new memories which to me sort of defeats the purpose of freeing them in the first place since you’ve basically erased who they were. Also it’s a roll of the dice type thing. Sure the synth might go on to lead a regular life, but then it might also become one of the most notorious raiders in the commonwealth. (And a whole lot more dangerous than a regular human one)

The Institute at that point is just trying to reclaim property that the Railroad took for a joyride and trashed in the process.

Some of the Railroad aren’t even in it necessarily for the synth liberation, they’re just in it because they don’t like the Institute or like causing chaos (Well I guess Madglee will like them, Lol). The leader though is basically a self righteous terrorist who will spend 10 human lives just to save a malfuctioning machine.

I also don’t like them because they have no real end game other than “Toasters are people too! Stop oppressing them!” I mean I like Nick too, but ultimately I feel like he's basically still just a program based on an old prewar cop. I suppose he's unique in that he technically isn't "property" anymore since the Institute threw him out in the junk heap, so I'd let him continue his function since he seems pretty effective in it.

The Brotherhood and the Institute might do some questionable stuff, but at least there’s a greater reason for it all.

The Institute is the better choice though since you get to be in charge of it, so you can possibly change policy of how things are done whereas in the BOS, Maxson is still running the show and no matter how much you might like Hancock or Valentine according to the BOS they gotta be purged just like all the other abominations. (Sort of dumb you can actually take a ghoul, a synth and even a freaking SUPER MUTANT on their airship and they don’t just execute you immediately)

If you really want to go for the “good guys” at least the Minutemen have a clear goal of maintaining some basic safety in the commonwealth and will more or less leave people to their own devices. (Though even if I went that route, I’d still go kill the Railroad on general principle. Lol)

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
Ah, well that does muddy the waters. I did the Minutemen originally because I found every group to either be incompetent, deserving the wrath of a very specific set of skills or just ungrateful curs. Plus it was kind of fun telling the kid that papa was eternally disappointed in him. (I went back and undid my immediate slaying of the director when I found the notes on his computer because I still didn't believe it and wanted to see how this 'talking' thing played out.)

But I didn't necessarily want to be Mr. Goody Good Hero. I just didn't want to spit on my friends. A good overlord does not idly crap on his loyal servants, after all. That can be saved for the infidels. Though being friends with Valentine kind of makes you good by default. Maybe that's why I switched him out for Cait. Did you know if you switch her out for Piper, when waking Piper up from a bed, may lead to Cait requesting a threesome? It was so unexpected, I lost it. The little things really make the game sometimes.

But yeah, the Minutemen have no substantial plan whatsoever. But I got to fight the biggest battle I've found in a game yet by siding with them, so that was sweet.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Yeah I romanced Piper and Cait. Cait always wants a threesome. Lol.

This didn’t happen to me, but apparently if you romance them both and you freed Nick, Piper can possibly be found in his office speaking to him wanting him to go spy on you because she’s suspicious of what you might be up to. (He declines)

Unlocked Nick’s perk and did his whole mini-quest line.

Besides Dogmeat, about the only other companion I travelled with for any great length of time was Macready of all people. He’s actually got a series of mini quests to do, and his perk is pretty good too, since you gain a perpetual 95% chance to head shot someone in VATS.

The rest of them I sort of just sent to the Castle when I unlocked them. I tend to just travel alone or with Dogmeat and gain the benefits of the Lone Wanderer perk.

I think Cait, Macready, Strong and X-6 are the closest to being the “evil” companions. Even then, Strong is really the only one who actively likes you murdering and eating people.

And since you mentioned the infamous “plot twist”, that actually was another reason why I ended up siding with the Institute, I figured I should support my son with his dreams and all. Lol.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago
I heard some people were having trouble finding their companions if they didn't send them all to the same place, so I sent everyone to the Red Rocket, walled it off with junk and built a barracks with an open top floor that had a door and ladder leading the gas station's roof. Now, every time I go back, I find Dogmeat running around the roof in the shadow of the Red Rocket (with two conspicuously placed generators). The symbolism amuses me.

The entire "twist" didn't make much sense to me from a logical standpoint. I felt like I was essentially woken up to die alone and heartbroken. Not so much as a letter? Or a gun that wasn't jimmy rigged from some old plumbing? Such a horrible lack of courtesy. No wonder I had a 'cake is a lie' feeling to the situation.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

When I first saw his name was "Macready", I immedietly thought "Is this MAYOR Macready from Little Lamplight?"

At first, it was "No, it couldn't be. Fallout 4 takes place only a few years from 3, and Mayor Macready was, like, 9 or something. No way."

But after some timeline investigation, I found out it was.

Cool.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I honestly am starting to think the best option is just to kill everyone.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Wasnt the Legion going to haul ass back after New Vegas?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

New Vegas is, like, 200 years after Fallout 3 and 4. The Legion wasn't born yet.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Lol, what? No.

The events in New Vegas take place only like a few years after Fallout 3. (Three or four years I think)

About five or six years passed (I think) between the New Vegas events and the Sole Survivor getting released from his cryopod.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Actually...

FO3 starts in 2277; FNV starts in 2281; F04 starts (or the brunt of actual gameplay begins) in 2287.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Wait a minute, then does my game say 23- oh wait. I did things. Nevermind.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Late to the party, I know.

So:  Overseer in vault 81 looks exactly like my dead wife.  Same hair color, hair style, makeup, eyes.

Just a coincidence, something sinister, or proof of reincarnation?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Your wife is haunting the game, torturing you. Thing is, you murdered her. You're living your own personal Silent Hill.

Crossover = Successful.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Spooky.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That'd be stupid. There's no wife-killing symbolism other than the possible Stepford-Wives thing going on with the 50's setting, but there are too many badass women and too many sexually ambiguous men in the series that nobody gives a shit about for it to be a reference to the value-restricted, oppressive 50's culture that would've represented his anti-wife feelings. Of course, there's the lady killer perk, which allows you to have a sexuality as well as dealing extra damage to women, which has its own unfortunate implications, but none of those perks are in this game.

I mean, even the shitty later Silent Hill games had in-depth symbolism about this kind of thing. If you really did something that life-altering, and you were really in Silent Hill, there would be at least one army of flip-flopping leg monsters or sexy zombie nurses to drive home the point that you were a sexually tense wife-strangler, or some sort of omnipresent atmosphere of self-loathing, but there isn't.

The symbolism in this game, if there is any, is obviously very obscure and very ass-pulled. If anything, you're living in Inception.

Crossover = Successful.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Good job. Good job indeed...

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

TL;DR

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

The post about the mario challenge that you read in this very thread was longer than that!

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I didn't even read through all of that, bro.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

It's okay Chris. *pats shoulder* I believe you.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

But you did read through all of The Rats in the Walls, or at least you would have needed to read text blocks at least 12 times as long in order to get any basic sense of plot out of a writer as flowery and trippy as H.P. Lovecraft.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

That was different, I smoked a joint before I read it.

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

In that case, your brain has gone through worse shit than two paragraphs.

Read it, boy! It's healthy! You don't want to end up like poor little Donnie, do you?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

Any sign the Legion will be around?  Anybody?

So... that Fallout 4....

8 years ago

I doubt it considering the Legion is mostly in the southwestern region of the U.S. I think at best they might have some minor presence in the lower Midwest, but after the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam who knows if they are still a major monolithic force anymore.

Plus I would imagine that Bethesda doesn’t really want to tie any New Vegas content too much to their game.