Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CYS Yu Gi Oh Cards! - pt 2

6 years ago

Aaaand here we are again. Yes, this again. Rather than revive the old, messy thread, i'll just make a new one.

I've decided to make more of these, and if you don't remember the old thread, here's a link.

Basically, like last time, i'll be showing off some of my amazing custom CYS Yu-Gi-Oh cards in this thread. Also, you can request for me to make you one. Give me an image to work with or i'll use your PFP, or an image I find fitting.

So, without further ado...

Here is a compilation of the cards from the old thread.

And some new ones i've made.

And that's all, for now. Like I said, don't be shy to request your own card. Well, if you want one that is :p and feel free to praise me

6 years ago

The way the current meta is, they would destroy these cards in an instant. But cool, nonetheless.

6 years ago

Funny thing, not all too keen on snipers, just changed my pic recently lol

If I play the card "Ballistic Upgrade", I can special summon "Tim the Tank" with a Minigun.

6 years ago

"Tim the Titanic Mech," should totally be a fusion of a bunch of Tims.

6 years ago

These are brilliant! What did you make them on?

6 years ago

A few were made with this site, but I had to edit the images in photoshop with a few.

6 years ago

Your new ones are just as good as the old ones. Thumbs up!

6 years ago

Thank you! ^_^

6 years ago

I like your sense of balance.

6 years ago

Yeah, I figured if you made one of Thara it would get stronger if mine was around.

6 years ago

I honestly expected your card to be something of the King of the Skull Servants / Helios Megistus types (gains power every time something is banished from play). Story tokens is a really weird way to make that go, especially if you're going for an 8 Star 3000/2500 monster (which'll never be used unless you build in a support deck which specifically summons it like Blue Eyes got over the years) (tokens really were a phase in the game, it's all fancy pendulum and link summoning these days).

Side note, my personal favorite decktypes (to play) from the 2016 meta are Vampire-Harpie and Skull Servant

@MK, make one for me if you would

e: Mizal's should have been something of 4* Spellcaster/dark with the following effect 'Every time a Warrior Cat card is summoned or special summoned while this card is face up on the field, reduce the Warrior Cat's attack and defense to 1. When a Warrior Cat monster is destroyed, increase your life points equal to the WC's original attack. When a WC monster is banished from the field or graveyard, increase this card's attack by 100'

e:Recommended EndMaster card: Mod - EndMaster / Dark / 1 Star / ? ATK/ ? DEF / Spellcaster / Limit 1 per deck / Effect: When this card is summoned or special summoned, banish all monsters with less than 2 Stars from the field and graveyard. The number of cards banished x100 becomes this card's original attack and defense. While this card is face up on the field, all monsters with 2 stars or less are directly banished from the field and graveyard. During your Main Phase 1, you may add one Anarchy counter to one face up card on the field. You may destroy a card with three Anarchy tokens on it.

6 years ago

Ah, thanks Stryker. I'll be sure to edit End and Mizal's cards a bit.

Personally, my favorite deck is Dragon Growth.

Anyhow, here's your card! ^_^

6 years ago
Danke, interesting choice, an 1800/1100 which gets buffed on field advantage.
E: What's a dragon growth deck? Level up + dragons? Also, do you have Legacy of the Duelist?

6 years ago

I do have legacy of the duelist.

Dragon growth is where you use stuff like Armed Dragon Level 3, 5, and 7, and Horus the Black Flame Dragon level 4, 6, and 8. Masked dragons are great for this deck as well, since they can get you an Armed Dragon level 5 pretty quickly. The deck basically builds on itself, and eventually you'll have a whole field of tanks if you play your cards right.

6 years ago
Ah, that's a slow deck and easily subject to interference. I'd be up for a duel on Legacy of the Duelist if you are :)

6 years ago
Pretty neat :)

6 years ago

Lol. Amusing. Surprised you made the mizal card a furry

6 years ago

beast warrior!

6 years ago

*thinks* So a furry.

6 years ago

Oooh! I remember Yu-Gi-Oh was a thing! I have cards, someplace! ...Although I think I forgot how to play.

Steve's card is the best.

6 years ago

I have three ready more ready, i'll post them later today when I have a few more.

Working on Romulus and Mayana's cards atm.

6 years ago
you can cut my face out and paste onto thousands of images every day but you can't paste square avatar images into a square card template??

6 years ago

Sometimes the images have to cropped and rezised and edited and have the color changed and shit

6 years ago

"A few more," yeah right.

I have four ready. Here they are.

EDIT: Fucked up Crescents card, will edit.

6 years ago
You make a card of a blind person but don't bother to describe the card for that person? Alright then. I'll just assume it's nothing good.

6 years ago

Blind snakewoman

Desc: This fearsome creature turns its opponents to stone upon one glance into her blinded eyes.

serpent typed

2000 attack points, 0 defense points.

6 years ago

Glass cannon.

6 years ago

Indeed, weak in terms of defense but good for dealing some early damage. Or wiping out everything your opponent summons if they can't keep it on the field. Lol.

6 years ago
0 defense? Damn, I'm weak. Sure, quite strong (probably, I don't know how strong the cards usually get), but that doesn't help if one punch can bring you down.

6 years ago

It does if you aren't in defense mode :p

6 years ago
But why 0? I'm a serpent, not a teddy bear. My defense isn't exactly high, but not that low either. I'm blind, I've spent my intire life crashing into walls.

6 years ago

This is yu gi oh logic, there's also a fire breathing gorilla that explodes in defense mode so you have it pretty easy.

6 years ago

Never played the game, but I would guess you would get linked to a stronger card for a fantastic effect.

So you'll probably just get linked to me and I have tons of defense. Stop complaining, you're still a lot better than some of the other cards I've seen. Lol.

6 years ago
Bleh. Just because I'm blind it doesn't mean I have to constantly be protected and hold someone's hand. My crashing into walls argument still stands.

6 years ago

Exactly if you can't defend yourself from a wall how tf do you expect to defend yourself from hammer wielding pigs and swordsmen?

6 years ago
Defend myself? What do you mean, if I walk into a wall I bearly feel it! Not to mention that whenever I walk into a wall, it is so scared it actually moves away! Of course I can defend myself from a wall!
There are actually a lot of audiogames about blind swordsmen. I'm sure real life works the same as those games. Whenever you hear the enemy's battlecry and hear him swinging his sword, just block it. Sounds simple.

6 years ago

They're scared of your attack points.

6 years ago
That makes no sense. Why would I attack a wall? It's already stone or some other hard substance, not worth it. The walls are scared because they can't hurt me.

6 years ago

If you wouldn't attack the wall then there's no reason for them to be scared and move away.

6 years ago
I'd have gone for a paralysis effect on Mayana's card (such cards exist, infuriating as they are). My interpretive build of Mayana: Earth / Serpent / 3 Stars/ 100 Attack / 2000 DEF / Effect: While this card is face up on the field, your opponent cannot target other monsters for attacks. Any monster that attacks this card cannot change its battle position and cannot declare an attack (i.e. gets petrified) for three turns. Makes her card a pretty strong wall, until something stronger arrives.

6 years ago
Sweet, I get to be the punching bag! With a card like this, an enemy (troll) could decide to pick on the weak blind girl and then get petrified (banned). Not a good attacker, but I can just leave that for End or others. I have almost no clue about how Yu Gi Oh battles actually work, but I like the strategy.

6 years ago
That particular card effect is a little overtuned, most cards with that effect/power would have either 1850 defense or less, or would have other limitations. Also, you're not as much the punching bag as much as the shield that prevents any concentrated attack and protects the rest of the team in doing so.

Yu Gi Oh is pretty fun. I got into it in school, and I kept an interest in it over the years through the GBA and eventually DS games, now finally got the PC version. There's a helpful wiki in the off chance you're interested in learning more. Come to think of it, given the right tools, it's not conceptually much harder than chess to play while blindfolded (as long as someone's telling you what cards you have).

6 years ago
You made the card. If something is too powerful, it's your fault. And I think punching bag and shield is the same in this case. I am the one taking punches while the others in the group can just focus on killing the enemy. Don't take me wrong, I like the card, the punching bag thing wasn't an insult.
While it's not a bad consept, I'm not that interested in the game. There's a lot of card collecting, I find it funny how some people can spend a intire month's pay or more on one single card. The cards are also probably too small to write on them in braille, checking the wiki each time I want to see what a card does is not practical, neither is letting other people see my deck.

6 years ago
True. I moved to online / digital only after school, it was way cheaper. The game had almost all the cards you could dream of, and followed the rules unlike many human players. The latest game, Legacy of the Duelist has 6,285, for a belive a $20 price. That's insanely good value for money, but yes, I doubt a braille version would work out (some of the effects can be really lengthy to explain out)

6 years ago
You mean it has 6,285 cards? See, another reason I'm not that interested in this. What the hell would I do with that many cards? Even if a braille option was possible, I would give up at about a hundred. It's like pokemon, there are way too many and most of them are useless.

6 years ago
"what the hell would I do with that many cards?"

you could stack them up and build a wall to protect your virginity. Most people go for a fort though.

I put a "no grils allowed" sign on the front of mine.

6 years ago
protect my virginity? I do believe my looks should be more than enough to stop anyone from trying. If you saw me you'd give up, too.

6 years ago

Not that I'm trying to obstruct your efforts to stave off Ford's sultry advances or anything, but how do you know? Especially given that whole rule of thirds thing I'm pretty sure exists.

6 years ago
Shut up Sent, such things should not be asked where Ford can see them.

6 years ago

6 years ago

Well, I mean, you're Medusa.

6 years ago
For perspective, monsters 4 stars and below can be summoned straight to the field without any tributes (5-6 requires 1 tribute, 7-8 require 2, 9+ require 3). At four stars, monsters mostly have 1800 attack and some defense, or 1900 attack and less defense. Ones that have 2000 attack or more come with some form of a limitation such as 0 defense, requires calling a coin toss to attack, will self destruct unless other requirements met (usually that the card not the only monster on the field), costs something to attack, or being from an undersupported archetype.

In that context, a 2000 attack normal monster has its uses as a quick beatstick, furthermore some cards only work on normal monsters, and others specifically only destroy effect monsters. The game doesn't really reward defense except to stall or unless you specifically build a defense styled deck (there are cards that can attack while in defense, but they're rare, and the attack is usually weak). The main point of defense mode is building a wall (they can't attack you directly while the wall is in place).

Also, you can't link cards together (barring Union monsters, but that's more because the game's been out for long enough that they've tried most every idea including linking certain monsters)

6 years ago

6 years ago

But Ahri is a foxgirl.

6 years ago

>.>

<.<

But it isn't Ahri it's Crescent now

6 years ago

Everyone thinks she's a cat girl anyway.

6 years ago

;-;

6 years ago
You pretty much made her a Cyber Dragon.

6 years ago

Thanks! I barely know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh except that Pot of Greed is apparently ridiculously OP, and my effect is vaguely like Pot of Greed, so I'm happy.

6 years ago
You card would be useful in the current meta, it's a cycler (you cycle the cards between your hand and deck), and there are a lot of cards that benefit from that playstyle. Arguably, it's one of the better cards MK's come up with (with regards to the current lightning meta where if you aren't winning in three turns, you're probably doing something wrong)

6 years ago

I was just getting to that but you edit locked me:(

6 years ago
For those who don't know: pot of greed allows the player to draw two cards.

6 years ago

The only good one of these was Fleshlord's Wheelchair Cannon, which I enjoyed, because no matter what he's done on the site or as a mod or what personality he's shown, you decided he could go fuck himself, his only feature worth mentioning was the fact that he was in a wheelchair.

6 years ago
he was in a wheelchair once or twice iirc.

I've been told many a time that nate can still use his legs. I still won't believe it until he says so himself.

6 years ago

The album has -7 points. Clearly these cards are too good.