Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
I was thinking of running a...well let's just call it an interactive forum activity over the next couple of weeks. This completely original and never before attempted idea would involve one of the players being randomly assigned the task of portraying a vampire character, in secret. The others are writing for villager characters, who have to try and figure out who is writing for the vampire character and lynch him before it's too late. There may be some other character...careers randomly assigned and additional powers granted the Vampyr depending on how many want to join in. Player responsibilities will be simply voting in the thread every night, or in the case of the Vampyr/special careers characters, sending me a message with an action you want to take in secret. Although of course you can spend as much or as little time as you want discussing the problem with each other over PMs. Unlike previous collaborative writing events, if someone disappears midway, it won't hold up the overall gameactivity. They just lose their chance to vote or act for however long they're gone. Anyway, let me know if any of you are interested. (And if you just want to say that you think any of this sounds familiar, don't bother, because you are completely mistaken.)

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Ah, sweet. Another vampyr in the Court thriller. I'm game.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
SHHHHH, you can't say the G word here.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Well, about time we bring mafia back, after years without it. Let's do it.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Ok man but remember the roles are randomly assigned, being a predator IRL won't give you an edge as a vampire.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Man, I want to participate in this cool, totally new and never done before thing!

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

I'm in

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
I've always wanted to engage in a never before done activity with this general description. So I'm in.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Thanks mizal, very cool

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

I am quite interested in this

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Anybody else? I'd like to start tomorrow but we need just a few more players to keep this interesting.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
I'm in.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Sounds kind of similar to Assassin in the Palace... I'm in! ^_^

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Only real cystians are going to be able to giggle about this.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Good times. Good times. ^_^

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
I just realized there are obvious ways to check for vampires besides driving a stake through someone's heart and seeing if they turn to ash.

Good thing a bunch of ignorant medieval peasants have never read any books detailing these methods...

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Bob woke up and was super happy to start his day as a totally normal, average and boring villager who is definitely not a vampire at all. Ready to start his totally normal and non vampirish job as a fruit market vendor, he walks out the door... And immediately bursts into flames. ^_^

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Bob looks in the mirror, hoping to comb his hair just so, but…

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

"Goodnight, my fellow completely normal and non vampire villagers." Bob said as he climbed into his coffin.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

I'm definitely in!

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Your username is really going to work against you here.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
I'm interested!

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

I will involve myself, I probably won't slack off

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
Are you going to bet points on that?

This makes 12 though, I'll go ahead and make the main thread.

Still a bit of time to join, once the new thread is up I'll accept new people until the end of the first turn.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

I will bet 1 point

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Secret twist... Everyone's a vampire! ^_^

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
I figure we're safe with things like vampires and werewolves. Anything cooler and less gay and this would be impossible on CYS, everyone would immediately swear allegiance to the dark lord.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

I would argue that vampires were considerably less gay before Twilight, but I've recently read Carmilla and listened to the audiobook of Interview With a Vampire and am forced to admit that vampires are infact pretty gay.

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago

This really takes me back, I read through the Atlas thread Bucky made two years back and I can't believe I forgot how fun that was. Fuck @StrykerL for ruining the game too. 

Hopefully someone will see this and take it upon themselves to make an Atlas remake, if not I might do something resembling that. 

Vampyr - Interest Check

3 years ago
The other thread is a lot of fun. Sorry about my earlier, I was too distracted and retarded to read and once I responded to the wrong post without realizing it.