Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

Hallo, am Campit. The signs told me to introduce one. So here I am, introducing. Am old lurker with account long time ago (Complicated), when my reading comprehension was atrocious. I am not new to the website , but everything else - yes. I hope to have good time once again. Perhaps write and be more active than before. Though am not confident in writing abilities, one will attempt carelessness and write anyway. I really like this website though, the stories are honestly wondrous. Even ones that one might consider "Subpar", they all are an experience. (Except, of course when a story kills you when you try to choose the "Unpleasant route for lawful goodies", but there could be exceptions, perhaps one could write that decently. Perhaps.)

One does ask, how is the community around here? Apologies if not tasteful question. One did not care about community in simple times, so one has no idea now how it is (I think it could be unhinged, which makes sense I suppose). So how is it? Is it, reckless? Friendly? Mixed? Standoffish? Answer is appreciated, if one has the ability to answer.

One also does ask if there is anything interesting in this place's history. It is long, surely there must be something intriguing? Last question of mine: any general advice about things? Something one might not get right away or so? I may not be new, but I could be new, if you catch my drift.

Apologies if too many questions and if I somehow messed this up (I have a tendency to write paragraph after paragraph, which is not good for those with miniscule attention spans, poor fellows they are), like not putting this in the correct place or so.

Have a decent day and a better night!

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago
Welcome (back) to the site.

Just poking around the forum and stories/reviews/profiles would probably be the easiest way to get an idea the community. Looks like you were here five years ago, that was a dark time for the site but it's much less full of cringy weeb and furry children now.

As for history, I'll let someone else dig up the overview of the previous seasons, but yes, the site is almost 20 years old and has been through a few eras and regime changes.

Anyway, good luck with your writing, let us know if you have any questions or would like feedback on anything. And just curious, is English your second language?

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

I see. I may have to sift through more things then. 

I think I do remember a lot of wolf life type games. I suppose there were a lot, and that was probably annoying for those who did not want to read them? Y'know I think the only reason I haven't forgotten this site is because of a specific wolf game. It's likely gone, but it still stalks me some.

It's splendid that the site still harbors great games throughout its time and whimsical ones still have inspiration to create more. And that people are still around, very good indeed. These eras and regime changes sound interesting. But I expect I probably have to sift through things? One guesses.

Danke. What's your top three stories? If one does not have one, then one may evade this one's question. I dunno, you seem like an ancient one, so one would think one would have something specific? If not, evade as much as one would like.

It's actually my first, but where I am, people's English is rather.. bad. See, being around with people who usually mess up present tense and verbs and whatever, kinda effects you - sometimes. I understand I probably gave off the impression that it was my second language, huh? Sorry about that, I tried to make it bare since I can get very verbose and very lengthy. I think sometimes going on a tangent - repeating things differently (Probably), I thought that if I kept it rather basic, it would be easier to digest.

Thanks for one's time.

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago
You sound like an inquisitive android just learning about humanity, and I couldn't tell if that was an intentional bit you were doing, or some sort of ESL grammar thing. "Thanks for one's time" and some of the other uses of "one" are pretty formal and odd anyway. It's hard to give recommendations without knowing what genre you're into or if you're looking for stories of a certain length, but the featured list on the main storygames page is usually a good place to start. In the last couple of years the quality has gone steadily up and there's been so many new, sometimes astoundingly good stories added, with old ones cycled out. And if you find one thing you really like, chances are you can check out the profile of the author for others. But the usual recommendations are 'Anything by Endmaster', particularly if you like epic fantasy. Rogues is his newest. Then there's Price of Freedom which is also great and has stats and skills etc. It's possible you read the original version, but Briar/Avery has an expanded one up now. When Johnny Comes Marching Home is shorter than those and just won a contest, and if you like ghosts, I Went to the Graveyard and Edithe Zilonis are also both quick reads with some really outstanding quality of prose.

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

I guess I'll take that as a compliment? Robots are fun. I hope my manner of speaking neglects to elicit annoyance or negative feelings. I suppose my usage of "one" could be considered odd (It's rather subconscious, I think, it's as natural as saying "you", I think at least).

Honestly I like all genres (Except for purely romance - when like there's nothing but it). 

I suppose Endmaster is a very ancient one. All of his (he's a guy right) stuff is quite nice.

Thank you for your recommendations. I'm sure they'll be fun to read (And long as well, at least some of them). I think it'll be nice inspiration, or I'll just fall into "I will never be this good, I am terrible so why bother", hopefully it's the former. Thanks again.

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

Robots are fun, due to their being different, because I am human and not a robot, which is a fun entity of non-human status. 

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago
Heyo

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

Gesundheit.

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

Greetings, strange pixelated flying fish type creature. ^_^

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago

Hail, peculiar skin-covered humanoid. I like (this) one's.. manner of speaking, it is nice to see.

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago
And now we are friends ^_^

Hallo, am new.

3 years ago
Welcome back to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here this time.