Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Hi everyone!

I am new here and found it looking for RPG games. I tried D & D, but my mind is not conditioned for a lot of the content and I could not keep up with the technical area either. There hasn't been a time I haven't thought about writing and wishing I could be consistent and stick with a project. Hopefully this will be exactly the site to engage my mind and get me imagining again!!

Another new edition!

2 years ago

Welcome to the site!

Hopefully you do stay here and contribute (unlike what most people do).

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Thankyou!

I will try my best ^_^

Another new edition!

2 years ago
D&D scenarios for the DM require a certain way of thinking that could translate well to CYOAs. You've always got to have plans for if the players decide to do X, Y, or Z. (And then they do something completely different no matter what...)

The nice thing is that this format allows you to focus on pure writing showing off the settings and characters and plot without any of the number crunching. (Allthough the editor handles variables if you do want some of that.)

Anyway, welcome! Take some time to browse around some of the more highly rated stories, it can help to give you a better idea of what readers are looking for and ways you might approach the branching and all that in yours.

P.S. the word you're looking for is "addition"

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Thankyou!

I have started with The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost and am enjoying it a great deal.

I appreciate the grammar correction. I do not have much of an education beyond 8th grade and an online degree.

I suppose I could argue that "edition" was the correct word....if I were a published text because this is sort of a new version of myself! HaHa ha....ha

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Hello. Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Thankyou!!

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Glad to have you with us :)

Another new edition!

2 years ago
Thanks so much!