Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

Not sure how many people here played this IF game, but I know it was one of the bigger ones (And wasn't Cog shit) that others played a lot. (Pretty sure Cel was a fan)

Anyway seemed relevant, here's a link if anyone is interested in the details.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Magium/comments/1ept31e/some_very_sad_news/

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago
I was aware this game existed.

But damn, sounds like he offed himself.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

Apparently Magium was still being worked on at the time of his death. I thought it was done, but it was one of those ongoing games that the author kept adding to for years.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

Magium was a good read. May he rest in peace.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

Rest in peace. I never read his storygame - looks like a really popular one, especially to have your own subreddit. 

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

The main reason why I knew about it is due to hearing some others making comparisons to Eternal or a few referencing me in that reddit.

I read the first few chapters, but never really saw any resemblance which is probably why I didn't get into it as much. Just wasn't my thing, but I could see a lot of work went into it and I like that the author obviously doing his own thing independently.

As for the whole dying thing, well that's something I always kept in mind even as far back as Eternal. Not that I was ever planning on offing myself, but I did live in Detroit so I've often expected unexpected death at anytime. Hence why I always design stories as "one and done" and not ending on cliffhangers.

Even with Eternal which was released in 3 parts over 3 years, I designed it so even if it hadn't been properly finished, it could be read as if it was complete.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

I wasn't familiar with Magium, but it looks like his work was well-respected. May he rest in peace.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

This story has been out of my mind for years so to see an update about it in here of all places is a big surprise. Too bad it's not a good one.

I was waiting for it to be done before I start reading it in one go since I hate drip-feed reading but I guess it's not meant to be.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago
Is it still worth reading even though, it probably wont be ever "finished" (or if it does it will be brutally chopped up, defiled, and sold to the same movie molesters who made the last season of GOT like some sweaty butcher serial killer)? I've never really heard of it.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

From what ive read off the reddit his brother is going to try and finish the story based on word of mouth on how he intended it going. Although it probably wont be updated on the playstore. 

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago
Oh, I hope his brother is a writer too then, otherwise its gonna be a bit awkward if the last couple chapters was going to just be a paragraph or two of something like "He then furiously defiled the bad guy and everyone clapped! Oh and Dumbledore was gay"

But I'll certainly give it a read.

Author of Magium Died

2 months ago

Damn. I was hoping it would get finished one day :/

Author of Magium Died

one month ago

Death is always sad, even if you don't know the person.

RIP Magium...

:(

Author of Magium Died

one month ago

Yeah I always get upset when Halo dies too. RIP green man.

Author of Magium Died

one month ago

That always gets me teared up too. Or like when Doomguy dies

Author of Magium Died

one month ago
When I was five I walked Mario right into the first goomba on the level, and then straight into a bottomless pit. I know logically it wasn't my fault, there was no way I as a mere child handed a controller for the very first time could have known any better. But I carry the burden of guilt to this day and never have forgiven myself.

Author of Magium Died

one month ago

When I was 5 I had a monkey plushie, and teenage mutant ninja turtles figures. My brother must have been feeling like a bully, so he came in my room, ripped the heads off my teenage mutant ninja turtles, and drawn "harry Potter" Glasses with orange sharpie on my monkey plushie, and cut his tail off, I was so distraught. It's one of my strongest memories to this day. 

That was the day I experienced what death was like

Author of Magium Died

one month ago
What was the get back like?

Author of Magium Died

one month ago

Oh and just for future reference, when that day inevitably comes, I ain't dead I just went home.