Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 6/27/2012: Automatically rejected as part of the FWW clean out.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
We need an automated number that shows up next to a persons username, or shows up on there profile, This number will be the Combined total of all there scores, Divided by the number of storys they wrote. So 8+8+8+5= 29  29/4= 7.25   So now there will be a bit of competition between users to write the best stories, AND it will also encourage people to wait that extra 5 days to get there story to length 7 instead of just submitting the length 6 story they finished. So now we will have MORE users trying there hardest, instead of just submitting there story the way it is, because know all the users on here will probally like it.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
I agree but it should add up RATING and not LENGTH.  And if they unpublish a story, then that story is removed from the list.  That way there is incentive to improve as well.  And it would make it so people didn't post Demo's. Loving this idea.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Well I wasn't saying length as a form of measurement, just saying that a length 7 game written well would get alot more points on average then a length 5 written the same way.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Remember its quality not quantity. But i see the reward for writing more. However, there shouldnt be an incentive to write more, but to write better. So like jjj said, it should be rating and not lenght used int he formula,.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Yes I know, I was just Figuritvley saying, that A lenght 6 story that would get a 5 on the rating system might get a 6 on the rating system if they take the time to flesh it out more to a length 7, I in no way suggest that the length should be the score, just a figuritive idea saying that in this small circumstance it will encourage them to do a good job and make it longer.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Well I figuratively say it should be about ratings and not length, case closed :D

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Touche' my good Sir Touche'

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Anyway, I think we should pray march comes on and that we can convince him to make this a feature, or maybe even GASP alex himself :P

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Even if it's accepted, you won't see it for years, if ever.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
Meh thats sad, we need more active site programmers.

Batting Average.

15 years ago

Amen.

We had Alexp and Aretwo going for awhile, but that ended too quickly.

Batting Average.

15 years ago
I dont know why there is still a feature wishing well, march told me a year back that they were gonna get rid of it, or at least, wipe out eveyrthing and start fresh with features that were in highest priority (at the time this was printing basic storygames, some scripting problems -which turn into enhancements, and the frontpage -which got done yay).